Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: A CHALLENGE TO THE MASSES Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 22 Next >>
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:25am
Damo, in the Quran, we are taught that our differences are not act as a barrier to coexisting, our differences are a sign of God. I am not quite sure what you are referring to by saying 'demeaning putdowns etc' but the Quran is not there to make  fun of or mock other religions, there are so many verses in the Quran and in the hadiths, we are taught by these two scriptures not to put-down other religions so they may not put-down our religion, to show respect, to live in peace and harmony with those who do not believe in what we believe. - Proud

So the term 'kafir' and 'infidel' are not derogatory in your opinion ?

Sure there are suras :2:62, 5:69 5:82 61:14 and others... But as i was informed earlier on this forum on another thread here, the Christians, and Jews spoken of in the the context above are those who came to accept Muhammud and the Quran, as final revelation hence became Muslims. I have read the whole of the Quran, tell me how i could read it out of context and i dis-agree.. it doesn't just concern war. Its always Us and Them.

Edited by Damo808 - 03 September 2008 at 11:30am
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by alic786

ANOTHER ONE FOR THE MASSES
fight if you will over the fact that you have to prove to others that your faith is true,debate with yourself till the day of judgement about what you hold as truth as being truth,let you heart be filled by false hope and false beliefs ,YES we as mankind can make mistakes we fall to error some times ,for even the father of religion ABRAHAM peace be upon him;in his youth made countless errors such as idol worship joining partners to allah swt ,the books of god is filled with countless stories of the life of the prophets and the mistakes they made before coming to the way of god and when they did ,they the same prophets lead their poeple according to the will of god ,you can't look at your faith as being  the corner stone in your life if you dont have a faith to believe in in the first place yet some say that my faith is the right faith , they kill and die for said faith yet the cost of a life is greater than the cost of losing ones life, if the life they lost was in vain then who lose ,do i gain from it do you gain from it does the world look to gain from the lost of one life NO ,but god lose ,a life without god is no life to live ,yet we go about  daily denying the fact that god has sent his slaves to sacrifice themselfs for the good of man just so GOD  can lead mankind to straight path ,whether or not you belive in ALLAH swt as the one true god to have faith in ,you have no excuse to give your love and honor to a lesser form of worship to lesser things under the sky ,thing that are man made thing that are man thing that god himself created ,an still we as man look at our reflection in the mirror an say we have faith in the thing we believe in to be god ,when god himself made it ,an yet you take for god thing other than god to be worship ,every soul shall taste of death every soul shall be judge fairly every soul good or bad shall be paid in full the labor of its deeds ,no man shall benifit another no man shall carry his borthers load no man can pay for another sin , the message is plain to see ,MANKIND SHALL NOT DIE UNLESS I SHOW THEM THE TRUTH BEFORE THEY DIE ,IF THEY DENY ME THEN ITS  FOR THEIR OWN SOUL THAT THEY BELIEVE NOT!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One man's Truth is another man's folly.. There's no such thing as proving a faith to be true.. even in Islam. If there was proof there would be no requirement of faith. There's a difference in trying to prove something to be true , and defending something regarded by some as false.

Edited by Damo808 - 03 September 2008 at 11:43am
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
proud2BAmuslim  

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2008 at 4:13pm
Damo, muslims and non-muslims are two distinct group, you find in the Quran God referring to the believers, to the people of the book, to the women, to the disbelievers, to prophet Mohammed asw, mankind etc, so I guess my point is, it's about being clear and descriptive.

Kafir means a disbeliever, I am a kafir in magic and omens, I disbelieve in magic and omens, you are a kafir in Islam, you disbelieve in it's authenticity. Infidel is an English term, it ain't my problem what it means, but kafir, well that simply means the disbeliever and if you take offense in you being a kafir in Islam, then would you like us to call you a muslim-a believer in Islam? Does that make sense?

So the Quran isn't about us and them, yes it refers to different groups but that's so it's not ambiguous and we know who God is talking about. We are then ordered in the Quran (I gave you the ref. earlier) about coexisting, and reminded that our differences are a sign of God, so it's a good thing, we are also commanded not to put down other religions etc.

You have read the Quran, that's great, but that doesn't mean you know know the Quran, I gave you the example earlier of how you or anyone for that matter can misinterpret the verses, for example, a verse could be referring to war, and we could take it to mean referring to our everyday lives, that is not a shortcoming of the Quran, rather of our interpretations, if one only bothers to study it and its commentary, then it would become clear. If however, if one just read a part of it or even all of it in a different language with minimal knowledge of its background/context, and they were to present wild interpretations based on that, then that is most unfair.   

Damo, I thank you for asking these questions, please feel free to ask another question or elaboration. If there are any errors in my posts, then it's a error on my part, if there are any truths in my posts, then it's from God alone.

One God, One Message, One Qibla, One Ummah.
Check out my blog:
http://amiratulmuminat.blogspot.com/
alic786  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote alic786 Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 2:29am
if someone take a cup pour some water in it till its half the way ,is the cup half full or half empty,whats your answer , what ever you think this cup has in it you'll say either half full or half empty ,the message is the same here when it comes to god , is this not true some say tomatoes some say tomatoe ,some say potatoes some say potatoe  how you see things is how you understand it to be ,some like it hot some like it cold ,is there no in between for the common good of believes in the master of the day of judgment ,its all the same if you look at it ,ADAM[ pbuh] the first man to see god, walk with god ,yet the stories of adam [pbuh] in the quran speaks of nothing of jesus ,i read that when adam [pbuh] sinned and was cast out of heaven he cried for forgiveness from ALLAH[swt] and pleaded untill he ADAMpbuh asked ALLAH [swt] to forgive him in the name of mohameed [saw] then ALLAH [swt] asked ADAM[pbuh] where did you hear this name for i have not yet reveiled this to mankind ,and ADAM[pbuh] said for i have seen this name writen on your mighty throne ,i saw on one side your name ALLAH[swt] and the other side i saw the name of mohameed [saw] ,then and only then did ADAM[pbuh] got forgiven and he and his wife were sent to the earth to dwell in ,now you have something to think about ,some thing you never read in the quran if you said you read this book as i challenge the masses to do and do a bit of research in it you'll find that the most beautifull things you miss in life was right under your nose and that is the FINAL BOOK OF GOD ,THE QURAN !!!!!

Edited by alic786 - 04 September 2008 at 2:34am
tell your faith and tell you what you are
alic786  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote alic786 Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 7:05am
the only time Adam saw jesus was at the vally of souls when ALLAH [swt] gathered together all to come fort the souls of all men and women in one spot ,to give testimony that their is no other god but ALLAH[swt] and the lord thy god is one god and of the same , and god showed he adam the prophet who had their own ranks and this is where adam saw the soul of every prophet to come after him even the soul of [ESA] THE ONE THEY CALL JESUS ,which the word does not exist in the tora the old testament the new testament or the quran where did the people start calling esa the son of mary jesus i dont know but it has lots to do with the original text being translated from the aramic to hebrew to greek to latin then to english but still theres still no sign of the word jesus in the original text which is today kept in vault in the vatican away from eyes to see or people to know the truth about the myth called esa son of mary [jesus] ,so they hide the truth in order to corrupt the world, for the lord thy god and thanks to the lord thy god HAS  sent the last testimony to the world to save man from them selves so that at the vally of souls when we utter the declaration that there is only one god ALLAH swt that we obey our promise to ALLAH swt and not break them ..........the word i say is not of my own but the word of god ,,,,,,and i bow to the will of god and submit myself and my being to gods will ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AMEEN
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 11:17am
Originally posted by proud2BAmuslim

Damo, muslims and non-muslims are two distinct group, you find in the Quran God referring to the believers, to the people of the book, to the women, to the disbelievers, to prophet Mohammed asw, mankind etc, so I guess my point is, it's about being clear and descriptive.

Kafir means a disbeliever, I am a kafir in magic and omens, I disbelieve in magic and omens, you are a kafir in Islam, you disbelieve in it's authenticity. Infidel is an English term, it ain't my problem what it means, but kafir, well that simply means the disbeliever and if you take offense in you being a kafir in Islam, then would you like us to call you a muslim-a believer in Islam? Does that make sense?

So the Quran isn't about us and them, yes it refers to different groups but that's so it's not ambiguous and we know who God is talking about. We are then ordered in the Quran (I gave you the ref. earlier) about coexisting, and reminded that our differences are a sign of God, so it's a good thing, we are also commanded not to put down other religions etc.

You have read the Quran, that's great, but that doesn't mean you know know the Quran, I gave you the example earlier of how you or anyone for that matter can misinterpret the verses, for example, a verse could be referring to war, and we could take it to mean referring to our everyday lives, that is not a shortcoming of the Quran, rather of our interpretations, if one only bothers to study it and its commentary, then it would become clear. If however, if one just read a part of it or even all of it in a different language with minimal knowledge of its background/context, and they were to present wild interpretations based on that, then that is most unfair.   

Damo, I thank you for asking these questions, please feel free to ask another question or elaboration. If there are any errors in my posts, then it's a error on my part, if there are any truths in my posts, then it's from God alone.

Thankyou Proud, though also mentioned earlier, that aside from reading the Quran, i did have an Islamic aquaintance at the time who could elaborate on matters which you would say require a contextual observation. Kafir specifically means 'concealer of truth', which goes hand in hand with the Islamic claim that at some point the Christian's concealed the original teachings of Christ. Therefore i believe my original point is valid, to be referred to as a Kafir is to be regarded as a liar, putting it bluntly.

Edited by Damo808 - 04 September 2008 at 11:20am
alic786  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote alic786 Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 4:48pm
though many times i read the holy quran and yes the word kufar or kafir is in it ,i dont like to use the term ,i rather call the people that have a problem accepting the way that was shown by the last prophet ,i call these people [the none reverted muslims ,as i said when all of us where at the vally of souls all souls give their testimony to ALLAH[swt] but at the time of birth we start to adopt a different view because we come to the matterial plane or the lower planes so things we never saw we see things we never felt we feel learn to eat cause we are hungy we drink because we are thirsty all the lower form of life on earth habbits we do so to worship god we find in oureslves a difficult and hatered for going that what is right ,satan on the other hand rules the lower planes cause both he and our father ADAM[pbuh]with our mother [EVE] PBUH] WAS CASTED DOWN TO the problem is plain to see that its a matter of choise we make that either hurt the soul and the body or bless the soul and the body.behind the man is his destiny ,all our destiny is writen already god said that 75% mankinds destiny is writen for him he give mankind 25% to choose for himself it either makes him or breaks him ,we have to decide on the path we all have to choose good or bad that choice is ours ,even hell or heaven is in the hands of god ,not us ,but this dpes not give us the reason to sin and think we'er going to heaven its in his hand ,,,,,,,,,,,,
proud2BAmuslim  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 4:58pm
Hello Damo,

Do we believe Christians in the past concealed part of the truth? Absolutely. Do we believe the original Injeel and Torah (OT, NT) have been changed, as significant as it may be, absolutely. Does this mean Christians are called kafir as a result? not necessarily.

A hindu is a kafir in Islam, an atheist is a kafir in Islam, a buddhist is a kafir in Islam and the list goes on.

Check out my blog:
proud2BAmuslim  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 5:14pm
Salam alaikum ww brother alic

I have trouble accepting your highlighted text, may I ask where you got it from? Allow me to point out some of the things that I believe are wrong with it:

Adam asw did not walk with God, God is above Adam, to say they walked together is either to raise Adam to the level of God or to lower God to the level of Adam, and both is wrong and not befitting for God.

Adam asw  NEVER asked for forgiveness in the name of Mohammad asw, had he done so, he would have committed the greatest sin in history, i.e. ascribing partners to God.

Adam asw didn't even know how to ask for forgiveness:
2:37 Thereupon Adam received words [of guidance] from his Sustainer, and He accepted his repentance: for, verily, He alone is the-Acceptor of Repentance, the Dispenser of Grace.

The words that Adam asw received from his Lord were:
7:23 The two replied: "O our Sustainer! We have sinned against ourselves -and unless Thou grant us forgiveness and bestow Thy mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost!"

Never does it say in the Quran that Adam asw sought forgiveness in the name of Mohammed asw.

The closest thing I have heard in connection to what you said was-and may Allah sw forgive me if I am mistaken-When Allah sw created Adam asw, Adam asw noticed on the Mighty Throne of God the words of shahada- there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah and Mohammed is the the Messenger of Allah. Adam asw wondered who Mohammed asw was and so he asked, Allah sw replied Mohammed asw is a progeny of you Oh Adam, he will be a Prophet or something to that effect.

Originally posted by alic786

ADAM[ pbuh] the first man to see god, walk with god ,yet the stories of adam [pbuh] in the quran speaks of nothing of jesus ,i read that when adam [pbuh] sinned and was cast out of heaven he cried for forgiveness from ALLAH[swt] and pleaded untill he ADAMpbuh asked ALLAH [swt] to forgive him in the name of mohameed [saw] then ALLAH [swt] asked ADAM[pbuh] where did you hear this name for i have not yet reveiled this to mankind ,and ADAM[pbuh] said for i have seen this name writen on your mighty throne ,i saw on one side your name ALLAH[swt] and the other side i saw the name of mohameed [saw] ,then and only then did ADAM[pbuh] got forgiven
Check out my blog:
proud2BAmuslim  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 5:21pm
As a muslim, I have no problem with the word kafir because I know what it means and because Allah sw uses it. Having said that, you wont hear me using 'kafir' unless I am talking to Arabs because kafir is an Arabic term and only Arabs truly know what it means. In English, I'll just use the word 'disbeliever' or non-Muslim and that is the translation you find used in commentaries etc. Out of all the people on earth, us Muslims should know what kafir means.
Damo, in the Quran, anyone who is not a Muslim is called a kafir, not just Christians, though Christians are also called The People of the Book.

Edited by proud2BAmuslim - 04 September 2008 at 5:22pm
Check out my blog:
katy098  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote katy098 Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by proud2BAmuslim

hello katy,

were you expecting me to say no? yes indeed, I have read the bible/gospel, and yes, part of being a Muslim is to believe in it, if a Muslim does not believe in the Torah, injeel and the Quran in addition to the scriptures that came before them, then they simply lack in their belief. having said that, we cannot rely on the current english version of the Torah and the Injeel for guidance, nor can we trust it is the words of God as revealed. That is a whole new topic altogether.

So allow me to turn the tables around and ask you what you asked me.

Oh and by the way, there are some unblievably similar verses in the Quran and the Bible, just something to ponder about.

The reason I asked what because Damo didn't give me the impression that he was judgmental while he was reading the Quran. He just gave his option on how he felt reading it. I was interested in understanding what you meant by that sentence and therefore I wanted to know what your opinion was when and while reading the Gospel.
(Off topic..)What did you think when you read some parts of it narration of the crucifixion, parts such as the beginning of the Gospel of John, when you read parables or other events in Jesus' life etc

About your question- No I haven't read the whole Quran, but I have read random parts of it, and in the past couple of months I have started reading it from the beginning, although it isn't high on my 'to do' list.

Edited by katy098 - 04 September 2008 at 6:11pm
"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38)
proud2BAmuslim  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2008 at 6:22pm
hello katy, can I get back to you? I gotta go now, but just quickly, I was saddened, I saw similarities but the differences saddened me because I believe that's where the alteration of the Bible comes in. Can I just say, I have not read the bible from cover to cover, I wouldn't know which version of the bible to start with. At uni, I have a friend who is a mormon, a friend who is a regular christian, a friend who is very conservative and claims to be following the true teachings of Jesus peace be upon him and another friend who is.. I forgot but she doesnt eat pigs, and here I have catholic friends.
Good to hear you are reading the Quran, I recommend you read the chapter called 'Maryam'.

Check out my blog:
alic786  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote alic786 Replybullet Posted: 05 September 2008 at 2:32am
SALAM to all peace be with us in the matter's of religion and god ,i did how ever made some comments about adam [peace be upon him]that was a bit to unbelieving to some ,not to say that is not true it's just this sort of topic is a bit far beyond the normal and may to much for us to  comprehend ,this is why i have to ask myself what was i thinking when i started this topic,the  thing is i did'nt hear from so and so about this im not the person to rely on hear say they say ,i did how ever had some pretty long chats with some ulimahs who in their respect is qualified in the field of islam who knows because they studied the quran the sunnah[the ahadieth]and as allah zawajal said about them 1 learnt person is better than 1000 worshiper ,so to say that my source is false is to be judge by you ,the story goes alot further than this even before the creation of the JINNS and even berfore the concept of earth and heaven and hell this is how far the story is so to say its make belief ,you have to go to scholars of islam to hear the full in detail,I STARTED THIS ALL BECAUSE ,i sat for some time reading all the debates and post about who is right and who is wrong , whos faith is right and whos faith is wrong ,and alot has been said from all sides of the book of god ,and yet debate after debate ,you argue about god and still you;are in the same spot as you first started ,everyones in battle mode and no one is winning ,each one of us has a faith to believe in ,wwhen a calamity befalls us we call out the one who we think that will help us not so ,should we say hey tom help me or thank you larry for the food we eat NO we thank god for these stuff ,yet we read the books over and over and over till it becomes a ritual in our 24 /7 daily lives so ot say our faith becomes unshakened no one can change it not even the devil in his altimate form can move yor faith ,and then comes the revolation that after all your struggles and hard work to build this faith some one wants to detroy it by saying that what you spent you whole life trying to build on is not true is a lie its false ,the doctrine that you heard from a little boy is a fake a rip off ,total lost cause ,YOU  are  going to be on the defence ,and no matter what people tell you they will have to bring heaven and earth for you to believe or god himself has to come and say this is the way to the kingdom of the lord thy god,but still the strength of your faith will tell you that this could be a trick from the devil to steal you faith away so to ,islam is for muslims it not only gives us faith it gives us the correct understanding of what is this life for what is death for what is creation for what is the destruction of tis creation for what happens next in the hearafter what happens in heaven what happens in hell what happens on the day of judgement what happens on the day we die what happens to the soul when death comes what happens to the wicked what happens to the good the punishment in the grave the blessing in the grave the list goes on and on till theirs no end and still you wont believe in ALLAH and the prophet mohameed the saddest day in the life of some one will be at death ,i am a very humble person i wish to see us all go to heaven,that mankind can work out it's problems and come back to the faith of almighty god under the banner of islam ,it frightens me to think about the hell fire and the torment some of us will endure in there TRUST ME no other book can give you the graphic details of the life in HELLas do the quran no other book can claim details after details about the current events that will happen such as global warming etc about the discription of jesus about the correct hight of adam about about the discription of the anti christ the details of where he'll come the details of where esa [jesus ] will desend to every thing pass or present and  future the quran has it ,and all you have to do is look inside the box for once and not look at the outside ,the quran is the way to god and it can be proven wrong even by the best of us so to say its fake i still challenge you to prove it  THIS MESSAGE WILL CHANGE YOU LIFE FOR GOOD AND WILL ONLY GUIDE YOU TO THE STRAIGHT PATH .YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO ACCEPT ALLAH AS YOUR GOD  BUT AS WE SAY THE CLOCK IS TICKING ,EVERY SECOND WITH OUT ALLAH IS A SECOND THAT YOU SPEND WITHOUT GOD ,,so peace to us all who is thristy for knowledge may allah guide us to the straight path ,,,AMEEEEN                      [ inshallah ]
proud2BAmuslim  

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote proud2BAmuslim Replybullet Posted: 05 September 2008 at 2:44am
katy, I said I'll get back to you but have nothing new to get back with, ummm, like I said earlier, I have lots of respect for the bible but just can't rely on it for guidance. I believe the originals were the words of God, so reading it was interesting. And while we are at it, I have read sections, parables etc from the bible but never the complete thing. I also have a JW friend who has her version of the bible and claims the rest to be wrong. Recommend me a bible and hopefully I can read it from cover to cover. One day I'd like to start a thread on inspirational verses from the Quran and the Bible-inshala.  
Check out my blog:
<< Prev Page  of 22 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version