Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Was Jesus Really a God Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2009 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by musomesa

Its a  world  today where  people   know  how   to read, will  you let some of  us   kow   the   book  and  the  verse   where  Jesus  reffers  to God  as father

Lk 23:46,10:22, 15:18, 22:29, 24:49,  

Jn 2:16, 5:17, 5:43, 6:32, 6:40, 6:66 17:24,

Mt 18:35, 10:32, 10:33 11:27, 12:50, 16:17, 18:10, 18:19, 20:23, 26:29, 26:53.....

There are more... i just got fed up.
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
ballack  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ballack Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2010 at 7:36am
MARK 8.
He questioned His disciples, saying to them, "Who do people say that I am?"
28 They told Him, saying, "John the Baptist; and others say Elijah; but others, one of the prophets."
29 And He continued by questioning them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ."
30 And He warned them to tell no one about Him.

My Muslim brothers and sisters you too say that Jesus is a Prophet so u belong to those set of people who call him prophet.. But Jesus was more than a Prophet... he was the expected Christ...
God will reveal himself to who will search him.. I hope many of you will come to the Truth in Jesus Christ.
Love, Glen
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:07pm
Muslims already believe Jesus, upon whom be peace, was the Messiah. However, there is a difference between Muslims and Christians as to what the term Messiah [ Al-Maseeh in Quranic terminology] means.

For more on this, see the article 'Jesus in Islam" at http://shamsuddinwaheed.blogspot.com/2008/01/jesus-in-islam.html

For an audio lecture, given at Friday prayers at a Muslim Mosque, on the same subject, please go to

http://www.esnips.com/doc/ed101f97-7716-422f-b469-a6d6fc4924b2/jesusinislam
guerrillasaint  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Christian(Baptist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guerrillasaint Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 1:33am
We can talk about what the Bible and Quran say (which is very important) but what is the true test is how what each book says changes the lives of those who read and live by it. In the Bible it says the Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins so that we may be able to have a relationship with God. That is what made Jesus our Messiah. I don't know the reason why Jesus is the Messiah according the Quran, but like I stated before what is important about what each book says is how these different accounts about Jesus changes our lives. When does the words on the page come to life and change our worlds. I can tell your that Jesus is my Messiah not just because of what the Bible says but because I have a relationship with God. I have experienced time and time again the Love of God not just the mercy but the Love of God. His love is not based on my actions but of the actions of Jesus Christ. I am fully loved and fully accepted. I have a one on one relationship with him and he has directly given me guidance.  It is freeing and beautiful that is why we what other to know about God and this gift he has given us it is free for the taking. You can do anything to earn it and you can't do anything to un-earn it.
truth_seeker777
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Christian(Methodist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote truth_seeker777 Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 7:15am
I agree that you will know the truth by the fruit the truth speakers produce.

I have been a Christian for 6 years. Before you could say I was a Muslim because I believed that Allah judged everyman based on his actions alone. In the time I was a Muslim I never once felt the love of God. I had a real feeling of his presence and I believe I felt his hand on my life but I never felt the holy spirit, not once!

When I accepted Jesus the first thing I did was cry and cry and cry. For the first time I could see Gods face and I was overcome with emotion. Christianity is complicated with the son, the father and the holy spirit. This 3 in one God was a stumbling block for me. Even today I can't fully understand God and that ok because Im just human and I will try my best.

One thing I know for sure is that I have never met a Muslim or Jew who has experienced the love of God like those who come to accept his BEGOTTEN son (not just son).

If there is a Muslim who can see Gods face apart from Christ then I want to speak to that man or woman because for 22 years I could never achieve that and I would love to know what else I was doing wrong.
The_truth  
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_truth Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 10:42am

A very clever trick of Missionary Christianity to try and mislead people by using deception. You clearly never were a Muslim and if you were only then would you feel closesness to God you never imagined possible!

Unlike Christianity which was created by Paul and Constantine, Islam does not have an intermediary so we do not have anyone inbetween us and God.

We do not need to confess to a Priest we confess to God! We do not need to go through anyone to get to God we go through to God directly! We do not need to worship an idol which is created but we worship the one who created EVERYTHING!

We do not need to worship a man we worship the one who created man! We do not worship three Gods we worship ONE!

We worship the one who has no need for a mother son or daughter. We worship the one who we cannot even imagine what he looks like not the one who is falsley worshipped as a God!

His message was distorted and changed and now he is worshipped more than the one who created him!

The love you think you feel is the love that is given to you by the one who is decieving you SATAN!

Surely he is the deciever and on the day of judgement you wil realsie that the deception of Satan has led you to eternal doom.

Edited by The_truth - 02 April 2010 at 7:55pm
[T]he sun and moon and stars are subservient to His command. Both creation and command belong to Him. Blessed be Allah,
the Lord of all the worlds.
(Qur’an, 7:54)
LtTony  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote LtTony Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 4:53pm
I don't know where to begin in response to your post, the truth.

Let's start here:

"Paul the deciever"

Terms of Service

2b. Forum members may not curse/mock the God or holy person of any religion or creed. Such posts will be deleted...  No insults to Prophets or respected religious figures (including Jesus and Muhammad pbut, Paul, etc.)
The_truth  
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_truth Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by LtTony

Let's start here:

"Paul the deciever"

Terms of Service

2b. Forum members may not curse/mock the God or holy person of any religion or creed. Such posts will be deleted...  No insults to Prophets or respected religious figures (including Jesus and Muhammad pbut, Paul, etc.)

Edited
[T]he sun and moon and stars are subservient to His command. Both creation and command belong to Him. Blessed be Allah,
the Lord of all the worlds.
(Qur’an, 7:54)
guerrillasaint  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Christian(Baptist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote guerrillasaint Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:52pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

I understand that this subject is very charged because we are talking about life and death;  abundant life and a life where you never quite know where you stand ( a life full of uncertainty of wither you have done enough); Religion or a relationship. I don't care that much for religion I go to a Baptist church but this last Friday I celebrated Good Friday with my Catholic friend at a catholic church. I pray directly to God and get an answer directly from God. Still there is power in confessing your sins to a person because then the devil can’t hold you captive by your unspoken sins. You also can get advice and guidance from someone more mature in Christ than you are and also keep you accountable for your actions. That is why God made us social beings because we need people to help us through this life. It says in Genesis that God said it was not good for man to be alone and made a help mate (Eve). Still It is not about how much you can do because you can never do enough. God knew we would fail. The chasm of sin is deep but God's love is deeper. What i am trying to say is we cannot make it to God with the way we are so God made it so that he could come to us. God is waiting for you to notice that he is right there beside you loving you through your hurts pain and mistakes. He doesn't hate you because you sin he hates the sin because of the harm it does to you. Think about a loved one of yours that does something to harm him or herself do you hate them or the thing they do that is destructive? So to end my part of the discussion so far, Jesus didn’t come to give us religion but freedom to live life the right way. To anyone who is reading this and does not know  the love of God I want to let you know that He is waiting to start a relationship with you that goes beyond religion, class, race, sex, and what you have done.

ballack  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Christian(Protestant)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ballack Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2010 at 4:01am
That was a great explanation guerrillasaint, really liked it.. God bless you..

I too believe that bible and love of God shown through Jesus makes u a new person.. It brings a change in ur life and it will make u serve and love one another.
Example: Mother Teresa who left her home country (Bulgaria) at the age of 16 and went to India to serve among the poor, and among the lepers... This could only be possible through the word of God..And not anything else...

This is opposite of what satan would want u to be.. so Bible is the word of God.. Muslims may say Bible was altered.. but watever it is it still proclaims the love of God and the gospel which cannot be changed..

Christians believe God is one...
Muslims concept of oneness of God is simple and based on Earthly knowledge and what they see around them, But the Christian concept of oneness of God is a complex one..

Chemical formula for water is H2O , 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 atom of oxygen combine to form a molecule of Water.
So 3 atoms combine to form water...

I wont say God is also in this form but what i want to show is "ONENESS of GOD" is not as simple as we think it is... And it requires lot of Child-like faith to be a Christian and a child of God...
Love, Glen
jethro
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jethro Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2010 at 8:18am
God soloved the world that he gave his only begotten son if we reject Gods love which is jesus then there is only judgement left and not peace the antichrist is coming and he is a lia like his father the devil bringing false peace jesus brings real peace when you hear my voice harden not your heart god bless you 
evangilio
masonic786  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote masonic786 Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:25am
If what they say about the son of man jesus ,then who was john asked about in John 1:21 and clearly in Deuteronomy 18:15,and John 1:25,if John 1:33 says that John himself didnt know him[meaning jesus] was the one whom god told him about ,so this is one statement of him not being divine cause he would truly have known that the one you called christ is amongst them,and in john 1:38 they called jesus Rabbi or teacher,clearly in John 1:45 it says that we have found the one moses wrote about in the laws,but here in Deuteronomy18:15 says that The lord thy God will raise up from amongst thy brethren like unto me to him you shall listen to him[take heed],and in ACTS 3:22 and 3:23 speaking of a prophet to come like unto moses and jesus was not like unto moses,Imagine the amount of text showing the human nature of jesus still you take for god other than god and look who a mere man as yourselves....
THERE IS WITHIN A BALANCE.
jimdi3  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jimdi3 Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2010 at 8:36am
Do you not know that even his closest did not really understand who Jesus was until after his crucifixion. Certainly Peter 'knew' from his personal revelation, Mat 16:16, and his, with James and John, experience at the transfiguration, Mark 9:2-7 showed a bit more ....... But it was not until the Resurrection did they really begin to believe and their understanding was completed with the coming of the Holy Spirit at Penecost, Act2:1-4, which enabled the start of Christianity, Act2:29-36

29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,
   " 'The Lord said to my Lord:
      "Sit at my right hand
 35until I make your enemies
      a footstool for your feet." '

36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Thus .....

It is incredibly easy to trawl through Scripture and cherry pick verses to suit ones argument. I often wonder why it is some people try to decry another's religion through this action.

Edited by jimdi3 - 26 May 2010 at 8:39am
hype the sensationalism by capitalizing on the propensity of a few. Grotham
Asiya  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Asiya Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2010 at 10:28am
Originally posted by LtTony

Let's start here:

"Paul the deciever"

Terms of Service

Excuse me, but isn't that term coined by Christian scholars who can find no connection at all to Jesus(pbuh) himself and who was one who stood against the Messiah?(pbuh) 

I do not think it is helpful to hide behind a rule book in order to conceal the truth.  Perhaps it would have been better to say...isn't it widely acknowledged that Paul has a lot of controversy surrounding his status/influence/connection with Jesus Christ(pbuh) & shaping of how the modern Christian practices the laws of God?

God created...therefore whatever you give up for Him, will inevitably be replaced by better & more lasting.
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version