Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Useful Links for New Muslims Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 31 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 June 2018 at 5:51am
REFLECTIONS :: with Usama Canon – Reconciliation

Ta'leef Collective presents a monthly video series titled "REFLECTIONS."

These videos are short vignettes featuring people from the Ta'leef community on topics that range from religion, culture, lifestyle, knowledge, arts, sciences, community, family, etc.

Born and raised in California, Usama Canon embraced Islam in 1996.

Since then, he has had the honor of studying various Islamic Sciences both at home and abroad under some of today’s foremost scholars.

Usama is the Founding Director of Ta’leef Collective and maintains an active role in various facets of outreach and education, concentrating on issues facing Muslim youth, assisting converts, and developing support systems for Muslims living in the West.

(6 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:18am
4 Stories of New Muslims Boosting Faith and Spirituality

Stephanie Siam remembers Allah’s knowledge & mercy when her faith needs recharging

“When I came home this summer, it was nearly the beginning of Ramadan. Due to traveling and health issues, I was unable to fast.

I felt disconnected from my faith already because my daughter and I are the only Muslims in my side of the family. But being unable to fast the entire month left me feeling guilty and out-of-touch with Allah.

Then I thought about how Allah doesn’t give us more than we can handle. He also grants us pardon from observing certain religious obligations when we are burdened. I was having to endure the stress of traveling and not being at my home for two months, as well as assisting in the care of my sick mother.

All of this was while I was sick with an infection that ultimately landed me in the hospital. I remembered my greatest fear before traveling was having to keep my fast while under all the stress I expected to face.

I decided Allah set a specific turn of events in my path because He knew I would be under a lot of stress and unable to focus on fasting. It was then that my faith improved, as I felt a reverence for Allah’s might and His superior knowledge.

God truly knows what we do not. And while we may question and worry about the future, He is the one planning our way through it. Alhamdulillah.”

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Gr8fulDeadlift  
Freshman
Freshman
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Gr8fulDeadlift Replybullet Posted: 02 July 2018 at 8:01pm
Assalamu alaykum. Jak for this beautiful post
yolie
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 July 2018 at 7:25am
New Muslim: Can I Cut Ties with Negative Family?

Reverts and families have their challenges.

For new Muslims, it is sometimes hard to break the news to their families that they have accepted Islam. 

It can be equally hard to be around their family who are not Muslims.

Making it Hard

What if a sister’s family is making it hard for her?

Should she cut ties with the family to avoid the hardship? What actions should she take?

Find the answers here:

http://aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/tips-and-steps/reverts-and-families/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 July 2018 at 5:19am
How Can New Muslims Seek Knowledge

Sister Leah discusses how new Muslims should seek knowledge.

What should be prioritized?

(31 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2018 at 3:22pm
Converts: Things to Know Before Going to Hajj

There are five pillars in the Islamic faith and performing Hajj is the fifth pillar. Muslims from all over the globe descend upon the city of Makkah from the 8th to the 12th of Dhu al-Hijjah which is the last month of the Islamic calendar.

It is obligatory for Muslims, who have the financial means and health, to perform Hajj once in a lifetime. It is a great blessing to be able to perform Hajj, whether you are a life-long Muslim or a new revert to the Islamic faith.

And it is a great misconception that new reverts to Islam are somehow ‘not ready’ for the journey or should delay it. No one knows what tomorrow will bring. It doesn’t matter if you were born a Muslim or just embraced the Islamic faith recently, do not delay Hajj if you are of sound mind, body and can afford it...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2018 at 6:01am
Hajj in Brief for New Muslims

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2018 at 11:05am
Hajj Stories (Bay Area): Introduction to the Hajj

(8 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 August 2018 at 5:36am
Q&A Should one change his name when coming into Islam?

A Viewer is asking: Should one change his name when coming to Islam?

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 August 2018 at 6:08am
Challenges of Being a New Muslim in America Today

The peace and beauty found within the Islamic faith is nothing short of miraculous. No one knows this better than a revert to Islam, or someone who has left the faith of their parents and returned back to the natural state of all humans which is Islam.

After reverting to Islam myself, over 22 years ago, I still remember how every inch of my skin came to life and felt electrified each time I heard the call to prayer or stood to pray.

You’ve entered a whole new world that is overflowing with the mercy and blessings of God Almighty.

However, despite the newness of your faith, reality will sink in sooner rather than later. Muslims are a minority in America and a marginalized group that is maligned in the media regularly. There are many challenges that both reverts and born Muslims face in America today...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 August 2018 at 8:33am
The Importance of Tazkiyah for Converts

Sister Leah discusses the importance of Tazkiyah (purification of your soul). ]

She deals with 4 topics for the purification of the soul and heart:

(14 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2018 at 4:50am
Returning to Work as a New Muslim

Once someone embraces Islam, however, he or she can face many obstacles in re-entering their previous life as a new Muslim. This is especially true in the workplace. It can be very daunting to anticipate your return to work, especially if you are a woman and your headscarf easily identifies your new faith.

However, nothing should come in the way of your new life as a Muslim. With diligence and trust in God Almighty, you can overcome some of the most common problems many Muslims face in the workplace...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 October 2018 at 6:02am
Tazkiyah for Converts

Sister Leah continues on the topic of the importance of Tazkiyah (purification of your soul) for converts:

(30 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2018 at 3:31am
Your First 3 Practical Steps as a New Muslim

Much has been written on what a new Muslim should do after converting. What the first steps after shahadah should be is a topic even I have expounded on many times—like the article I wrote entitled, The First Step A New Convert Should Take which is all about intentions, motivation, and matters of the heart.

But sometimes this kind of advice makes it seem as if material matters aren’t important. But you should know that they are.

Islam teaches us a balance, to be in this world and to take care of one’s worldly needs while also thinking of the life of the hereafter and taking care of one’s spiritual needs...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/first-3-practical-steps-new-muslim/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 31 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version