Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Useful Links for New Muslims Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2007 at 8:43am
Learn about Islam On-Line Videos:

This page has a number of videos on the basics of Islam covering many topics:

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 February 2007 at 2:36am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 March 2007 at 2:02am
The Religion of Islam web site:

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 March 2007 at 7:40am

Help for the Convert

http://www.help-for-the-convert.net

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2007 at 2:42am
Advice to New Muslims

(Article from Islamway)

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Asalam Alaykum (Peace be with you),

Congratulations! Alhamdulillah (Praise to Allah) who has guided you to Islam, the path to success in this life and the next.

So now you are a new Muslim with lots on your mind. Amidst the joy and excitement of embracing Islam you may also be feeling bewildered or confused regarding what to do next.

You may have concerns about how your family or friends will react. No doubt there is lots to learn and obstacles to overcome, but with a sincere effort and a strong faith in Allah, everything will fall into place.

Below you will find the most important advice we can offer you as a new Muslim. Donít rush yourself, go at your own pace, and most of all remember we are here to help and support you every step of the way.

Importance of Prayer

[ďThe importance of the prayer in Islam cannot be understated. It is the first pillar of Islam that the Prophet (peace be upon him) mentioned after mentioning the testimony of faith, by which one becomes a Muslim. ...

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the most important aspect is oneís relationship to Allah, that is, oneís faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. ...

Seek Knowledge

Acquiring Islamic knowledge is vital to every Muslim. Clearly knowledge must precede action, since it is the bases by which one knows his/her obligations to Allah.

"And say: My Lord increase me in knowledge." [Ta-Ha 20:114]

Also the prophet, peace be upon him, informed us of the reward for one who seeks knowledge.

Abu Hurayrah relates that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "For him who embarks on the path of seeking knowledge, Allah will ease for him the way to paradise." (Related by Muslim) ...

Importance of the Mosque (Masjid)

The mosque plays a central role in Muslim society. Apart from being a place of prayers (the 5 daily prayers as well as the Friday prayer) the Mosque is a learning center. Itís a place where study circles and lectures are held for Muslims to learn more about Islam. Also a place were Muslims meet to study and recite the Quran, collect charity for the poor, and discuss issues concerning the community. Itís an ideal place for a new convert to meet Muslims and learn in a short time what would normally take weeks or months to learn alone. Naturally many new converts are shy or afraid to make their first visit to the mosque, but if they knew the joy which Muslims share when they meet a convert, such hesitation would disappear....
Staying In touch

"Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." [2:277]

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 01 July 2007 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

"Islam in Focus" is an interesting general book on Islam, written by Hammudah Abdalati more than 30 years ago.

This is an extract from the author's preface:

The future of Islam is the future of humanity, and if humanity has any future - which I believe it has - there is a great and bright future in store for Islam. The spiritual battle which the Muslims are fighting today is not a losing battle, although the progress appears to be slow. If the Muslims, for any reason, lose their spiritual battle, humanity will suffer irreparable losses.

The significance of this preface, then, is to draw a realistic picture of the situation which is confronting the Muslims of the New World. It is to warn parents and children alike of the dangers that are approaching and of the losses that must be prevented. Moreover, it is to remind all those who are genuinely interested in the spiritual well-being of humanity that they have to be alert and take a fresh attitude toward humanity and its problems.

UNQUOTE

The five chapters of the book are titled:

1- The Ideological Foundation of Islam

2- The Basic Concept of Islam

3- The Application of Faith

4- Application of Islam to Daily Life

5- Distortions about Islam

this is the book that we used in our class at the local masjid for the basics of islam and it is a really good book! very resourceful!
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.Ē¬lí Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
Ameera  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ameera Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2007 at 8:01pm
Salaams... heres alot of audio :)

http://www.zaytuna.org/multimedia.asp

I dont know how to make it blue so you can click it from my page...

Edited by Muslimah83 - 15 July 2007 at 8:02pm
When He decrees a thing, He only says to it: "Be!"--and it is. (Surah Maryam)
jana.z  
Mureed
Mureed
Bismillah
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jana.z Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:45pm
thanks ameera youre always so helpful!!!
And hold fast, all together to the rope of Allah and do not separate.Ē¬lí Imran:103)

http://myimmatureviewpoint.blogspot.com/
http://solomuslimah.blogspot.com/
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2007 at 1:51am
Some interesting talks from a number of scholars from IOL are on this page:

Some are Friday talks and others and normal talks, including extracts from Dr. Jamal Badawi's talks in the series (Islamic Teachings)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 September 2007 at 4:18pm
This web site (Mutmainaa), which means at peace, is a personal site on geocities by a Muslim sister who over the years has been able to gather together an excellent collection of articles and resources on Islam

This is the table of contents:

May Allah reward her for her excellent effort

Ameen

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:36am
Found this site today which may be of interest for new Muslims in Australia:

Australian New Muslims Association

If you live in Australia and have further questions regarding Islam or wish to have a one on one private meeting, please visit www.anma.com.au.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Jaba  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Jaba Replybullet Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:34pm
Salam
Turntoislam is a great site for videos but the forum is not the best place for a new Muslim...just becareful, some sites are all about propoganda
rahma  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote rahma Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2008 at 10:13am
http://iprofess.com/ is an awesome site chock full of resources for the new muslim in english and spanish.   I've been going there for years, and will always refer it to those new to or interested in Islam.  Some of my favorite artices:

http://www.iprofess.com/important.htm - the most important advice we can give you - focus on salat!
http://www.iprofess.com/imperfect.htm - islam is perfect, muslims aren't.  For all those who have been disapointed when they find that muslims do not always measure up to the ideals of this beautiful religion

Ted CharlotteNC  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ted CharlotteNC Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Al-Cordoby

Easy Guide for New Muslims

I found this to be specifically good for the terms. For me, a primer on terms is especially helpful because without definitions is like reading a book without knowing the words.

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. - Thomas Jefferson
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version