Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Useful Links for New Muslims Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 29
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 January 2019 at 2:15am
2018 Convert Conference - Sheikh Yahya Rhodus

(39 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2019 at 2:27am
How Can I Help My Non-Muslim Husband Accept Islam?

She is a convert to Islam. She wants to encourage her husband to accept Islam but when he went to the mosque it wasn't welcoming. How can she help him accept Islam?

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 January 2019 at 2:22am
New Muslim World Conference, 23 December 2018, Manchester

Part 5 - Interview with sister Batool El-Toma, Ireland, Head of the UK New Muslim Project

(88 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2019 at 2:38am
4 Ways For Combating Loneliness as a New Muslim

The good news is that you can combat loneliness on your own and enrich your life without waiting for anyone else to do it for you!

Rediscover Yourself

Your life most likely did a complete 360-degree tilt upon embracing the Islamic faith. Old friendships may have ended while new ones never had a chance to take root.

This moment in your life is ideal for rediscovering yourself. Get in touch with what makes you tick, where you see your life going and what things interest you.

Instead of wasting time thinking about what ‘could’ or ‘should’ have been, make your life happen! Concentrate on the gifts and talents that Allah Almighty has blessed you with while strengthening your shortcomings. That could mean going back to school to learn a new skill or switching up your career to something more meaningful.

Make Positive Use of Your Time

When the feelings of loneliness seep in, it’s essential that you keep things in perspective and count all the other things that are going well in your life, such as your health or career. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/4-ways-for-combating-loneliness-as-a-new-muslim/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2019 at 12:30pm
Welcome to Islam – A Letter to New Converts

Assalamu alaikum (peace be upon you),

Welcome to the fold of Islam.

As you begin this new journey in life, you will undoubtedly run into questions and struggles. You are on a spiritual high right now, but as with all things in life … what goes up, must come down. Every single Muslim in this world has ups and downs and reverts are no different. So when that dip comes, please take comfort in knowing you are not alone and this is not unusual. This is part of your test.

Do the people think that they will be left to say, “We believe” and they will not be tried.” (Al-`Ankabut 29:2)

You might want to aim for perfection, most of us do in the beginning, but the truth is that will burn you out. Aim for being the best Muslim you can handle being for the sake of Allah.

Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way…” (Authenticated by Al-Bukhari)

Many sisters and brothers advised me take it one step at a time, don’t rush and don’t overburden yourself. At the time I did not understand how wise that advice is, but hindsight is 20/20 and I can tell you from personal experience they are right. You do not need to wake up the day after shahada and instantly memorize the entire Qur’an while only wearing black and obsessing over whether or not you can eat chicken nuggets from Wendy’s...

http://aboutislam.net/family-life/your-society/welcome-to-islam-new-convert-have-no-worries-were-here-for-you/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2019 at 6:24am
5 Embarrassing Experiences a Convert May Face

Telling my family that I had converted to Islam was received as warmly as if I had told them I was a crack dealer. My mother was horrified. My dad didn’t mind so much, he had really good holiday in Turkey in the 90’s, so Muslims couldn’t be that bad, could they?

My granny? Well, she was one of those old generation Irish Protestant ladies and anything that wasn’t Christianity was foreign.

Foreign.

That’s exactly the word to describe how my conversion felt to them...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/5-embarrassing-experiences-convert-may-face/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2019 at 4:08am
Baby Steps in Your Journey to Islam

When you hear a new Muslim explain what brought him or her to Islam, the words “journey” or “voyage” are often repeated as the story unfolds.

The reason is because it actually feels like you’ve taken a trip somewhere and arrived at your final destination.

For myself, my journey to Islam began when I was a 19-year-old college student sitting in my dorm room contemplating the world I had just been thrust into. I had never been exposed to such vices as I witnessed that first week, such as alcoholism. Yet, here I was in a new world filled with young boys and girls engaging in such activities.

By that first Sunday away from home, I began a determined search to find God. Since my family was never particularly religious, I felt a calling to seek out God as perhaps a means of salvation from the sins being openly committed around me...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 24 February 2019 at 5:36am
The World’s Best Teacher & New Converts: Islam Goes Public

For the first three years, the Prophet (peace be upon him) only invited those whom he thought were likely to accept Islam. He spent his time with these few early Muslims teaching them about Islam and the Qur’anic verses and chapters revealed to him through the Angel Gabriel.

New converts today can learn an important lesson from this wise prophetic example: if you want to tell your family and friends about your conversion to Islam but suspect you may meet strong resistance from them, don’t publicly announce it to them all at once.

Instead, start by choosing those family and friends you think may be more likely to respect your decision...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/the-worlds-best-teacher-new-converts-islam-goes-public/

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 05 March 2019 at 2:59am
Finding a Mosque You Can Call Home

The thing about a university mosque is that there is such a vibrant mix of Muslims; different nationalities, ethnicity, cultures, sects. Everyone gravitates together with the sole intention of belonging to the community with the need to worship and learn together while they are far from home. As such, there is a strong feeling of tolerance and acceptance of others.

The community is also in state of constant flux. Students come and go, graduate and move away. There is no room for ego or politics, just community...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/finding-a-mosque-you-can-call-home

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2019 at 4:51am
What Does it Mean to Be a Convert?

Coming to Islam is something really special. It is a big step. A new phase of life is starting. It means a lot of change and challenges. But converting to Islam also means to find peace, tranquility, love. It means to finally arrive, to have found what you were looking for since a long time. However, converting to Islam is not the end of this process. Coming to Islam is not the final goal of your search.

A Life Long Journey

The process of conversion is only the beginning. It is the starting point of a life long journey. A journey to our wonderful Creator. A journey trying to follow in the footsteps of our beloved Prophet (may Allah shower peace and blessings upon him). It is a journey on the path of lovers of Allah. And we become one of these lovers...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2019 at 4:27am
Hardships Faced by New Converts: Makkah Rejects Prophet Muhammad

After this event, the Prophet (peace be upon him) started preaching everywhere – in public venues and in front of the Ka’bah. When visitors came to Makkah, the Prophet (peace be upon him) would be waiting for them. He spoke to people in the marketplace and on every feasible occasion.

However, most of the people of Makkah opposed him. They were outraged at the idea that their time-honored ideological Makkan life could be turned upside down. They could not bear to hear someone suggest that polytheists and idolaters were straying people.

The first thing they did to try and stop Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) from preaching was to appeal to the highest authority who was protecting him, his uncle Abu Talib...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2019 at 3:08pm
Prophet Muhammad Attacked in Makkah - Seerah for New Converts - Part 5

As a new convert to Islam, what should you do if you find yourself in a hostile environment being targeted and attacked with abuse for being visibly Muslim (for example, wearing hijab or having a beard)?

In this situation, the sense of injustice you feel is likely to be very strong. This is a perfectly natural feeling.

But patience is the key to dealing with abuse and coping with injustice.

Whatever you do, don’t allow yourself to give in to feelings of regret and self-pity. As we mentioned in Part 4, the early converts to Islam went through extreme hardships, but with a strong faith they were able to overcome intimidation and injustice...

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2019 at 5:01am
New Muslims – 3 Easy Tips to Fall in Love with Prayer

Falling in love isn’t difficult, especially when the seat of human emotion is the heart. Whether you’re falling in love with your spouse as a newlywed or even a new city, it is that sense of peace and emotional well-being found in the things that we love most that provides a lasting bond.

The greatest thing, however, that a new Muslim can fall in love with is the Islamic prayer. As Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran:

Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds and establish prayer and give zakah will have their reward with their Lord, and there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve. (Quran 2:277)

The Islamic prayer is a prescription for success in this life and the next. It gives you the unique and special opportunity to seek an audience with your Lord five times a day. For new Muslims, falling in love with the prayer will help you build a solid foundation of faith. It will grow and prosper like spring flowers blossoming after winter’s escape...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/new-muslims-3-easy-tips-to-fall-in-love-with-prayer/

<< Prev Page  of 29
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version