Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Useful Links for New Muslims Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2018 at 5:39am
Spiritual Awakening – A Guide for New Muslims

In these trying times, it is indeed a great blessing for an individual to be bestowed with the gift of Islam, and all that comes with it.

Entering the fold of Islam and reciting the ‘Shahadah’ (declaration of the oneness of Allah), not only cleanses the heart but your body and soul as well; it is a spiritual awakening like no other.

One must always be grateful to Allah for bestowing him/her with the truth and light of Islam, irrespective of whether you’re a new Muslim or an old one.

Over time, a new Muslim comes to understand the beauty and perfection of the religion of Allah and continues to increase in faith, which in turn brings him/her closer and closer to the ultimate aim of our religion: nearness to Allah...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/spiritual-awakening-a-guide-for-new-muslims/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2018 at 2:35am
Why Do Converts Cry while Taking Shahadah?

If you type converts crying into the Google search bar, you will find no shortage of videos, images, and articles about people converting to Islam and being overcome by strong emotions.

These overwhelming reactions often result in tears and feelings of liberation, as if the soul has been unburdened and set free.

Those who have not experienced this emotional release have trouble understanding the deep response felt by those who repeat the Shahadah (testimony of faith) and find themselves part of the world wide Muslim community.

Many converts to Islam have described their experience. “And I was so overwhelmed with love for Him (God) and appreciation at all the beauty He has created that I burst into tears.”

“It is a very emotional moment to come to this realization and finally calling yourself a Muslim and submitting yourself to God…”...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/why-do-converts-cry-while-taking-shahadah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 November 2018 at 3:42am
How Can Converts Connect With Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?

You have just converted to Islam, so how can you connect with out beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW)?

Sister Leah discusses...

(33 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 November 2018 at 4:21am
Build a Foundation of Faith: Top 5 Books for New Muslims

The beauty of Islam penetrated your heart and, through Allah Almighty’s infinite wisdom, He chose you to be counted amongst the Muslims. As a new Muslim, you’re like a blank canvas just waiting to be ‘painted’ in the beautiful colors of faith, obedience and righteousness.

This time in your life is both precious and precarious. Tread carefully, as you begin to learn more about your faith and seek knowledge.

It’s easy to find credible sources of Islamic knowledge. However, it’s even easier to find unreliable sources of information that appear Islamic but are really steeped in disbelief and shirk, or ascribing partners to Allah.

Fortify your faith with the top five books to quench your thirst for knowledge and help construct a solid foundation of learning that you can build upon over the course of a lifetime...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2018 at 3:55am
First Umrah: Nura and Maggie Meet in Madinah and Makkah

Finally, the awaited day has arrived. The first Umrah for both Nura and Maggie. Maggie has recently reverted to Islam, but it is not clear for her what the Sunnah really means and how she should follow it. Nura is a teenage Muslim girl. She was born as a Muslim, but there is still much for her to learn.

Nura has always heard the word Sunnah at her home from her Muslim parents and brothers and thinks that the Sunnah is to have a long beard, among other fiqhi details. An opportunity to connect with Prophet Muhammad through visiting Madinah and Makkah is exactly what they both need.

Getting Prepared for the Umrah and Meeting at the Airport

They had made sure to pack all the necessary stuff for Umrah. “It will be quite hot,” cautioned Maggie’s Muslim friend Amina. “Make sure you have sunscreen, and a summer hat.”

Nura’s Mum had packed her suitcase for her as she had been to Umrah previously and knew what was the most necessary stuff to take along.

“Is everyone here?” Asked the group leader.

“Let’s embark on this remarkable journey insha’Allah. Everyone was so excited as this most of the first Umrah for most of them. They all got on the plane after farewells to their loved ones.

It was going to be a long journey, but a very rewarding one they had heard from those who had the opportunity to have already made that visit. They had read a lot of material and watched documentaries on Umrah to get prepared...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/first-umrah-nura-and-maggie-meet-in-madinah-and-makkah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2018 at 2:21am
Hey… It’s OK: Welcome New Converts

Let me first congratulate you on making one of the most monumental decisions of your life!

Saying the shahadah has surely thrust you into a world where things are very unfamiliar.

On top of that, Islam is not a Sunday religion. It’s not a matter of going to the mosque once a week and your ticket to heaven is safe.

Oh, no! Islam is a way of life and it has guidance for every small matter of daily living.

Don’t be overwhelmed though.

Let us guide you through the most common scenarios and let you know that “Hey, it’s ok…”

It’s OK…

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/hey-its-ok-welcome-new-converts/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2018 at 5:08am
Her First Year as a Convert to Islam

Sister Chloe from Australia recorded this video after being a Muslim for a year:

(14 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2018 at 4:48am

A Convert's Experience with Low Faith

Sister Chloe from Australia explains her experience gong through a period of low level of faith  

(12 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 December 2018 at 3:49am
Converts Guide: Alhamdulliah, Mashallah & More

Sister Chloe from Australia explains a few words and what they mean 

(9 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2018 at 5:26am
A Convert’s Christmas Compromise

Being truthful, this is what Christmas is all about for most families. It’s the one day of the year when everyone is off work and available to be together.

My only problem with dinner was that it wasn’t halal.

The solution? Halal turkeys are a thing! A very popular thing as it happens. Imagine my surprise when I had to join a very long queue at the halal food shop for a turkey.

Knowing that I am Muslim, my family omit any pork from their Christmas Day menu; so no pigs in blankets, a vegetarian stuffing and no roast ham. My family really don’t mind, we all enjoy a hearty meal and appreciate each others’ company. They don’t put any alcohol on the table either, opting for sparkling fruit juice.

If your family are aware of your requirements, they will likely oblige, if it means, the pleasure of your company...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/converts-christmas-compromise/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 28
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version