Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: The Love of God Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2017 at 3:04am
How to Attain the Love of Allah - 2?

Keep away from injustice.

Wrong doing spoils the faith and darkens the heart.

God loves to see people behaving with each other in a just and fair way.

One of His Beautiful Names is (Al-Adl) the All-Just

And justice is an important path to attain God's love, so never be unjust.

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2017 at 3:21pm
Glorifying Allah Manifests Your Love to Him

Believing in Allah is one thing and glorifying Him is another.

Glorifying Allah makes you obey Him, draw closer to Him, fear Him and love Him...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/glorifying-allah-manifests-your-love-to-him/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2017 at 5:06am
How to Attain the Love of Allah - 3?

Forgive and Overlook

God loves to forgive, and He loves those who forgive.

So forgiving others and overlooking their harm is one important way forward on the path of Allah's love.

As mentioned in the Qur'an, He advises us to take that path when He says:

"
... and let them pardon and overlook.

Would you not like that Allah should forgive you?

And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
" (24:22)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2017 at 4:59am
How to Attain the Love of Allah - 4?

Be Humble and Down to Earth

God loves believers who are humble.

He does not like the arrogant.

Humility is a must for a person to live in peace and harmony with other people.

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was the most humble of people, and was never arrogant.

Following his example and good manners is a guaranteed way to obtain God's Love, In-Shaa-Allah.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2017 at 3:57am
Why Canít We Always Be Close to Allah?

How much do we really love Allah?

If we do love Him, why donít we feel this love in our hearts all the time? Why do we keep losing this incredible feeling?

Itís because the world is full of distractions Ė and it is full of distraction for this very reason...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/remembering-allah/cant-always-close-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 November 2017 at 2:21am
Divine Love

When Imam Sajjad (a.s.) used to gaze up at the night sky he would address his lord saying

ďOh my lord, the stars of your sky have set and the eyes of your creation have closed to rest. Kings have locked their gates but your gate is always open to those who ask. ď

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpTpeOSAzCA

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 November 2017 at 11:19pm
Tell Me About Love | Emotional | Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

"You don't love the beloved without loving what the beloved loves" & "You love the one who loves the beloved".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_eQXGlXNA

(7 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2017 at 12:41am
Q&A: Does God Love Us All Unconditionally?

Short Answer: 

God loves humans but hates their sins. 

This means that although bad deeds merit Godís disapproval and subsequent punishment, they also invoke His infinite mercy on a weak creature whom He has lovingly created, to whom He has given life, and whom He has nurtured with gifts and bounty...

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/gods-love-unconditional/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2017 at 5:15am
How Can We Not Love God?

To love God we need to get to know Him, and this is like any other relation can only be done through communication, by prayer and supplication.

When we call someone on the phone, we generally ask to speak to them by name. Itís the same with prayer.

During this life, we praise Him and thank Him for the blessings in our life. We have much to be grateful for in our lives: family, friends, homes, our gifts and talents.

Showing gratitude and respect to God helps us be humble and willing to submit to His Will for us rather than focusing on our own wants...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/how-can-we-not-love-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2017 at 5:10am
Forgiveness and Overlooking

Allah loves to forgive and loves those who forgive.

Every believer who wants to receive the love of Allah and be among those whom Allah loves should forgive and overlook.

How can people expect Allah's forgiveness while they don't forgive others?

This world would definitely be a better place if we could all get along with each other.

(Source: Book titled How to Attain the Love of Allah, by Dr. Abdul Karim Awad)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 February 2018 at 1:54am
Love People to Get Allahís Love

Mu`adh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

ďAllah says,

ĎMy love is promised to those who love each other for My sake.

My love is promised to those who go out to visit each other for My sake.

My love is promised to those who give each other for My sake.

And My love is promised to those who stay connected with each other for Meí.Ē (Ahmad)

Allah lets us know again and again that His love is tied to acts of compassion toward others...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/love-people-to-get-allahs-love/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:00am
4 Ways to Increase Your Love For Allah

The strength of this relationship is based on two factors: love and fear.

It is the love one has for the Creator that makes one want to obey the obligations such as praying or fasting. It is the love for the Creator that will make one want to be close to everything this Creator is associated with or each act which will bring him closer to the content of God.

At the same time, it is the fear of the discontent of the Creator that will keep one far away from what is forbidden or whatever act that would cause His disapproval.

In order to have the best possible relationship with God, one must have both love and fear and both emotions should be in a just balance with the other.

Some say that in times of prosperity and welfare, oneís fear should be stronger than oneís love as to prevent falling into pride and haughtiness. Also, in times of adversity and distress, oneís love should be stronger than oneís fear as to prevent falling into pessimism and hopelessness.

For those who are looking for advice to strengthen their love for the Creator, they will find two common answers on their path: read from the Quran and perform voluntary prayers. And even though this advice is correct, it can fall short or be too limited to really get the anticipated results.

Why? ...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/4-ways-to-increase-your-love-for-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2018 at 5:57am
Why Do I Love Allah?

True knowledge of Him is the key to the security and bliss of my inner being. It is beyond my control not to love Him Who is Almighty, All-Powerful and also All-Just, All-Merciful, and Oft-Forgiving.

I love Him because if I draw near to Him a hand span, He draws near to me an armís length, and if I draw near to Him an armís length, He draws near to me a fathomís length. By contrast, I ought to consider my steps carefully before drawing close to humankind.

If I love a human being overly, he or she may humiliate me and even grow more averse to me, rather than reciprocate my sincere love.

I do love Allah because He is the Eternal, the Everlasting. No matter how deeply my heart becomes attached to Him, there is no fear whatsoever that one day I will be distressed by His death, Glorified be He...

http://aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/why-do-i-love-allah/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2018 at 6:26am
"The drama of the world is not the clash between Muslim and Pagan, or Tradition and Revolt, but between Love of God and Love of Self."

-Sh.Abdal-Hakim Murad's Contentions
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version