Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: The Love of God Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2010 at 1:26am

Love of Allah

How then, can our hearts not love Him, the One who - and no other than Him - grants rewards, answers prayers, pardons mistakes, forgives sins, veils wrong actions, dispels grief and drives away sorrow?

He alone, is worthy of remembrance, worship and praise. He is the most generous to be asked, the most liberal to give, the most merciful to pardon, the mightiest to assist and the most dependable to rely on.

He is more merciful to His servant, than a mother is to her baby. He is more pleased by the repentance of the penitent sinner than a man who is overjoyed to find his riding beast, with all his provisions still on its back after he had lost it in a barren land and had given up all hope of survival.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/love.htm

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2010 at 1:22am
Specific acts that nourish ALLAH’S love 
  1. Have Taqwa
  2. Constantly repent to ALLAH
  3. Engage in self purification
  4. Do good
  5. Place Trust in ALLAH
  6. Be steadfast
  7. Act with justice

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/tazkiyah/taqwa.html#Love_of_ALLAH_in_context_of_Islam

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2010 at 12:47am

A believer who loves God accepts His Pre-Ordainment

You will never completely feel at ease until you firmly believe that Allah has already pre-ordained all matters

The pen has dried and with it has been written everything that will happen to you. Therefore do not feel remorse over that which is not in your hands. Do not think that you could have prevented the fence from falling, the water from flowing, the wind from blowing, or the glass from breaking. You could not have prevented these things, whether you wanted to or not. ALL that has been preordained shall come to pass.

*Then whosoever wills let him believe, and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve.* (Qur'an 18: 29)

Surrender yourself: believe in preordainment, before pangs of anger and regret overwhelm you. If you have done all that was in your power, and afterwards what you had been striving against still takes place, have firm faith that it was meant to be. Do not say, "Had I done such-and-such, such-and-such would have happened"; rather say, "This is the decree of Allah, and what He wishes, He does."

A believer who loves God accepts His Pre-Ordainment

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2010 at 1:02am
O' Allah

When there is a viloent storm and the seas are turbulent, the occupants of the boat call out, "O' Allah!"

When disaster and calamity occur, the afflicted call out, "O' Allah!"

When doors are shut before those who seek to enter through them and barriers are placed before those who are in need - they all cry out, "O' Allah!"

When the earth, vast and wide though it is, is straitened for you, causing your soul to feel constricted, call out, "O' Allah!"

To Allah ascend all good words, the sincere supplication, the tears of the innocent, and the invocations of the afflicted. Hands and eyes are extended to Him in times of hardship and misfortune. The tongue chants, cries out, and mentions His name. The heart finds peace, the soul finds rest, the nerves are relaxed, and the intellect is awakened - these are all achieved when we remember Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'alaa - "How Perfect He is, the Exalted."

*Allah is very Gracious and Kind to His slaves.* (Qur'an 42: 19)

Allah: the most beautiful of names, the truest combination of letters, and the most precious of words.

*Do you know of any that is similar to Him?* [There is nothing like unto Him and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer] (Qur'an 19: 65)

Allah: He is thought of when absolute richness, strength, glory and wisdom come to mind.

*Whose is the kingdom this Day?* [Allah Himself will reply to His question]: *It is Allah's - the One, the Irresistible.* (Qur'an 40: 16)

Allah: He is thought of when kindness, care, relief, affection and mercy come to mind.

*And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allah* (Qur'an 16: 53)

O' Allah, Possessor of Majesty, Magnificence, and Might, let comfort take the place of sorrow, make happiness come after sadness, and let safety take the place of fear.

O' our Lord: Give peaceful slumber to the restless and serenity to disturbed souls.

(Source: Book titled "Don't be Sad")

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2010 at 1:25am

Worship & The Love of Allah

The truth is that worship  is an expression of love for Allah, and it also expresses complete humility to Allah.

For worship does not only mean prayer but prayer is merely a sign of worship but worship is indeed love for Allah.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2010 at 3:55pm

All Muslims are agreed that the love of Allah is a duty. Allah says concerning the believers, "He loves them and they love Him," and the Prophet said, the right "Till a man loves Allah and His Prophet more than anything else he has not faith." When the angel of death came to take the soul of Abraham the latter said, "Have you ever seen a friend take his friend's life?" Allah answered him, "Have you ever seen a friend unwilling to see his friend?" Then Abraham said, "O Azrael! take my soul!"

The following prayer was taught by the Prophet to his companions, "O Allah, grant me to love Thee and to love those who love Thee, and whatsoever brings me nearer to Thy love, and make Thy love more precious to me than cold water to the thirsty." Hassan Basri used to say, "He who knows Allah loves Him, and he who knows the world hates it."

We come now to treat of love in its essential nature. Love may be defined as an inclination to that which is pleasant. This is apparent in the case of the five senses, each of which may be said to love that which gives it delight; thus the eye loves beautiful forms, the ear music, etc. This is a kind of love we share with the animals. But there is a sixth sense, or faculty of perception, implanted in the heart, which animals do not possess, through which we become aware of spiritual beauty and excellence. Thus, a man who only acquainted with sensuous delights cannot understand what the Prophet meant when he said he loved prayer more than perfumes or women, though the last two were also pleasant to him. But he whose inner eye is opened to behold the beauty and perfection of Allah will despise all outward sights in comparison, however fair they may be.

The former kind of man will say that beauty resides in red-and-white complexions, well proportioned limbs, and so forth, but he will be blind to moral beauty, such as men refer to when they speak of such and such a man as possessing a "beautiful" character. But those possessed of inner perception find it quite possible to love the departed great, such as the Caliphs Omar and Abu Bakr, on account of their noble qualities, though their bodies have long been mingled with the dust. Such love is directed not towards any outward form, but towards the inner character. Even when we wish to excite love in a child towards anyone, we do not describe their outward beauty or form, etc., but their inner excellences.

When we apply this principle to the love of Allah we shall find that He alone is worthy of our love, and that, if anyone loves Him not, it is because he does not know Him. Whatever we love in anyone we love because it is a reflection of Him. It is for this reason that we love Muhammad, because he is the Prophet and the Beloved of Allah, and the love of learned and pious men is really the love of Allah.

The Alchemy of Happiness-Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2010 at 6:18pm

Ridha or Joyous Submission to His Will -Imam Ghazali (ra)

Ridhaa is the quintessence of love and is one of the highest stages of the favoured few. But some doubt its existence, saying, How can man be joyous for what is against his own will. He may submit to God’s will, but it does not follow that he also shares the feeling of joy. We shall discuss the nature of Ridha and prove its existence.

Let us first turn to the Quran and the Hadis. “Allah has promised to the believing man and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode and best of all is Allah’s goodly pleasure-that is the grand achievement”. In this passage God’s pleasure (Rizwan) is described as best of all blessings. In another passage this blessing is also bestowed on those who joyfully submit to his will. “Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with him; that is for him who fears his Lord.”Who fear the beneficent God in secret and come with a penitent heart, enter it in peace that is the day of abiding. They have therein what they wish and with us is more yet.”

Some commentators say that three gifts will be given in paradise: (i) a rare gift of which “no soul knows (in this world) what is hidden for them of that which will refresh the eyes”.(ii) The salutation as mentioned in the Quran: “Peace (Salam) a word from the merciful Lord”.(iii) His goodly grace and pleasure as mentioned in “wa Rizwanumminallahi akbar” (and best of all is Allah’s goodly pleasure).
The Prophet once asked some of his companions to point out the signs of the faith which they professed. “O apostle of God,” said the companions, “we are patient in tribulations, grateful in felicity and pleased with what is ordained”. “Ye are Muslims” said the Prophet. Again the Prophet said: “Ye who are poor be pleased with what God has put you in and then you shall have your reward”.

Those who deny the existence of Ridha saying that man can be patient in sufferings but joyous submission to His will is not possible, really deny the existence of love and its all-absorbing nature. A lover always loves his beloved’s actions.

Some people went to see Shibli at Maristan, where he was imprisoned. “Who are you?” asked the saint. “Friends”, they all replied with one voice. Hearing this Shibli fetched some stones and began to throw them at them, and they all fled calling him a madman. “What’s this”, exclaimed Shibli, “You call yourselves my friends but if you are sincere, bear patiently what ye receive from me."A true friend wants only good fortune and to run from good fortune is stupidity.

Ridha joyous submission to God’s will is possible and is one of the highest stages to which the souls of true devotees could aspire.

People believe in eccentricities of Cupid’s votaries but give no ear to the ecstasies of the true lovers of God. Perhaps they have no eyes to look at the manifestation of His beauty; no ears to listen to the music of His love, no heart to gaze at and enjoy His sweet presence. Perhaps they are proud of their learning and think too much of their good deeds but they have no idea of humble and broken hearts.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2010 at 3:25am

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"Nothing endears My servant to Me than doing of what I have made obligatory upon him to do.

And My servant continues to draw nearer to Me with supererogatory deeds so that I shall love him.

When I love him, I shall be his hearing with which he shall hear, his sight with which he shall see, his hands with which he shall hold, and his feet with which he shall walk.

And if he asks (something) of Me, I shall surely give it to him, and if he takes refuge in Me, I shall certainly grant him it.'"

(Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2010 at 1:36am
Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

"The servants God loves most are those most sincere with God’s servants.”

(Hadith in Musnad Ahmad)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:37am

Love of Allah

It is a stage that all of those who are striving and competing are competing for it and it is a kind of life that if you are missing it you are one of the dead.

It is a light that if you are without it you are in and ocean of darkness. It is a medicine or cure that if you are without it, your heart becomes a place of sicknesses.

It is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain.

- Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah(ra)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2010 at 1:33am

To develop this love for Allah does not require us to retire to or seclude ourselves in a monastery.

This love makes us do our duty to Allah while we are out in the street, at home or in the office. With this love, we live as servants of Allah everywhere, willingly making every sacrifice required of us. In fact, it propels us to share actively in the service of Allah's other creatures. True love of Allah makes us care for people and their needs.

Whether or not you have that love is something for you to examine closely. If you love someone, one of your most intense desires will be to get closer to that person. In Islam, you have a way in which you can get closer to Allah and talk to Him and that way is through Salat (Prayers). The Prophet said that when a person performs Salat, he actually comes nearer to Allah and talks to Him. If you look at how you pray five times a day, you will have a barometer in your hand to find out how much you love Allah.

Once you are praying to Him, you are in front of Him, you are near to Him, you are talking to Him, you are responding to Him in gratitude and you are asking for His forgiveness. Prayer is not just a ritual in which you go through certain postures. The soul has to surrender itself exclusively to Allah and love Him. This love is like a seed which, as it grows, envelops the entire personality.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2010 at 4:03pm

Love(Muhabbah) is to know that one’s abundant qualities are actually minute, whereas the Beloved’s insignificant qualities are actually abundant.

For example, Allah loves His creation, He showers them with countless blessings and mercies daily, yet Allah Himself stated in His Book that these blessings are few.

Say: Short is the enjoyment of this world (4:77)

On the other hand, the believers perform an insufficient amount of dhikr (remembrance of Allah) but Allah refers to this as abundant.

Men and women who engage much in Allah’s praise (33:35)

Bayazid Bustami (ra)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2010 at 12:36am
Allah loves The Just (Al-Muqsiteen)

So if they come to you, [O Muhammad], judge between them or turn away from them. And if you turn away from them - never will they harm you at all.

And if you judge, judge between them with justice. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

(5:42)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2010 at 3:14pm

Hadith Qudsi says,

"Neither [the vastness of] My earth, nor [that of] My heaven can contain Me. Indeed it is the heart of the man of faith which can contain Me."

Junayd said, “I heard Al-Hârith Al-Muhâsibî say: “Love (mahabbah) is your inclination to something with all of your being. Then, your preference to that thing over your own self, your soul and your possessions and wealth. Then, your being in accordance with that thing inwardly and outwardly, privately and publicly. Then, realizing your shortcomings with regards to your love of it.”

It was said, “Love (mahabbah) is a fire that burns in the heart. It burns everything other than what the beloved wants from the lover.” It was also said, “Nay, it is exerting all efforts in pleasing the beloved. And that could never be so until one no longer sees the ‘love’ anymore, but only witnesses the beloved.” It is mentioned in some of the Hadith Qudsi, “My servant, I am, by your right, a lover of you. So, be you, by my right upon you, a lover of Me.”

‘Abdullah ibn Al-Mubarak said, “Whomsoever is given something of love and is not given its equivalent of awe and veneration (khashyah), then he is deceived.”

Yahyâ ibn Mu’âdh said, “A muster seed’s amount of love is more beloved to me than seventy years of worship without love!”

Yahyâ ibn Mu’âdh said, “The one who knows Allah leaves this world (at the time of death) and he has not had his fill of two things: crying over his self and yearning for his Lord.” Others have said, “One who knows Allah will not really know Allah until if he is given a dominion like the kingdom of Solomon it would not distract him from Allah for even the blink of an eye.” It has also been said, “The one who knows Allah has found intimacy with Allah and has an aversion for other than Him. He has realized his poverty in front of Allah, so Allah has enriched him from His creation. And he has humbled himself in front of Allah, so He has ennobled him amongst His creation.”

Excerpt from the book “The Garden of the Lovers and the Excursion of Those Who Yearn”
by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version