Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: What are the Keys of Happiness in Islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 July 2010 at 1:26am
Real Happiness

Part of a talk by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf at the 2009 ISNA Convention which had as its main theme (Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRvIN8eI1UQ

(5 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2010 at 2:08pm
Is Wealth = Happiness?

Part of a talk by brother Abdur Raheem Green from the UK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=punQpNJPSLs

(4 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2010 at 3:24am
Ex-Atheist Finds Happiness in Islam

After 10 years living in Bahrain and the Emirates as an atheist, he traveled to Turkey, and started to discover Islam

This is his story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU8G3RCM2Ok

(10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2010 at 2:01am
True Happiness

Do you know what happiness is?

It has been defined as an agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune of any kind that is built on firm belief.

Every person must have a goal they wish to attain, the more he is able to accomplish this goal, the greater his sense of happiness will be.

Psychologists define happiness as a continuous feeling of enjoyment, satisfaction, generosity and delight, arising from contentment of one’s self, life and belief that they will have a blissful destiny.

Types of Happiness

From this definition we can categorize happiness into three categories:

First Category: False happiness, which lasts only for a short period of time. ...

Second Category: Happiness experienced when achieving goals. It is similar to the previous form of happiness in that it is short-lived, although it is less harmful than the previous form of happiness. When great efforts are exerted in attaining a goal and it is finally achieved one would wonder, what’s next? ...

Third Category: True happiness. This form of happiness will remain with an individual under all circumstances; through delight and anguish, poverty and prosperity, sickness and health and whether or not one would attain of this world what they wish for or not. This happiness is the result of one’s firm belief...

http://islamfuture.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/the-key-to-happiness.pdf

(Extract from Chapter 1 of book titled The Key to Happiness)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 August 2010 at 1:02am
Happiness is in the Heart

Contentment, happiness, and feelings of bliss, are some of the great feelings a Muslim experiences.

The scholar, Ibn Taymiyyah, may God have mercy on him, after being tortured, banished and imprisoned said: ‘What can my enemies do to me? My paradise and orchard are in my heart and they never part with me. If my captors imprison me it is most certainly a religious retreat, if they kill me it is martyrdom, and if they banish me from my land it is like tourism.’

These words are simply amazing. He was imprisoned and mistreated and still, this is what he said. A person true in his faith will be happy at all times. Islam will give a person a complete spiritual happiness and contentment regardless of their financial or social condition in life. A true Muslim is happy in all circumstances, whether sick or healthy, rich or poor, or in a state of security or chaos.

(Extract from Chapter 1 of book titled The Key to Happiness)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:13am
The Teachings of Islam Bring Happiness

The teachings of Islam have a great impact on the upbringing of a practicing Muslim. It also has an impact on his manners and ethics and ultimately upon his state of mind; a state of complete happiness.

The teachings of Islam distance a Muslim from being miserable, as is the case with many who have no faith. Of these teachings, which a Muslim is ordered with, are:

1. To love Allah and His Messenger.

Loving Allah and His Messenger will provoke a believer to give out in that path to attain this love. As it has been said, ‚True happiness, has no price.‛ The pursuit of happiness has led some to spending great amounts of money in hope of attaining the approval of a loved one. If they were asked, was it worth it? they would reply in the affirmative, for love has no price, and happiness is worth the price!

If this is the case with love in this life, attaining Godly love
should be a goal that all strive for.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 4:36am
One of the Keys to Happiness: Harboring Good Thoughts & Doing Good to Others

A Muslim is ordered, in Islam, to think well of what his fellow brother does and not interpret his actions to hold ill-meanings.

1. One should forget about the past and think of the present and leave the future to Allah...

2. We are encouraged to give and expend in the path of Allah. Indeed happiness is in giving and not in receiving. After you do something beneficial, such as giving food to a poor person or giving clothing to a person in need of it, or helping someone out in a calamity, how do you feel? ...

3. One should guide people to goodness and warn them from evil, so
that they can live happy lives...

4. Helping the needy and giving out in charitable causes.

5. One should intercede on behalf of others and use their influence to help others fulfill and complete things in goodness...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 August 2010 at 1:19am
Steps to Accepting the Truth

The first step to accepting the truth is to listen objectively to what is being said. Ask God to help you and to guide you.

When God sees in you the will to reach the truth, He will guide you ...

Allah says:

"Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided." (28:56)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2010 at 2:01am
Road To Happiness: Seek to Please God

Once you make pleasing God the most important thing in your life, you will possess the most valuable thing one can ask for - God's support.

http://www.masjidtucson.org/submission/perspectives/happiness/roadtohappiness.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2010 at 2:38am
Feeling God's Presence All Around Us: A Key to Happiness

We have faith in God, and we feel His presence around us

When a believer "sees" God's attributes around him, in the beauty of His creation, in the kindness of a mother with her child, in the mercy of people with the elderly, in the generosity of people helping those in need, ... the level of faith increases

When one is alone or going through a difficult time, then following a sincere prayer all matters sort out, one feels that God is there: He sees us, He hears our prayers and He helps us out when we seek His help

These feelings lead to inner peace, which leads to a happy life

May Allah make this month of Ramadan a month of peace, blessings and happiness for all

Ameen

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2010 at 1:42am
The Seven Ingredients of a Happy Life

1- Set clear goals in life (your relation with God, with yourself, your dreams in life)

2- Be a source of happiness to those who surround you

3- Purify your soul from the obstacles which prevent happiness

4- Have a big heart that is content, easy-going and forgiving

5- Have a strong will that helps you succeed in life and that enables you to endure life's hardships

6- Maintain warm family and social relations

7- Be very close to God

(Source: A Journey to Happiness, Ramadan TV Program by brother Amr Khaled)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2010 at 2:02am
The Goodly Life

The goodly life (al-hayat al-tayeba) which Allah has promised believers who do good in this life is a happy life with inner peace and the peace of mind whatever the situation one goes through in life

There are 4 main ways of finding this inner peace:

1- To increase the remembrance of Allah (dhikr) each day, each hour, and for some people with a strong faith even each minute

2- To struggle against yourself
, and prevent yourself from doing bad deeds or harming others

3- To increase good deeds, as good deeds erase bad deeds

4- Increase your prostration to Allah. One day a man asked Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, for advice and the prophet told him increase your prostration to Allah, as that will help you overcome yourself (i.e. its desires and whims)

This video is titled (The Goodly Life), English sub-titles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 1:24am
Giving & Living for Others

In the consumer society of today, most people are self-centered as they give the highest priority to the material aspects of life

Is that one of the reasons why most people are unhappy?

Living for others, giving society rather than taking, helping those in need and doing good is a life style that leads to happiness, as by doing that a believer pleases God which leads to contentment and peace

Caring for orphans, visiting the sick, helping the poor and taking care of the elderly are all good deeds which please Allah and makes our society more humane, more caring and more happy

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2010 at 1:23am
Brotherhood & Sisterhood in Islam

One of the greatest times of happiness for a Muslim is in the company of brothers/sisters in Islam

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made the first generation of Muslims brothers in Islam, first in Makkah, then later in Madinah where he chose for each Muslim in Madinah a brother from the migrants who arrived from Makkah

These strong relations were unique in history, as the Muslims of Madinah offered half their wealth to their brothers from Makkah who had to leave their wealth behind to escape from persecution. The level of altruism, love and brotherhood among them made them a unique loving generation, the best generation of Muslims

If one day you find a good Muslim brother with whom you get along well, try to develop a strong relation of brotherhood with him, and you will find that loving your brother for the sake of Allah is a unique feeling which opens many doors of peace and happiness

The same for sisters, if you find a good sister you get along with well, seize that opportunity and get closer to her. If you love her for the sake of Allah, you will help her in difficult times, and she will support you when you need support, and will share with you her moments of peace and happiness

Islam is a religion of being together and not being alone, a religion of "togetherness", and forming a strong community of caring brothers and sisters is an important key for happiness in this world and in the Hereafter

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version