Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: What are the Keys of Happiness in Islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Meriam  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Meriam Replybullet Posted: 20 August 2010 at 10:29am
[QUOTE=Al-Cordoby]Muslims believe that following Islam leads to happiness in this life and in the Hereafter

But what are the main keys of happiness in Islam?

What to you find are the factors that lead to a happy life?

Salamouallaykom brother Al-Cordoby and all the users here,

Well, your question about the keys of Happiness seen  by the eyes of muslim woman or man on the frame of islamic creed, is really a so main request to ask to show the value of the pearl that we possess between the hands: our Islam.

Personally, I see that there are two essentiel keys to taste the real Happiness between the corners of Islam:

First the well Knowledge of its verdicts as an upright religion sent by Allah the Mighty the Gracious to all mankind on the earth without any distinction, I mean the message of islam is general directed to the worldwide human beings and the winner who gets it.

This guides us to the second key: the love...a great love should be felt to our belief as muslims to be able to spread its real pure meaning as a path of PEACE, MERCY, JUSTICE....brief a way of life based on morals and virtues coming from its pillar: the love without any priceless and without waiting for any price even a word of thanks from anyone but just seeking to the obedience of God the All Seeing the All Hearing.....

To sum up, Science or Knowledge+Love of islam, together, are the keys of the real happiness never tasted….They are the means to reach the sweetness of faith which is that Happiness that I mean and that we should strive to feel and live in this life before the Day of Judgement where anything could be equal to piety …am I wrong?

God bless you brothers and sisters wherever you are.

Thank you twice Al-Cordoby for your precious efforts to give us the valuable usefulness.

Go ahead brother and Good luck.

My best regards.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2010 at 12:35am
Yes, knowledge and love of Islam are two very important keys for happiness - Thank you sister for your post

Don't Get Angry

A man once came to the prophet, peace be upon him, asking for advise, and he said (Don't get angry) three times

One of the obstacles for finding happiness is anger

Anger makes a person enter into a state of instability and makes one act in a way which may hurt or insult others

Anger may also lead to aggression and makes a person in a bad mood and bad manners

All these states are not compatible with peace and happiness

We are all human and we are all affected by what happens around us, so in case you get angry for some reason try to be patient. If you are standing sit down, and if you can make ablution do so, as the root of anger is fire, and water puts out the fire 

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Meriam  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Meriam Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2010 at 9:53am
Yes Brother, you are absolutely right and thanked to remeber us one of the bad manner ''Anger''which can hide our Will to get or taste the real flavor of the Happiness as  a comman Human being's Hope since the begining of this life on the earth.
Anger is a free way to have easly a feeling of Hostility leading to Mockery from the other and than a gap fullfilled by hate ......the life then becomes like a furnace of disrespect and then unbearable to live even a second of time.......
The solution so, is as you said brother: ''Don't get angry''...
this is one of the steps to reach Happiness by the way of mutual respect and confraternity despite of differences between us as mankind.

Thank you Alcordoby for the usefulness added.
Salamouallaykom

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 5:13pm

Don't Hate Others

Don't worry about the future, don't get angry and don't hate others

These are three important keys for happiness

While we can't always like all people we meet in life, whatever you do, don't hate those you dislike

Hatred is a negative feeling which takes away the peace from the heart. If someone hurts you or does something you dislike, try to forgive. This will keep you positive and will protect you from taking revenge and sliding down a dangerous path which would negatively affect your spirituality

Those who are patient and calm can even go one more step forward by praying for those who hurt them, asking Allah (SWT) to forgive this other person and to guide him/her to the Straight Path

Forgive and don't hate, love and pray ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:56am

Don't Worry about the Future

Trust in God and don't worry about tomorrow

We all have concerns, bills to pay and responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. We hope that we will be able to do all that and we often worry how

Don't worry

Make a plan, do your best then take it day by day

We don't know if we will be here next year, so why worry about what you plan to do many months away

And if the date of the commitment arrives and you don't have a solution for that problem, ask God to help you and to find a way out for you. He hears our prayers and He responds

At the same time, don't take on too many commitments which you can't cover, especially materialistic matters. Good time management is important for success and for a balanced life.

Life is a transition so don't make it too complicated in order that your worries don't increase

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2010 at 1:31am

Be Optimistic

Tomorrow will be a better day In-Shaa-Allah

After all hardships there is ease

Difficult times can't last for ever. One day they will end, so keep your trust that conditions will improve In-Shaa-Allah

Ask God for His Help, and He will help

Ask Him for His Guidance, and He will guide

Ask Him for His support, and He will support

If you are close to God, and you feel that He is with you, why be sad?

Keep that smile  and be optimistic

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:17am

Don't Worry Too Much About Money

One of the reasons many people feel unhappy is the worry of not having enough money tomorrow or next year

It is part of human nature to love wealth, but this basic instinct needs to be moderated, as too much love for wealth can turn a person into a slave for money or a miser, something which prevents happiness

Money comes and goes, but what is important is being content in wealth and also in relative poverty. Do your best at work, don't get into debt for something which you don't really need, and try to keep a balanced budget

The peace of mind of not having a debt to pay or worrying about next year leaves room for other more important things in life like coming closer to God, which is the real way to happiness

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2010 at 1:17am

The Love of God is the Most Important Key to Happiness

Many are the keys to live a happy life here on earth, and the most important of these keys is the Love of God

When a believer truly loves God, he or she sees all what surrounds them as a bounty from Allah. He is a Kind and Generous God, and all what we have is from Him.

All beauty in this universe is His creation, and He created all this beauty: the sky, mountains, seas, birds, trees, stars ... etc for us to enjoy and to remember Him

When we remember Him, we feel peace and happiness within, and when these inner feelings increase, a believer finds the love of God in his heart, which is the highest level of happiness when feeling close to Him

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 November 2010 at 12:23am

The Pursuit of Happiness

A talk by Sheikh Mokhtar Maghraoui

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhXNXjBErDM&feature=related

(Part 1/9 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2010 at 4:33am

Turning Towards God in the Worst Moments of Our Lives

As Muslims we can make the mistake of idealizing Islam as being some kind of perfect lifestyle that if implemented ‘we will have the perfect life, without the trials and difficulties we face today’. We may think that Islam is a set of teachings, rules, and acts that we can only incorporate fully when our lives aren’t so messed up. What happens when we think this?

Firslty, we may suffer withdrawal symptoms of finding sweetness in our prayers and pray just to get salat out of the way, if we pray at all. We break our relationship with the Qur’an. We might start to withdraw emotionally and spiritually from engaging with Islam as an active path to allow God’s Light to burn away the impurities, the anger, the sadness, the depression, and the burden in our hearts. Finally we may completely stop thinking about Islam altogether, learning about it, and conversing with it. We instead believe that before we can engage with Islam and partake in strengthening an ongoing relationship with God – we need to lick our wounds and heal from the calamity that has befallen us.

This thinking is a fatal mistake that first and foremost is one of Shaitan’s (Satan) best tricks: to push us away from engaging Islam and pursuing a relationship with God, precisely when our hearts are bursting with negative emotions and sadness. Shaitan dupes us precisely when we NEED GOD THE MOST. This in turn misplaces the reason why Islam came with a form of worship to God and functional way of life. Islam came to strengthen us, heal us, and ultimately guide us to salvation from these trials of life. Whether those trials are spiritual, material, emotional, or all of the above, we must maintain that Allah (swt) is our Friend. The One Who will never leave His worshipper alone. The One God Who will never forsake His slave. He is Allah. And His names tell us about His true attributes:

As-Salam – The Source of Peace
Al-Muhaymin – The Guardian
Al-Qahhaar – The One Who Subdues with Strength
Ar-Razzaaq – The Provider
Al-Fattah – The Giver of Victory
Al-Latif – The Gentle
Al-Nur – the Light
Al-Mu’eed – The Restorer

So, we come to the main question. If we are going through a tribulation and we are stressed with what no-one in the world understands, why would we not want the Source of Peace on our side? Why wouldn’t we want to engage with Ar-Razzaaq, The Provider to strengthen us? Why do we shy away from studying and delving into life’s trials that the Giver of Victory has sent down to us?

It is time to ask the only One Who Subdues with Strength to subdue our sorrow, and ask God to shine His light into our lives and Restore our joy. This is why Muslims use du`a’ (supplication) for anxiety as taught to us by the Prophet ﷺ:

“O Allah, I am Your servant, son/ daughter of Your servant, son/ daughter of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You, which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’an the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.”

Just look at this beautiful du`a’ taught to us by our Prophet ﷺ. Here, we are reminded of Allah’s (swt) Overwhelming Dominance over everything and over ourselves. We are also reminded of His Names, so that we can feel connected to His unlimited abilities that help us understand His roles in our lives. And finally, we are reminded of the Book – the Qur’an – that He sent, and through the Qur’an, the religion that is outlined for us.

But how can the Qur’an be our heart’s light and a release for our sorrows if we never read it? How, if we did not drown ourselves in it and in learning its secrets?

The Test is Not Whether We Bear Calamity, But Whether it Pushes Us Towards Allah

We know from Surat-al-Mulk that Allah (swt) has created life and death in order to try us and test us. We also know that Allah (swt) tries those whom He loves. However, there is more to life than simply passing a test of difficulty.

The test is not only whether or not we will bear the burden we are given, with patience. The test is also accepting that for our patience, at the end of the road is a guaranteed reward. It is accepting that a child we lost will insha`Allah (God willing) play with Prophet Ibrahim (as) in Paradise. That through patience a broken marriage devoid of love will be replaced by one that is better in this world or in the Hereafter. And that a painful sickness endured with remembrance of God, only results with each ounce of pain forgiving a sin clean.

The test is not simply to remember these things either, though they are the key to being patient. The ultimate test is whether the calamity pushes us towards Allah (swt). Whether we are able to take our difficult situation, and rather than relying on ourselves alone, recognize our dependency on and rely on God. From this we can then pursue a stronger relationship with God Who can bring peace to our hearts, and we can seek knowledge of how the deen (way of life) He revealed can in fact ease our pain.

It may be easy to worship Allah and engage with His deen when our lives are perfect. But that is exactly the wrong point. Our lives are not perfect, and will never be. So will we worship Him by participating fully in His Religion, even when things fall apart around us? Will we accept that the Sovereign King has the power and the mercy to bring us what we so desperately need? We must begin turning back to Allah, today, because He loves us unconditionally every day. And how does Allah love His servants? This story from the Prophet (pbuh) should give us the answer:

“…Suddenly, a woman saw an infant in the midst of the captives. She took hold of it, brought it into her bosom, and started nursing it. The Prophet then told the Companions, “Do you think that this woman would throw her child in the fire?” We said, “No, By Allah she would not, if she is able not to.” He then said, “Allah the Exalted is more merciful with His slave than this woman with her child.” (Al-Bukhari)

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:09pm

Searching for Happiness?

Happiness is a common goal that everyone strives to attain. Philosophers, intellectuals, doctors and artists alike have all strived in search of the causes of happiness and ways to escape anxiety.

The reality is, however, that the proposed solutions achieve only partial or superficial happiness. They are more or less like drugs which only provide temporary relief; when their effect wares off, anxieties return two fold.

The following words invite you to ultimate happiness and will lead you to true success. But before you begin reading, I hope that you take a moment to try to open your heart and mind - as the intelligent one is he who searches for the truth no matter where it lies

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/islam-and-the-world/worldview/450058-searching-for-happiness.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:22pm
Remembering Allah's Blessings; Source of Happiness

Speaker : Imam Ahmed Saad

Title      : Remembering Allah's Blessings; Source of Happiness in Life

Masjid    :  North London Central Mosque, UK.

http://www.onislam.net/english/multimedia/friday-khutbas/449933-remembering-allahs-blessings-source-of-happiness.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2011 at 9:01am
Content Ever After

One thing is certain: comparisons are the biggest killers of happiness.  One sure way to destroy your happiness is by comparing with others who seem to have more.  Allah says:

“And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them.” (Qur’an, 20:131)

What others have always seems more appealing.  While what we have may be satisfactory, once we start comparing, we will always find someone who has it “better.”  Then what we have is not even acceptable anymore – it becomes bad, even terrible, in comparison.  We may even stop seeing the good things we have over other people, focusing on the “better” THEY have and failing to see the “better” that WE have.

We always compare because we’re always looking for the ideal in everything; in this case, the ideal spouse, the Soul-Super-Mate (SSM).  And this attitude is strengthened by overexposure to so many ideal love stories and cute romantic comedies in books and movies.  They show us that everyone, after some adventures, ends up finding their SSM and living happily ever after.  Thus, we reach a point where we think these ideals are indeed the norm, and anything short of that is not acceptable.  We think the one for me is somewhere out there, waiting; they actually exist and are easy to find.  Nothing less will be acceptable.

What happens then is every time we meet a potential for marriage, we hope they are the One.  We project all of our dreams and emotional baggage on the poor person.  We expect them to be that which they are not.  Then we get married and discover the true person. We divorce. Then we repeat the same cycle, living miserably ever after.

While some people do actually find their SSM, most people don’t (including the actors in those movies). Despite this, some people still live happily!  Omar (ra) said, “Love is not the only component for building successful families.”  Happiness can still be achieved with someone short of the ideal spouse.  The key is to accept what one has.  A beautiful Arabic proverb says: “Contentment is a treasure that never perishes.”  If a person is content with a difficult situation, he will be happy; if he is discontent with a good situation, he will never be happy.

Here are a few things that could help:

1. Stop watching those romantic comedies.  Most of those stories are more ‘fiction’ than Avatar.
  2. Remember, you’re not perfect yourself, even if your mother thinks you are.
  3. Get to know your spouse as they are, not as you wish for them to be.  Each person has their own individuality, and if you accept them as they are, you may find someone very beautiful.  Put an effort into discovering your other half, without any prior judgment.  But essential for that is…
  4. … not to criticize them and to make them feel uncomfortable.  When people feel they’re constantly monitored and evaluated, they act very sloppy and awkward and could never blossom, showing their true beauty.
  5. Do not define them by their shortcomings.  In a hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah in Sahih Muslim, our Prophet (pbuh) said: “A believing man would never feel repulsed by his believing wife; if finds something about her that he dislikes, he will always find something else about her that satisfies him.”
  6. Keep in mind that Mr. or Mrs. Super-Perfect DOES NOT exist. What about Khadija (R), you ask? She was perfect and real, wasn’t she?  Yes, she was real, for someone like the Prophet (pbuh). It would not be fair to hold that perfect woman as the minimum acceptable standard; that unless my wife is like her, she won’t be good enough.  Khadijah was indeed the maximum - the best a woman can be.  The Prophet (pbuh) said four women attained perfection. Only Khadijah amongst them was married to a prophet.  In a hadith narrated in the Musnad, the Prophet (pbuh) said Allah sent 124,000 prophets, yet only one of the perfect women was married to a prophet. So 123,999 prophets had less-than-perfect wives.  Some, like the great Prophets Nuh and Lut (`alayhi assalam) even had bad wives.  Something to think about.
  7. Have taqwa (God-consciousness) of Allah in whatever you do and keep in mind His reward.  Omar (ra) said, “We found the joy of our lives in patience (sabr).”
  8. To make it easier on others, if you are blessed with a great spouse, then praise be to Allah.  Just don’t make it difficult on the others, by continuously telling them how perfect your spouse is.
  9. Finally, if you still feel a compulsion to compare with others, then you should compare with those that have less.  The Prophet (pbuh) recommended for this, as “it makes it easier for you to appreciate the blessings of your Lord.”

I ask Allah to give us the clarity and strength to accept all that He decrees, and to place our happiness in it. Ameen

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2011 at 9:33am

Reliance on Allah (swt)

What Muslims do when life goes wrong-Brother Nouman Ali Khan

"Then when you have taken a decision, rely on Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who rely on Him." (Al 'Imran: 159)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBLhMJ8FnTw

(About 5 mins)

<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version