Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: How to Find Inner Peace? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 84 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: How to Find Inner Peace?
    Posted: 25 February 2009 at 12:04pm
During the month of Ramadan, and in other similar special days, one is more likely to find inner peace and tranquility

But is that feeling only in Ramadan?

In your personal experience, what helps you find inner peace?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:48am
Last Friday I was praying Asr prayer in the masjid, and it felt like the place was full of angels - a very special moment

Friday is indeed a special day of the week to search for peace in one of Allah's houses, and also at home ...

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 26 February 2009 at 10:49am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Zahrah  
Graduate
Graduate
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Zahrah Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2009 at 3:08pm
Allah's creation. I never get tired from looking at the moon in its stages and the stars, I always feel totally relaxed and peaceful inside. And it never fails that my lips utter praises to Allah.
Ramadan Mubarak
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 February 2009 at 12:39am
Subhan Allah

It's nice watching the sky at night, an excellent reminder of how small we really are compared to this immense universe

Another important aspect to keep in mind is that this life is only one phase of our existence

Life does not end when we pass away, we will one day meet our Creator, and by His Mercy believers will live an eternal happy life

With that belief, all hardships that take place in this world, which may lead some people to be unhappy, disappear with patience and hope

Tomorrow will be a better day In-Shaa-Allah .....

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

iafiaf
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote iafiaf Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2009 at 1:58pm
finding inner peace is something unexplainable. its something beautiful alhamdulilah. inner peace can be within you everyday. but the only way to find inner peace is when you beleive and with every beleiver there is inner peace sometimes you dont even realise the inner peace.

may peace be with everyone.
asalammualaykum.

Edited by iafiaf - 04 March 2009 at 2:01pm
May peace be with everyone.
May Allah grant us all jannah al firdaus. Amen.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2009 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Zahrah

Allah's creation. I never get tired from looking at the moon in its stages and the stars, I always feel totally relaxed and peaceful inside. And it never fails that my lips utter praises to Allah.

Similar thoughts on contemplation are confirmed and detailed in this article:

Faith & Inner Peace

In order to know Allah Who created all living creatures and the universe and to comprehend His power, a person should consider everything our Lord has created and try to appreciate the manifestations of His boundless knowledge and will.

Only in this way can he understand that everything he sees was created and must definitely be the product of a power and an intelligence. By acknowledging the intelligence and creative power of Allah in this way he will come closer to Allah and realize that he needs to have faith in Him.

http://www.harunyahya.com/books/faith/happiness/happiness7.php

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 March 2009 at 11:45pm
Forgiving Others: A Key to Inner Peace

Forgive and Overlook

Learning to forgive our fellow men is a virtue that makes one magnanimous and is bound to lead to eventual triumph. It works wonders especially at times of disagreements, disputes, struggles and fights.

Just imagine the level of moral excellence you can instantly achieve by restraining yourself and forgiving the offender in such situations - especially when you have the power to retaliate.

God says in The Qur'an:

"And compete with one another to attain your Lord's forgiveness and to a Paradise as vast as the Heavens and the Earth, which has been prepared for the righteous; those who spend (in Allah's way) in the time of plenty and in the time of hardship, and hold in check their anger and pardon their fellow-men because Allah loves the doers of Good." (3:133-134)

Source: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Articles/tazkiyah/forgive_and_overlook.htm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

bcgirl  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote bcgirl Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2009 at 4:35pm
Salam Aleikum to all, well i just happened to read in a local newpaper the other day that said people who were religious had less stress and anxiety in their daily life and how they cope with day-to-day situations say at work and personal. It mentioned that people who have a close relationship with God have a better understanding of lifes trials and tribulations and they deal better with stressfull situations because they know on that other level that all is in Allah's hands and even if something bad happens,they know to accept this as His will and can deal with it on another level.....say instead of throwing your hands up in the air, yelling and screaming and losing control of something which is out of your control.... i was also not implying in any way that to those who dont believe in Allah react this way to bad things happening just an example....i hope im making sense and not blabbering!!!lol...  

Finding Islam for me has helped tremendously on many different aspects of my life all in good and positive ways and has given me alot of inner peace and infallible trust in Allah(swt). But i have to say in a somewhat tangible sense, when i am at the beach this brings me great serenity. The sand, the blue sky, the sound of the ocean rolling on to the shore..... just listening to the waves come in is a very peaceful sound, if you have access to a beach please take a visit and let all the sights and sounds envelop you for awhile, its great!!!
Salam Aleikum, my new mission statement:Why worry? God's in control...
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2009 at 11:54pm
Yes, being close to nature is an excellent reminder of the Creator and a means to get away from the material aspects of life, and closer to the spiritual

Inner Peace and Tranquility come from God when searching for the Truth and being thruthful

Tranquility of the Heart

Tranquility is the satisfaction of the heart with circumstances without any sense of anxiety or restlessness.

It was mentioned in one narration that:

"Truthfulness is a cause of Tranquility and lying is a cause of suspicion and doubt."

This suggests that one who hears the truth will have Tranquility and satisfaction within his heart as a result, whereas lying causes disturbance and doubt within the heart.

This meaning is also seen in the hadeeth which states: "Tranquility is what the heart has Tranquility with." This shows that the heart feels satisfied with truth and has no anxiety or sense of unease because of it.

Toma'aneenah (Serenity) is something more than tranquillity. It includes knowledge, faith and the attainment of what is known. The example of this is the toma'aneenah the hearts find with the Qur'an.

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 09 March 2009 at 11:55pm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Holly  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Holly Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:09pm
Salaam Alaikom

Last week my answer would have been so different....

This day I just reflect on people and situaions that are worst and I am grateful for what I do have
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:33pm
Assalamo Alaikom sister and welcome back

Hope all is well

That's an excellent point, reflecting on people who are in a worst situation, and thanking God for the many blessings He has given us has an immediate positive impact on one's morale

On the material side of life, an important key to inner peace is thinking of those who are worse off, and on the spiritual side trying to improve and to be as those who are closer to Allah .....

What else do you find can help bring peace?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2009 at 10:37am

Spiritual Peace

The faith in God, is a medicine for any spiritual ills, it helps regulate psychic urges which are themselves the mainspring of man's spiritual afflictions.

The faith in God gives a visage of perfect beauty to life, because when one has the conviction that everything does not come to an end with this life it creates an inner peace and makes him pass through the entire course of life with steadiness, strength, and moderation.

Qualities like greed and avarice, which are one of the reasons for anxiety, are moderated as a result of faith in God. The hope of great rewards and the fear of severe punishments make man refrain from rapacity and avoid unreasonable and uncontrolled passion for material things, glitter and ostentation. Thus, a desirable and serene equilibrium worthy of man's humanity is brought about within his soul.

Similarly, faith in the Day of Judgement and the hereafter removes the intolerable strain induced by the idea of absolute annihilation and extinction from the human spirit, for the person with such a faith is convinced that at the threshold of death the door to another world will open in front of him and he will enter an eternal life and its everlasting bounties that cannot be compared with the joys of this world. This faith results in eliminating another agent of mental anxiety which is the anguish of absolute nonexistence.

Faith not only cures anguish and anxiety from the human heart, it also protect it from being overwhelmed by agitation and agony.

(Source: IOL)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 March 2009 at 12:19pm

Thoughts on Life and Death

We are human and limited in our understanding. Instead of telling God what we want, we should try to ask God what it is He wants for us, or wants us to do, in each situation.

Sometimes He gives a very clear indication of what it is He wants us to do—through inner conviction, through a verse of the Qur’an, or an insight given through another person. When we are less certain, we can pray for what seems to be the best solution, acknowledging that God’s wisdom is perfect.

We are not specks of dust drifting in space blown by random destiny. We are each of us unique—no two people are alike, not even identical twins. Each one of us is born for a specific reason and purpose, and each one of us will die when we have accomplished whatever it was to be accomplished.

True healing is not necessarily a cure, but a completion of God’s work in body, mind, emotions and spirits.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/introducingislam/Worship/Heart/article05.shtml

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cambridge
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote cambridge Replybullet Posted: 13 March 2009 at 1:29pm
How do you find inner peace?
Page  of 84 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version