Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: How to Find Inner Peace? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2009 at 12:16am

Modern Stress and its Cure from Qur'an

Stress is the most common aliment of modern age. It has been implicated in the causation of peptic ulcer disease, coronary heart disease, depression, auto immune disease, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.

In milder form it manifests in form of unrest, violence, at work, school and home. Common medical problems like tension headache, insomnia, and obesity are also attributed to unusual stress. None of us are free from stress but some deal with it better than others.

Stress results from the following factors:

1. Fear of the unknown and trying to see through and control the destiny.

2. Losses in our life of people and things dear to us and our inability to recover those losses.

3. Inner conflict between our heart and mind between what is known to be the truth and our failure to accept it as truth. Acceptance of truth may require changing our habits and way of life which we may adhere to for some reason like pleasure, joys, taste, pride in race or heritage etc.

Three stages of spiritual development of soul:

1- Nafsul Ammara - The Passionate soul.

"I do not absolve myself Lo the (human) soul is prone to evil, save that whenever my Lord has mercy. Lo, Lord is forgiving; merciful."

[Surah Yusuf; 12:53]

This soul inclines toward sensual Pleasure, passion and self gratification , anger, envy, greed, and conceit. Its concerns are pleasure of body, gratification of physical appetite, and ego.

Hadith "your most-ardent-enemy is your evil self which resides within your body" [Sahih al-Bukhari].

If this evil soul is not checked will lead to unusual stress and its resultant effects.

2- Nafsul Lawanunah - The Reproaching Soul.

"Nay, I swear by the reproaching soul"

[75:1]

This soul is conscious or aware of Evil, resists it, asks for God's grace, and pardon, repents and tries to ammend and hopes to achieve salvation.

"And (There are) others who have acknowledged their faults. They mix a righteous action with another that was bad. It may be that Allah will relent toward them. Lo! Allah is relenting, merciful." [9:102]

Hadith "These are two impulses within us. One spirit which calls towards good and confirms the truth. He who feels this impulse should know that it comes from Allah. Another impulse comes from our enemy (Devil) which leads to doubt and holds untruth and encourages evil. He who feels this should seek refuge in Allah from the accursed devil."

This soul warns people of their vain desire, guides and opens the door to virtue and righteousness. It is a positive step in spiritual growth.

3- Nafsul Mutma'inaa - The satisfied soul

"O (you) soul in (complete) rest and satisfaction. Come back to your Lord, will pleased (yourself) and will pleasing unto him. Enter you then among my devotees, enter you in my heaven."

[89:27-30]

This is the highest state of spiritual development. The satisfied soul is the state of bliss, content and peace. The soul is at peace because it knows that in spite of its failures in this world, It will return to God. Purified of tension, it emerges from the struggle with obstacles blocking the peace of mind and heart.

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/food/stress_quran.html

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:55pm

Thoughts that Help Bring Tranquility and Peace

1- The length of your lifehas already been decided upon, for everything takes place according to preordainment and decree. So there is no need to feel anxious in that regard

2- The decision of how much sustenance any one of us receives is with Allah alone: no one else owns that sustenance or has the power to take it away from you

3- The past is gone and has taken with it its woes and miseries. It cannot return even if the whole of mankind worked as one unit to bring it back.

4- The future is from the unseen world and has not arrived yet. It brings with it matters, showing no regard to your permission or feelings, so do not call it forth untill it actually arrives

5- Doing good to others brings happiness to both the heart and the soul.

(Source: Book titled "Don't be Sad")

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2009 at 12:03am
Peace of Mind is in Having the Basic Necessities of Life

Don't think that having only a little is a cause for anxiety

More complex problems normally accompany a more complex kind of life.

Most people who have life's basic necessities have a conscious which is more sound and an existence which is more peaceful than the majority of rich people

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2009 at 9:32am

Knowing that After Hardship comes Relief

Hardship, no matter how great and far reaching it becomes, never endures or lasts.

Rather, the harsher and more difficult one's circumstances become, the closer one comes to ease, confort and relief. Then help and aid are forthcoming from Allah.

Is not the end of every dark night a bright morning?

(From the book titled "Don't be Sad")

This feeling is certainly a way of achieving internal peace when faced with hardships. Knowing that they don't last and that after each hardship comes ease is a great consolation and inner support.

Thinking of a hardship in a positive (rather than a negative) way, and that it is a chance to come closer to Allah makes it much easier to get to terms with.

Allah says in The Qur'an:

"For indeed with hardship [will be] ease.
Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease."

(The Qur'an, 94:5-6)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

ruby  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ruby Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:03pm

Assalaamuwalaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu

i agree with you Brother when ever hardship comes we loose heart very soon, it happened with me.. once when my daughter was born , she had health problems , it took 1- 2 years to cure fully , But now Alhamdulillha she is Ok .., I feel so humbled that Allah subhanawatala accepted my dua's subhanallah.., I learned a lot from that time

back to the topic..,
Today i found Inner peace,
I had been to Eid milad gathering , really felt blessed, i cannot phraze it in words
Alhamdulillah .

ALLAH IS ONE, LIKE HIM IS NONE
Islamaholic
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Islamaholic Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2009 at 3:27pm

Milaad celebration today?

Concerning the topic, I feel more at peace whilst reciting quran rather than when reading salah for some reason.   Don't know why.  But, still this inner peace is temporary, the challenge is accquiring long term peace.

ma'salam
'To make a mistake is nothing, but to do nothing is definitely a mistake.'
ruby  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ruby Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2009 at 2:32am
Assamuwalaikumwarahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu

I agree, reading Quraan gives you inner pease, and yesterday in the gathering we all read Quraan , and later there was naath reading

I believe these gatherings refreshes once Imaan and we learn new things as well,
when i was in India i used to go to 2 group gatherings,
one was traditional (fridays) which was going on from a long long time we call it ISHTAMA
and the second (weakends) when i was introdused to G I A , girls islamic organization , where we used to get assingments as members to invite people to learn Quraan with meaning, and also we used to get a part or some short SURA to recite, and explain in the comman language , in the presence of the group leader, who was very well read.

ALLAH IS ONE, LIKE HIM IS NONE
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2009 at 1:36am

The Fruits of Contentment

(Allah is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him) (5:119)

Contentment bears many blessed fruits.

More than anything else, by being contented with that which is decreed, one is able to soar to the highest levels of faith and truthfulness.

Contentment is indeed one of the imporant keys to inner peace

In fact, without being content with what we have, we will never reach inner peace

That does not mean not to do one's best, but try not to raise expectations too much so that if the outcome is not according to plan, one is not disappointed

In all cases, one should thank Allah for he many blessings we have and remember those who are worse off

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 April 2009 at 11:38pm
In Order to find Peace Turn to your Lord

Tranquility means having a heart that is at peace and that has a sound trust in Allah.

Tranquility is a state of calm enjoyed by those believers who have been saved from doubt.

And it is according to one's closness to Allah and steadfastness in following the Messenger's way that one will achieve tranquility and peace

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2009 at 11:26pm
Pre-ordainment

The pens have dried, the pages have been lifted: all events that shall come to pass have already been written

Whatever has befallen you was not meant to escape you, and whatever has escaped you was not meant to befall you:

If this belief were to be firmly ingrained in your heart, then all hardship and difficulty would become ease and comfort.

Allah has decreed matters to occur and the decisions are His and His alone. When we truly have this faith, we shall be rewarded well and our sins shall be atoned for.

You will never feel completely at ease until you firmly believe that Allah has already pre-ordained all matters. The pen has been dried and with it has been written everything that will happen to you.

Therefore don't feel remorse over that which is not in your hand.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2009 at 11:23pm
The Blessing of Knowledge

Knowledge is a light that leads to wisdom. It is life for one's soul and fuel for one's character

Happiness and high-spiritedness come with enlightment, because through knowledge one may fulfil his goals and discover what was previously hidden from him. The soul, by its very nature, longs for the acquisition of new knowledge to stimulate it and the mind.

If you desire happiness, then seek out knowledge and enlightment, and you will find that anxiety, depression and grief will leave you

(And say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge) (The Qur'an, 20:114)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 12:36pm
Charity Brings Peace to the Giver

Among the factors that contribute to one's happiness are performing acts of kindness to others and giving charity

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2009 at 1:06am
Do not be sad - Everything will occur according to pre-ordainment

Everything occurs according to preordainment and according to what has been decreed.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"And know that what has befallen you was not going to miss you, and that which missed you was not meant to befall you"

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2009 at 11:16pm
Don't Get Angry

Anger is one of the factors that cause depression and sadness

The Prophet, peace be upon him, advised one of his companions saying "Don't be angry"

Remind yourself of the reward of those who repress their anger and those who forgive

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version