Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to Find Inner Peace? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 85 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:20pm
Leave the future alone until it comes..!!

Be not hasty and rushed for things that have yet to come to pass.

Do you think it is wise to pick fruits before they become ripe?

Tomorrow is non-existent, having no reality today, so why should you busy yourself with it?

Why should you have apprehensions about future disasters? Why should you be engrossed by their thoughts, especially since you do not know whether you will even see tomorrow?

The important thing to know is that tomorrow is from the world of the unseen, a bridge that we do not cross until it comes.

(Source: Book titled "Don't be Sad")

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:53am

Verily, in the Remembrance of Allah do Hearts Find Rest..!!

*Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.* (Qur’an 13: 28)

Truthfulness is beloved by Allah and is purifying soap for the heart. And there is no deed that gives such pleasure to the heart, or has greater reward, than the remembrance of Allah.

*Therefore remember Me, and I will remember you…* (Qur’an 2: 152)

Remembrance of Allah is His paradise on earth, and whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter. Remembrance is not only a safe haven from the problems and worries of this world, but it is also the short and easy path to achieving ultimate success. Read the various revealed texts that refer to the remembrance of Allah, and you will appreciate its benefits.

When you remember Allah, clouds of worry and fear are driven away, and the mountains that make up your problems are blown away.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:02am

Accept Life as it is..!!

The pleasures of life are short-lived, and more often than not, they are followed by sorrow. Life means responsibility, a journey wherein change is constant and difficulties are relentless in their onslaught.

You will not find a father, a wife, or a friend who is free from problems. Allah has willed for this world to be filled with two opposites: good and evil, righteousness and corruption, happiness and misery. Thus goodness, uprightness, and happiness are for Paradise; evil, corruption and misery are for the Fire. The Prophet peace be upon him said:

“This world is cursed along with all that is in it, except for these: the remembrance of Allah, what follows it (i.e. good deeds and whatever Allah loves), the scholar, and the student.”

So live according to your reality without always envisioning the ideal life, one that is free from worry and toil. Accept life as it is and adapt accordingly to all circumstances. You will not find in this world such things as the flawless companion or the perfect situation, because flawlessness and perfection are qualities that are foreign to this life. It is necessary for us to make amends; to take what is easy and leave what is difficult; and very frequently, to overlook the faults and mistakes of others.

(From a book titled "Don't be Sad")

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 15 April 2009 at 1:03am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2009 at 5:25am
Thank You Al-Cordoby!

Excellent words and reminders

Robert
Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2009 at 5:42am

Assalam Alaikum Al-Cordoby,

Would you have some references from Holy Quran to review for this ?
When things seem overwhelming I find that such reading is a great comfort.

Many Thanks,

Robert
Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:18pm
Assalamo Alaikom brother

There are many verses in The Qur'an that show us the way to find inner peace

For example, the remembrance of Allah is the main way to tranquility and inner peace, as in this verse:

(Only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace) (13:28)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:20pm
God's Blessings Al-Cordoby..this verse is a perfect ending to a fine day. Thank You

Rob
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:55am

Say [O’ Muhammad]: Travel in the Land..!!

*Say [O’ Muhammad]: Travel in the land…* (Qur’an 6: 11)

There is one activity worthy of mention here, because it both gives pleasure and removes dark clouds that may hang over you; namely, for you to travel through the lands, observe the open book of creation, and appreciate all of its wonders.

During your journeys, you can see gardens of splendour and beautiful green meadows. Leave your home and contemplate that which surrounds you. Climb mountains, traverse valleys, ascend trees, and drink sweet, pure spring water. Thereupon, you will find your soul to be free like the bird that sings and swims in the sky in perfect rapture. Leave your home and removes the black blindfold from your eyes, and then travel through the spacious lands of Allah, remembering and glorifying Him.

To isolate yourself to the confines of your own room, while passing the hours away with lethal idleness, is a certain path to self-destruction. Your room is not the only place in the world, and you are not the sole inhabitant of it. Then why do you surrender yourself to misery and solitude? Call out with your eyes, ears, and heart:

*March forth, whether you are light [being healthy, young and wealthy] or heavy [being ill, old and poor].* (Qur’an 9: 41)

Come recite the Qur’an beside a mountain brook or among the birds as they sing.

Travelling to different lands is an activity which doctors recommend, especially for those who are feeling downcast, constricted by the narrowness of their own rooms. Therefore go forth and find delight in travelling.

*And they think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying]: ‘Our Lord! You have not created [all] this without purpose, glory to You!* (Qur’an 3: 191)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2009 at 9:47pm

Do not Carry the Weight of the Globe on Your Shoulders!

In a certain class of people there rages an internal war, one that doesn’t take place on the battlefield, but in one’s bedroom, one’s office, one’s own home. It is a war that results in ulcers or an increase in blood pressure. Everything frustrates these people: they become angry at inflation, furious because the rains come late, and exasperated when the value of their currency falls. They are forever perturbed and vexed, no matter what the reason.

*They think that every cry is against them.* (Qur’an 63: 4)

My advice to you is this: do not carry the weight of the globe on your shoulders. Let the ground carry the burden of those things that happen. Some people have a heart that is like a sponge, absorbing all kinds of fallacies and misconceptions. It is troubled by the most insignificant of matters; it is the kind of heart that is sure to destroy its possessor.

Those who are principled and are upon the true path are not shaken by hardship; instead, hardship helps to strengthen their resolve and faith.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2009 at 11:17pm
Brother Al-Cordoby,  Such wonderful things you share.  I must find this book!  Thank you so much.

May Allah smile upon you and bring you great happiness.

Rob
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2009 at 9:44pm
It's an excellent book, mainly easy to read short passages, and very deep and thought-provoking ideas based on the Muslim faith, The Qur'an and Sunnah

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 18 April 2009 at 9:47pm

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2009 at 9:49pm

Do not be Crushed by What is Insignificant...!!

Many are those that are distressed by not by pressing matters of great import, but by minor trifles.

Their principal concerns are for their stomachs, cars, houses, and castles. they never once raise their eyes to a life of ideals and virtues; the extent of their knowledge is their cars, clothes, shoes, and food.

Some people are distressed day and night, because of a disagreement with their spouse, son, or relative, or because they have had to forbear criticism, or because of some other trivial event. Such are the calamities of these people. They have no aspiration to higher principles or goals to keep them busy, and they have no noble ambition in their lives to an end for which they can strive day and night. It has been said, ‘When water leaves a container, it is then filled with air’.

Therefore reflect on that which gives you cause for concern or anxiety, and ask yourself this: does it merit your energies and toils? This is an indispensable question, because whatever it is that causes your anxiety, you are, with mind, flesh, and blood, giving it energy and time. And if it does not merit your energy and time, you will have squandered a great deal of your most precious resources. Psychologists say that you should judge everything in proportion to its true value and then put it in its proper place. More truthful than this is the saying of Allah:

*Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.* (Qur’an 65: 3)

So give to each situation according to its size, weight, measure, and importance. And stay away from immoderation or from exceeding the proper bounds.

Therefore do not be preoccupied with matters that are insignificant. If you follow this advice, you will find that most of your worries will have left you

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:15pm

Be Content with that which Allah has Given You and You will be the Richest of People..!!

Wealth, appearance, children, houses, and talents – you must be content with your share in these things:

*So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful.* (Qur’an 7: 144)

Most Islamic scholars and pious Muslims of the early generations of Islam were poor; needless it is to say, then, that they did not have beautiful houses or nice cars. Yet, despite these disadvatages, they led fruitful lives, and they benefited mankind, not by some miracle, but because they used all that they were given, and spent their time in the correct way. Hence they were blessed in their lives, their time, and their talents.

On the contrary, there are many people who have been bestowed with wealth, children, and all forms of blessings, yet these blessings have been the very reason for their misery and ruin. They deviated from what their inborn instincts were telling them, namely, that material things are not everything. Look at those that have obtained degrees from world-renowned universities, and yet they are paragons of obscurity. Their talents and abilities remain unused. Meanwhile, others who are limited in the scope of their knowledge have managed to make mountains out of what they have been given, benefiting both themselves and society.

If you are a seeker of happiness, be satisfied with the looks Allah has favoured you with, with your family situation, with the sound of your voice, with the level of your understanding, and with the amount of your salary. Certain educators go further than this by saying that you should imagine being contented with even less that you actually have now.

In fact, every Prophet was at one time or another a shepherd. Dawood (David) was a blacksmith, Zakariah (Zechariah) a carpenter, and Idrees (Enoch) a tailor; and yet they were the best of mankind.

Therefore your value is in your abilities, good deeds, manners, and contributions to society. Do not feel grief, then, over that which has passed you by in life in terms of good looks, wealth, or family; and be content with what Allah has allotted for you.

*It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in this world.* (Qur’an 43: 32)

Remind yourself of Paradise, which is as wide as are the Heavens and the Earth.

If you are hungry in this world, if you are sad, ill or oppressed, remember the eternal bliss of Paradise. If you do this, then your losses are really profits and the hardships you face are really gifts. The most wise of people are those that work for the Hereafter, because it is better and everlasting.

The happiness of Paradise will be absolute. So why do we not contemplate this fact?

If Paradise is our final destination – and we ask Allah for Paradise – then the hardships of this world are less heavy than they may seem, so let the hearts of the afflicted ones find solace.

O’ you who live in poverty, or are afflicted with calamity, work righteous deeds so that you shall live in Allah’s Paradise.

(Peace be upon you, because you persevered in patience! Excellent indeed is the final home!) (Qur’an 13: 24)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2009 at 12:59am
Al-Cordoby,
This last post of yours has reached my heart.  Much of my mind is taken with circumstances, and I'm overwhelmed.  Its as if light has been taken from me, and I travel in darkness, which is made me feel Allah is punishing me, witholding his blessings and grace. I struggle for dignity, peace, and confidence.  Theological challenges each day, and significant problems of living requirments for self (I live alone), my children, and mother and father over many years have created my daily cry: "Allah, I thirst greatly for your Answers, and wander about seeking Your successful direction." 

<< Prev Page  of 85 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version