Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: How to Find Inner Peace? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2009 at 10:48pm
After hardship comes ease

This verse is mentioned twice in the same chapter in The Qur'an (Chapter 94) to confirm this matter, there is no doubt about it

What is needed is patience, keeping close to Allah, trusting Him and asking Him to sort out our problems and to guide us to His Straight Path

May Allah make matters easy for us all

Ameen

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2009 at 11:33pm
Smile...!!

Laughing moderately can act as a cure or as therapy for depression and sadness. It has a strong influence on keeping the soul light and the heart clear.

Abu Darda’ (may Allah be please with him) said, “I make it a practice to laugh in order to give rest and comfort to my heart. And the noblest of people, Muhammad (Sallallaho alayhe Wasallam), would laugh, sometimes until his molars became visible.”

Laughing is an efficacious way to achieve comfort and light-heartedness, but keep in mind that, as in other things, you should not be immoderate.

If I were given a choice between having status in society and plentiful money, and between having a happy, radiant, smiling self, I would choose the latter. For what is great wealth if it begets misery? And what is high position if what comes with it is constant gloominess? And what good is the most beautiful wife if she transforms her house into a living hell? Much better than her – a thousand times at least – is a wife who has not reached such a pinnacle of beauty, but nonetheless has made her house a kind of paradise.

(Source: Book titled "Don't be Sad")

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 2:11am
Assalamo Alaikom

Indeed!  Some gladness is only a smile away. What a nice thought.  There really is much to have a glad heart for.  I always experience great happiness when I think about the great gift of Allah to me, my children. 

I have experienced some people who seem to have sadness as their perpetual companion.  And the gloominess, its overwhelming and turns bright days dark.  This 'medicine' you have presented is so simple, good, and free, and whats more, it works.

Jazakum Allah Khairan, Tarek.   Allah Be Praised

Wassalom Alaikom

Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:23pm

Cast Off Anxiety..!!

Do not be sad, for your Lord says:

*Have We not opened your breast for you [O’ Muhammad]?* (Qur'an 94: 1)

The message of this verse embraces all those who carry the truth, who see the light, and who tread the path of guidance.

*Is he whose breast Allah has opened to Islam, so that he is in light from His Lord [as he who is non-Muslim]? so, woe to those whose hearts are hardened against the remembrance of Allah!* (Qur'an 39: 22)

Therefore there is a truth that causes the heart to be opened and a falsehood that causes it to harden.

*And whosoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam.* (Qur'an 6: 125)

So the acceptance of and adherence to this Religion is a goal that cannot be achieved except by the one who is blessed.

*’Be not sad [or afraid], surely Allah is with us.’* (Qur'an 9: 40)

All those that have faith in Allah’s care, guardianship, and mercy speak the words that are related in this verse.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:48pm

Stay Away from the Following Four

1- Complaining and being angry with what Allah has decreed

2- Committing sins without repenting afterwards

3- Hating people for the blessings Allah has bestowed upon them

4- Turning away from the remembrance of Allah

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 April 2009 at 11:40pm

The noblest human being

Some salient features of the Messenger of Allah's character were contentment, optimism, and a generous heart.

He was a bearer of glad tidings. He forbade people from extremes of austerity and asceticism, because these lead to repelling people from the truth. Hopelessness and failure were not in his dictionary.

A smile was always on his face, and his heart was content. Furthermore, his commands were easy to follow, for his mission was to alleviate hardship and to remove the shackles of falsehood that hold people down.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:15pm

Be Pleased with Allah

Along with having faith in the phrase, "I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion, and with Muhammad as a Messenger", you must also be pleased with Allah's commandments and decrees.

When you are selective in your belief in pre-ordainment, your belief is incorrect. Being selective means to be pleased and contented with only those decrees that are compatible with your desires, while complaining against those decrees that go against your desires ...

Contentment is a path that is followed by people who want to live according to a higher code, a code that is followed by those who are close to Allah

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2009 at 1:12am
Assalom Aleikom Tarek! 

Thank You!  Interestingly enough I've been planning a frugal lifestyle out of choice, but also to please Allah.  Much of my frugality has been more from having lost my earnings and belonging in a tough divorce.  The really hard part has been not being able to supply my 4 children with as much as I feel they need, but I'm hopeful Allah with guide and direct me to much better times.

I also have found a wonderful new book, Muhammad, His Life Based On The Earliest Sources, by Martin Lings.  If you're familiar with it, I'd love to hear any comments you might have.  I was fortunate to find a excellent used copy for a good price on Amazon.com.

Many Blessings to you and your family!

Rob
Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2009 at 1:15am
A wonderful set of thoughts to live by... and Ameen

Rob

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2009 at 1:17am
A question...

Many posts here are so valuable I want to copy and print them, can anyone tell me how to do that without copying entire strings ?

Wassalom Aleikom

Rob
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Rob2009

I also have found a wonderful new book, Muhammad, His Life Based On The Earliest Sources, by Martin Lings.  If you're familiar with it, I'd love to hear any comments you might have.  I was fortunate to find a excellent used copy for a good price on Amazon.com.

Rob:

That's one of the best books on the life of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, and a highly recommended reading

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:16pm

Contentment Repels Sadness

The Messenger of Allah (Blessings and Peace be upon him) said:

"We do not say other than that which pleases our Lord"

Upon you is a sacred duty to surrender yourself to what is preordained for you. If you fulfill this duty, you will be successful in the long run.

Your only escape is to believe in preordainment, since whatever has been decreed must inevitably take place. ...

All Divine decrees will come to pass, both upon the one who accepts them and upon the one who rejects them. The difference is that the former will find reward and happiness while the latter will only find sin and misery

The days rotate in bringing good and bad

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2009 at 10:18pm

Basics for Tranquility and Inner Peace

1- The length of your life has already been decided upon, for everything takes place according to preordainment and decree. So there is no need to feel anxious in that regard

2- The decision of how much sustenance any one of us receives is with Allah alone: no one else owns that sustenance or has the power to take it from you

3- The past is gone and has taken with it its woes and miseries. It cannot return even if the whole of mankind worked as one unit to bring it back

4- The future is from the unseen world and has not yet arrived. It brings with it matters, showing no regard to your permission or feelings, so do not call it forth until it actually arrives

5- Doing good to others brings happiness both to the heart and the soul. A good deed provides greater benefits to the benefactor - in terms of blessings and recompense and peace - then it does to the receiver

6- Among the noble qualities of the believer is that he doesn't concern himself with spurious criticism. No one has been saved from curses and criticism, not even Allah, the Lord of all that exists, Who is Perfect and Exalted

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2009 at 10:24pm

Remember that you are Dealing with The Most Merciful

(Allah's Mercy has no limit)

Accepting Islam or making repentence wipes out past sins.

Mountains of sins are nothing compared to the forgiveness of the One who knows everything.

It is imperative that you have a good opinion of your Lord along with being hopeful of His comprehensive generosity and His far-reaching mercy

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version