Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: How to Find Inner Peace? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2009 at 10:39pm

The Importance of Having a Good Friend

Every Muslim needs a helpful loving brother to turn to, to share joys and hardships with, and to reciprocate affection ...

Having a good and worthy companion brings joy to the heart

(Source: Book titled "Don't be Sad")

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 April 2009 at 10:47pm

What then is Happiness?

Happiness is the solace that is derived from being upon the truth, a peace of mind that is achieved by living according to sound principles and calmness that is brought about by living a life of goodness

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2009 at 5:09am
Assalamu Aleikum Brother!

Such a simple and straightforward definition.  Its like a pocket reference when put in this way, something we can carry about and remind us without the struggle of remembering a tome-like treatise.

Thank You !

Wassalamu Aleikum

Rob
Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2009 at 10:14pm
During prayer, one's heart and soul are in communication with Allah

Closeness to Him, the comfort realized from asking of Him, and the spirituality felt from standing in front of Him - these are all realized during the prayer.

Every limb is used during the prayer, but what is more important is that the heart must be wakefull as well.

When one prays, tranquility and peace are achieved, as one travels away, at least spiritually, from enemies and troubles.

Thus prayer is one of the most potent of remedies for the diseases of the heart. Yet only the worthy heart benefits from prayer; the weak heart on the other hand is like the body in that it seeks its sustenance from material matter.

Prayer is the greatest way to help us achieve the blessings of both this world and the Hereafter. The prayer precludes one from sins, defends against diseases, illuminates both heart and face, makes one active, and in general brings good upon the person who performs it sincerely

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:19am

Worship Allah by Surrending your Will to Him

Among the necessities or elements of faith is to be contented with all that is decreed: both what is good and what is bad.

What is decreed for us is not always in harmony with our desires and fancies. But then, we are not in a position to give suggestions. On the contrary, our right station and position is that of a worshipper who surrenders his will

We are all tested according to our level of faith. The prophet, peace be upon him, said: (The most severely tested are the prophets and then the righteous ones)

If Allah wants good for a person, He afflicts him

What is important when faced with a test from God is to have a lot of patience, to ask Him for help and relief, and to be certain that after hardship there will be ease

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 2:39pm
The Good Life

There are two conditions to gaining a good life: faith in Allah and performing good deeds

The one who believes in Allah and does good deeds derives two benefits:

1- A good and prosperous life in this world and in the Hereafter

2- A tremendous reward from Allah, the Exalted

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:15pm

The Qur'an: The Blessed Book

When you recite the Qur'an and contemplate its meanings, you take a positive step towards achieving happiness.

Allah described the Qur'an as being guidance, light, and a cure for what is in the breasts of men. He also described it as being a mercy.

Reciting the Qur'an is blessed, as are acting upon it and turning to it for judgement and guidance.

A righteous person (and many have had a similar experience) once said:

"I felt like a cloud of depression and anxiety was hanging over me. I picked up the Qur'an and I read it for a period of time. Then, by Allah, the depression and anxiety disappeared and happiness along with tranquility took their place."

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Rob2009  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Rob2009 Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:56pm
Assalamu Aleikum Brother Tarek,

I copied the quote below from your response Al-Cordoby, because the words are so concise and true for me.   Reading holy words  of the Qu'ran appear to put the breath of Allah into our souls, and lift our minds and hearts to right places and thinking.  Thank you for this wonderful piece:

"I felt like a cloud of depression and anxiety was hanging over me. I picked up the Qur'an and I read it for a period of time. Then, by Allah, the depression and anxiety disappeared and happiness along with tranquility took their place."

Wassalamu Aleikum
Robert

Allahumma innaka 'Afuwwun tuhibb al'afwa fa'fu 'anni     (O Allah! Thou art the greatest forgiver. Thou love to forgive: do forgive me.)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2009 at 12:47am
Don't be Angry

The Prophet, peace be upon him, advised one of his companions saying "Don't be Angry"

He repeated this three times. And when a man became angry in his presence, the Prophet ordered him to seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan

Anger is one of the factors that cause depression and sadness.

The following are some of the ways of controlling your anger:

1- Combat feelings of anger as if anger itself is your enemy

2- Make ablution. Since anger is an ember of the fire, it can be extinguished by water

3- If you are standing, sit: and if you are sitting, lie down

4- When you are angry remain silent

5- Remind yourself of the rewards of those who repress their anger and of those who forgive

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2009 at 2:21am

Doing Those Things That Bring You Peace

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim enumerated some of the factors that bring about tranquility

1- Islamic Monotheism, or worshipping Allah exclusively without associating any partners with him (in worship), and without associating any partners with Him in all qualities that belong to Him alone.

2- Useful knowledge, because the most happy, easy-going, and contented kind of person is the scholar

3- Good deeds. A good deed brings light both to the heart and to the face. Good deeds result in being blessed in one's sustenance, and the hearts of people are naturally attracted to the doer of good.

4- Bravery, for the courageous person is firm and strong and fears Allah alone. Difficulties and hardship neither shake nor disturb him.

5- Avoiding sins. Sinning ruins one's peace of mind and makes one feel lonely and in the dark

6- Not being extravagant in that which is lawful. In other words, one should be moderate in speaking, sleeping and mixing with people, and likewise one should be abstemious in one's eating habits

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2009 at 10:43pm

Pause to Reflect

There is none worthy of worship except Allah.

This means that none truly deserves, or has the right to be worshipped, except Allah, the Almighty, All-High, since He alone possesses those perfect qualities that are associated with omnipotence, divinity and godhood

The spirit and secret of this monotheistic phrase is to single out Allah for love, fear, hope, veneration, and glorification. It also includes our depending upon Allah and our repenting to Him. So our love is pure for none except Him, and everything other than Him is only loved as a by-product of our love for Him, or as a means for increasing our love for Him.

Therefore we must fear Allah Alone and depend upon Him Alone, in Him Alone do we place our hopes, and of Him Alone are we in awe. We take an oath by His name only, we repent to Him Alone; and all obedience is for Him.

In times of hardship we invoke none but Him, and we seek refuge in none save in Him.  

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:25pm
Contentment Repels Sadness

Upon you is a sacred duty to surrender yourself to what is preordained for you. If you fulfill this duty, you will be successful in the long run

Your only escape is to believe in preordainment, since whatever has been decreed must inevitably take place. No subterfuge or artifice can protect you from it.

(Source: Book titled "Don't Be Sad")

Doing one's best and accepting Allah's decree is an important key to tranquility and inner peace

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:36pm

The Benefits of Reading

1- Reading repels anxiety and grief

2- While busy reading, one is prevented from delving into falsehood ...

5- Reading helps to develop the mind and to purify its thoughts

6- Reading increases one in knowledge and improves both memory and understanding

7- By reading, one benefits from the experiences of others: the wisdom of the wise and the knowledge of the scholars ...

9- One's faith will increase when one reads beneficial books

10- Reading helps to relax one's mind from distraction and to save one's time from being wasted

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 May 2009 at 11:31pm

Do not be Sad: Select for yourself that which Allah has chosen for you

Stand if He causes to stand, and sit if He orders you to sit.

Show patience if He has made you to be poor and be thankful if He makes you to be rich.

Do not be sad and overlook the actions of others

They can lay no claim on giving benefit or harm, death or life, reward or punishment

Ibraheem ibn Adham said:

"We live such a life (of amazing pleasure in the worship of Allah) that if the kings knew about it, they would fight us over it with swords."

Ibn Taymiyah said:

"Sometimes the heart is in such a state, that I say: if the people of Paradise experience this then they indeed have a wonderful life"

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 84 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version