Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Introductions
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Introductions
Message Icon Topic: I would like to convert, but... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
iafiaf
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote iafiaf Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:49pm
asalammualaykum Wavefield.
may god bless you and i hope you heart fills with TRUE guidance inshallah. dont worry about what your parents say for the moment just open your heart out to the truth and follow it, and indeed all that worry will soon fade. and pray inshallah that your parents hearts open out to true guidance too inshallah.
If your parents truely love you they will support all your decisons, they will support every step you take, every move you make. so dont worry be happy with yourself because you HAVE CHOSEN TO EXCEPT TRUE FAITH and you have chosen the RIGHT WAY OF LIFE.

allahuakbar.(Allah is the Greatest)

Chapter 2, surah bakarah (the heifer) verse 115 To God belong the East and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is God's countenance. For God is all-Embracing, all-Knowing.

i sent this website before and im sending it again just as a reminder. it has the quran transalated in English and you can read all the surahs(chapters).
http://www.jannah.org/qurantrans/

remember never despair if you do not understand at first just carry on reading, read until you do understand.
at first when i read the quran in english i did not understand what it ment that much, but as i carried on reading i did understand and my heart opened out to the truth.
evrey verse of the quran has profund meaning and it is so beautiful FULL of guidance and a TRUE WAY OF LIFE it is the TRUTH from the lord Almighty.

khudahafiz.
may peace be with you.
May peace be with everyone.
May Allah grant us all jannah al firdaus. Amen.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Wavefield  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Wavefield Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2009 at 6:04pm
I haven't been to the Raleigh mosque before, but my Muslim friends all go there, and sometimes the Cary mosque.

Friday sometime this month maybe!!
The wave effect!!!
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Forum Rating: 123
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:49pm
The Cary mosque is kind of nice--the people there are nice. I don't like it so much though because there's no way for me (as a woman) to see the imam. The Raleigh mosque is more open and accommodating for women who want to see, or don't want to be seen.

The Raleigh mosque has a basketball court too.

Not sure if you knew, but there's a class at the Raleigh mosque for non-Muslims on Sundays 2-3:30pm, and there's a class for new Muslims also around the same time.

That class actually just finished (it was called 'Essentials of Islam') but we're working on trying to develop a follow-up asap to continue.

If you want to come this weekend, on Sunday, they are going to do a review for a little while and then there is a potluck lunch afterwards. You should come! The more the merrier.
iloveislam  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote iloveislam Replybullet Posted: 12 March 2009 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Wavefield

Hi, i would like to ask a quick question. actually two.1: Is it necessary to say shahada at a mosque?2: I talked with my parents again, this time seriously mentioning converting. They said that i may think that Islam is the right religion, but i should give it a good while to think about this. I know i should convert asap, but i need some advice, maybe from people who were once in the same situation.-Wavefield

Do not fear your parents, in fact be patient and merciful to them.

At the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) when people used to revert to Islam then that meant a loss of family for them, loss of money and at times even death. Situations then were more difficult than now. However they still chose to revert to Islam because they would not fear the people but only fear Allah.

After declaring the shahada it is recommended that you have a bath. That bath is known as 'ghusl' in Arabic and is done in a specific manner.

Let me know once you have declared your shahada, as it makes me so happy.

Also if you have any questions then please feel free to ask.

Wavefield  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Wavefield Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2009 at 3:32pm
hi again.

i was thinking of going to the Raleigh Mosque this friday, the 27th!

can anyone tell me what worship is like?
The wave effect!!!
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:01pm
Suuuuuure!

A friend of mine is planning to say her shahadah this Friday (27th) after 3rd shift Jummuah inshaaAllah.

Let me describe regular prayers for you first, and then Friday jummah services.

Here is a link to a document prepared by the Raleigh Masjid on how to pray--it describes the prayer as well as the purification before prayer.

On any day except for Friday, everyone prays downstairs on the first floor. The main entrance is the one with the glass doors--you enter into the lobby. The bathrooms are down the hallway to your left.  Now, of the four sets of double doors in front of you (if you just walked into the lobby), the one on the far right leads into the main prayer hall, which is where the men pray. Sometimes the second door to the right also leads into that hall with a rack for shoes, while there are some other shoe racks down the hallways with the bathrooms.

The two sets of double doors on the right lead into the room behind the musallah (it's called the "old musallah" sometimes). You'll see women go in those doors, and there is a wall 2/3 of the way in that the women go behind to pray, where there is a room with carpet for them and open in front so they can see the imam.

If a person has wudhu, he'll put his shoes on the racks and then go into the musallah to pray. The muadhdhin will make the call to prayer when the time comes in, after which some people might perform extra/voluntary prayers. They'll pray behind some object--perhaps the wall or a pillar or a chair or their keys--don't walk between them and that object. If there is nothing in front of them, still try not to walk in front of them if you can avoid it.

After some time, the muadhdhin will make the "iqama" which is when the prayer actually starts. You'll see brothers lining up in the very front of the hall (walking in, the "front" is to the right, i.e., the wall with windows.) They will form a row that spans the length of the room, and when that row is full they will start a 2nd row--starting immediately behind the imam (leader of the prayer, who is in front of the first row.) When the imam calls "Allahu Akbar" the prayer has begun--people come in late and keep filling in the rows.

Some people perform extra prayers after that as well.

Now, if you go to the prayer on Firday, especially jummu'ah, you'll notice that there will be carpets laid out in the "old musallah" so you can enter through any of the four sets of double doors, after putting your shoes on the racks (which will be in the lobby.) There are three shifts (technically four, but the 4th is mostly for the youth), the times listed on the website (http://islam1.org). The service starts with the adhan, which will happen at the time on the website (i.e., 11:00am, 12:15, or 1:30pm). Then the speaker will stand up on the podium and give a speech, usually broken into two parts. Many of the speakers at the Raleigh masjid give a talk in Arabic for the first half of the time, then in English the second half.

It's typical to pray two cycles of prayer before sitting in the masjid so you'll see people doing that--even if they come in late. After the sermon, there is another call to prayer, (iqamah) while everyone stands up and starts forming rows, and then there's a short 2-cycle prayer.

I think I covered all the basics there... sorry if I forgot something. Will you be attending during the Jummah services or at night? If you want I can have a brother meet you there, just let me know ahead of time.
Wavefield  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Wavefield Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2009 at 5:23pm
hi

I will probably attend Jummah, not the night services. Thanks for offering to send a guide, but some of my friends go to the Raleigh Mosque and they told me they would be there.

Thank you for the link to the prayer description as well, that will make things much easier.

-wavefield

Edited by Wavefield - 25 March 2009 at 5:26pm
The wave effect!!!
fatimahjanu  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote fatimahjanu Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:05am
salam brother and welcome to the forum

i know how you feel brother as iam a christian revert to islam as well.
my parents had a verry hard time to accept the fact that i reverted .and they still havent accepted it fully after 3 years...but they take things slowly..and insha Allah one day Allah will also guide them to the right path.
if you are ready ti say your shahada then do it and Allah will help you.
when you do so try to treat your parents the best way and show them that you love them and its still you and not a stranger...
i wish you best of luck brother.
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2009 at 12:26pm
Wavefield--did you make it to the service on Friday? What did you think?
Wavefield  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Wavefield Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2009 at 3:12pm
I wasn't able to go! I'm really disappointed, but next friday is when i can come!

i'll convert then. i'm looking forward to it.
The wave effect!!!
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2009 at 3:01pm
That's too bad you couldn't come but great you've decided to convert! Do you mean this Friday, April 3rd? That would be awesome--come to 3rd shift if you can, there's gonna be a really great lecture and speaker inshaaAllaah. 
Wavefield  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Wavefield Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2009 at 6:03pm
Yes, April third! i'll try to go to the third shift, can you tell me what the lecture is about?
The wave effect!!!
Ibn Al-Akwa  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Ibn Al-Akwa Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2009 at 8:46pm
Brother you are a Muslim.... Taking your Shahadah is just going to make this official.... The main thing is that you have the intention of it.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Islam.  May Allah make this journey easy for you.

PS: Salaam Amy.... been a while... I pray you are well.. I still visit your blog regularly.

Edited by Ibn Al-Akwa - 01 April 2009 at 8:46pm
8:36: Indeed, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to avert [people] from the way of Allah. So they will spend it; then it will be for them a [source of] regret; then they will be overcome.
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2009 at 2:14pm
Yayy! They haven't announced what the lecture will be for the 3rd shift, you can always check at islam1.org. But knowing him, it will probably be something about the Qur'an, possibly about the Arabic language also. Should be great inshaaAllaah. He's one of my favorite speakers. 

Wasalaam, Hameed, I'm fine and hope you are too. Leave a comment sometime!
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version