Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Adultery (Definition & Punishment in Isla(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 123
bullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 2:48pm
Mariah, the Copt, is an honored woman in Islam, and she was the mother of the son of the Prophet Muhammad (saws), whose name was Ibraheem. The Prophet's (saws) relationship with her added to the richness of Islam by showing that he accepted a Christian woman into his family.

I've read the story that Hafsa was upset by the Prophet (saws) being intimate with Mariah in her bed, but what was it that upset Hafsa? The Prophet (saws) being intimate, or doing so with another woman in Hafsa's bed? Clearly it was the latter, that it was in Hafsa's bed, because the Prophet (saws) had many wives besides Hafsa and we don't see her raising objections to the Prophet's intimacy with them, do we?

Moreover, there are examples of the Companions of the Prophet (saws) being intimate with captive women without it ever being called adultry. And clearly one who reads the Qur'an to understand what adultery is, would know that the Prophet's (saws) relationship with Maria was not that at all.

She was either (1) a captive woman with whom the Prophet (saws) was intimate, or (2) a freed wife of the Prophet (saws). And in either case there would be no adultery.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 10:37pm
hi all... wasallamualaikum,

إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ]
[وَالْمُحْصَنَـتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ]
Yes, I read Al Quran everyday and I understand the meaning.

Because I understand the meaning, that's why I ask the sensitive question.

If our Prophet and his soldiers (who rape the jewish women in Khaibar war) are permitted by Allah, then it is legal or halal for a muslim to rape kafirun girls.

I am the witness of the group raping in Jakarta in 1998. I saw muslims were raping the kafirun women. While they 'humilated' the kafirun women, they said loudly 'Allah hu akbar'.

It is a very shameful thing and I'm rethinking who is Allah whom I pray everyday in my sholat? Why Allah permit His followers to do such a satanic actions??? 

Again, this become 'sunah' for muslims in my hometown. I routinely heard from our Imam that do 'satanic things' to kafirun are halal and permitted by Allah.

I do not know what I shall do, I have friends from different background and religion. They are nice and friendly persons. But why they have to be treated like that??? Fyi, my christian friends became the rape victims in the 'satanic' accident.

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
bullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 10:52pm
That is a wrong understanding sister

Slavery has been abolished, and Islam opened the gates wide open for its eradication

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 1:49am
hi all... wasallamualaikum...

So does it mean that if it was halal in Jahiliah time, now it is haram / forbiden in our time???

Now in our time, if a muslim cheated (told a lie) to his wife and then have sex with her servant, can it be categorised as adultery?
(*plz answer : Yes, it is adultery  OR  No, it is not adultery)

If a muslim rape a kafirun girl, is it adultery?

I really want to know the answer. Btw, sorry for the irritating statements.

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:42am
Once again, if you want to understand nabillah, slavery existed before Islam

It was a fact of life, and slaves were all over the world

Eradicating slavery could not be done over-night, and Islam opened the door for eliminating slavery in a gradual way. Today slavery no longer exists in the world, and it is thanks to Islam that we have reached this phase

The same happened with the prohibition of alcohol, it was a gradual process which lasted 15 years. During the first 15 years, drinking alcohol was not haram

After that it became haram when the final verse from The Qur'an that prohibited alcohol was revealed

It's the same with slavery

Can you understand?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 3:36am

wasallamualaikum Al Cordoby,

Once again & again, I'm not interested in slavery (please refer to the title of the topic). I'm only interested in adultery.

I still haven't got any answers for the following questions:

a) If a muslim cheated (told a lie) to his wife and then have sex with her servant, can it be categorised as adultery?

b) If a muslim rape a kafirun girl, is it adultery?

Those are my questions & please don't explain me the alcohol & slavery things as we all agree that alcohol & slavery are not permitted in Islam. Sorry for the stressing of the statement as I want to make sure that you really understand the questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:02am
wasallamualaikum,

Thanks Aviatrix for your explaination.

Btw, Hafsa was upset because the Prophet told lie to her (*I believe you already know the story / hadist). And the Prophet promised to not touch Hafsa's servant/slave (Mariah) again. But the Prophet broke his own promise and he still intimate with Mariah till she pregnant and gave a son whose name was Ibrahim. (*unfortunately Ibrahim died when he was reaching year 2).

If this case happen in our time :

Mrs. Abdullah was upset because Mr. Abdullah told lie to her. Mr. Abdullah promise to not touch Miss Servant again. But Mr. Abdullah broke his own promise and he make Miss Servant pregnant.  Can it be categorised as adultery??

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
Moby1
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:24pm
HI Al,
Nice to meet you. I have a question. Why would Mohammed not realize that sex with a slave is wrong or for that matter slavery is wrong if he was from God? Thanks. I have been lurking for a while. Great to meet you all.

Moby
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 8:50pm
Hello Moby and welcome to the forum

When Maria gave a son, she became free

This practice was the custom of all people at the time, including God's past prophets, like Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, with Hagar

Islam gave a way out from slavery, and the example was set by Prophet Muhammad for the eradication of slavery, which eventually took place as the Qur'an encouraged Muslims to free their slaves

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:49pm

wasallamualaikum Al Cordoby,

I understand why you are reluctant to answer my sensitive questions, I believe you are afraid to tell the objective. You are trying to escape with the eradication things, which means that the ayats in Al Quran will 'eradicate' according to the current condition & depend on the interpretation of muslim (not muslimah). 

So what the impact of the ayats for current muslims & muslimahs??
Since there is no slavery in most countries, then is the ayat still valid?? Is it still halal for a muslim to rape a kafirun women??? Is it still halal for a muslim to treat the kafirun badly??? Is it still halal for a muslim to cheat his wife and then have sex with her servant???

Just several hours ago, the bomb blast killed more than 10 innocent people in my home town (pls see CNN for the detail). A week ago 100 ton of bomb was found in the madrasah / islamic boarding school and ready to be sent to kafirun. I believe my brother muslims use the ayat to justify their action to attact the kafirun. May the 'real' Allah gives us the right path and avoid us from following the satanic ways. I pray for the unfortunate victims (regardless of their religion), may Allah recieves them in heaven and punish the wrong doers. Amin.

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
bullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:53pm
The answer to your questions is no

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 17 July 2009 at 1:07am
hi all... wasallamuaikum,

So Al Cordoby agreed that this ayat / verses are not valid in our time??

إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ]
[وَالْمُحْصَنَـتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ

Some muslims still implement this ayat for the justification of their adultery.
The mass rape to kafirun women in Indonesia could not be processed because the doers are muslim and the victims are kafirun. And again the doers believe they are permitted by 'Allah' and it is stated in the ayat.

Hundred of Indonesian female workers are being raped in Saudi Arabia because their male boss use the ayat to justify their wrong doing. The male boss hide behind this ayat and they cannot be accused with Indonesian or secular civil law.

The impact of the ayat is significant but in the negative side. My friends (muslim) believe that all ayats in Al Quran are valid until now (*valid forever).

So if we said that what the Prophet had done to Siti Hafsa (tell lie) and done to Mariah (had sex without the permittion of the master, Siti Hafsa) are halal, then the muslim will happily follow it (as sunah). This is not a status matter (slave, servant, helper) but this is a matter of how you respect your wife and your servant. Again, respecting your servant is not by raping her.

Do we ever understand the feeling of Siti Hafsa, when she saw the Prophet cheated her at the night of her turn??? Can we imagine how Siti Hafsa angry when the Prophet broke his promise to not touch Mariah???

Do we ever understand the feeling of khaibar's jewish females, when they were raped by the muslim soldiers at the same day they saw the killings of their husbands???

Having sex with the females (not wife) regardless of her religion, position or status is still adultery. Are we all agree???

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
bullet Posted: 17 July 2009 at 1:59am
<< Some muslims still implement this ayat for the justification of their adultery >>

They are wrong

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

cinta_nabillah  
Freshman
Freshman
bullet Posted: 17 July 2009 at 4:55am

wasallamualaikum,

Satan / syaitan hide behind the ayat.

Adultery can be permitted with condition (*justification of wrong doing).

Rape can be permitted to free the slave (*satanic justification).

Killing can be permitted with condition (*justification of wrong doing).

Now we are agree that tell lie to your wife and have sex with her servant is Adultery. (*my muslim brothers, please don't follow it or make it as sunah)

Now we are agree that Raping a female is Adultery, no matter her status, religion, nationality, position etc. So what the muslim soldiers had done to jewish females in Khaibar is adultery. May Allah forgive the soldiers and give peace to the victims.

I also pray that Allah will forgive my muslim friends whom attacted the kafirun in the Jakarta bomb blast this morning. May Allah also forgive my muslim brothers and give peace to the innocent victims. Amin.

Thanks & Regards,
Cinta

Feminist in Islam
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version