Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Healing Power of Faith Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2015 at 6:08pm
“Being mortal is about the struggle to cope with the constraints of our biology, with the limits set by genes and cells and flesh and bone. Medical science has given us remarkable power to push against these limits, and the potential value of this power was a central reason I became a doctor. But again and again, I have seen the damage we in medicine do when we fail to acknowledge that such power is finite and always will be. We’ve been wrong about what our job is in medicine. We think our job is to ensure health and survival. But really it is larger than that. It is to enable well-being. And well-being is about the reasons one wishes to be alive. Those reasons matter not just at the end of life, or when debility comes, but all along the way. Whenever serious sickness or injury strikes and your body or mind breaks down, the vital questions are the same: What is your understanding of the situation and its potential outcomes? What are your fears and what are your hopes? What are the trade-offs you are willing to make and not willing to make? And what is the course of action that best serves this understanding?”

"A few conclusions become clear when we understand this: that our most cruel failure in how we treat the sick and the aged is the failure to recognize that they have priorities beyond merely being safe and living longer; that the chance to shape one’s story is essential to sustaining meaning in life; that we have the opportunity to refashion our institutions, our culture, and our conversations in ways that transform the possibilities for the last chapters of everyone’s lives.”

― Atul Gawande, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 02 April 2015 at 6:35pm
The headline on the ad promoting your seminar is, “There’s a Spiritual Solution to Ever Problem,” which is also the title of your new book. I’m reminded of H. L. Mencken’s quote, “For every difficult and complex problem, there is a solution that is easy, simple and wrong.” How does one begin the process of finding the right solution, the spiritual solution to a problem?

Wayne Dyer: I think one does it by recognizing that problems are only things that exist because of the way we process our lives and everything that happens in our world. We need to learn to process things in a different way. I always think of everything in terms of energy. To me, problems represent living in a world of low energy. When you bring higher energy to the presence of lower energy, it dissolves it, it dissipates it, it can’t survive. That’s why I based the second half of the hook upon the prayer of St. Francis:

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace; Where there is hatred
let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; and Where there is sadness, joy.
Oh divine Master, grant that I may not so much Seek to he consoled as to console;
To he understood as to understand; To he loved (is to love.
For it is in giving that w receive, It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Each one of those first seven lines is the title of a chapter in the book. What he’s saying is that darkness is a lower energy than light, and when you bring light to the presence of darkness you don’t have to warn it, you don’t have to tell it that it has to get away. It can’t survive. Light dissolves darkness. And so does love dissolve hate and so does joy dissolve sadness and so does faith dissolve doubt and so on. And once we begin to put our problems into that context, we see that the slowest and lowest energies are the energies of the world of the solid, where everything that we call problems exist. And if we can bring spiritual energy, which is love, kindness, forgiveness and so on, to the problem, we can dissolve it. It's really just a matter of changing our mind about how we are going to process the events in our lives.

A Course in Miracles states, “You don’t have any problems, though you think you do.” The Course teaches us that these things we call problems are just our ways of processing things in our lives. The opening line of Genesis in the Old Testament says, “In the beginning, God created heaven and earth,” and then 31 lines later it says, “And all that God created was good.” So if God created everything and everything God created was good, disease and disharmony and disorder and all the things we cu1 problems are really something that can’t exist except in our mind when we separate ourselves from God.

So is it a matter of reframing problems and seeing them as opportunities for growth?

Dyer: Right, but I wouldn’t even call them problems. I think of it in terms of what kind of energy am 1 bringing to it? Am I putting my attention on what I don’t want, on what always has been, on suffering, on disease? Because what we think about expands.

(Abraham) Maslow taught me, years and years ago, that when you’re working with a patient, never let them spend more than a few moments on the problem, because what you think about is what expands, and if they’re talking about the problem all the time, when they leave your session, the problem will expand. Get ‘em to put their attention on what they intend to create, or on solutions.

I call it rewriting your agreement with reality. You’re making a new commitment to what your world is going to he and how connected you’re going to he to your Source, to God and to a higher energy or whatever you want to call it. And knowing that, you can call upon that at any given moment in your life.

There’s a difference between knowing God and knowing about God. Knowing about God is all of the stuff we’ve been told and all of the books we’ve read and all of our religious experiences and what others have told us and tried to convince us of. But knowing God is when we make conscious contact. And that’s why making conscious contact is such an important part of the healing process.

In the world of healing, when a knowing confronts a belief in a disease process, the knowing will always triumph. It takes an abandonment of tribal consciousness to get to a place where you can say, “I know I can heal myself.” It’s a banishment of all doubt.

What’s the first step somebody can take to get to that place?

Dyer: The first step is to turn your life and your problem over to making conscious contact with God. Turning it over to God, saying, “I am connected to God and I am going to turn this thing over, because I don’t know how to deal with it myself.” And then to get quiet and peaceful and meditate.

www.edgemagazine.net/2002/03/spiritual-solutions

Edited by a well wisher - 02 April 2015 at 6:38pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2015 at 4:55pm
“Too often we understand our sorrows, our pain, our suffering in terms of guilt. As if he had to pay. The teaching is sometimes the exact opposite… “God tests those He loves” is not a call not to cultivate our guilt but to think our spiritual strength, our ability to rise to the challenge, to nurture our trust in Him. Suffering and pain then do not reveal the guilt of a victim. Rather, they are awakening a responsible consciousness that calls each of us to stand up, to resist and overcome suffering. As a free and humble soul who resists, not as a passive victim who complains.”

—Dr.Tariq Ramadan
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2018 at 1:39am

Grief

This is one word that comes to mind today along with heartbreak. Today I woke up to the news that my niece, only 1 week old, had taken her final breath and departed from this world. Doctors had worked tirelessly to try and save her, but medical complications and more importantly the will of Allāh, the Exalted, would prevail - exactly how it is meant to.

Trying to let the reality sink in - I just felt numb. It then dawned on me that at sometime today I would have to face members of my family and would have to try and offer words of consolation and condolence. This filled me with a sense of dread, it’s easy to write things - then edit, google and alter - but words that are uttered matter. I felt my words would be empty, lacking in worth, I wrangled with my inability to intellectualize the phrases that mattered - when I needed them most, it seemed I would be betrayed by my own heart and mind. I mean what does one say to a mother that has lovingly carried her child for months, only to be left with an empty cradle? For some reason I remembered a poem by Heaney called ‘Mid-Term Break’ where an older brother shares his own grief at the lost of his baby brother. My heart sank, and the grief intensified. Grief stems from an Old French word griever meaning ‘to burden’ - and when something burdens something or someone they begin to contract, emotionally, and at times physically too. So I did what I always do when in dire need for help, I closed my eyes started with a Fātiḥah and then a ṣalawāt - I then recalled that it wasn’t about me at all, it never was. I was reminded that our tradition is not one of contraction but expansion - “Have We not expanded for you your breast?” [94:1], I was reminded that our Majestic Lord does not burden a soul with more than it can bear, I was reminded that our beloved Prophet (ﷺ) would console others even when his own heart was broken. Subḥan’Allāh.

The thing about mercy, particularly Prophetic mercy is that it is ceaseless - it continually churns out mercy for all - at every single moment of our lives: joy, distress, anguish, pain, bliss - it’s present in every moment of our lives. Jabir ibn ‘Abdullāh said, “I heard the Messenger of Allāh (ﷺ), say, ‘If anyone has three of his children die young and resigns them to Allāh, he will enter the Garden.’ We said, ‘Messenger of Allāh, what about two?’ ‘And two,’ he said.” Maḥmūd ibn Labīd said to Jabir, “By Allāh, I think that if you had asked, ‘And one?’ he (ﷺ) would have given a similar answer.” He said, “By Allāh, I think so too.” [Bukhārī, al-Adab al-Mufrad]

Khālid al-Absi said, "A son of mine died and I felt intense grief over his loss. I said, ‘Abū Hurayrah, have you heard anything from the Prophet (ﷺ) to cheer us regarding our deceased?’ He replied, 'I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) say, 'Your children are roaming freely in the Garden.’” [Ibid]

Our scholars mention that children who pass away at a young age will intercede for their parents and lead them into the Garden on the Day of Judgement. This life is cluttered with infirmity and trials, but the next is one of prodigious bounty, and perpetual joy for those that attain the Garden. It is so vast and astonishing that when the believer is asked if they experienced any difficulty in this world they will reply "No, O Lord.”

At our darkest, deepest and bleakest of moments the words, teachings, and way of our Prophet (ﷺ) shine through, always. They are truly a gift from Allāh, Exalted be He, of His never decreasing Bounty, a reminder of our ignorance and an affirmation of His Limitless Reality.

May peace and blessing be upon the Prophet (ﷺ) - do remember my family in your prayers, especially the parents. And Allāh alone knows best.

http://theconsciousmuslim.tumblr.com/page/6

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2018 at 1:08am

Maya Angelou "God Loves Me"

Find out what prayer means to her, where she feels most at peace and what she knows for sure.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 January 2019 at 2:23am

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf - Mindfulness and Being Present in the Moment

(About 8 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2019 at 1:28pm

Healing with No Side-Effects

Bruce Lipton, PhD from an interview at the Freedom for Family Wellness Summit in Washington, DC, in October 2010.

(About 3 mins)

Dr. Lipton has taken his award-winning medical school lectures to the public and is currently a sought after keynote speaker and workshop presenter. He lectures to conventional and complementary medical professionals and lay audiences about leading-edge science and how it dovetails with mind-body medicine and spiritual principles. He has been heartened by anecdotal reports from hundreds of former audience members who have improved their spiritual, physical and mental well being by applying the principles he discusses in his lectures. He is regarded as one of the leading voices of the new biology.

(About 4 mins)

Edited by a well wisher - 04 January 2019 at 1:39pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 05 January 2019 at 2:07pm

Gary Zukav and Linda Francis: Preview of Healing With The Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14eRrVPSCEU

(About 2 mins)

Psychology – Healing A Shattered Soul- Gary Zukav

The transformation of human consciousness we are experiencing brings multisensory perception to how we understand and heal ourselves.

(About 5 mins)

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2019 at 8:49am

Steep Your Soul : Pema Chodron's Morning Ritual | SuperSoul Sunday | Oprah Winfrey Network

Buddhist teacher Pema Chodron describes her 'made-up' morning ritual, and discover seven things that she says soothe her soul (one of which causes her and Oprah to share a big laugh). Plus, Pema reveals the advice she would give to her younger self, a very confused person for whom she says she now has much sympathy.

(About 4 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 08 January 2019 at 2:02pm

The Book of Awakening-Mark Nepo

Oprah shares one of her favorite passages from The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo. Plus, Mark gives an example of how he used the wisdom of the passage in his own life.

(About 4 mins)

Poet and best-selling author says there are many ways to grow as human beings, but there are only two universal experiences: Either we are broken open or we willfully shed what isn't working in our lives.

(About 3 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2019 at 1:47pm

Your Life Is Not About You | Neale Donald Walsch

What if there was a simple key to discovering your life purpose? In this video, Neale Donald Walsch, best-selling author of Conversations With God, gives you that key.

(About 6 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 14 January 2019 at 3:08pm
The seeds of wisdom, peace, and wholeness are within each of our difficulties. Our awakening is possible in every activity. At first we may sense this truth only tentatively. With practice it becomes living reality. Our spiritual life can open a dimension of our being where each person we meet can teach us like the Buddha and whatever we touch becomes gold. To do this we must make our very difficulties the place of our practice. Then our life becomes not a struggle with success and failure but a dance of the heart. It is up to us. Once”

Jack Kornfield,A Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life

What It Means to Live an Awakened Life

(2 mins)

Making Your Heart a "Zone of Peace"

(2 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2019 at 1:04am

Abdal Hakim Murad: Medical Benefits of the Sunnah

(93 mins)
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2019 at 1:41pm

Wayne Dyer Serving Others

(3 mins)

Gratitude by Wayne Dyer
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version