Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: An Inspiring Friday Speech Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2010 at 2:32am

Compassionate Orthodoxy

A Friday speech by Sheikh Suhaib Webb on the responsibility of da'wah and its duty in Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47oCinTh9Lk&feature=channel

(24 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2010 at 6:53pm
Prophetic Manners

In this khutba Sh. Abdal Hakim Murad illustrates the high Islamic principle of adab (loosely translated as 'manners') with examples drawn from the rich tapestry of prophetic stories woven into the Qur'an. We learn how Ayyub (Job) is exiled from his loved ones, how Ibrahim (Abraham) receives unexpected desert visitors, how Isa (Jesus) is questioned over that which others ascribe to him, how Musa (Moses) was met with unexpected rewards in exile, may Allah be pleased with them all. These ancient examples of profound adab before a breakthrough moment is what we are called on to emulate in this present day and age.
The last of the emissaries of Allah - after the tribulations of Taif, the death of his uncle and patron, his wife, his son and the persecution of his enemies, Prophet Muhammad - may Allah grant him His blessings and peace - was able to say Allahumma la as'aluka radda-l qada', lakinni as'aluka lutfa fih" (O Allah, I ask that you do not change your decree, but that you be gentle with it".) This is the maqam an-nubuwwa, the station of prophethood.

Listen to this khutba

Download this khutba
(MP3, 39.3MB)

http://cambridgekhutbasetc.blogspot.com/2009/09/prophetic-manners.html

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2010 at 3:01am

Uncomparable Love - A Friday Speech by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi (Audio)

Sheikh Yasir gave this speech at the Islamic Foundation masjid, IL, Chicago in March 2008 on the status of parents in Islam

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2010 at 5:08am
A Friday Speech by Imam Suhaib Webb

The topic of this talk is (Keeping the Ramadan Momentum) starting with the story of Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, and how he used to honor his guests with generosity.

As the guest at the time of this speech was the month of Ramadan, brother Suhaib gives his advice on maintaining the momentum after Ramadan 

We still have nearly 4 months left before next Ramadan ...

Are we still maintaining the momentum from last Ramadan?

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 April 2010 at 12:43am
A Friday Speech by Imad Bayoun

This speech was last September by brother Imad at the Islamic Society of Corona-Norco

The topic of the speech is taqwa and being conscious of God and that He sees all what we do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvNTneVll6E&feature=related

(Part 1/2: 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:35am
A Friday Speech by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi

The topic of this khutba last September is the remembrance of Allah which is a sign of faith 

(Part 1: 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:22am
Friday sermon by Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad -
19 February 2010 - Cambridge, UK - 28 mins 15 secs

Ethics of Trade

What is the place of ethics in trade and business?

Judging by the exploitation of the developing world through 'free trade' or the disastrously amoral speculations of international banks, one might conclude there is no place for them. In this sermon, Sheikh Abdal Hakim reminds us that despite the example of the major economic forces around us, we each have individual responsibilities when we engage in any kind of trade. The benefits of the justice and fair dealing mandated for us by the example of Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings upon him) would of course have huge social benefits if all of us upheld them. But even more important than any worldly benefits of course, is Allah's reckoning of our dealings on the Last Day, when the everlasting profit or loss is accounted. May He forgive us our shortcomings and in His Mercy make the judgment easy upon us.

http://cambridgekhutbasetc.blogspot.com/search/label/khutbas

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:10am
Friday Sermon by Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad
Cambridge - UK - 25 mins

The Holy Qur'an commands those who believe to 'be supporters of Allah' (Al-Saff, verse 14), but what does that mean?

How is it possible for us, the created and dependent, to support Him who is uncreated, utterly independent and far beyond any need?

In this sermon, Sheikh Abdal Hakim explores this concept and relates it to the Qur'anic narration of the People of Israel, in particular what it means for a people to uphold what Allah has commanded, and the challenges and inward discipline and piety that weighty station requires.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 June 2010 at 12:54am

Hope and Reliance on God

A Friday speech in 2003 in Cambridge, UK, by Sheikh Abdel Hakim Murad where he reflects upon making a new start and how God may change the condition of anyone who humbly relies upon His Mercy.

He distinguishes between true hope and reliance on God (tawakkul) and false hope (tamanni) that is not underpinned by honest introspection, humility and repentance

(Audio - Part 1 - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2010 at 11:46pm
Patience Takes Courage

A Friday speech on patience by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf Hansen

(Please note that only the introduction of the speech is in Arabic, the first minute or so, and the rest of the speech is in English)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 July 2010 at 12:16am
The Pursuit of Happiness

Friday sermon (jum'ah khutba) by Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad - Cambridge - 21st May 2010 - 25 mins 46 secs

In this sermon, the Sheikh explores how the Glorious Names of Al-Qabid (The Constrictor) and Al-Basit (The Expander) reflect states that human beings naturally pass through and how these are spiritual extensions of the concepts of fear (khawf) and hope (rajaa') .

The Believer is one in whom these 2 states are in constant balance. Happiness and joy, thus, can only be fully appreciated after one has known fear and sadness and it is Allah (swt) who bestows the sakinah into the hearts of whomsoever He wishes.

http://cambridgekhutbasetc.blogspot.com/2010/06/pursuit-of-happiness.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2010 at 11:46pm
I posted this speech on another thread, but as it's such a good speech I've added here for the record

How to Unlock the iJannah

A Friday speech by Sheikh Suhaib Webb on April 23, 2010 at IIOC titled: "How to Unlock the iJannah"

"It's not a mystery how to unlock the iJannah. There's no ambiguity about how to open iJannah, how to enter iJannah and play with the unlimited number of apps found in iJannah." - Suhaib Webb

Sheikh Suhaib Webb briefly touches upon some of the descriptions of Paradise and how does one go about "unlocking" the doors to Paradise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPQ5rvASEs&feature=related

(34 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2010 at 12:30am

Arrogance and Taqwa

A talk followed by a Friday speech by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf in 2009 on arrogance and God consciousness (Taqwa)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3p7bG0ZdYY

(Part 1 - Audio - 10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 July 2010 at 1:30am

Where Is The Satisfaction In Life?

by Sheikh Yasir Qadhi

The topic of this Friday talk is what makes one attain tranquility and inner peace and be satisfied in life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBJhcGrpUk

(Part 1: 10 minutes)

(The introduction of the talk is in Arabic during the first minute, but the rest of the speech is in English)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version