Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Sermons Of The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2009 at 7:59pm

Sermon Fifteen: The Best and the Wisest

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) delivered a sermon which made people cry and feel concerned. I remember the following portion from it:

O people! The best person is an exalted person who humbles himself and shuns worldly pleasure while he is wealthy and submits to justice while he is powerful and perseveres when he is able to fight back.

And the best among people is an 'Abd (servant of Allah) who acquires sufficient means for living in this world, and shrinks from indecency, and supplies himself with provision for an (eternal) trip, and prepares himself for moving.

Indeed, the wisest among people in an 'Abd who knows his Lord and obeys Him and knows his enemy (Satan) and disobeys him, and knows his eternal abode and prepares it and knows the closeness of his journey and he prepares his provision for it. Indeed, the best provision is that accompanied with Taqwa (piety), and the best action is that preceded by Niyyah (good intention). The person who has the highest status with Allah is the one who fears Him the most.

Edited by a well wisher - 03 September 2009 at 7:59pm
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2009 at 2:06pm

Sermon Sixteen: Fighting Uncertainty, Lust and Anger

Abu Hurairah(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

People will be undermined on the Day of Judgment by one of three things:

1.Either by uncertainty in the religion to which they committed their lives,

2.Or by a lust which they chose,

3.Or by an anger for personal pride.

If you meet uncertainty, clear it with certainty, and if lust faces you, wipe it with abstinence, and if you are faced with anger, protect yourselves from it with forgiveness.

On the Day of Judgment a herald will call, any one who has a reward from Allah let him stand up! Those who forgave others, stand up.

Don't you see the saying of Allah, the Exalted: "Whoever forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah." (ash-Shura 42:40)

Edited by a well wisher - 04 September 2009 at 2:08pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2009 at 1:33pm

Sermon Seventeen: Sufficiency and Abundance

'Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

Allah (Glorified and High) says, 'O son of Adam! You are given your sustenance every day, none the less you are sad. And every day your life gets shorter, nonetheless you are happy.

You have what suffices you, but you seek what makes you rebellious.

The little does not content you, and the abundance does not satisfy you.

Verily, if you are secure in your home, and your body is healthy, and you have food enough for one day, it is as if you gained the whole world.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:20pm

Sermon Eighteen: The Price of Forgiveness

Abu Hurairah(ra) said: One day while the Prophet(pbuh) was sitting around, he started laughing. He was asked,

'What makes you laugh, O Messenger of Allah?'

He(pbuh) said:
Two men of my Ummah knelt down in front of my Lord, the Exalted, and one of them said, 'My Lord! Restore for me my rights from my brother.'

Allah Ta'ala said, 'Give your brother back his rights.'

He said, 'O Lord! Nothing is left of my good deeds.'

The complainer, 'Lord! Let him carry some of my sins.'

At that moment, the Prophet's eyes overflowed with tears, then he said,

'Indeed, that day is an awesome day where people need their sins to be carried for them.'

Then he said: Allah Ta'ala said to the complainer, 'Raise your head up and look at the gardens!'

And he raised his head up, and saw what overwhelmed him of goods and grace, and he said, 'Lord! For whom is all this?'

The Lord, 'For whoever pays Me its price.'

The complainer, 'Lord! Who has that (price)?'

The Lord, 'You.'

The complainer, 'With what?'

The Lord, 'With the forgiveness of your brother.'

The complainer, 'Lord! I forgive him.'

The Lord, 'Hold the hand of your brother and enter Paradise both of you.'

Then, the Prophet(pbuh)recited:

'Keep your duty to Allah, and adjust the matter of your difference.'

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2009 at 3:51pm

Sermon Nineteen: Fear and Security

Anas ibn Malik(ra)said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh)was asked, 'Who are those Awliya' (patrons) of Allah, those who will have no fear or grief?' The Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said: They are those who look into the essence of worldly life while others look onto its surface.

And they worry about the delayed reward of this life, while others worry about its immediate reward.

And they kill of it what they fear will kill them.

And forsake of it what they know will forsake them.

Whenever any worldly matter jumps in their way they reject it. They abase any high rank worldly position which tries to dupe them.

Life to them is worn out but they do not renew it.

Their houses crumble and they do not reconstruct them. Love for their houses dies in their hearts but they do not revive it, rather they demolish it and build their Hereafter with it. They sell it and buy with it what will last for them.

They look at the people of this world falling down and they learn their lesson. Therefore, they do not find any security below for what they hoped for, nor a fear below for what they are worried about.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:36pm

Sermon Twenty: The Best Provision

Abu Hurairah(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

O people! Aren't you the successors of past generations, and the remnant of preceding peoples?

They were wealthier and stronger than you. They were chased away from this world when they were most relaxed in it. And it betrayed them when they trusted it the most. The might of their tribe did not help them, nor a ransom was accepted from them. Therefore, prepare a provision for yourselves before you will be taken by surprise while you are not ready (for journeying). Then, no regret will help after the pen became dry (i.e. your life is ended and your fate is sealed).

Edited by a well wisher - 10 September 2009 at 4:36pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 11 September 2009 at 5:04pm

Sermon Twenty-One: Anticipation

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said to me:

Be in this world as a stranger or a wayfarer and count yourself among the dead. If you wake up in the morning, don't think of the evening, and if you stay alive to the evening, don't think of the morning.

Save from your health to anticipate your sickness. And from your youth to your old age. And from your leisure to your occupation. And from your life to your death. And from your wealth to your poverty.

Indeed! You do not know what you will be called in the future. (i.e. you do not know if you will be called righteous or evil, believer or unbeliever, in the Hereafter.)

Edited by a well wisher - 11 September 2009 at 5:04pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2009 at 1:19am

Sermon Twenty-Two: Reckoning

'Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying in one of his sermons:

O people! Don't let your worldly life distract you from your life Hereafter. And do not prefer your desires over the obedience of your Lord. And do not make your oaths a medium to your sins. And reckon yourselves before you will be reckoned (on the Day of Judgment). And pave the road for it before you are punished. And prepare your provision before you are removed from this world.

Indeed! (The Day of Judgment) is a stand of justice and a paying of dues and an inquiry of a duty.

He who warns others exonerates himself from the blame of not warning.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2009 at 6:17pm

Sermon Twenty-Three: The Here and the Hereafter

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (ra)said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) when he left 'Uhud while the people surrounded him and he was leaning on Talhah, saying: O people! Embark on what you are charged with for the improvement of your Hereafter, and turn your backs to what you are guaranteed in your worldly matters. Do not use limbs that are nourished with His (Allah's) Grace to expose yourselves to His anger by disobeying Him. Get busy with seeking His Forgiveness. Concentrate your endeavor on getting closer to Him by obeying Him.

Indeed, he who starts his life with his portion of this world, his portion of the Hereafter will escape him and he will not seek whatever he desires of it (the Hereafter). And he who starts his life with his portion of the Hereafter, his portion of the world will accrue to him and he will attain whatever he desires of the Hereafter.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 14 September 2009 at 5:02pm

Sermon Twenty-Four: Beware of Excess

Abu Hurairah(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

Beware of the excess of food; indeed, the excess of food hardens the heart, and slows the limbs from obedience to Allah, and deafens the mind from hearing the admonition.

Beware of the excess of looking; indeed, it sows lust in the heart and creates foolishness.

Beware of being greedy because greed fills the hearts with strong avidity and seals the heart with the seal of the love of this world, and it is the key for bad deeds and the cause for foiling good deeds.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 15 September 2009 at 5:06pm

Sermon Twenty-Five: Truth and Falsehood

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar (ra)said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

O people! Truly, it is goodness which is to be hoped for, and evil which should be abandoned, and a known falsehood which is to be avoided, and an ascertained truth which is to be sought, and a very close Hereafter which is to be worked for, and a worldly life which is almost over; therefore, it is to be shunned.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2009 at 11:56pm

Sermon Twenty-Six: Adornment

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

Adorn yourselves with (Allah's) obedience, and put on the veil of the fear (of Allah). And make your Hereafter for yourselves, and strive for your final residence.

You should know that very soon you will depart (from this world) and you will end with Allah. Nothing will help you there except a good deed which you have sent ahead, or a good reward which you already gained.

Indeed, you will arrive at what you sent ahead of you, and you will be rewarded according to what you committed. Therefore, do not let the low adornments of this world deprive you of the high ranks in Paradise.

Faster than you expect, the veil and doubt will be removed (i.e. you will die) and each person will find his final abode.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2009 at 11:28pm

Sermon Twenty-Seven: Halting and Anticipating

Abu Hurairah(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said in one of his sermons:

O people! Do not be like the one who was deceived by this life and dazzled by hope, and misled by false hope, who settled in a fleeting abode which soon will be removed. Indeed, what is left of your world compared to what already has passed of its existence is like the rest of a traveler or the milking of a camel. Therefore, for what are you halting? and what are you anticipating? It is like seeing it before me, by Allah! that the delusion you are in will never be. Then be ready for the quickly coming move and prepare your provision for the trip. You should know that every human being will come to what he sent before him and will be sorry for what he left behind.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2009 at 6:15pm

Sermon Twenty-Eight: The Field of Action

'Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

O people! Hope is extended, death is advancing and the return (to the Lord) is the field of action. He who is happy with what he gained is a winner, and he who is distressed about what he missed is regretful.

O people! Indeed, greed is a poverty, renunciation is wealth, contentment is comfort, seclusion is a form of worship, work is a treasure, and the worldly life is a mine.

By Allah! It will not please me to have what has passed of your world for the fringes of my cloak: and what is left of it (this world) similar to what had passed exactly like the similarity of water to water. All will be exhausted very soon, so hurry (in doing good) while you still have time and you have stamina, before you lose your last breath. Then no remorse will help you.

<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version