Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Sermons Of The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3

Edited by a well wisher - 30 September 2009 at 5:40pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2009 at 2:10am

Sermon Twenty-Nine: Three Categories of the Ummah

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

My Ummah will be of three categories in this world:
  1. The first will have no desire in hoarding wealth and treasuring it. They do not work for owning and monopolizing it. Their satisfaction of this world is with what allays their hunger and covers their bodies. Their wealth in this world is what suffices them to reach the Hereafter. To those there shall come no fear upon them neither shall they grieve.

2. The second category loves earning money through the most lawful means and spending it in the best manner. They help the needy. Indeed, it is easier for this kind of person to their blood relatives and do favor to their brethren and support starving than to earn a dirham unlawfully or to spend it where it should not be spent, or to withhold it from its rightful owner, or to treasure it until he dies. Those if they are audited will be punished; however, if they are forgiven they will be safe.

3. The third category loves hoarding money lawfully and unlawfully and keeping away from where lawfully it should be spent. If they spend it, they spend extravagantly and hastily, and if they hold it, they hold it out of stinginess and monopoly. Those are the ones on whose hearts the worldly life holds the reins until it leads them to the Fire through their sins.
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2009 at 9:13pm

Sermon Thirty: Refreshment and Pleasure

Anas ibn Malik(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

Indeed, it is a weakness of faith to please people by displeasing Allah, and to praise them for Allah's bounty, and to dispraise them for what Allah did not bestow on you.

Indeed, sustenance is not attained through the greed of a greedy, and it is not prevented through the aversion of the averse.

Allah, may His name be blessed, by His wisdom made the refreshment and the pleasure emanate (of the soul) from contentment and faith, and He made worry and sadness emanate from doubt and anger.

Indeed, if you leave anything for the sake of Allah, Allah will give you better than it: and if you do anything for the sake of Allah, Allah will reward you for it. Therefore, direct your effort and your work to the Hereafter in which the reward of the forgiven will never be exhausted, and the punishment of the condemned will never end.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 21 September 2009 at 7:10pm

Sermon Thirty-One: Seeking Sustenance

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

I told you everything which moves you away from Fire, and I guided you to everything which brings you closer to Paradise.

The Holy Spirit inspired me to say that no person dies until his sustenance is completed; therefore, take it easy in earning your sustenance. Don't let the slowness of your sustenance urge you to seek the bounty of Allah by His disobedience, because Allah's bounty is gained through obedience to Him. Every human being has his sustenance which undoubtedly will come to him, and whoever is pleased with it, it will be blessed for him and it will suffice him, and for whoever is unhappy with it, it will not be blessed for him and it will not suffice him. Indeed, sustenance seeks a man as his fate (death) seeks him.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2009 at 7:27pm

Sermon Thirty-Two: The Happy and the Unhappy

Mu'awiyah(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying in a sermon of one of the feasts:

O people! Indeed, worldly life is an abode of tribulation and a place of worry and suffering. The minds of the happy are removed from it and it is forcefully pulled away from the hands of the unhappy. Therefore, the happiest people are those who shun it, and the most unhappy people are those who desire it. Indeed, it misleads those who seek its advice, and leads astray those who obey it, and unfaithful to those who surrender to it.

The successful one is the one who turns his back on it, and the doomed is the one who plunges into it.

Goodness is for an 'Abd (servant of Allah) who fears his Lord in this life, exhorts his soul, sends forth his repentance and restrains his lust before this worldly life ejects him into the Hereafter. Then he turns within the gray, uninhabited, dark earth where he cannot add any good deed or remove any evil deed.

Then he will be resurrected and will be sent either to an eternal pleasure of Paradise or to a Fire which is doom inexhaustible.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 September 2009 at 1:12am

Sermon Thirty-Three: Roll Up Your Sleeves

Anas ibn Malik(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

O Muslims! Roll your sleeves up, indeed, the matter is very serious. And get ready because the departure (from this world) is very close. Take along provisions, the journeying is very far. Lighten your loads because there is an insurmountable obstacle while only people with a light load can cross. Indeed, before the Hour (the Day of Judgment) there are very hard affairs, great horrors, and difficult times in which the oppressors will rule. And the godless will be leaders, and those who bid good will be suppressed, and those who forbid evil will be treated unjustly. So prepare for all of this the faith in Allah and resort to good deeds and force yourselves on it and if you persevere the hardship you will wind up with the eternal joy.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 September 2009 at 8:10pm

Sermon Thirty-Four: Relaxing the Heart and the Body

Abu Hurairah(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) admonishing a man:

Desire what Allah has and Allah will love you, and renounce what people have and people will love you. He who renounces this worldly life relaxes his heart and his body in this world and in the Hereafter.

Some people who have good deeds as great as the mountains will come on the Day of Resurrection and nevertheless they will be ordered to be thrown into the Fire.

Someone said, 'O Messenger of Allah! did they perform their prayers regularly?'

The Messenger of Allah said: They used to pray, fast and worship Allah during a portion of the night, but when any temptation of this life appeared to them they jumped at it.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 September 2009 at 6:42pm

Sermon Thirty-Five: An Abode of Absurdity

'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying:

O people! This world is an abode of absurdity, not an abode of straightness, and an abode of distress, not an abode of joy. Whoever knows it will not be jovial for affluence nor distressed for misery.

Verily, Allah created the world as an abode of affliction and the Hereafter is an abode of success. He made the affliction of this world a cause for the reward of the Hereafter, and the reward of the Hereafter a compensation for the affliction of this world. So He takes in order to give and He tries in order to reward.

This world passes very quickly and turns unexpectedly. Therefore, beware of the sweetness of its suckling for the bitterness of its weaning, and abandon its present joy because of its future distaste.

Do not strive to construct a home whose destruction Allah has decreed. And do not befriend it while Allah wanted you to stay away from it. That causes you to be exposed to His wrath, worthy of His punishment.

Edited by a well wisher - 25 September 2009 at 6:43pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2009 at 7:44pm

Sermon Thirty-Six: Owning What is Borrowed

Anas ibn Malik(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

O people! Fulfill your duties to Allah sincerely and truthfully and strive hard to please Him. Be certain of the end of this world and the eternity of the Hereafter. Work, for after death soon you will find that it is as if this life never existed and the Hereafter is always there.

O people! Every one in this world is a guest and what he owns is borrowed. The guest will leave and the borrowed will be returned.

Indeed, this world is a ready commodity, the godly and the ungodly can eat from it. The Hereafter is a true promise, a Just King rules in it.

May Allah have mercy on a person who takes care of himself and prepares for his grave while he is alive and free to move and act before his appointed time is over and his action stops.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 September 2009 at 7:31pm

Sermon Thirty-Seven: A Permanent Dominion

Abu Dharr al-Ghifari(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said to a man while he was advising him:

Minimize your desires so poverty will be easy for you and minimize your sins and send forth your wealth ahead of you so that you will be happy to follow it. Be satisfied with what you earn so reckoning (on the Day of Judgment) will be easy to you. Do not be preoccupied with what is guaranteed for you so that you are distracted from what is made incumbent upon you. What is decreed for you will never escape you and you will never catch up with what is denied from you. Therefore, do not strive for what will be exhausted, rather work for a dominion which will never end in a permanent abode.

Edited by a well wisher - 27 September 2009 at 7:32pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 September 2009 at 7:52pm

Sermon Thirty-Eight: The Seeker and the Sought

'Abd Allah ibn 'Abbas(ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) saying: Whenever the love of this world dwells in the heart of an 'Abd (servant of Allah), three things stick in his heart; a worry whose toil never ends, endless poverty, and a hope which will never be materialized.

Indeed, this world and the Hereafter are seekers and sought. The seeker of the Hereafter is sought by this life until his living is completed. And the seeker of this world is sought by the Hereafter until death grabs him by the neck.

Indeed, the happy person is the one who chooses eternity, which is lasting over perishable life, whose toil never ends. The person who sent forth to his destination from what he has now in his hands before he leaves it to those who will be happy to spend it while he labored very hard to accumulate it and save it.

Edited by a well wisher - 29 September 2009 at 7:36pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 29 September 2009 at 7:42pm

Sermon Thirty-Nine: The Children of This World and the Children of the Hereafter

Abu Hurairah(ra) said the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said:

Here is the world which has turned its back and moved away and the Hereafter clearly is moving closer.

And you are in a working day which has no reckoning... soon enough you will be in a reckoning day which has no work.

Indeed, Allah, the Exalted, gives the material of this world to whom He loves and to whom he hates; however, He does not give the Hereafter except to those He loves.

Verily, this world has children and the Hereafter has children. You should be the children of the Hereafter and not among the children of this world.

The worst I fear for you is pursuing desire and extended hopes. Pursuing desire swerves your hearts away from the truth, and long hope turns your endeavor toward this world. With these two desires no one derives any good in this world or in the Hereafter.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 September 2009 at 5:38pm

Sermon Forty: Warning!

Anas(ra) said the Prophet(pbuh) said:

There is no home except that the angel of death stands at its door five times every day. And if he finds a person whose sustenance is exhausted and whose time is over, he casts upon him mortal throes whose torments envelop him and whose agony engulfs him.Then some of the women of his household weep and some scream with agony.

Seeing all that, the angel of death (on him be peace) will say,

'Woe to you! Why are you so frightened? and why are you so sad? By Allah! I did not deprive anyone of you of his sustenance, and did not expedite his assigned time, and I did not come to him until I was ordered to come, and I did not seize his soul until I asked permission, and I shall return again and again until I leave none of you behind.'

The Prophet(pbuh) said:

By Whose hand Muhammad's soul is! If they see his place and hear his words they will forget their dead and weep for themselves. When the dead is carried on his bier, his soul hovers over it while calling very loud,

'O my family! O my children! Don't let life fool you as it fooled me, and don't let it deceive you as it deceived me. I accumulated wealth lawfully and unlawfully, then I left it behind to others. They are enjoying it and I am accountable for it. Beware of what has happened to me!'

<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version