Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 47 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings
    Posted: 22 August 2009 at 11:43pm

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was described by God in The Qur'an as a Mercy for all Mankind

His heart was filled with intense love for all human beings irrespective of caste, creed, or color.

He advised his Companions to regard all people as their brothers and sisters. "You are all Adam’s offspring and Adam was born of clay"...

This first article is titled (The Prophet's Love for Mankind):

His mission was to bring people abreast of the reality that all men and women, although inhabiting different regions of the world, and seemingly different from one another as regards their color, language, dress, culture, etc., were each other’s blood brothers. Hence a proper relationship will be established between all human beings only if they regard one another as sisters and brothers. Only then will proper feelings of love and respect prevail throughout the world.

According to a hadith, the Prophet once said, “A true believer is one with whom others feel secure. One who returns love for hatred.”

The Prophet made it clear that one who would only return love for love was on a lower ethical plane. We should never think that we should treat people well only if they treat us well. We should, rather, be accustomed to being good to those who are not good to us and to not wronging those who harm us. ........

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658445682&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2009 at 2:38pm
Jazakh Allah Khair Brother Tarek....a beautiful article on an exceptional man...an embodiment of mercy and love...May Allah's blessings and peace be on him...Thank you so much for posting it...Subhan Allah....who can compare to him...

Compassion and Mercy of the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

As for compassion, tenderness and mercy to all creation, Allah said about him: "Grievous to him is what you suffer, anxious for you, compassionate is he, merciful to the believers." (10:128) Allah says: "We only sent you as a mercy to all the worlds." (21:107)

Part of his excellence is that Allah gave him two of His names, saying: "merciful, compassionate to the believers."

Ibn Shihab said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went on a raid [and he mentioned Hunayn]. The Messenger of Allah gave Safwan ibn Umayya a hundred camels, then a hundred, then a hundred." Ibn Shihab said, "Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab related that Safwan said, 'By Allah, he gave me what he gave me. He was the most hated of people to me and he continued to give to me until he was the most beloved of people to me.'

It is related that a bedouin came asking for something from him. He gave the man something and said, "Have I been good to you?" The bedouin said, "No, you have not and you have not done well." The Muslims became angry and went for him. The Prophet indicated that they should hold off. Then the Prophet got up and went into his house. Then the Prophet sent for him and added something to his gift and said, "Have I been good to you?" The bedouin replied, "Yes, may Allah repay you well in family and tribe." The Prophet said, "You said what you said and that angered my Companions. If you like, say what you said in my presence in their presence so as to remove what they harbour in their breasts against you." He said, "Yes." He came back later and the Prophet said, "This bedouin said what he said and then we gave him more. He claims that he is content. Isn't that so?" He said, "Yes, may Allah repay you well in your family and tribe." The Prophet said, "The example of this man and me is like a man who has a she-camel who bolts from him. People chase it and they only make it shy away more. The owner calls to them to stay clear of him and his she-camel, saying, 'I am more compassionate and better to it than you.' He goes in front of it and takes some clods of dirt and drives it back until it comes and kneels. He saddles and mounts it. If I had given you your heads when the man said what he said, you would have killed him and he would have entered the Fire."(Al-Bazzar from Abu Hurayra)

It is related that the Prophet said, "None of you should come to me with anything about any of my Companions for I do not want to go out to you except with a clear heart.” (Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi from Ibn Mas'ud)

Part of his compassion towards his community was that he made things easy for them. He disliked doing certain things out of the fear that they would become obligatory for them. He said, "If I had not been compassionate to my community, I would have commanded them to use the siwak every time they did wudu'.” (Muslim and al-Bukhari.)

There is also the tradition about the night prayer and the one forbidding them to fast continuously and the one about his dislike of entering the Ka'ba lest it became incumbent on his community and his desire that his Lord should make his curse against them a mercy to them. When he heard a child weeping, he would shorten the prayer.

An instance of his compassion was that he called on his Lord and made a compact with Him saying, "If ever I curse a man or make an invocation against him, make it zakat for him and mercy, prayer, purification and an act of drawing-near by which he will draw near to you on the Day of Rising.” (Muslim and al-Bukhari and Abu Hurayra)

When his people rejected him, Jibril came to him and said, "Allah has heard what your people say to you and how they reject you. He has ordered the angels of the mountains to obey whatever you tell them to do." The angel of the mountains called him, greeted him and said, "Send me to do what you wish. If you wish, I will crush them between the two mountains of Makka." The Prophet said, "Rather, I hope that Allah will bring forth from their loins those who will worship Allah alone and not associate anything with Him.” (Muslim and al-Bukhari and the Six Books)

Ibn al-Munkadir related that Jibril told the Prophet, "Allah has ordered heaven, earth and mountains to obey you." He said, "Reprieve my community. Perhaps Allah will turn to them." (Mursal hadith)

'A'isha said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was never given a choice between two things but that he chose the easier of the two."

Ibn Mas'ud said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was careful when he admonished us, fearing he would tire us." (Muslim and al-Bukhari)

'A'isha was riding an unruly camel which was recalcitrant and started to hit it repeatedly, The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "You must have compassion." (Al-Bayhaqi)

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=589
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 August 2009 at 10:59pm
The source of Prophet Muhammad's love for all beings was his love for Allah

He spent many years searching for the Truth, and at the age of 40 he received God's revelations

He, peace be upon him, went through many hardships as his people rejected his invitation, but he was patient, and Allah commanded him to be patient, and in The Qur'an God revealed to him how much He loves him:

So wait patiently for the Decision of your Lord, for verily, you are under Our Eyes. (52:48)

That was the source of love which filled the prophet's heart, and which he spread among his people, his companions and all creatures that surrounded him

Salla-Allahu Alayhy-wa-Sallam

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2009 at 10:51pm
The Prophet's love for his companions and followers was reflected in his extreme patience and care for their feelings

One day, he found a boy called Umair who was happy taking care of a bird he had called Al-Nughair, so each time he went past him, the prophet asked him: How is Al-Nughair? And Umair would happily respond saying he was fine

One day, the prophet saw Umair crying and asked him how is Al-Nughiar, so the boy said, Al-Nughair died, O prophet of Allah. With that, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, stopped to console the boy and to try to cheer him up.

That was how our prophet was, kind, caring and merciful.

This is how someone describes why we love the prophet, peace be upon him:

Our Love For Prophet Muhammad

I admit. I'm at a loss. Is it really possible to specify just one reason why I love the Prophet Muhammad?

Sitting down to write these words, thoughts crowd my mind. I love the Prophet because… he taught us about Islam, he was such a good human being, the many actions he did or words he said that continue to touch my heart, no matter how often I read about or reflect on them, and on, and on, and on.

Finally, one thought manages to stand out, not because it was the loudest, but because it was the softest. I love the Prophet Muhammad because of his gentle, loving nature. Despite his position as a prophet and leader of the Muslims, he had time to sit and console a young boy whose pet bird died. He had time to joke with and love his wives. He had time to mourn the deaths of several of his children.

As a spiritual leader whose main mission in life was to help others make choices for the Afterlife, and as a prophet who was in continuous connection with his Creator and the Angel Gabriel, he (peace and blessings be upon him) never lost his humanity.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1235628872478&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2009 at 2:16pm
Jazakh Allah Khair Brother Tarek...beautiful submissions...

The more I speak or write about him, the more I realize I am saying so little. He is worth much more…Indeed....

"Great was the sorrow in the City of Light, as Medina is now called. The Companions rebuked each other for weeping, but wept themselves. “Not for him do I weep,” said Umm Ayman, when questioned about her tears. “Know I not that he hath gone to that which is better for him than this world? But I weep for the tidings of Heaven which have been cut off from us.” It was indeed as if a great door had been closed. Yet they remembered that he had said: “What have I to do with this world? I and this world are as a rider and a tree beneath which he taketh shelter. Then he goeth on his way, and leaveth it behind him.” He had said this that they, each one of them, might say it of themselves; and if the door had now closed, it would be open for the faithful at death. They still had in their ears the sound of his saying: “I go before you, and I am your witness. Your tryst with me is at the Pool.” Having delievered this message in this world, he had gone to fulfil it in the Hereafter, where he would continue to be, for them and for others, but withouth the limitations of life on earth, the Key of Mercy, the Key of Paradise, the Spirit of Truth, and the Happiness of God."

The passage above is taken from Martin Lings’ Muhammad, and refers to the aftermath of the death of the Prophet, peace be upon him.

I love this poem by Daniel Abdal -Hayy Moore....so much can be said about him and yet words fail us ....words dont do him justice....

Man Among Us

by Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore

Muhammad whose genealogical tree went right straight back to Adam,
who said he was a prophet when Adam was between water and clay –

how can we properly praise him, surrounded as we are by madmen
who think they are sane and saviors, but who shrink from the light of day?

Muhammad, who at six was an orphan, and whose darkness was removed by angels,
who entered the valleys and date palms burst into fruit above him –
how can we possibly taste that quality of his wisdom
when oceans of plastic silence fill our ears with their deafening din?

Muhammad, who grew to be trustworthy, even his enemies trusted him,
who waited for three days on a corner to pay back a debt he owed someone –
how can such honor be followed, in a world so ethically stifled,
when the very foundations of trust have been laughed into mud and ruin?

Muhammad who stood on the mountaintop and saw the sky fill with angels
but distrusted such visions as raving and was afraid his mind had snapped –
how can we see such stillness in the pool of his heart so thunderstruck
when our own streets are hallucinations like savage animals trapped?

Muhammad who let the Truth lead him, and his moon-like light filled the tents
of the people whose hearts were empty but open as sky,
how can our people be touched by the stature of such a being
when most of them are full of sickness and most of them want to die?

Muhammad whose talk was like mountain streams clearly crossing rocks
and splashing into pools of clarity where we could finally see our light –
how can this thick time know him? The doorways are filled with ghosts,
the dumb are leading the eloquent, the leaders are fearful of insight!

Muhammad who went through the heavens on the back of the lightningbolt mule
and whose gaze was steady and true face to face with the Face of the One –
how can mechanical thinking or the heart like a clock face in ice
begin to glimpse this other world with its other moon and sun?

Muhammad who led the armies with nothing but banners and trust
against mercantile idol-subscribers with the weapons and wealth of kings –
how can simplicity make sense to us, so overpowered by the magic
of High Technology’s sorcery which clots up our senses with “things?”

Muhammad whose victory just humbled him more than he was before
so that thousands finally accepted the worship of Allah alone –
is it the same situation now as then for us, hard-hearted people asleep
who’d rather sit in a stupor and worship bits of wood or stone?

Muhammad whose Gate-Opening crashed the iceberg rock right open
to let us enter a world where actual events shed light,
how to sit or go through a doorway, drink water or lie down to sleep,
how to face absolute Oneness without losing balance from fright.

Muhammad, peace of Allah be upon you, Prophet and Messenger of Light,
the figure you made among people put love in their hearts for the Truth –
how can the graveyard society we live in possibly hear your heartbeat
when their drunken hearts drink darkness sold at the tyrant’s corner booth?

O Prophet, O man among us, O light that goes ahead,
who gave out the last coin left to you when you lay on your first deathbed –
how can such stark reality reach into us when the air is so filled with lead
and such mention of life only bores the snoring multitudes of the dead?

O Light of the human touch in everything, Praiser and Praiseworthy in one,
we are naked before Allah at last, and we need your enlightening sun!

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 August 2009 at 12:14pm

Why did the Companions Love the Prophet so Much?

A non-Muslim at the time of the prophet witnessed how much the companions loved him, and went back to his people describing what he saw, and said he has never seen any people love a person like the Companions loved Muhammad, peace be upon him

Why was that?

The prophet, peace be upon him, loved them so much, and cared for every single one of them like his own son or his own brother, and they reciprocated that love. He was to them more precious than their own sons, as narrated in this hadith:

Aishah reported that a man came to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: "O Messenger of Allah! Indeed, I love you more than I love myself, and I love you more than I love my family, and I love you more than I love my children. When I am at home and I think of you, I am unable to contain myself until I can come to you and look at you. When I think about my death and your death, I know that when you enter Paradise, you will be raised to where the Prophets are. But, if I enter Paradise, I am afraid: will I be able to see you?"

The prophet then received the answer from angel Gabriel, and said: A person (in Paradise) will be with those whom he loves

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 26 August 2009 at 2:54pm
"Indeed, he loves Allah & His Messenger…"

Dr. `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

www.islamtoday.com

There was a man named `Abd Allah who loved Allah and His Messenger so much that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had to declare about him: "Indeed, he loves Allah and His Messenger." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6282)]

This man named `Abd Allah so loved the Prophet (peace be upon him) that he used to delight in presenting the Prophet with any delicacy that came to Medina, so when any merchant caravan arrived with something like butter or honey, he would take it for him as a gift. Later, when the seller demanded payment, `Abd Allah would bring the seller to the Prophet and say: "Give this man its price."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) would then say: "Didn't you give it to me as a gift?"

`Abd Allah would say: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah; however I cannot afford to pay."

The two of them would laugh together and then the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have the merchant paid.

This was the type of close and jovial relationship that `Abd Allah and the Prophet had with each other.

It remains to be said that `Abdullah was an alcoholic. He would often become so drunk that he had to be brought staggering through the streets before the Prophet (peace be upon him) to be sentenced for public drunkenness, and each time, the Prophet would rule to have the prescribed punishment carried out. This was a common occurrence.

After `Abd Allah had departed from one of these all too frequent sentencings, one of the Companion's declared about `Abd Allah: "O Allah curse him! How often he is summoned for this!"

The Prophet (peace be upon him): rebuked that Companion, saying: "Do not curse him, for I swear by Allah, if you only knew just how very much indeed he loves Allah and His Messenger." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6282)] He then added: "Do not help Satan against your brother."

We can learn a lot from the Prophet's attitude.

We should reflect first upon the close and affectionate relationship this Companion enjoyed with the Prophet (peace be upon him), in spite of this Companion's shameful fault. Though the Prophet (peace be upon him) was who he was, it did not prevent him from relating to `Abd Allah in a familiar manner, of being his friend, and joking with him.

This shows us that in the society envisioned by the Prophet (peace be upon him) people were not segregated into the pious and the sinners, with social interactions debarred between the two groups. Rather, it was a unified, inclusive society, where each person could be at a different level of piety. Some were at the forefront of righteousness, some were moderately pious, while others were prone to fall into sin. However, no one lived aloof from society, nor was anyone shunned. Everyone remained part of society.

This inclusiveness meant that when some members of society fell into error, the effects of their mistakes were limited and short-lived. No one was marginalized, so there was no chance sinfulness to grow on society's "fringes". When anyone made a mistake, there was no end of brotherly support from others in society who were more than willing to lend a helping hand and get that person back on track.

Another lesson the Prophet's conduct shows us is the importance of maintaining a positive outlook. In spite of the fact that `Abd Allah was frequently being summoned before the Prophet (peace be upon him) for public drunkenness, the Prophet drew everyone's attention to one of Abd Allah's positive qualities – that he loved Allah and His Messenger. Yet, when we think about this particular quality, we find that it was not something unique for `Abd Allah, but a quality that all believers have in common. Nevertheless, the Prophet (peace be upon him) chose to praise `Abd Allah for this reason. In doing so, the Prophet could cultivate, encourage, and strengthen this quality in everyone. He also reminded them that if someone slips up, that person's faith and love of Allah is still intact.

We can imagine how `Abd Allah must have felt when he learned that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said this about him. He must certainly felt it as an immense honor to have Allah's Messenger declare this about him. It served to help him overcome his bad habit and gave him hope, by confirming that his essential being was not permanently marred by the mistakes.

It was the Prophet's way to point out the good qualities of those who sinned and fell into error. We sometimes forget this, and treat past sins as impenetrable barriers to future good. A person who commits a shameful deed is never allowed to live it down, but is instead often remembered only for that sin. We need to realize that this helps Satan to avail upon the sinner and get that person to sin again. The Prophet's approach, by contrast, inspires virtue. When reminded of `Abd Allah's frequent drunkenness, he boasted of that man's possessing the greatest virtue of loving Allah and His Messenger.

Finally, `Abd Allah had done something that was clearly wrong. There can be no doubt that `Abd Allah committed a sin. Imbibing intoxicants is a major sin, and the Prophet (peace be upon him) had often cursed wine. Nevertheless, after the Prophet had the prescribed sentence carried out upon `Abd Allah for his public drunkenness, he did not seek anything further against him. He saw any further reprimand to be helping Satan against the man. Rather, he turned everyone's attention to his merits that compensate for his shortcomings.

This should give us pause, when we consider how harshly we sometimes behave in our disagreements with others whose transgressions are far less serious or certain than `Abd Allah's were. Sometimes, it is merely our opinion that someone has done something wrong and the matter is really open to other points of view, but we still have no hesitations about railing against our opponents with everything in our verbal arsenal. How far this is from the example set by the Prophet (peace be upon him), who when faced with a person committing an obvious sin, still found it better to speak good about that person. He still kept up his good relationship with that person, despite his shortcomings.

The Prophet's conduct with `Abd Allah is an excellent example for us, full of valuable lessons regarding not only how we should treat one another, but how society can foster social bonds that are strong, wholesome, and nurturing, bonds which can serve to dissuade people from falling into sin.
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 August 2009 at 10:59pm

The Prophet's Love and Care for His Companions

During the early years in Makkah, most members of the small community of Muslims were oppressed, especially the poor and those who had no tribe or family members to protect them.

Some of them were tortured, like Bilal and Suhaib, to make them leave their religion, but they were patient and their strong faith made them resist all those pressures and injustices.

As time went past, the pressure of the disbelievers in Makkah grew stronger, and though the prophet, peace be upon him, asked his followers to be patient, he was very sad for what they were going through. He needed them with him, but at the same time he was concerned for their safety, so one day he asked some of them to leave Makkah and emigrate to Al-Habasha (Ethiopia).

He loved them very much and he wanted them to escape from the torture and the daily humiliations they were going through in Makkah. Around 80 of his companions finally emigrated, and spent a number of years in Al-Habasha, and so years later they returned to rejoin the prophet in Madinah when conditions had improved

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, loved them not for himself but for their own sake, .... and they loved him immensely in return

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2009 at 12:43pm

Love for Prophet Muhammad: A Profound Inspiring Love

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) had a profound love for humanity. Throughout centuries, Muslims have had a deep, passionate love for him.

The love harbored in the hearts of Muslims remains a source of inspiration, a factor of unity, and a leveler of differences among them. Indeed, this love is based on the love of Almighty Allah and on the supreme message of Islam.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1224089103285&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2009 at 1:51pm

'Amr Ibn Al-'Aas said, "There wasn't anyone more beloved to me than the messenger of Allah - salah allahu 'alayhi wa salam - and more glorious in my eyes than he. I wouldn't allow my eyes to stare at him so that to honor him, and if you were to ask me to describe him, I couldn't..."

[Muslim]

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2009 at 11:04pm

The Prophet's Sublime Manners and Deep Compassion

Indeed, the Prophet's heart was filled with intense love for all humans, irrespective of race, creed, and color. He advised his Companions to regard all people as their brothers and sisters:

"You are all Adam's offspring, and Adam was born of clay." (Abu Dawud)

On another occasion, a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his Companions remarked that the funeral was a Jew's. Upon that, the Prophet replied, "Was he not a human being?" (Al-Bukhari).  

Furthermore, he commanded his Companions to refrain from disrupting ants' busy activities and to stay away from anthills. Indeed, this noble Prophet was sent as a mercy for all creatures. Almighty Allah says,

(And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds.) (Al-Anbiyaa' 21:107)   ....

Another sign of his sublime manners and deep compassion is the kind way in which he used to treat orphans. He used to command people to sponsor them and treat them with excellence. Announcing the consequent virtues of that, he said, "I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him or her will be in Paradise like these" (Al-Bukhari). He then put his index and middle fingers together. ........

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1225697852051&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah/LSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 August 2009 at 2:58pm

Love for the poor

The Prophet (s.a.a.w.) enjoined upon Muslims to treat the poor kindly and to help them with alms, Zakat, and in other ways. He said: "He is not a perfect Muslim who eats his fill and lets his neighbor go hungry."

He asked, "Do you love your Creator? Then love your fellow beings first."

Monopoly is unlawful in Islam and he preached that "It is difficult for a man laden with riches to climb the steep path that leads to bliss."

He did not prohibit or discourage the acquisition of wealth but insisted that it be lawfully acquired by honest means and that a portion of it would go to the poor. He advised his followers

"To give the laborer his wages before his perspiration dried up."

He did not encourage beggary either and stated that

"Allah is gracious to him who earns his living by his own labour, and that if a man begs to increase his property, Allah will diminish it and whoever has food for the day, it is prohibited for him to beg."

To his wife he said, "O A'isha, love the poor and let them come to you and Allah will draw you near to Himself."  [Sahih Bukhari]

One or two instances of the Prophet's (s.a.a.w.) concern for the poor may be given here. A Madinan, Ibad Bin Sharjil, was once starving. He entered an orchard and picked some fruit. The owner of the orchard gave him a sound beating and stripped off his clothes. The poor man appealed to the Prophet (s.a.a.w.) who remonstrated the owner thus:

"This man was ignorant, you should have dispelled his ignorance; he was hungry, you should have fed him."

His clothes were restored to the Madinan and, in addition, some grain was given to him [Abu Dawood]

A debtor, Jabir Bin Abdullah, was being harassed by his creditor as he could not clear his debt owing to the failure of his date crop. The Prophet (s.a.a.w.) went with Jabir to the house of the creditor and pleaded with him to give Jabir some more time but the creditor was not prepared to oblige. The Prophet (s.a.a.w.) then went to the oasis and having seen for himself that the crop was really poor, he again approached the creditor with no better result. He then rested for some time and approached the creditor for a third time but the latter was adamant. The Prophet (s.a.a.w.) went again to the orchard and asked Jabir to pluck the dates. As Allah would have it, the collection not only sufficed to clear the dues but left something to spare. [Sahih Bukhari]

His love for the poor was so deep that he used to pray: "O Allah, keep me poor in my life and at my death and raise me at resurrection among those who are poor." [Nasai]

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:37pm

Kindness to Animals

The Prophet (pbuh) not only preached to the people to show kindness to each other but also to all living souls. He forbade the practice of cutting tails and manes of horses, of branding animals at any soft spot, and of keeping horses saddled unnecessarily. [Sahih Muslim] If he saw any animal over-loaded or Milad he would pull up the owner and say,
"Fear Allah in your treatment of animals." [Abu Dawood]
A companion came to him with the young ones of a bird in his sheet and said that the mother bird had hovered over them all along. He was directed to replace her offspring in the same bush (Mishkat, Abu Dawood)

During a journey, somebody picked up some birds eggs. The bird's painful note and fluttering attracted the attention of the Prophet (pbuh), who asked the man to replace the eggs. [Sahih Bukhari]

As his army marched towards Makkah to conquer it, they passed a female dog with puppies. The Prophet (pbuh) not only gave orders that they should not be disturbed, but posted a man to see that this was done.

He stated, "Verily, there is heavenly reward for every act of kindness done to a living animal."

Muhammad (pbuh) also used to command mercy for all animals such that they are fed well, watered well, not forced to carry too heavy a burden, and not tortured or maimed for one's enjoyment.

AbuHurayrah said:

"The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'While a man was walking on a road he became very thirsty. He found a well, went into it, drank, and came out. [Upon exiting he met] a dog panting and eating the dirt out of thirst. The man said: 'This dog has become stricken with the same degree of thirst which had stricken me.' He went down into the well and filled his shoe and then held it in his mouth until he climbed out and gave the dog water to drink. Allah thanked him (for his good deed) and forgave him.' They said, 'O Messenger of Allah, are we rewarded for taking care of beasts?' He said, 'There is a reward [for you] in every creature with a moist liver.'"(Narrated by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, and Malik)

AbuHurayrah said:

"Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: 'A woman was punished because of a cat. She neither provided it with food nor drink, nor set it free so that it might eat the insects of the earth.' " (Narrated by Muslim and Al-Bukhari).

Sahl ibn Amr said:

"The Messenger of Allah passed by a camel who's stomach quite touched it's back (from lack of food). Upon seeing this he said: 'Fear God in these unspeaking animals! Ride them [while they are] in good health, and eat them [while they are] in good health' " (Narrated by Abu-Dawood)

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 August 2009 at 12:39pm

Muhammad.. Amiable Par Excellence

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was always cheerful, genial, and pleasant-tempered. He was never rude or rough.

He only spoke things that brought rewards from Allah Almighty. When he spoke, the listeners would listen to his words with attention. They did not feel any inclination to engage him in heated arguments. The Prophet would always show patience with a stranger’s roughness of manners or harshness at talk. He used to say,

"When you see a person seeking an object earnestly, assist him to get his need." (Al-Baihaqi)

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1246345982662&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Page  of 47 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version