Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 August 2009 at 3:23pm
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him

Generosity, Clemency and Conduct

Abdullah ibn Amr narrated:
"Allah's Messenger (s.a.a.w.) neither spoke in an insulting manner nor did he ever speak evil intentionally. He used to say, 'The most beloved to me among you is the one who has the best character and manners.'" (Narrated by Al-Bukhari) 

AbuHurayrah narrated that the Prophet (s.a.a.w.) said:
"The most Perfect believer in respect of faith is he who is best of them in manners." (Narrated by Abu-Dawood)

Qatadah ibn Malik narrated that Zayd ibn Ilaqah related on the authority of his uncle, Qatadah ibn Malik, that the Prophet (s.a.a.w.) would supplicate:
"O Allah, I seek Your protection against undesirable manners, acts, and desires." (Transmitted by Al-Tirmithi.)

Anas ibn Malik narrated:
"I was walking with the messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.) and he was wearing a mantle of Najran with a thick border. A Bedouin met him and pulled the mantle so violently that I saw this violent pulling had left marks from its border on the skin of the neck of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.). And he (the Bedouin) said: Muhammad!, command that I should be given out of the wealth of Allah which is at your disposal. The Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.) turned to him and smiled, and then he ordered for him a provision." 

He also narrated:
"Eighty men from the men of Makkah descended upon the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.) from the mountain of Al-Taneem, in [full] armor, with the intent of engaging in battle. He (Muhammad, s.a.a.w.) captured them peaceably and then did not kill them" (Narrated by Muslim) 

A pagan by the name of Zaid ibn Sa'ana came to the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.) in order to collect a debt. When he drew near Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) he wrenched him by his clothes violently, exposing his shoulder, and spoke rudely at him. Finally, he said: "You sons of AbdulMuttalib are all a procrastinating lot." Immediately, Umar ibn Al-Khattab leapt at him chastising and rebuking him harshly, all the while the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.) looked on smiling. Then the Prophet (s.a.a.w.) said to Umar: "He and I were in need of other than this O Umar; You should have commanded me to excel in my repayment, and have commanded him to excel in his request for repayment." He (Muhammad, s.a.a.w.) said: "There [still] remains in his term three [days]" He (Muhammad, s.a.a.w.) then commanded Umar to see to his recompensation and to increase him twenty 'saa' (weights) as compensation for the terrorization he had endured (from Umar). This man later became a Muslim" (Narrated by Al-Bayhaqi, ibn Habban, and Al-Tabarani) 

Anas ibn Malik said:
"Allah's Messenger (s.a.a.w.) had the best disposition amongst people. He sent me (when I was a child) on an errand one day, and I said: By Allah, I would not go. I had, however, this idea in my mind that I would do as Allah's Apostle (s.a.a.w.) had commanded me to do. I went out until I happened to come across children who had been playing in the street. In the meanwhile, Allah's Messenger (s.a.a.w.) came there and he caught me by the back of my neck from behind me. As I looked towards him I found him smiling and he said: Unays, did you go where I told you to go? I said: Allah's Messenger, yes, I am going. Anas further said: I served him for nine years but I know not that he ever chastised me about a thing which I had done why I did that, or about a thing I had left as to why I had not done that." (Narrated by Muslim)

In another narration, he said:
"I served the Prophet (s.a.a.w.) at Madinah for ten years. I was a boy. Every work that I did was not according to the desire of my master, but he never said to me: Fie!, nor did he say to me: Why did you do this? or Why did you not do this?" (Narrated by Abu-Dawood)

Ibne Malik also said:
"No one was more beloved to us than the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.), [however], if we saw him we would not stand up for him for we knew how much he disliked [for us to do so]. And on one occasion someone called to him saying: 'O best of mankind ...' He replied: 'That is Abraham, peace be upon him' " (Narrated by Muslim)

Adi ibn Hatim al-Ta'ee came to the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) to ask about Islam, so Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) invited him to his home. When they sat down, a small girl brought a pillow to the Messenger of Allah (s.a.a.w.), however, he placed it between him and Adi and sat on the ground. Adi later said: "[When I saw that] I knew that he was not a king"

It was also narrated that Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) once said:

"I am but a servant, I eat as the servant eats, and I sit as the servant sits"

Muhammad (s.a.a.w.) would tie his own camel, feed his own animal, eat with the servants, knead dough with them, and carry his own groceries from the market.

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 August 2009 at 12:30pm

The Prophet's Love for Mankind

According to a tradition recorded in the Sahih of Imam Muslim, when the Prophet’s opponents greatly increased their persecution, his Companions asked him to curse them. At this the Prophet replied, “I have not been sent to lay a curse upon men but to be a blessing to them.” His opponents continued to treat him and his Companions unjustly and cruelly, but he always prayed for them.

Once he was so badly stoned by his enemies that the blood began to spurt from all over his body. This happened when he went to Ta’if, where the Hijaz aristocracy used to while away their summer days. When he attempted to call them to Islam, instead of listening to his words of wisdom, they set the street urchins upon him, who kept chasing him till nightfall. Even at that point, when he was utterly exhausted and bleeding from head to foot, all he said was, “O my Lord, guide my people along the true path, as they are ignorant of the truth.”

His heart was filled with intense love for all human kind irrespective of caste, creed, or color. Once he advised his Companions to regard all people as their brothers and sisters. He added, “You are all Adam’s offspring and Adam was born of clay.” ........

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658445682&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 31 August 2009 at 3:48pm

It is related by Muaadh ibn Jabal radhiyAllaahu anhu that the Apostle of Allaah salAllaahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam sent him to Yemen as the governor. The Apostle salAllaahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam went with him giving him instructions and advice. At that time, Muaadh was riding on his mount while the Prophet(pbuh) was walking on foot beside him. The last thing the Prophet(pbuh) said after the necessary instructions was:

"We may not meet again after this year.It is possible that you may visit this mosque and my grave."

On hearing it, Muaadh began to cry. Turning his face away from him and in the direction of Medinah, the Prophet remarked,

"Much closer and dearer to me are the bondmen who fear Allaah, whoever they are and wherever they may be."

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 August 2009 at 10:42pm

Outstanding Forgiveness of the Prophet

Another great quality of Muhammad was that he never took revenge on anyone for personal reasons and always forgave even his firm enemies.

His wife `A'ishah reported that Allah's Messenger was not unseemly or obscene in his speech, nor was he loud-voiced in the streets, nor did he return evil for evil, but he would forgive and pardon.

The people of the Quraysh rebuked him, taunted and mocked at him, beat him and abused him. They tried to kill him and when he escaped to Madinah, they waged many wars against him. Yet when he entered Makkah victorious with an army of 10000, he did not take revenge on anyone. He forgave all. Even his deadliest enemy, Abu Sufyan, who had fought so many battles against him, was forgiven, as was anyone who stayed in his house. .....

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658444905&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 01 September 2009 at 3:07pm
May the peace and blessings of Allah swt be on him

Skeptics may argue that it is easy to be merciful and forgiving when one is in a position of weakness. But in a position of power or when the opportunity presents itself, humans are known for abusing their authority and punishing their enemies brutally.

Here, too, the Prophet demonstrated exemplary behavior. The most well-known example of this is during the peaceful takeover of Mecca by the Muslims. At a time when he could have easily destroyed his worst enemies, Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, showed remarkable restraint. This is even more significant given the culture of vicious tribal rivalry and guilt by association practiced at the time.

Among those the Prophet forgave were Abu Sufyan, a Quraysh leader who was among those who led the opposition to Islam; Ikrimah ibn Abu Jahl, an enemy whose father was one of the Prophet’s most vehement opponents; Hind, the wife of Abu Sufyan, who ripped open the corpse of the Prophet’s beloved uncle Hamza after the Battle of Uhud and ripped out his heart and liver; Wahshi, the man commissioned by Hind to murder Hamza; Utbah, the son of another of the Prophet’s greatest foes, Abu Lahab, who had divorced the Prophet’s daughter Ruqayyah under pressure from his father. None of these individuals were harmed or punished for their crimes.

The Prophet also made sure that none of the Muslims with him at the time of the takeover acted on their understandable feelings of vengeance for those who had tortured them and driven them out of their homes. For example, the Prophet gave Sa’d ibn Ubadah the standard he was initially carrying, after which Sa’d announced as the Muslims marched by Abu Sufyan that this would be the day of the Quraysh’s abasement and a day of slaughter. When the Prophet heard about this, he asked that Sa’d give the standard to his son, known for his comparatively milder temperament, for fear that Sa’d would commit violence against the Quraysh. Sa’d complied.

In terms of the rest of the Makkan population, they were granted forgiveness. It was truly a bloodless revolution based on mercy for the enemy.

Many Muslims have forgotten these lessons today.Contrast this attitude with that of some ignorant Muslims today who curse others to Hell and pray for their destruction. We don't know who is going where in the Next Life. We don't even know about ourselves. So let's keep making Dua that we stay on the right path and God guides others to it as well. We must not play God by assuming we know where others will end up.

When God tells us in the Quran about the behavior which leads to good reward and the character which takes people to the Hellfire, He is saying this so that people adopt the right behavior and avoid Hellfire by abandoning what He forbade for our own good. However, those verses are not meant to be a litmus test for us to determine where others will end up. That knowledge is only with God, the Lord of the universe.

Our Prophet was a mercy to all human beings, regardless of their religious, racial, cultural or ethnic background. We, as his followers, must live and spread this message today at a time when hatefulness and ugliness towards each other has become the norm.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 September 2009 at 11:33pm

Prophet Muhammad's Humbleness and Simplicity

Among his numerous good attributes humbleness and simplicity acquired a high and distinguished position.

Despite his position as leader, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) never behaved as if he was greater or better than other people. He never made people feel small, unwanted or embarrassed. He urged his followers to live kindly and humbly. He released slaves whenever he could and gave charity, especially to very poor people, and orphans, without waiting for any reward.

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) himself was never greedy. He ate very little and only ate simple food. He preferred never to fill his stomach. Sometimes, for days on end, he would eat nothing but raw food.
He used to bind stones onto his belly to appease his hunger and considered milk as sufficient if he did not have any other food.

Simple living and contentment were the key teachings of the Prophet's life:

"Look at those who stand at a lower level than you but don't look at those who stand at a higher level than you, for this would make the favors (conferred upon you by Allah) insignificant (in your eyes)." (Muslim)

He slept on a very simple mattress on the floor and had almost nothing in the way of home comforts or decorations .........

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1229319095360&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2009 at 11:18pm

The Prophet With Non-Muslims

In the Qur’an, Allah commands believers to

[Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for Allah alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives. Whether they are rich or poor, Allah is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. ] (An-Nisaa’ 4:135)

With the rules he imposed on Muslims, his just and tolerant attitude towards those of other religions, languages, races, and tribes, and his way of not discriminating between rich and poor, but treating everybody equally, Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) is a great example to all of mankind. ......

This noble attitude of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), being in total harmony with the morality of the Qur’an, should be taken as an example of how members of different religions today should be treated.

The Prophet’s justice brought about understanding between people of different races. In many of his addresses, even in his final sermon, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) stated that superiority lay not in race, but in godliness, as Allah states in the verse

[Mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in Allah’s sight is that one of you who best performs his duty. Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.] (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

Two hadiths report that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

“You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors.” (Abu Dawud) 

“These genealogies of yours are not a reason to revile anyone. You are all children of Adam. No one has any superiority over another except in religion and taqwa (godliness).” (Ahmad) 

During his final sermon, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) called on Muslims in the following terms:

“There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab; or for white over the black or for the black over the white except in piety. Verily the noblest among you is he who is the most pious.”

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1158658445910&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 September 2009 at 11:42pm
One of the sad events in the life of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was his trip to Al-Ta'if before his emigration from Makkah

After his wife Khadijah died, and his uncle Abu-Talib died in the same year, the prophet was left with little support from the influencial people in Makkah. The vast majority of people there had disbelieved in his message, and were now starting to cause him more harm

So he decided one day to go to Al-Ta'if to invite the people there to Islam, maybe God would guide them to the Truth. When he arrived, he was faced with even more hostility and rejection, to the point that young children started throwing stones at him, and his feet were injured and bled.

On his way back to Makkah, he stopped for a rest, and angel Gabriel came to him, and offered to destroy the whole city of Ta'if, if the prophet wanted.

What was his answer?

He prayed for the people of Al-Ta'if and said that maybe one day there will be believers among their descendents. He did not seek personal revenge, but was hoping for their well-being

This by the way is what the modern Ta'if looks like:

The prayer Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made on his way back was the following:

"Oh, my Allah! To Thee I complain of the feebleness of my strength, of my lack of resources and of my being unimportant in the eyes of people.

Oh, Most Merciful of all those capable of showing mercy! Thou art the Lord of the weak, and Thou art my own Lord.

To whom art Thou to entrust me; to an unsympathetic folk who would sullenly frown at me, or to an alien to whom Thou hast given control over my affairs?

Not in the least do I care for anything except that I may have Thy protection for myself.

I seek shelter in Your light - The light that illuminates the Heavens and dispels all sorts of darkness, and which controls all affairs in this work as well as in the Hereafter.

May it never be that I should incur Thy wrath, or that Thou should be displeased with me. I must remove the cause of Thy displeasure until Thou art pleased.

There is no strength nor power but through Thee."

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 September 2009 at 2:38pm

Steadfastness was also his mien when he lost his own children who were a part of himself. Before the start of his Prophetic mission he lost two boys: al-Qasim and 'Abdullah, who were nicknamed at-Tahir and at-Tayyib. After the mission began, he lost three of his daughters, Zaynab, Ruqayya and Umm Kulthum, after they had married. Then after yearning a long time for another child, Allah gave him Ibrahim. He rejoiced greatly in him and found in him a replacement for those he had lost - and hoped that Allah would let him live to be a joy to him in is old age. However Ibrahim had not even reached the age of sixteen or eighteen months when he died.

As he was dying, the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was informed and he leant on 'Abdu'r-Rahman ibn 'Awf for support owning to the intensity of his grief. He went to see Ibrahim in his mother's lap, gasping for breath, and he placed him in his own lap and said, "Ibrahim, we cannot avail you against Allah at all. " Then he was silent and wept.

When he was certain that Ibrahim wad dead, the tears flowed from his eyes and he said, "Ibrahim, if it had not been that it is a true command and a true promise that the last of us will meet the first of us, we would have been more greived for you than this." 'Abdu'r-Rahman ibn 'awf said to him when he noticed him weeping. "and you as well, Messenger of Allah?'"

He said, "son of Awf, it is mercy." Then the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The eye weeps and the heart grieves, but we only say what is pleasing to our Lord. We are grieved to part from you, O Ibrahim."

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was content with Allah's decree, patient in what He willed so that he said to the mountain to which he entrusted his beloved son: "O mountain, if you had experienced the like of what I have, you would have crumbled, but we belong to Allah and we return to Him."

When the Muslims saw the grief of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, they tried to comfort him and he told them: "I have not forbidden grief. I have forbidden raising the voice in wailing. What you see in me is the effect of love and mercy in the heart. If someone does not show mercy, others will not show mercy to him. Allah shows mercy to those of His slaves who are merciful."

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 September 2009 at 11:52pm

The Prophet's Love for his Brothers of Later Generations

In a hadith, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

“Surely, I wished to reunite with my brothers.”

Whereupon his addressees said:
“Are we not your brothers?”

He answered:
“You are my companions and brothers. After me, there will also come a community who believes in me though they did not see me.”

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2009 at 2:28pm

A Human Being Before a Prophet

Apart from seeing Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the Messenger of God gifted with divine revelation, one can remarkably see him as an ideal example of a perfect human character.

Prophet Muhammad is a person who strove hard for the well-being of his community and of humanity at large. His farsightedness and  ability to correctly read events of his time and to anticipate results helped him, along with divine wisdom from God, to address people's emotions and to win their hearts before their minds. His human touch was inescapable, and his personal appeal and gentle approach won the hearts of enemies before those of friends.

In short, he always found his way to his target audience. His cousin and Companion Ali is reported to have asserted this distinctive aspect of the Prophet's character:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to win the hearts of his Companions with his kind approach. He was never harsh or hardhearted. In his meetings, he used to treat all equally; listening to them all and giving all equal chance to participate in the ongoing discussions. He was a very patient negotiator, and he never withdrew himself from the discussion unless the negotiators themselves leave first. Whenever someone asked him for something, he was keen to fulfil his wish. If not, then he will please his heart with kind words. Among people, he was known by good manners and to them all he was like an affectionate father.

Missed by Friends When Absent

A man like Muhammad was the solace to his friends' souls. They would miss him very much if he went to mind personal matters, even if for a short while. This is the feeling you might have when your soul mate is absent; you always wait in anticipation for him or her to come back. That was the case with the Companions and Prophet Muhammad.

Abu Mohammad Al-Hussein Al-Baghawi in his Ma`alim At-Tanzeel (Landmarks of Revelation) mentions that Thawban, one of the Companions who showed this real love, once came to the Prophet with sadness portrayed on his face. Upon seeing him, Muhammad inquired about this noticeable sadness and very pale face.

This reflects how close the Prophet was to his friends and Companions. He would even ask about these things that we may consider trivial or unnecessary. Thawban replied,

O Messenger of God, I do not suffer from any disease. When our daily meetings come to an end, I miss you a lot until we meet the next day. Now, I remember the Last Day where you will be granted a very special status along with the other prophets and messengers. If God destined me to enter Paradise, then we will not meet due to different degrees, as surely my degree in Paradise will be lower than yours. If God destined me to enter the Hellfire, then we will not meet.

Hearing this, the Prophet remained silent for a while to receive the following revelation shortly afterwards:

[And whoever obeys God and the Messenger, these are with those upon whom God has bestowed favors from among the Prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company they are.] (An-Nisaa' 4:69)

"Isn't he [the dead Jew] a soul created by God?"      - Prophet Muhammad
Situations like the above should not pass unnoticed. The human touch of the Prophet and the way he approached his Companions and people in general did wonders. It ended up with people declaring that Muhammad is dearer to them than their wives, sons, daughters, parents, and selves.

These and many other countless events from the Prophet's biography demonstrate that Muhammad was a highly respectable, reputable, beloved, and kind character.

Even before being divinely ordered by God to carry the divine message, he was called by his own tribesmen "As-Sadiq Al-Amin" (Arabic for "the truthful and the trustworthy").

People of Other Faiths

"This day is the day of mercy. This is a day when honor cannot be transgressed. This is an honorable day for Quraish." 
 -Prophet Muhammad
Muhammad's good manners were not confined to his close friends and Companions. His manners exceeded them to encompass different nationalities and creeds. He taught his Companions how to respect others regardless of their faith, race, color, or creed.

One day, he was sitting among his Companions. A funeral of a Jew from the people of Madinah was passing by, and upon seeing it, the Prophet stood up. His astonished Companions said, "O Prophet of God! He is a Jew." The Prophet taught them how to be respectful Muslims considerate to others' feelings by saying, "Isn't he the dead Jew a soul created by God?"

How far do we go in our hasty judgments on others? How many quick decisions do we make unknowingly and unwisely about our fellow humans? Don't we learn from the above example the respect Muhammad extended to a dead soul? He never derided or cursed a human being or even an animal. He was a caring and lovable character. Violence and harshness are never found in his dictionary.

Dealing With His Enemies

Many are the false, horrible stories one can hear and read about  Prophet  Muhammad being bloodthirsty and war-loving. Had those who study his character attempted to be objective in their studies, they would have realized that he was really a war-hating and merciful commander. He addressed his Companions on the night of the Battle of Badr saying, "Don't ever wish to meet the enemy, but if you are forced to , then be patient" (Al-Bukhari). "If you are forced to do that" means that confrontation was an option he did not prefer.

Muhammad was someone who declared general amnesty before Amnesty International came to existence in today's world.
He was never offensive in his wars and military campaigns. His enemies ask for confrontation, and he enters wars for solely defending his beliefs and his community. He won the hearts of his enemies on the day he victoriously entered Makkah, without wasting a single soul.

One of the Companions, Sa`d ibn `Ubadah, once felt conceited on that day and raised his voice saying, "Today is the day of fierce war, a day in which inviolable rules will become violable, and a day to let Quraish taste humiliation." Upon hearing him, the victorious leader declared, "No, Sa`d! This day is the day of mercy. This is a day when honor cannot be transgressed. This is an honorable day for Quraish."

He never denied his enemies their dignity or honor. He never stripped them of their human characteristics.

He was someone who declared general amnesty before Amnesty International came to existence in today's world. He declared it before all and in broad daylight saying, "Go, you are free " These very people are those who drove the Prophet and all followers of Islam in Makkah out of their homeland (Makkah). They are the ones who relentlessly and fiercely oppressed him and his followers for more than 21 years.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) has been and will always be a human being from whom Muslims learn how to love and deal with one another, and form healthy relationships in today's global village. He left his personal impact on people as a human being before God entrusted him with His message.

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1184649802645&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 September 2009 at 11:43pm

Yes, Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was a human being.

His love for his companions had no limit, and they loved him in return, especially the (Ansar), the Muslims of Madinah, who out of their love for him and for the Muslims of Makkah, gave them all the support they could in an amazing act of love and altruism (ethaar)

He was very humble and down to earth, and that is one of the reasons why his followers loved him so much. He was one of them, and he never made them feel that he was superior, in fact he commanded his followers not to praise him like the Christians praised Jesus, the son of Maryam, and he reminded them that he was the son of a woman from Makkah

When he eventually returned to Makkah after 21 years of persecution by the people of Makkah, he did not enter the city as a victorious king, but entered Makkah with his head bowing to His Lord as a humble servant of God, and he forgave the people of Makkah who had wronged him, attacked him, and fought against him saying, "Go, you are all free"

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 07 September 2009 at 12:07am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2009 at 12:46pm

'A'ishah (ra) narrated:

"Once, when I saw the Prophet in a very good mood, I said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! Supplicate to Allah for me!"

So, he said: "O Allah! Forgive 'A'ishah her past and future sins, what she has hidden, as well as what she has made apparent."

So, I began smiling, to the point that my head fell into my lap out of joy.

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh)said to me: "Does my supplication make you happy?"

I replied: "And how can your supplication not make me happy?"

He then said: "By Allah, it is the supplication that I make for my Ummah in every prayer.""

[Reported in 'Sahih Mawarid adh-Dhaman' (# 1875), Silsilah as-Sahihah' (# 2254)]

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 September 2009 at 1:59pm

The Prophet’s Contribution to Human Thought

It was he [the Prophet Muhammad] who turned the course of human thought from superstition-mongering, love for the unnatural and the inexplicable, and monasticism towards a rational approach, love for reality, and a pious and balanced worldly life.

It was he who, in a world which regarded only supernatural happenings as miracles and demanded them for the verification of the truth of a religious mission, inspired the urge for rational proof and the faith in them as the criterion of truth.

It was he who, in place of baseless speculation, led human beings to the path of rational understanding and sound reasoning on the basis of observation, experiment, and research.

It was he who clearly defined the limits and functions of sense perception, reason, and intuition.

It was he who brought about a rapprochement between spiritual and material values.

It was he who harmonized faith with knowledge and action. It was he who created the scientific spirit with the power of religion and who evolved true religiosity on the basis of the scientific spirit. ......

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout&cid=1158658505864

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version