Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:59am
How the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ Rose above Enmity and Insult

Below are but some of these remarkable instances from humanity’s most luminous life ever:

Let the Angels Respond

Despite the Quran affirming that the insults of Quraysh[16] tightened his chest with pain, he never stooped to reciprocating in kind.

In fact, he ﷺ forever took the higher road of not responding at all, hopeful that this would one day penetrate their harsh hearts, just as Allah instructed him, “Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend.” [Fussilat (41): 34]

On one occasion, the Prophet ﷺ silently smiled when Abu Bakr a – his most noble Companion – abstained from responding to a person insulting him.

But when Abu Bakr eventually spoke up, the Prophet ﷺ was angered by this and left...

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/mohammad-elshinawy/how-the-prophet-muhammad-rose-above-enmity-and-insult/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 July 2017 at 4:13pm
The Prophet’s Inexhaustible Patience

One of the marvelous qualities of beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was his infinite patience.

God was with Muhammad, as He is always with those who patiently persevere:

{God is certainly with those who patiently persevere.} (Quran 2:153)

The Quranic word used for patience is sabr, and there is no English equivalent for it.

We can convey the idea of sabr only by phrases such as endurance against afflictions, patience with delay, perseverance against hardships, steadfastness in the face of setbacks, courage against hostilities, self-restraint against provocations, will power against temptations, and equanimity or calmness of mind as regards fortunes and misfortunes.

Persecution against the Prophet

In all the meanings indicated by the above expressions, the Prophet was a perfect model to his followers.

Indeed his life presents before us the shining example of a man of extraordinary endurance: His father died before his birth; his mother died when he was only six years old; and his grandfather who took up his guardianship also died soon. Then it was his uncle Abu Talib who protected him.

And when God appointed him His last Prophet, he was faced with the most brutal persecution and hostility from his own people. But these harsh experiences of life did not make him a cynic; on the contrary, they perfected his faith in God, making him all the more strongly committed to his God-given mission...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/the-prophets-inexhaustible-patience/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2017 at 5:33am
Muhammad: A Man of Charisma

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was always cheerful, genial, and pleasant-tempered.

He was never rude or rough. He only spoke things that brought rewards from God Almighty.

When he spoke, the listeners would listen to his words with attention. They did not feel any inclination to engage him in heated arguments.

The Prophet would always show patience with a stranger’s roughness of manners or harsh talk. He used to say:

“When you see a person seeking an object earnestly, assist him to get his need.” (Al-Baihaqi)

And no wonder God Almighty said of the Prophet:

{And verily, you (O Muhammad) are on an exalted standard of character.} (68:4)

A person’s face not only reflects the feelings of the heart, but also signals his or her attitude to the world around him or her. Indeed, you may say that the total personality of a person is mirrored in the face.

And to speak about Prophet Muhammad, his smiling face was a source of solace and comfort to all those who came to meet him.

Not just his words and actions, but the very expressions on his face shed rays of peace and tranquility into the hearts of those who were distressed by the pressures of life, or tormented by the afflictions of the soul...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/muhammad-man-charisma/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 5:23am
Good Manners – A Key to Paradise

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) reminded that:

“The most beloved of Allah’s servants to Allah are those with the best manners.” (Al-Bukhari)

Having good manners when socializing isn’t just a plus factor when dealing with people in this temporary abode of this life, but even more so, it is part and parcel of pleasing God in His Grandiosity.

In a hadith in Al-Bukhari’s Book of Manners, Abu Darda’ reported that Prophet Muhammad said:

Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one’s good manners.” (Al-Bukhari) ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/good-manners-a-key-to-paradise/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 August 2017 at 11:43am
The Prophet's Respect for Christians and Jews

Muslims believe that Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) occupies a unique status amongst the Prophets (peace be upon all of them), for he was the only Prophet who, miraculously and directly, spoke with God Almighty. In addition, Moses is the single most-mentioned Prophet by name in the Quran (136 times).

One incident illustrates the respect and honor that Prophet Muhammad had for Moses. It is related that a Muslim and a Jew quarreled. When the Jew praised Moses over Muhammad (peace be upon them both), the Muslim insulted the Jew. The Jew complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) who replied:

“Do not confer on me superiority over Moses, for people will be struck unconscious of the day Resurrection and I will be the first to regain consciousness. And behold! There I will see Moses holding one of the pillars of Allah’s Throne. I will wonder whether he has become conscious before me or he has been exempted because of the unconsciousness he experienced on Mount Sinai.” (Al-Bukhari)

The followers of Prophet Muhammad learned an important lesson from the above hadith i.e. to respect the religious figures and leaders of other communities...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophetic-respect-christians-jews/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 August 2017 at 12:42am
The Prophet's Cool Personality

Prophet Muhammad had a great deal to say on the subject of anger.

In many of his sayings and traditions, Prophet Muhammad tells us to use self-control and respond to the source of our anger with a cool cognitive approach rather than a hot over-emotional response.

The hot or emotional response is often the one we resort to most easily and just as often it usually leads to a less desirable outcome.

Increasingly, modern studies suggest that people who consistently have a hot response should be offered ways to cool down their response.

Let us examine some of the hadith from the perspective of self-control.

The strong person is not he who has physical strength but he that can control his anger. (Al-Bukhari)

Prophet Muhammad is telling us that it takes a strong person to have self-restraint when he or she is angry and that self-control is obviously a desirable quality for a believer to aspire to...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophets-cool-personality/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 August 2017 at 4:28am
Who Are The Prophet’s Brothers and Sisters?

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) came to a graveyard and said:

“Peace be upon you! The abode of the believing people and we, if God so wills, are about to join you. I love to see my brothers.”

They (the hearers) said: ‘Aren’t we your brothers, O Messenger of Allah?’

He said: ‘You are my companions, and our brothers are those who have, so far, not come into the world.” (Muslim)

Knowing that the Prophet has called the future generations of his followers his ‘brothers and sisters’ snaps me out of this self-pity. Because even though I am far from him in time and place and in so many other ways, I strive to be his sister, his family.

If you think about it, what is closer than being a sibling?

We all have companions– friends who hang with us and listen to our problems, and even take our advice. But at the end of the day, no one is closer to us than our brothers and sisters. No one is closer to you than your family.

Calling those who believe in him in future generations his siblings bring solace to my heart and makes me feel very close to him. But how can we be closer to him than his companions? ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophets-brothers-sisters/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2017 at 3:29pm
Muhammad – The Humble Leader

“To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.”

As I read this description, I realized that effective leaders are those who work for their people, those who are humble, and those who neither flaunt their status nor exploit their power.

It is hard to come by such individuals in real life, and you rarely come across the perfect combination of humility, knowledge, and charisma that is required of the perfect leaders.

I sat back looking out into the garden and tried to identify an individual who fitted this role. I thought for a while and then slowly smiled to myself; I had found the perfect leader!

I thought of a man who rose to be the initiator of a new way of life that today has about 1.8 billion adherents spread across the world, a man who at the height of his success maintained the humility displayed in his youth.

His wisdom, he asserted, was never his own but rather was divine revelation; at the height of his success, he proclaimed, “I am but an ordinary man.”...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/muhammad-the-humble-leader/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:24am
Prophet Muhammad: The Thankful Slave

Even after Khadija’s death, Prophet Muhammad appreciated her. He mentioned her positively very often before his other wives; he appreciated her friends and sent gifts as a continuing legacy of goodwill.

He also appreciated the blessing of children that God blessed him with through Khadija.

How often do we see such humble and thankful behavior, especially after a wife’s death?

How many husbands remember their deceased wives years later like this, especially if they remarry and acquire younger wives? ...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophet-muhammad-the-thankful-slave/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2017 at 4:32pm

The Gentleness of Prophet Muhammad

In this video, Abdel Rahman Murphey discusses the gentleness of Prophet Muhammad in the times of difficulty, with his enemies and his family members.

http://www.islamreligion.com/videos/11081/gentleness-of-prophet-muhammad/

(23 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2017 at 5:15am
Tranquility in the Life of the Prophet, peace be upon him

A reminder by Sheikh Hamza Yusuf on the tranquility and forbearance of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E57mYsqpJYI

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2017 at 6:06am
Countering Bigotry - The Prophet's Last Sermon

Last Friday's speech in Boston by Sheikh Yasir Fahmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tS-31ZSHAk

(35 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2017 at 7:30am
The Prophet’s Perfect Tolerance Towards Other Faiths

The best example of the tolerance shown by the Prophet to other religions may be the constitution itself, called the “Saheefah” by early historians.

When the Prophet migrated to Madinah, his role as a mere religious leader ended; he was now the political leader of a state, governed by the precepts of Islam, which demanded that clear laws of governance be laid out to ensure harmony and stability in a society which once had been distraught by decades of war, one which must ensure the peaceful coexistence of Muslims, Jews, Christians and polytheists.

Due to this, the Prophet laid down a ‘constitution’ which detailed the responsibilities of all parties which resided in Madinah, their obligations towards each other, and certain restrictions which were placed on each...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/the-prophets-perfect-tolerance-towards-other-faiths/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2017 at 1:22pm
Prophet Muhammad’s Cool Personality

Prophet Muhammad had a great deal to say on the subject of anger.

In many of his sayings and traditions, Prophet Muhammad tells us to use self-control and respond to the source of our anger with a cool cognitive approach rather than a hot over-emotional response.

The hot or emotional response is often the one we resort to most easily and just as often it usually leads to a less desirable outcome.

Increasingly, modern studies suggest that people who consistently have a hot response should be offered ways to cool down their response.

Let us examine some of the hadith from the perspective of self-control...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/prophet-muhammads-cool-personality/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version