Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 46
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2017 at 5:17am
The More You Know Him, The More You Love Him

(A Convert's Reflections)

When I first heard about a religion called Islam, I had never heard of a Prophet named Muhammad.

I had never even heard of any man named Muhammad for that matter.

It might have been due to the fact that growing up, I was pretty sheltered.

Or it could’ve had something to do with the fact that the first time I heard of Islam was in 1998. A time before mass anti-Muslim propaganda...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/the-more-you-know-him-the-more-you-love-him/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2017 at 10:12am
Muhammad (PBUH)- Prophet, Leader, Servant

“People want leaders who listen to them, and empower them rather than who practice power over them.” (Leonard Pellicer, Caring Enough to Lead).

But we also know what makes a good leader. The role of a prophet in its essence is that of leadership. God chose these men and women, these prophets, as leaders to show people the way back to Him. The prophets were examples of great leaders.

When we look to the prophets for guidance in what it means to be a good leader, we learn that being a good leader is being a servant—the opposite of what most think leadership is.

It is in Muhammad’s (PBUH) role as prophet, that we today still can witness what is meant to be a great leader. And most who read the biography of the Prophet Muhammad will come to understand that he was a servant to God first and to his people second...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/muhammad-pbuh-prophet-leader-servant/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 November 2017 at 2:53am
Cherish Your Wife the Prophet’s Way (10+ Hadiths)

In Islam, the relationship between husband and wife is a strong bond to be nurtured with kindness, love and mercy.

It is so significant that Allah Almighty mentions it in the Qur’an as one of His great signs in the world:

{And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought} (Ar-Rum 30:21)

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the role model for every Muslim in all aspects of life.

When you read about the Prophet’s treatment of his wives, you will be amazed by the great level of care, gentleness, love and compassion he showed them...

http://www.aboutislam.net/shariah/hadith/cherish-your-wife-the-prophets-way-10-hadiths/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svXUmamE-rs

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 November 2017 at 1:19am
Stories and Lessons from the Prophet’s Leniency

God said in the Quran that he had not sent Prophet Muhammad except as a mercy to humankind. (Quran 21:107)

He was lenient, merciful and tolerant and his words and actions did indeed relieve pain and stress. They continue to do so and Prophet Muhammad’s simple yet effective ways of dealing with life are inherently lenient.

God intended Prophet Muhammad’s example to be one of kindness and forgiveness.

{Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad)}, He said, {and enjoin kindness…} (Quran 7:199)

Gentleness, as we all know, entices people while hardheartedness pushes them away.

By the grace of God, you are gentle towards the people; if you had been harsh and hard-hearted, they would have dispersed from around you. (Quran 3:159)

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/about-muhammad/stories-and-lessons-from-the-prophets-leniency/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2017 at 1:14am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the Best Example

Muslims seize the occasion of Prophet Muhammad's Birth to learn more about the Prophet and reflect on his life for lessons and guidance.

This page offers a wealth of stories, insights, lessons, and reflections.

True love for the Prophet is reflected in following into his steps; we hope our new page will help you achieve this great goal.

http://aboutislam.net/special-coverage/prophet-muhammad-the-best-example

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2017 at 4:49am
Relevance Before Religion: The Meccan Prophet

In the 40 years prior to Prophethood, the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was famously known by the people of Mecca as Al-Amin - The Trustworthy One.

Through his character, he was relevant in the most significant way.

Usama Canon explains the responsibility Muslims have today of being culturally relevant in our communities before we try to engage others in dialogue about God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-reGNhCX4

(4 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 December 2017 at 4:47am
The compassion of the Prophet towards those who abused him

Even when the pagan Arabs reacted to the message of the Prophet with extreme hatred he showed love and kindness.

The following examples from the life of the Prophet show us how we should react when faced with hatred.

We can see one of the most patient and tolerant aspects of the Prophet's character in the incident of an old woman who made a habit of throwing trash in the way of the Holy Prophet Muhammad whenever he passed by her house.

The story related about this incident, mentions a neighbor of the Prophet that tried her best to irritate him by throwing garbage in his way every day.

One day, when he walked out of his home there was no garbage. This made the Prophet inquire about the old woman and he came to know that she was sick.

The Prophet went to visit her and offer any assistance she might need.

The old woman was extremely humbled and at the same time ashamed of her actions in light of the concern that the Prophet showed her...

http://www.islamicity.org/8645/the-compassion-of-the-prophet-towards-those-who-abused-him/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2017 at 3:21am
Learn Leadership from Prophet Muhammad

Reflections on the Prophet's leadership by Abdul Nasir Jangda

1- The accessibility of Prophet Muhammad

2- His forbearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVOgosSC5Hk

(5 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2018 at 6:27am
The Treaties of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of His Time

According to Jewish and Christian tradition, a thousand years after Abraham, the Jewish people were slaves, locked in perpetual servitude in Egypt before being led to freedom by Moses.

On their epic trek to Palestine, Moses broke the journey in the area around Mount Sinai.

It was at its peak that Moses received from God a set of covenants, or laws, etched into clay tablets. These 10 Commandments became the foundation for a moral existence.

Over 1000 years later, in 2 AH or 624 CE, the Prophet Muhammad wrote and granted a different covenant to the monks at the Monastery of St. Catherine, a 60-year-old Christian abbey at the base of Mount Sinai.

Though not commanding the recipients to honor their mother and father or desist in the creation of idols, the covenant from the Prophet Muhammad did something unheard of in the annals of history — it promised to protect the Christian monks and residents of the region from any incursions, attacks, or efforts to take over the Christian pilgrimage site.

It swore to protect the monks singularly and as a group wherever they were. Further, the contract vowed to allow all inhabitants to keep the religion of their choice.

The handwritten words on parchment, signed with the Prophet’s hand-print bound the Islamic nation to honor these promises “for all time, even unto the Day of Judgment and the end of the world.”

Dr. John A. Morrow, academic, researcher, scholar, teacher, a member of the Canadian Métis community, and an activist, converted to Islam at the age of 16, while a high school student in his native Canada.

Still a teen, Morrow continued to research Islam through dozens of texts, and he came across an 18th-century text written by Richard Pococke which described and translated parts of the treaty the Prophet Muhammad had initiated with the Monks of Mount Sinai.

In one section of the document, the text reads, “That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle upon any mountain, hill, village, or other habitable place, on the sea, or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid, and protection…” ...

http://www.islamicity.org/13868/islamic-treasures-the-treaties-of-the-prophet-muhammad-with-the-christians-of-his-time/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 46
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version