Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Love for All Beings Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 21 October 2009 at 8:13pm
May the Blessings and Peace of Allah be upon him

Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) Manners and Disposition 

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"Allah has sent me as an apostle so that I may demonstrate perfection of character, refinement of manners and loftiness of deportment." [Muwatta; Musnad; Mishkat]

By nature he was gentle and kind-hearted, always inclined to be gracious and to overlook the faults of others. Politeness and courtesy, compassion and tenderness, simplicity and humility, sympathy and sincerity were some of the keynotes of his character. In the cause of right and justice he could be resolute and severe but more often than not, his severity was tempered with generosity. He had charming manners which won him the affection of his followers and secured their devotion. Though virtual king of Arabia and an apostle of Allah, he never assumed an air of superiority. Not that he had to conceal any such vein by practice and artifice -- with fear of Allah, sincere humility was ingrained in his heart. He used to say,

"I am a Prophet of Allah but I do not know what will be my end." [Sahih Bukhari]

In one of his sermons calculated to instil the fear of Allah and the day of reckoning in the hearts of men, he said,

"O people of Quraish be prepared for the hereafter, I cannot save you from the punishment of Allah; O Bani Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah; O Abbas, son of Abdul Mutalib, I cannot protect you either; O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, even you I cannot save." [Sahahin]

He used to pray, "O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." [Ahmed, Musnad]

He always received people with courtesy and showed respect to older people and stated: "To honor an old man is to show respect to Allah."

He would not deny courtesy even to wicked or ill intentioned people. It is stated that a person came to his house and asked permission for admission. The Prophet (pbuh) knew that he was not a good person but allowed him to be admitted. When he came in and while he remained in the house, he was shown full courtesy. When he left A'isha (ra) said, "You did not think well of this man, but you treated him so well." The Prophet (pbuh) replied, "He is a bad person in the sight of Allah who does not behave courteously and people shun his company because of his bad manners." [Sahih Bukhari]

He was always the first to greet another and would not withdraw his hand from a handshake till the other man withdrew his. If one wanted to say something in his ears, he would not turn away till one had finished. [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi] He did not like people to get up for him and used to say, "Let him who likes people to stand up in his honour, he should seek a place in hell." [Abu Dawud]

He would himself, however, stand up when any dignitary came to him. He had stood up to receive the wet nurse who had reared him in infancy and had spread his own sheet for her. His foster brother was given similar treatment. He avoided sitting at a prominent place in a gathering, so much so that people coming in had difficulty in spotting him and had to ask which was the Prophet (pbuh). Quite frequently uncouth, Bedouins accosted him in their own gruff and impolite manner but he never took offence. [Abu Dawud]

He used to visit the poorest of ailing persons and exhorted all Muslims to do likewise. [Sahih Bukhari] He would sit with the humblest of persons saying that righteousness alone was the criterion of one's superiority over another. He invariably invited people be they slaves, servants or the poorest believers, to partake with him of his scanty meals. [Tirmidhi]

Whenever he visited a person he would first greet him and then take his permission to enter the house. He advised the people to follow this etiquette and not to get annoyed if anyone declined to give permission, for it was quite likely the person concerned was busy otherwise and did not mean any disrespect.

There was no type of household work too low or too undignified for him. A'isha (ra) has stated,

"He always joined in household work and would at times mend his clothes, repair his shoes and sweep the floor. He would milk, tether, and feed his animals and do the household shopping." [Qazi Iyaz: Shifa; Sahih Bukhari]

He would not hesitate to do the menial work of others, particularly of orphans and widows. [Nasi, Darmi] Once when there was no male member in the house of the companion Kabab Bin Arat who had gone to the battlefield, he used to go to his house daily and milk his cattle for the inhabitants [Ibn Saad ]

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:48pm

‘He elevated the low, and he lowered the elevated that they might meet in that middle place known as brotherhood’

~Sheikh Hamza Yusuf
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 3:17pm

The Prophet (pbuh) once came out to the Mosque and said:

“Let no one among you convey to me what is said about me (in terms of what will give rise to bad feelings in my heart). For indeed I love to come out to you with a pure and clean heart (without having negative feelings about any of you as a result of knowing what you said about me)”

(Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhi)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:57pm

Sharing is Caring

The religion of Islam, as taught to us by Prophet Muhammad, urges kind and considerate treatment towards our neighbors. They deserve our respect and good treatment regardless of their religion, race, or color.

It is reported that the angel Gabriel insisted that Prophet Muhammad understand the importance of the good treatment of neighbors. Prophet Muhammad said that at one stage, he thought the angel Gabriel would bestow inheritance rights on neighbors; such was his insistence on their kind and fair treatment. (Al-Bukhari) ...

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1254573719495&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam/DIELayout&ref=body

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2009 at 3:21pm

Prophet Muhammad's(pbuh) Politeness

The Prophet, as a human being, was sometimes greatly hurt by people’s ignorance, but he would not utter a single word of disapproval. The Qur’an refers to this in these words:

0 you who believe! Enter not the Prophet’s houses -until permission is given to you -for a meal, (and then) not so early as to wait for its preparation: but when you are invited, enter; and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without stopping to gossip. Such behavior annoys the Prophet, but he would be ashamed to dismiss you, but Allah is not ashamed to tell you the truth. (Qur’an, 33:53)

There are many Ahadith of the Prophet which bear witness to his most courteous and polite conduct in social relationships: “Anas said that a woman whose mind was affected once came to the Prophet and said: “Allah’s Messenger! I want something from you.” He replied: “Mother of so-and-so, take me where you live so that I may accomplish what you want.” He then went along with her to her home and helped her with some jobs. (Muslim)

Ali bin abi Talib said that Allah’s Messenger owed some dinars to a Jewish doctor, and he demanded payment from the Prophet. When he told him that he had nothing to pay him with, the Jew replied: “I will not leave you, Muhammad, until you pay me.” Allah’s Messenger said: “I shall sit with you, then,” and did so. Allah’s Messenger offered the noon, afternoon, sunset and night prayers and the next day’s morning prayers. The companions were threatening the Jew. Allah’s Messenger being aware of what they were doing, stopped them. Then they said: “Messenger of Allah! Is the Jew keeping you in restraint?” to which he replied: “My Lord has prevented me from wronging one with whom a covenant has been made or anyone else.” Then, when the day advanced, the Jew said: “I testify that there is no God but Allah, and I testify that you are Allah’s Messenger. Then he said that half of his property would be devoted to Allah’s Way, and added: “I swear by Allah that my only purpose in treating you as I have done was that I might know the description of you given in the Torah. ‘Muhammad ibn Abdullah, whose birthplace is in Mekkah, whose place of emigration is in Taiba, and whose kingdom is in Syria; he is not harsh or rough or loud-voiced in the streets, and he is not characterized by coarseness of lewd speech’

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2009 at 4:51pm

Prophet Muhammad,s (pbuh) lesson on Gratitude

Allah says: “And if you were to count the blessings of Allah, you will never be able to count them. God is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful” Qur’an (Surat An-Nahl, 14: 34)

Aisha (ra) said that the Prophet entered upon her one day and saw a small piece of bread on the floor, so he picked it up and wiped it, then told her:

“O Aisha, treat the blessings of Allah with respect, for when it departs from a household it may never come back to them” (Abi ad-Dunya)

The Prophet (pbuh) has also said: “The one who does not give thanks for a small blessing will not give thanks for a great blessing, and the one who does not give thanks to people will not give thanks to Allah” (Abi ad-Dunya)

The Prophet (pbuh) has admonished us, “Look at those people who have less than you and never look at those who have more grants than you, this will ensure that you will not depreciate Allah’s favors” (Muslim).

Umar (ra) said that when a calamity befell him, he would thank Allah for four things: that the calamity was not in his religion, that it was not bigger than it was, that he would be rewarded with Paradise if he was patient, and that it reminded him of his biggest calamity, which was losing the Prophet (pbuh).

So what should we do to ensure that we are thankful?

- Reflect on the blessings, big and small: Sulayman, a follower of the Prophet’s Companions, once said: “Remembering His blessings makes one love Allah.”

- Give Thanks for them. The Prophet (pbuh) taught us: “Allah is pleased with His servant if, when he eats something he thanks Allah for it, and when he drinks something he thanks Allah for it” (Muslim).

- Prostrate (fall into sajda) when you receive a blessing from Allah: The Beloved (pbuh) used to prostrate to Allah whenever he received something pleasant or was told good news to thank Allah for the grace he had received.

- Do good for others: The Prophet (pbuh) said, “People are dependents of Allah; the closest to Him are those who are most useful to His dependants” (Muslim).

- Finally, we must remember that the biggest blessing, and one we should constantly be grateful for, is our Islam, and say:

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللَّهُ

“Alhamdulillah, Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us” (7:43)

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 26 October 2009 at 5:51pm

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ---Kindness

The Prophet Muhammad taught love, kindness and compassion to his people, and was seen to be the most loving, kind, and compassionate of all of them.There are many instances that show his kindness and gentleness, especially to the weak and the poor.

Once he said to his wife: “0 ‘A’ishah! Never turn away any needy man from your door empty-handed. 0 ‘A’ishah! Love the poor; bring them near to you and Allah will bring you near to Him on the Day of Resurrection”. He also went much further on to say: “Seek me among your weak ones, for you are given provision, or you are given help only by reason of the presence of your weak ones”. (Rahman, Encyclopaedia of Seerah, VOL. VIII, p. 151)

Allah Almighty is Kind, and the Prophet imitated Allah’s example in its perfection by showing kindness to his servants and all creatures without any regard for their beliefs, color or nationality. The Prophet said: “Allah is kind and likes kindness in all things” (Bukhari, 6601).

He never used any harsh words towards anyone. The worst expression he ever used in his conversation was: “What has come over him? May his forehead become darkened with mud”. His heart ached within him at the corrupt state of his fellow-beings. The Holy Qur’an testifies to it in these words: “0 Muhammad, you will, perhaps, consume yourself with grief because the people do not believe” (Qur’an 26:3). In Surah Kahf, we read: “Well, 0 Muhammad, it may be that you will kill yourself for their sake out of sorrow if they do not believe in this Message.” (Qur’an 18:6). And Surah Fatir says: “So let not your life be consumed in grief for their sake.” (Qur’an 35:8).

He took a great interest in the welfare of all people and had great compassion for people in trouble. The Prophet Muhammad imitated the attributes of Allah par excellence and translated them into practice in the highest form possible for man. Kindness is an attribute of Allah, which has no limits. It is extensive and encompasses all things and all beings without discrimination. Likewise was the kindness of the Prophet. He extended it to all beings, both animate and inanimate and benefited all without measure. The Qur’anic words for the Prophet’s kindness, ra’ufun rahirn (Qur’an 9:128) are very intensive and comprehensive in meaning and convey the true nature and extent of the Prophet’s kindness to people.

This means that the Prophet cautioned his followers against general maltreatment of anyone regardless of his status. By extending good treatment from friends to relatives and  to neighbors, Prophet Muhammad was intent in making all humans interdependent as he emphasized in the following words: “All creatures are Allah’s dependants, and those dearest to Allah are the ones who treat His dependants kindly” (Rahman, VOL VIII, p. 154). 
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2009 at 2:15am

Muhammad: A Man Of Charisma

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was always cheerful, genial, and pleasant-tempered. He was never rude or rough. He only spoke things that brought rewards from Allah (God) Almighty.

When he spoke, the listeners would listen to his words with attention. They did not feel any inclination to engage him in heated arguments. The Prophet would always show patience with a stranger's roughness of manners or harsh talk. He used to say:

"When you see a person seeking an object earnestly, assist him to get his need." (Al-Baihaqi)

And no wonder God Almighty said of the Prophet:

{And verily, you (O Muhammad) are on an exalted standard of character.] (Al-Qalam 68:4)

A person's face not only reflects the feelings of the heart, but also signals his or her attitude to the world around him or her. Indeed, you may even say that the total personality of a person is mirrored in the face.

And to speak about Prophet Muhammd, his smiling face was a source of solace and comfort to all those who came to meet him. Not just his words and actions, but the very expressions on his face shed rays of peace and tranquility into the hearts of those who were distressed by the pressures of life, or tormented by the afflictions of the soul.

Abdullah ibn Harith reported: "I have never seen anyone more in the habit of smiling than Allah's Messenger." (At-Tirmidhi)

The Prophet's smiles had spread such an aura of indescribable joy among his Companions to the extent that they forgot all their anxieties and worries in his presence and became totally fascinated with the Prophet himself.

The reason was that the Prophet was a perfect personality who always exuded a charisma of charm and geniality. His way was one of harmony and compassion. He was polite and considerate to everyone, and always kept a smiling face. Once, he told his Companions, "Smiling at your brother is a charity." (At-Tirmidhi) ........

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1256033960866&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout&ref=body

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 27 October 2009 at 2:22am
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2009 at 10:53pm

"Even on the day he died, while lying in his sickbed, he did not neglect to smile. While Abû Bakr was getting the people lined up for prayer, the Prophet managed to stand up and move aside the curtain of his room. His face was like a page from a Qur'an manuscript. Yet he smiled at them, a bright laughing smile."

[Sahîh al-Bukhârî (639) and Sahîh Muslim (636)]
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 October 2009 at 3:33pm

Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)---"Human Rights"

The Prophet(s) firmly established the rule of justice among his people by his own example and practice. When he was on his deathbed, just a few moments before he breathed his last breath, he had it publicly announced:

"Is there anyone among you whom I have stricken? Here is my back, let him strike me in return. Is there anyone whose character I have defamed or insulted? Let him now cast reproach upon me. Is there anyone from whom I have taken anything unjustly? Let him now come forward and be indemnified."

(Rahaman, Encyclopaedia of Seerah, Vol.III, London, 1994, P.164)

Such was his consciousness and understanding of the rights of other people, and of the need to dispense them with absolute fairness and justice that he did not forget it even at the time of his last breath. This is an ever-living reminder to the Muslims of the great importance of fairness and justice. It is an obligation of the Muslims first to Allah, who gave them a Code of Law concerning the determining of the rights of the people with full justice, and second to the Prophet(s), who, by his strict adherence to the rule of law, firmly established this principle among them and warned them never to relax its enforcement.

Edited by a well wisher - 28 October 2009 at 3:33pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 29 October 2009 at 3:33pm

“The league of nations founded by the prophet of Islam put the principle of international unity and human brotherhood on such universal foundations as to show candle to other nations." He continues: "The fact is that no nation of the world can show a parallel to what Islam has done towards the realization of the idea of the League of Nations.”
-PROF. HURGRONJE

When the Muslims conquered Makkah, victorious after years of persecution, then war with the non-believing Quraysh, the Prophet went straight to the Kaba.

This was the height of the victory of Islam. He brought some other Muslims with him. He could have chosen only Muslims from the Quraysh, people of his own ethnic and tribal background. He also could have chosen only Arabs or only those of the old noble classes.

But two of the people who entered the Kaba with the Prophet were Bilal ibn Rabah and Zaid ibn Haritha. Bilal, an African and a former slave. Zaid was also not of high status from the tribal Quraysh point of view. Then entered a Qurayshi, Abdullah bin Omar, may Allah be pleased with all of them.

On this day of victory, success and happiness was for all Muslims, no matter who they were or where they come from.

It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for, in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: 'God Alone is Great'... I have been struck over and over again by this indivisible unity of Islam that makes man instinctively a brother.”

-S. Naidu, IDEALS OF ISLAM,  Speeches & Writing

Edited by a well wisher - 29 October 2009 at 3:34pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 October 2009 at 3:34pm

No Compulsion In Religion

The Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings, is unequalled in that he appeared as a sword of valor and eloquence against unbelief and savagery. He proclaimed the truth with the clearest voice and showed mankind the ways to true existence.”
-Fethullah Gulen

Beyond carrying the message to them nothing further was attempted. That is why all the words used in the Qur’an for the order, to convey God’s message fully, are synonymous with information and warning. (Qur’an 15:94, 16:44, 21:109, 7:79, 7:35, 17:101, 29:51, 34:28, 3:193, 61:7, 5:67, 14:5).           

Baihaqi relates that according to Mughira ibn Shuba, one day when the Prophet was explaining Islam to Abu Jahal, the latter said: “Muhammad, won’t you stop criticizing our Idols? What you want is that we testify to the fact that you have conveyed the message, so we do bear witness that you have conveyed it!”           

The Prophet repeatedly asked his companions to bear witness to the fact that he had fully conveyed God’s message to them. Imam Ahmad relates that; according to Thalaba bin Ibad Al-Abdari, once when the Prophet stood up to give a speech he said, after praising God:

O, people, I ask you on God’s oath to point out to me if I have fallen short, to any degree, in conveying God’s message to you.’ People stood up and said, ‘We testify that you have delivered God’s message to us. You have done full justice to the task as a well-wisher of your Ummah, and you have fulfilled your responsibility.”

"Like almost every major prophet before him, Muhammad fought shy of serving as the transmitter of God's word, sensing his own inadequacy. But the angel commanded "Read." So far as we know, Muhammad was unable to read or write, but he began to dictate those inspired words which would soon revolutionize a large segment of the earth: "There is one God.”
-James A. Michener, "ISLAM: THE MISUNDERSTOOD RELIGION

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 31 October 2009 at 4:00pm

Gentleness, caring and love

He kept striving to soothe the consciences of believers who were afraid of their own weaknesses and failings...

The Prophet hated to let his companions nurture a pointless feeling of guilt. He kept telling them that they must never stop conversing with the One, the Most Kind, the Most Merciful who welcomes everyone in His grace and benevolence and who loves the sincerity of hearts that regret and return to Him. This is the profound meaning of “at-tawbah” offered to every conscience: “sincerely returning to God” after a slip, a mistake, a sin. God loves that sincere return to Him and He forgives and purifies.

The faithful felt that he saw, respected, understood and loved them, and indeed, he did love them, he told them so, and he moreover advised them to remember to tell one another of their mutual love: “When someone loves their brother [or sister] let them tell them that they love them.” He once took young Mu`âdh ibn Jabal by the hand and whispered: “O Mu`âdh, by God, I love you. And I advise you, o Mu`âdh, never to forget to say, after each ritual prayer: ‘O God, help me remember You, thank You and perfect my worship of You.’”Thus the young man was offered, in one outburst, both love and spiritual teaching, and the teaching was all the more deeply assimilated as it was wrapped in that love.

http://www.tariqramadan.com/spip.php?article723

Edited by a well wisher - 31 October 2009 at 4:02pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 01 November 2009 at 12:22pm

What we learn from Muhammad (saw), who somehow falls out of civil war of ideas among Muslims, and whose referential authority is lost in the clatter and chatter over orthodoxy, is that principles, wisdom and compassion are to all merge in the person of knowledge and guidance. If we recall the example of the Bedouin urinating in the Mosque, how Abu Bakr (r) attempted to handle the situation and how the Prophet (saw) managed the crisis and potential conflict, then we see that knowledge is much more than place, principles, and ideas. Rather, knowledge has a lot to do with enriching life for others by way of principles with wisdom and in a spirit of compassion (Muhammad was sent as compassion to the creation)...

(Source:Imam Suhaib Webb's blog)

<< Prev Page  of 47 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version