Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Mulla Nasruddin Stories... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2009 at 2:57pm

Mullah Nasrudin went into a shop to buy a pair of trousers. Then he changed his mind and chose a cloak instead, at the same price. Picking up the cloak he left the shop. "You have not paid," shouted the merchant. "I left you the trousers, which were of the same value as the cloak." "But you did not pay for the trousers either."

"Of course not," said Nasruddin - "why should I pay for something that I did not want to buy?"
La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:47pm

“Oh, great sage, Nasrudin,” said the eager student, “I must ask you a very important question, the answer to which we all seek:

What is the secret to attaining happiness?”

Nasrudin thought for a time, then responded. 

“The secret of happiness is good judgment.”

“Ah,” said the student.  “But how do we attain good judgment?

“From experience,” answered Nasrudin.

“Yes,” said the student.  “But how do we attain experience?’

“Bad judgment.”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2009 at 7:14pm

A would-be disciple visited the home of Nasrudin.

He was told:

‘You must try to answer a question, if you succeed, I will accept you for teaching in three years’ time.’

The Question was put and the seeker puzzled over it until he had an answer

‘Your answer is correct you may go away for the 1001 days waiting, after which you will be allowed to return here, to receive the Teaching.’

The applicant was delighted. When he thanked Nasrudin , he asked:

‘What would have happened if I had failed to provide the correct answer?’

‘Oh in that case- you would have been admitted immediately!’

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:55pm

"That pain in your leg is caused by old age," the doctor told Mulla Nasrudin.

"That can't be," replied the Mulla.

"The other leg is the same age and doesn't hurt a bit."

Edited by a well wisher - 16 December 2009 at 6:57pm
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2009 at 2:27pm

A certain conqueror said to Nasrudin:

"Mulla, all the great rulers of the past had honorific titles with the name of God in them: there was, for instance, God-Gifted, and God-Accepted, and so on.

How about some such name for me?"

"God Forbid," said Nasrudin.
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 December 2009 at 5:04pm

On his way from Persia to India, Mulla Nasrudin saw a man selling a small long green fruit which he had never seen before.  Curious, he asked the vendor:  “What is this lovely fruit?” 

“Chillies. Fresh Green Chillies,” said the Vendor. 

Mulla Nasrudin gave the vendor a gold coin and the Vendor was so overjoyed that he gave Nasrudin the full basket of green Chillies.

Mulla Nasrudin sat down under a tree and started to munch the Chillies and   within a few seconds, his mouth was burning. Tears streamed down his cheeks, his nose watered copiously and there was fire his throat.  But, utterly nonchalant, Nasrudin went on eating the chillies and his condition began to get worse and worse.

Seeing his pitiable condition, a passerby asked, “What’s wrong with you? Why don’t you stop eating those hot Chillies?

“May be there is one that is sweet, “Nasrudin answered. “I keep waiting for the sweet one!” Nasrudin said and he kept on eating the fiery Chillies.

On his way back, the passerby saw that Mulla Nasrudin’s condition had become even more terrible, but he kept on eating, and the basket of Chillies was almost empty. 

“Stop at once or you will die.  There are no sweet Chillies!” the passerby shouted at Nasrudin. 

“I cannot stop until I have finished the whole basketful,” Nasrudin said, croaking in agony,

“I have paid for the full basket   I am not eating Chillies anymore.  I am eating my money”.
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2009 at 2:40pm

What Has Gone Before

In a dark alleyway an agile pickpocket tried to snatch Mulla Nasrudin's purse. Nasrudin was too quick for him, and there was a violent struggle. Eventually Nasrudin got this man down on the ground.

At this moment a charitable woman passing by called out:

"You bully! Let that little man get up, and give him a chance."

"Madam," panted Nasrudin, "you ignore the trouble which I have had getting him down."
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2009 at 5:00pm
THAT'S WHY THEY APPRECIATE IT

'Never give people anything they ask for until at least a day has passed!' said the Mulla.

'Why not, Nasrudin?'

'Experience shows that they only appreciate something when they have had the opportunity of doubting whether they will get it or not.'

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:45am

Once, Mullah Nasruddin bought a violin. And he began to play.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Same note, same string, over and over.

After a few hours his wife was at her wits' end. "Nasruddin!" she screamed.

NEEE..

Nasruddin put down the bow. "Yes dear?"

"Why do you play the same note? It's driving me crazy! All the real violin players move their fingers up and down, play on different strings! Why don't you play like they do?"

"Well dear, I know why they go up and down and try all different strings."

"Why is that?"

"They're looking for *this* note." And he picked up his bow and resumed his playing.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:19pm

"Nasrudin," a friend said one day, "I am moving to another village. Can I have your ring, so that I will remember you every time I look at it?"

Nasrudin replied, “Well, you might lose the ring and then forget about me. How about I don’t give you a ring in the first place—that way, every time you look at your finger and don’t see a ring, you will definitely remember me.”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2010 at 3:50pm

Once upon a time, Nasruddin went to the marketplace and put up a sign that read,

"Whoever has stolen my donkey, please return it to me and I will give it to them."

- "Nasruddin!", exclaimed the townspeople, "Why did you put up such a sign?"

- "There are two great gifts in life," replied Nasruddin. "One is to find something that you've lost and the other is to give something - that you love - away."

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2010 at 7:13pm

The Mulla's donkey ran into the square - at the center of the town - and stopped short. The Mulla fell off. Some young good-for-nothings hanging around pointed at him and laughed. "Why are you laughing? This was foreseen and planned for.

It is plain to see that I am making progress. Just think about it. I used to be there. Now I am here," retorted Nasruddin.
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2010 at 6:14pm

"Why are you out wandering the streets in the middle of the night?"

"Sir," replies Nasruddin, "if I knew the answer to that question, I would have been Home hours ago!"
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:41am

"Pain," Nasruddin told a respected doctor, "is something one can get used to and live with, without too much trouble."

The satisfied physician nodded gladly - in agreement.

"There is, however, one exception" continued Nasruddin.

"Oh? and what is that?" asked the doctor.

-"When it hurts YOU" replied Nasruddin.

<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version