Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Mulla Nasruddin Stories... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:11am

One day, a seeker, after a lengthy and difficult search, finds Nasrudin sitting in a hut on the side of a mountain. Knowing that every action of the illuminated teacher is important, the seeker asks why Nasrudin is blowing on his hands. "They're cold, so I'm warming them," Nasrudin says.

A little while later, Nasrudin produces two bowls of soup, and begins to blow on his own. Again, the seeker asks why, and this time Nasrudin says he's cooling it. With that, the seeker leaves, "unable to trust any longer a man who uses the same process to arrive at opposite results!"

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:44am

Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side:

- "Hey! how do I get across?"

- "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2009 at 3:24am

Nasrudin was a judge and arbitrator in a dispute. First the advocate of the first side gave an eloquent discourse advancing his claims. Nasrudin who had been listening intently agreed and said, "That's right." Next it was the other advocates turn and he was just as erudite. Once more Nasrudin agreed adding, "That's right." His clerk listening to  Nasrudin's pronouncements commented, "They can't both be right."  Nasrudin said, "That's right!"
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 26 October 2009 at 1:46am
To What End

The board of a large company were working on their mission statement.

"What is your fundamental purpose?" asked Nasrudin.

"Our mission is to create constantly increasing dividends for our shareholders," they declared.

"To what end?" asked Nasrudin.

"So they make increased profits which they will want to reinvest in our company," they said.

"To what end?" asked Nasrudin.

"So they make more profits," they said, becoming somewhat irritated.

"To what end?" asked Nasrudin nonchalantly.

"So they re-invest and make more profits."

Nasrudin pondered this for a while and thanked them for their explanations.

Later that week they had arranged to visit Nasrudin's house to work further on the Mission Statement. They found him in his garden stuffing oats into his donkey.

"What are you doing?" they asked. "You are giving that poor beast so much food that it will not be able to go anywhere."

"But it is not meant to go anywhere," Nasrudin replied. "Its purpose is to produce manure."

"To what end?" they asked.

"Because without it I can not grow enough oats in my small allotment to feed this greedy beast."

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 October 2009 at 4:10am

A troubled man went to Mullah Nasruddin for some advice.

“Mullah, I have been trying to grow a rose garden. But all the rose bushes I plant just wither and die. The only flower that does grow are common dandelions. Weeds! They’re everywhere and I just can’t get rid of them. What can I do mullah?”

The mullah thought for a while, “Why don’t you begin your garden all over again?”

“I’ve tried that. I replanted my garden from scratch, but the blooming dandelions just keep growing back again!”

Mullah Nasruddin pondered the options, “You won’t appreciate this, but my advice would be to move house, maybe even city, to where roses will grow better.”

“Oh, no, I cant move house again, I cant afford to, besides, we just moved there. Is there nothing else we can do?”

“Well,” said the Mullah gravely, “This is really the last resort then.  I don’t see what else can be done. I’m afraid you will just have to learn to love dandelions.”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 October 2009 at 7:32am

A philosophy professor walked in to give his class their final.
Placing his chair on his desk the professor instructed the class:

“Using every applicable thing you’ve learned in this course, prove to me that this chair does not exist.”

So, pencils writing and erasers erasing, the students launched into their epic essays to prove that this chair didn’t exist … except, that was, for one student: young Nasrudin.

He spent thirty seconds writing his answer, then promptly turned his paper in to the astonishment of both his peers and the professor, and returned to his seat to await the end of the lesson.

Time went by, and the day came when all the students get their final grades … And to the amazment of the class, young Nasrudin, the student who wrote for thirty seconds received the highest grade in the class.

And his answer to the question, which quite transported the philosophy professor himself?

“What chair?”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 29 October 2009 at 3:10am

Nasrudin, en route to market, loads bags of salt on his donkey’s back. They come to a river. Nasrudin tries to lead the donkey across the shallow causeway but the donkey chooses to cross at the deepest part. The salt dissolves in the water. The donkey trips lightly up the other bank and trots off.

Next market day Nasrudin loads the donkey with bales of wool. The donkey once again chooses the deep part of the river. The wool absorbs the water. The donkey staggers up the river bank, the bags weighing heavily on his back. Nasrudin turns to him and says, “You thought that every time you entered the river you would come off lightly, didn’t you?”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 October 2009 at 12:40am

The King and Nasrudin were in a strange
town. "Nasrudin" said the king, "let us
stroll incognito in the city and see how it
is like."

Nasrudin readily agreed and they
went. People did not recognize the King
in his disguise, and paid him no attention
but many smiled at Nasrudin.

When they returned, the King said: "Nasrudin,
you told me you have never been here before,
but seems you know a lot of local people!"
"Why, your majesty?"

"Well, I've seen a lot of
passers-by smile at you!"

"Oh, that's simple, Majesty.
 You see, I smiled at them!"
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 31 October 2009 at 2:27am

One day Nasrudin went to a rich merchant's house for a feast. As he was dressed in laborer's clothes he was shown to the servant's entrance and given a few scraps. Next week he was invited to the same place and he dressed in his best attire looking as good as any prince. He was welcomed at the front door and given the place of  honour next to the host. He ate a morsel of bread and then started putting all the rich food offered to him onto his sleeves. His host asked him, "What are doing my good man?" "I'm feeding my clothes," the Mullah replied, "It deserves the good food since my worth was established last week."

Edited by a well wisher - 31 October 2009 at 2:28am
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 01 November 2009 at 1:55am

Once upon a time Nasrudin asked for a job as a timber merchant and he got it. The pay was really good and so were the work conditions. For that reason, he was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work. The first day Nasrudin brought 18 trees.

"Congratulations," the boss said. "Go on that way!"

Very motivated by the boss' words,Nasrudin tried harder the next day, but he could only bring 15 trees. The third day he tried even harder, but he could only bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

"I must be losing my strength", he thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

"When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked.

"Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees."

Our lives are like that...

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2009 at 3:10am

AMBITION

Nasrudin was being interviewed for employment in a department store.

The personnel manager said: 'We like ambitious men here. What sort of a job are you after?' 'All right,' said Nasrudin, 'I'll have your job.'

'Are you mad?'

'I may well be,' said the Mulla, 'but is that a necessary qualification?'

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 November 2009 at 3:39am

Nasrudin finds a mirror lying on the roadside and picks it up.
When he sees the ugly image in it, he drops it, saying

"No wonder it was thrown away!
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 November 2009 at 1:45pm

"When I was in the desert," said Nasrudin one day, "I caused an entire tribe of horrible and bloodthirsty bedouins to run."
"However did you do it?"
 "Easy. I just ran, and they ran after me."
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:05am

Nasrudin took a correspondence course in muscle-building.  When he had finished, he wrote to the firm which supplied it, saying: “I have worked through the lessons.  Now please mail me the muscles.”
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version