Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Mulla Nasruddin Stories... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:56pm

THE VALUE OF TRUTH

‘If you want truth’, Nasrudin told a group of Seekers who had come to hear his teachings, ‘you will have to pay for it.’

‘But why should you have to pay for something like truth?’ asked one of the company.

‘Have you noticed’, said Nasrudin, ‘that it is the scarcity of a thing which determines its value?’

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 July 2010 at 6:51am

Prudence

The Mulla was invited to a wedding feast. The last time he had been to that house, someone had carried off his sandals. Now, instead of leaving them at the door, he stuffed them into the inner pocket of his coat.

“What book is that in your pocket?” his host asked him.

“He may be after my shoes,” thought Nasrudin; “besides- I have a reputation as a learned man to keep up.” Aloud he said:

“The subject of the bulge which you see is “Prudence.”

“How interesting! Which bookshop did you get it from?”

“As a matter of fact, I got if from a shoemaker.”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 04 July 2010 at 8:16am

Mullah Nasrudin, standing on the bank of a river, watched as a dog came to drink. The dog saw itself in the water and immediately began to bark. It barked and barked all morning and into the afternoon, until it was foaming at the mouth. Finally, dying of thirst, the dog fell into the river—whereupon it quenched its thirst, climbed out, and happily walked away.

Nasrudin said, “Thus I realized all my life I had been barking at my own reflection.”
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 22 September 2010 at 5:05am

One day, Nasruddin came riding into town. The people stopped him to ask, "Why are you sitting back to front on your donkey?"

He replied,

"I know where I am going, I want to see where I have been."

Edited by a well wisher - 22 September 2010 at 5:07am
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2010 at 4:55pm

Nasrudin decided to go in search of some new meditation techniques. He saddled his donkey, went to India, China and Mongolia, talked to the great masters, but found nothing.

He heard tell of a wise man in Nepal: he journeyed there, but as he was climbing the mountain to meet him, his donkey died of exhaustion. Nasrudin buried him there and then, and wept sadly. Someone passed by and commented:

- You came in search of a saint, this must be his tomb and you are lamenting his death.

- No, this is the place where I buried my donkey, who died of exhaustion.

- I don’t believe it – said the new arrival. – No one weeps over a dead donkey. This must be a place where miracles occur, and you want to keep them for yourself.

Although Nasrudin explained again and again, it was no use. The man went to the next village and spread the story of a great master who cured people at his tomb, and soon the pilgrims began to arrive.

Gradually, news of the discovery of the Wise Man of Silent Mourning spread throughout Nepal – and crowds rushed to the place. A wealthy man came, thought his prayers had been answered, and built an imposing monument where Nasrudin had buried his “master”.

In view of everything, Nasrudin decided to leave things as they were. But he learned once and for all, that when someone wants to believe a lie, no one can convince him otherwise.

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 09 November 2010 at 9:16am

There was once a small boy who banged a drum all day and loved every moment of it. He would not be quiet, no matter what anyone else said or did. Various people who called themselves Sufis, and other well-wishers, were called in by neighbors and asked to do something about the child.

The first so-called Sufi told the boy that he would, if he continued to make so much noise, perforate his eardrums; this reasoning was too advanced for the child, who was neither a scientist nor a scholar. The second told him that drum beating was a sacred activity and should be carried out only on special occasions. The third offered the neighbors plugs for their ears; the fourth gave the boy a book; the fifth gave the neighbors books that described a method of controlling anger through biofeedback; the sixth gave the boy meditation exercises to make him placid and explained that all reality was imagination. Like all placebos, each of these remedies worked for a short while, but none worked for very long.

Eventually, Nasruddin came along. He looked at the situation, handed the boy a hammer and chisel, and said, “I wonder what is INSIDE the drum?”

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:35pm

A man asked Nasruddin to explain the Truth.

In response Nasruddin asked him how he would convey the taste of a mango to someone who had never eaten anything sweet.

No matter how hard the man tried, he could not adequately describe the flavor of the fruit, and, in frustration, he demanded of Nasruddin,

"Tell me then, how would you describe it?"

Nasruddin picked up a mango and handed it to him saying,

"This is very sweet. Try eating it!"
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:12am

Who Is To Blame

Mulla Nasruddin and his wife came home one day to find the house burgled. Everything portable had been taken away. "It's all your fault," said his wife, "for you should have made sure that the house was locked before we left."

The Neighbor took up the chant: "You did not lock the windows," said one. "Why did you not expect this?" said another. "The locks were faulty and you did not replace them," said a third.

"Just a moment," said Nasruddin, "surely I am not the only one to blame?"

"And who should we blame?" they shouted. "What about the thieves?" said Nasruddin. "Are they totally innocent?"

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2012 at 2:24pm

One day, Mulla Nasruddin went to a fair with his disciples, where people were shooting arrows.

He joined the sport and took the first shot. It fell short. The crowd started laughing. Without losing his calm, the Mulla commented: ''This is what happens when you live with an inferiority complex. You cannot reach the target because your heart is not wholly in it.''

The next arrow surpassed the target. Again the Mulla did not look very distressed. He turned to the audience and said: ''This is what happens to a man who thinks very highly of himself. He runs so fast that he bypasses the goal.''

Mulla Nasrudin then shot the third arrow, hitting the target accurately. He observed: ''This is me!''

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2012 at 7:43am

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2012 at 9:39am

Nasruddin is looking after an inn, when one day the king comes by with his courtiers. That king asks "Do you have any quail's eggs?" Nasruddin replies "Not at hand but I can go and get some" and the king says "then fine, I will have an omelette of 12 quail's eggs".

Nasruddin rushes out to the village, comes back with the eggs, makes the omelette, and gives it to the king, who eats it with delight. Nasruddin presents him with a bill for 1,000 gold pieces.

The king orders it paid, and asks in puzzlement: "Are quail's eggs really that rare here?"

"No", says Nasruddin. "Quail are common enough. Kings are rare."

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2012 at 6:20pm

He said, "My wife has a very bad memory."
And the man asked "Do you mean she forgets everything?"
Mulla Nasruddin said "No, she remembers everything!"

aymanbinmoshi  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote aymanbinmoshi Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2012 at 1:33am
Well wisher wishes well all the time.Thanks for your well minded memory.
From where you captured those nice words?
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 03 April 2012 at 4:44pm
Thank you for the kind words brother Ayman

I like teaching stories and Mulla Nasruddin is a legendary figure in the Muslim world.

I have books that mention such stories and now many are online as well.

A friend came to visit Nasrudin at home bringing a duck, and Nasrudin had it cooked to share with him. The next week someone called by, claiming to be the cousin of the man who had brought the duck. Nasrudin fed him. The week after that someone came claiming to be the friend of the cousin of the man who had brought the duck. Nasrudin fed him too. This continued, with the connection to the friend with the duck becoming more and more remote each time. Finally, when the next friend-of-cousin-of-friend-of-man-with-duck arrived, Nasrudin heated water up in a pot and then served it to the new guest.

"What's this?" said the man, tasting the hot water.

"This," said Nasrudin, "is the soup of the soup of the soup of the duck."

<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version