Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Q & A For The Believing Christians ? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
JamalEl2  
Religion: Other(Other)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 3:37pm
In Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) , This word is '' Nasriyyin '' From the word Nasara - arabic - Meaning '' Help '' or '' Aid '' In the book of Acts  you will see records of the follower of Jesus , Being referred to as a '' Sect Of Nazarenes '' .

Acts 24 ; 5 , And I Quote ;  For We Have Found This Man A Pestilent Fellow , And A Mover Of Sedition Among All The Jews Throughout The World , And A Ringleader Of The Sect Of The Nazarenes  .

Koran 3 ; 52 , And I Quote ; When Jesus Found Unbelief On Their Part He Said ; Who Will Be My  Helpers  To ( The Work Of ) God ? Said The Disciples ; We Are God's Helpers  ;  We Believe In God , And Do Thou Bear Witness That We Are Muslims .

The word underline in the above quote used for '' Helpers '' Is Ansaar - arabic - From the root word Nasara - arabic - In which means '' Help '' or '' Aid '' . Thus Ansaar - arabic - Is the noun form and means '' Aiders '  Many times you will find the arabic Spelling of the words in The Old Testament differ from The Arabic spelling of word with the same basic meaning in The New Testament and The Koran .

Number 6 ; 2 , And I Quote ;  Speak Unto The Children Of Israel , And Say Unto Them , When Either Man Or Woman Shall Separate Themselves To Vow A Vow Of A Nazarite  To Separate Themselves Unto The Lord ; .

In the above quote , The word used for '' Nazarite ''  Is  An Nadhiyri '' - arabic - . This word takes it's root from  '' Nadhara '' arabic - And means '' To Dedicate , Consecrate , To Vow , Make A Vow ; To Make A Solemn Pledge '' ,  Now if you look up the word in The New Testament  Matthew 2 ; 23 You will see the word '' Naasiriyya - arabic .

Matthew 2 ; 23 , And I Quote ; And He Came And Dwelt In A City Called Nazareth ; That It Might Be Fulfilled Which Was Spoken By The Prophets , He Shall Be Called A Nazarene  .

This word takes its root from the word '' Nasara '' - arabic -  And means to '' Aid Or Help '' . Both these words Nazarite - arabic - And '' Nasari '' Basically mean '' Dedication To The Service Of ( God ) '' . Both parties desiring to do works of God . Both The Nazarite  And The Nasari or Nasarene took a vow of temperence ( Avoidance Of Strong Drink And Any Other From Of Intoxicants And Refraining From Cutting Off The Hair . ) This is the same Vow Samson Took In Samuel 1 ; 11 , For he also was a Nazanite . The law of The Nazarite was amongst those handed down To Moses at Mount Sinai refer to Number 6 ; 1 - 21 .  Nazarite or Nasarene also relates to the town of Nazareth located in Galilee .

The town of Nazareth was named after The Nazarites of Samson's Time . Were a powerful group of people and they exerted considerable influenece on the other Israelites . The meaning of '' Nazereth Is '' Guardian , Protection . ''

This is why in John 1 ; 46 The Judaites from the time of Jesus asked him ; Can anything good Prophet come out of Nazareth ?

John 1 ; 46 , And I Quote ; And Nathaniel Said Unto Him , Can There Any Good Thing Come Out Of  Nazreth ? Philip Saith Unto Him . Come And See .

The Nazrites during the time if Jesus were not at all liked . Why ? Because they adhered to the strict laws of the prophet of old . The modern day Judahite despised them because they ( Modern Day Judahite Of Jesus ) Did not want to follow the laws of Moses .

John 7 ; 19 , And I Quote ; Did Not Moses Give You The Law , And Yet None Of You Keepth The Law ? Why Go Ye About To Kill Me ''

Because of this , They sought to kill Jesus because he was of This Sect of what y7ou would call today '' Space Cadets '' . They adhered strictly to the Laws , Whereas The Judahites wanted to Modernize like The So - Called Jews Of Today . So when Jesus came to them and they realized he was from Nazareth . They Immediately Got Offended And Rejected Him .

So , Again I Ask You Do You Follow Jesus The ( Nazariy ) - arabic - The Nasrite , Or Al Masiyh - arabic - The Messiah And Call Yourselves Messiahites From Masaha , Or Do You Follow Some Greek By The Name Of Christ ??? And Call Yourself After Him ; Christian Following A Religion Called Christianity ?
It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Damo808

Why do the idiots post the most threads on here

Originally posted by JamalEl2

Ahhhhhhhhh Your Feeling Hurt Again   See What Happen When You Ask Question . You Have Faith / Belief In Something You Know Nothing About . Now Who The ( Idiot ) Now .  . Maybe You Should Just Give Up . Being You Keep Steping On Your Lips .

If Jesus Was Called A Nazarene , Then Why Don't You Self Rightyeous Christians , Who Claim To Be Christ -Like , Follow After Him And Call Yourselves Nazarene Also ?

Ahhhhh i love your little cute kitty cat swipes at me...

But as to the question.. Why not call ourselves Nazarenes ??..Ehmmmm let me think... maybe because i personaly was born and live in Scotland and not Nazareth for one...And not all people born in Nazareth are Christian so go figure... you really are a few cards short of a full deck.  But i wonder... if those of us who follow Jesus, namely 'Christians' were today known as Nazarenes you'd probably be postin a thread here on why we don't call ourselves 'Christians' you know...  nit picking as you like to do for the sake of nit picking because of your revulsion over something you have no power or control over. Get over it... Christianity will be here long after your dead and buried .

Bible = By-Bill = The Book Of The Dead , Meaning Nobody Alive In You By-Bill , Meaning You Worshipping A Book Full If Dead People . And The Power I Have Is To Pull The Mask  Off . Which I'm Doing Very Well , And That Bother You .
It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Daisy

Originally posted by Daisy

Almost always throughout the Bible, the word Christ is preceded by the definite article The.  This is because it is a title and is indeed as Damo888 pointed an anglicised version of the Greek 'Kristos' via the Latin 'Christus' and is a direct translation of the Hebrew term Masiah meaning annointed.

Technically the name should therefore be Jesus The Christ but the english language is so very fond of contractions so the definite article is removed as a form of linguistic mutation to aid the cadence of the term.

Speak to anyone who's first tongue is a language heavy with mutation (like mine (it's Welsh BTW)) and you will see that it is a very common thing that happen very naturally and does not need to be explained with paranioa and conspiracy.

When You Hear People Speaking ( English ) . You Are Trained To Think ( Englishman )  , When In Fact All The Americans Who Are Speaking ( English ) .  Are Not Speaking ( English ) Which Is Spoken In England And Europe . The Americans Speak A Very ( Bad Dialect Of Broken English ) ,  And In Fact Are Speaking An ( Unintelligent Slang ) .  If You Knew Anything About Tones You Would Know This .

Welsh <  You Should Be A Shame To Tell Anyone That

Nonesense!

Firstly when did Americans enter into this?
Secondly, English has no formal dialects (with the possible exception of Glaswegian (seriously!))  NOTE: This is from British Linguist point of view, I know American Linguists consider accent and local words to define a dialect.  As I am not American - English has no dialects.  What Americans speak is English with a different accent.

And as for the Welsh taunt? With the world of sheep related humour at your disposal that is the best you can come up with?  Honestly, I pity you.

It Funny How You Have All That Mouth And You Know Nothing  About Language / Tones  But Being  Welsh .. It To Be Expected .  I Would Write A Post About The  Welsh . But You Will Only Lie Out Of It . Anyway It Would Be A Waste Of Time .
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 4:23pm
Ques ; Where Did Christianity Come From ?

Edited by JamalEl2 - 22 October 2009 at 4:31pm
devd  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote devd Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 6:19pm
Did our old friend algebra get a frontal lobotomy and come back to post here as JamalEl2?
Daisy  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Atheist(Atheist)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Daisy Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 7:58pm

Welsh <  You Should Be A Shame To Tell Anyone That

[
It Funny How You Have All That Mouth And You Know Nothing  About Language / Tones  But Being  Welsh .. It To Be Expected .  I Would Write A Post About The  Welsh . But You Will Only Lie Out Of It . Anyway It Would Be A Waste Of Time .
[/QUOTE]

So I have all the mouth . yet it is you who has thrown the insults (see above)

And really is that the best you can do? Just sit there and say over and over you don't know what you are talking about. You say I know nothing about language or tone but provide no evidence or comment to refute my claim.

Ignorance and empty threats, "I would write a post about the Welsh" Ooohhhh!!!! Feel free, I could do with the laugh. And what could you write about? How Cymru, a colosus, and home to the creators of the modern world! A nation that built a stadium with a sliding roof, just so that God could watch his favourite team play rugby. A land where gangs of tough sinewy men roam the land terrifying people with their close harmony singing.

It must sting to know that for all your 'research', your cutting and pasting an the hours spent on this and no doubt other forums, I will always be smarter, more handsome, poetic, athletic and charismatic just be being Cymro.
Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris!!
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:52pm

Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 7:28am
Lol... loved that post at the top of the page.... Its amazing how someone can put so much into what amounts to very very little in the way of significance. Christ comes from the Greek for Annointed.. you have said so yourself, Messiah also translates as one who is Annointed...i mean were THREE pages into a thread and 99.9 % of it has been hot air about nothin..

People from Nazareth are Nazarenes I'm Scottish not a Nazarene... though i follow the one whom i believe was the Annointed of God, the Messiah, the Christ.. or in your case the Nazarene..I'm sure Chinese followers of Jesus have a Chinese term for Messiah , or Christ... are they heretics ??? Is there something here your not getting ?????
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote struggle Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 9:27am

you just couldn't answer my simple question

What does jesus have to do with zues? 

if your whole theology gets you, there is no understanding.
EYE FOR EYE
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 10:21am

Lol... loved that post at the top of the page.... Its amazing how someone can put so much into what amounts to very very little in the way of significance. Christ comes from the Greek for Annointed.. you have said so yourself, Messiah also translates as one who is Annointed...i mean were THREE pages into a thread and 99.9 % of it has been hot air about nothin..

People from Nazareth are Nazarenes I'm Scottish not a Nazarene... though i follow the one whom i believe was the Annointed of God, the Messiah, the Christ.. or in your case the Nazarene..I'm sure Chinese followers of Jesus have a Chinese term for Messiah , or Christ... are they heretics ??? Is there something here your not getting ?????

Your So Busy Trying To Be Slick . But I Can Overstand You Have Been Taught Only Believe You Were Never Taught Anything . First Yashu'a Never Claim To Be A Christian . Paul Is The Father Christianity . If You Follow Yashu'a Then You Should Be Call A Nazerene (  Jesus Was Called A Nazerene . . Bottom Line .

Funny Thing You Bring Up Chinese ,Their  Culture / History Was Never Base On Christianity . So When You See A People Who Drop Their History /  Culture  To Be Some Thing Other Then What They Were Born In . They Are Living In The Image Of Another .

This Subject Is Not About You Being Scottish Which Doesn't Impress Me Nor Chinese Calling Themselves Christians Impress Me  . It About Yashu'a , No More No Less . If You Took The Time To Study / Research Your Own Belief . And Not Use It To Come Up With All These Excuses  Name Calling / Insult , Your Be Better Off  .  
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by struggle

This Post Was For Believning Christians Which You Are Not One Right . If You Took The Time To Read ( Posted: 21 October 2009 at 3:36pm ) . Your Answer Their .
struggle  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote struggle Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:54pm

This Post Was For Believning Christians Which You Are Not One Right . 
But you dont really know what is a christian though. Here you are questioning parts that should not be questioning.

Edited by struggle - 23 October 2009 at 12:55pm
EYE FOR EYE
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:46pm

This Post Was For Believning Christians Which You Are Not One Right . 
But you dont really know what is a christian though. Here you are questioning parts that should not be questioning.

Any Time You Would Like  To Discuss ( What's A Christian  ) You Can Start A Post . And As Far As Questioning  Me About What I Should Do Or
 Shouldn't Do  , You Got The Wrong One Buddy .
JamalEl2  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote JamalEl2 Replybullet Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:53pm
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version