Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Why can't I make a decision? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Asiya  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Asiya Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2010 at 7:18am
hi & peace,
  All muslims should be between fear and hope - this is the case to ensure that we nurture and cultivate our Iman.  (faith)

All muslims know that by the mercy of Allah, it is 100% certainty, due to the promise of Allah that dying upon the correct belief is a promise of paradise - but also we know that none of us can be 100% certain we will die as muslims. 

That I believe is the grey area you are confused by.

So inshAllah, we love and look forward to our meeting with our Lord, Majestic is He Allah subhana wa t'ala.
God created...therefore whatever you give up for Him, will inevitably be replaced by better & more lasting.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2010 at 9:45am
Originally posted by stranger

Originally posted by freedom-lover

<SPAN><FONT face="Times New Roman">Hi strangerThanks for your comment. I appreciate it greatly. I am serious that you are the first Muslim in this forum who has the full confidence of meeting God in heaven. Please ask other Muslims how many of them are fully confident of their eternity in heaven.Today I passed the first day of fasting successfully together with Muslim brothers and sisters. One of the main prayers during my fasting is that God would bless Muslims abundantly so that they would understand the grace of God and receive it as a gift, and as a result they would experience heavenly joy, heavenly thanks and heavenly freedom everyday. Another important prayer item is to remove any negative images about Muslims, and learn to love and bless them as I do for my own family. Although I believe I have got rid of much of the negative images by now, there might be still some left. To be honest with you, one of the negative images I had and have overcome by now is a Muslim with the Quran on one hand and with a sword on the other hand, trying to conquer the world with Islam and Shariah. Another was an Al Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan where hundreds of Muslim young men shouted "Allahu Akbar" with the Quran on one hand and with an AK 47 on the other hand. I am sure these extremists represent only a tiny fraction, but unfortunately tend to shape the stereotypes of all Muslims. Any stereotyping is not a good thing to do and it may not be always easy to erase it. But God tore down the high wall of separation between God and human beings through the sacrificial death of Jesus on the cross. God also wants us to tear down the high wall of division among people of the world through the sacrificial love of Jesus. What kinds of negative images do you have about Christians? Do you also intend to remove them during the Ramadan as I do for Muslims?</SPAN>

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have used the arabic word...INSHA'ALLAH which means IF ALLAH WILLS...so I am confident that i will meet Allah IF he wills it.
I dont know why you ignored the rest of my post but its ok.
i honestly dont have stereotypes about christianity because i make sure NOT to judge christianity based on the christians i see.
My goal for this ramadan is to help raise funds for my whyislam team and focus on strengthening my relationship with Allah because we humans have direct access to Allah and no other human has to come between it or sacrifice himself in order for Allah to be close to us or forgive us.

And if you are tearing down stereotypes about muslims then thanks :)

Hi stranger

Again here is a difference between Muslims and Christians. We know for sure that we will meet God in heaven, while none of Muslims are sure of their eternity in heaven. You just blurred your point by saying INSHA'ALLAH. Do you know how much joyful we are by knowing this very fact that we will be with God forever? This confidence that all our sins are forgiven and thus we will be united with God forever is the driving force for our overflowing joy, thanks and freedom.

I agree with you that fasting can be a good way to come close to God. That is why I am also fasting together with Muslim brothers and sisters in order to learn to love and bless Muslims more. But it works best when it is voluntary, not a duty.

Jesus is not a human such as Moses and Abraham. He is both God and man. Through Him we enjoy an intimate loving relationship with God. Through Him God becomes our Friend and Lover, not just our Creator and Maker, Lord and Master, Judge, Redeemer, Father, Savior. The almighty God yearns to be our Friend and Lover!

stranger  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote stranger Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2010 at 4:17pm
Freedom-lover,

I dont think I blurred my point at all. I am confident that I will meet Allah but we muslims know (and so should everyone else) that nothing happens without the will of Allah. All muslims will get to heaven and that is what islam says but as sister Nura has said before, we all might not get there initially but we do strongly believe in Allah's mercy so we are all hopeful that we will get there initially. I know how joyful I AM that I will meet Allah because Allah does not break a promise and he has promised me and all of his other servants (muslims) heaven.

Since I CHOSE Islam as my way of life then I will do what it tells me to do and it is voluntarily. No one can force me to fast and i enjoy fasting especially during ramadan.

One thing i have noticed about christians is that they think just because Christianity is easier than Islam that it is better but many christians have seen that this is not the case and therefore leave christianity. It is very easy to believe that someone died for us and we can do whatever we want because God (astaghfirullah) sacrificed his son but is it hard to take accountability for your own actions which you dont seem to want to do and so you believe in a sacrifice that didnt take place.

Jesus is muslim. Enough said.

I dont think you put God in a higher position over you. You think you are so near and dear to GOD that he should do whatever you want him to do. I think it should be the opposite, as a muslim I do what my creator wants me to do (and thus i become very near and dear to him) and because he knows me best, life as a muslim is the most perfect way of life.

Edited by stranger - 13 August 2010 at 7:01pm
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “He who does not show mercy to people, Allah also does not show mercy to him.” [Bukhari]
rip_chuk  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote rip_chuk Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2010 at 3:05pm

@Freedom lover...I just have one question!   Was Jesus a christian.?? Did Jesus belieive that the only way he would to get to heaven was through himself??

Also, I have read(not from Islamic scholars mind you), That jesus was not even looked at as "devine" untill way after his death. It was a decision made by a council that decided to go ahead and make him Holy thus creating the trinity. 

Once the Nicea Council meeting was underway Constantine demanded that the 300 bishops make a decision by majority vote defining who Jesus Christ is. Constantine commanded them to create a “creed” doctrine that all of Christianity would follow and obey, a doctrine that would be called the “Nicene Creed,” upheld by the Church and enforced by the Emperor. The bishops voted to make the full deity of Christ the accepted position for the church. The Council of Nicea voted to make the Trinity the official doctrine of the church.

I dont know about you guys but an emporer demanding 300 people to make a decision about who Im gonna pray to and dedicate my life to IS NOT THE WAY I WANT TO GO!!!!!
BTW....this info i copied and pasted right from a Christian website.

PEACE.....
peace
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2010 at 5:34pm
Your question about how Jesus (PBUH) got into heaven was a great question. It has never made sense to me that God would have a son with a human, then allow him to be killed in order to forgive all of humanity for the sins of Adam and Eve. Why should he die for someone else's sins? And why would God need to have his own son killed to forgive us when he can forgive whoever he pleases?
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2010 at 2:51pm

Hi stranger and rip_chuk

I will answer your questions soon, hopefully in the next post.

Hi searching

Thanks for your comment. Honestly your questions are not totally unreasonable.

Concerning your first point, you should not think the Father has the biological Son. It would be absurd to say that Jesus was born as a result of physical relationship between God and a woman.When the Bible calls Jesus as the Son, it refers to the relationship between them, not a biological one.

Concerning your second point, it comes from your ignorance about the nature of God revealed in the Bible. Because God is the righteous Judge, the appropriate consequence for sins must be paid in addition to repentance before people come to Him. Repentance is very important, but really the first step for true forgiveness. In addition to their sincere repentance, God's people had to sacrifice pure lambs (without defect) before God. By laying hands on the animals, the sins of man were symbolically transferred to the animals that must be pure and without defect according to God’s specific instruction. Then the animals were slaughtered and burned completely as the punishment of our sins on our behalf, which allowed man to come to God. Searching. Please read the Bible! The Bible is not corrupted as the Quran is not corrupted.

The animal sacrifice, which was an absolute requirement before God in the Old Testament, was not an accident but had a very important prophetic implication for our salvation. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!(John 1:29)  This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” (Matthew 26:28) 

searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2010 at 11:01pm
I'm sorry, I still don't think that it makes any sense to kill something or someone ELSE for our sins.  Killing a lamb or killing Jesus because someone ELSE sinned is just not logical at all.  The sinner should be punished or forgiven or both.  No one else but the sinner, no other human or animal.
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 12:41am
I've just been struggling a lot with this lately.  Seeing men and women separated and reading about what we are or are not supposed to do and all of this has me overwhelmed.  I thought that I had made a decision a few days ago.  I was seriously thinking that I should just go and say my shahadah but then these stupid issues come up. 

As I posted about in a separate post, maybe my past history of being abused by a man is starting to come up to the surface and color my thoughts too much, at least with regards to men and women being separated everywhere.  I don't know.  I honestly think that in many many ways, Islam is the religion for me.  But then these other issues come up and I just can't decide what to do.  It is incredibly frustrating.  I have no idea what to do right now.  Maybe I should change my name from searching to lost.

Edited by searching - 17 August 2010 at 12:43am
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by stranger

Freedom-lover,

I dont think I blurred my point at all. I am confident that I will meet Allah but we muslims know (and so should everyone else) that nothing happens without the will of Allah. All muslims will get to heaven and that is what islam says but as sister Nura has said before, we all might not get there initially but we do strongly believe in Allah's mercy so we are all hopeful that we will get there initially. I know how joyful I AM that I will meet Allah because Allah does not break a promise and he has promised me and all of his other servants (muslims) heaven.

Since I CHOSE Islam as my way of life then I will do what it tells me to do and it is voluntarily. No one can force me to fast and i enjoy fasting especially during ramadan.

One thing i have noticed about christians is that they think just because Christianity is easier than Islam that it is better but many christians have seen that this is not the case and therefore leave christianity. It is very easy to believe that someone died for us and we can do whatever we want because God (astaghfirullah) sacrificed his son but is it hard to take accountability for your own actions which you dont seem to want to do and so you believe in a sacrifice that didnt take place.

Jesus is muslim. Enough said.

I dont think you put God in a higher position over you. You think you are so near and dear to GOD that he should do whatever you want him to do. I think it should be the opposite, as a muslim I do what my creator wants me to do (and thus i become very near and dear to him) and because he knows me best, life as a muslim is the most perfect way of life.

To stranger

I am sorry for late reply. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.

Compared with quite a number of Muslim friends and readers I have known and talked to, you still seem to be exceptional. Why are they not confident like you that they would meet their God face to face in heaven? What is the matter with the rest of1.5 billion Muslims? Perhaps they should learn the secret from you. Anyway it is good for you.

When people deeply experience the breadth and depth of God's love that was most explicitly demonstrated through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross for all human beings, they naturally stay away from immorality. This is the most powerful way to stay away from sin and thus live a holy life. I am one of many living examples. I believe I am as moral as anybody in the forum, not because I am threatened by hell fire, but because I am deeply moved and touched by the unconditional love of God through Jesus Christ. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us(Romans 5:8). The grace of God creates a strong desire in my heart from inside out to live out a holy life willingly and gladly without fear of punishment and threat of hell fire.

Jesus is neither a Muslim nor a Christian. He is both God and man.

Of course I do not try to use God for my own self-actualization, but instead I try to be used for the purpose of God. I believe I am as serious as you are about God’s sovereignty over us. Neither a Muslim nor a Christian is the most perfect way of life. There is no such thing as the most perfect way of life in this world. The best way of life is to live with the Holy Spirit as the Lord, experiencing heavenly joy, thanks and freedom everyday, which we were born for and which we deserve as the children of God!

Edited by freedom-lover - 17 August 2010 at 11:57am
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 12:40pm
Freedom lover, 2 Simple questions for you

1) If Jesus is both God and Man, what's to stop me from saying that I'm God and Man too? Or for anyone on earth to say it? How do I know who's truthful and who isn't?

2) "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"

2) So if I fall in love with a woman at work, and am too weak to stop myself committing adultery even though I am married, that's ok? I still get to heaven? I still avoid hell?
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

Freedom lover, 2 Simple questions for you

1) If Jesus is both God and Man, what's to stop me from saying that I'm God and Man too? Or for anyone on earth to say it? How do I know who's truthful and who isn't?

2) "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"

2) So if I fall in love with a woman at work, and am too weak to stop myself committing adultery even though I am married, that's ok? I still get to heaven? I still avoid hell?

Hi hamayoun

You keep asking me questions after questions. Anyway I will try to do my best.

1) I know for sure you are not both God and man by observing what you say and more importantly what you do. This is how I know for sure that Jesus is both God and man by the implication of what he said and more importantly what he did. Doing lots of miracles is not an important factor.

2) No, it is not OK. You would not only hurt the woman and yourself spiritually, but also disappoint the Creator. If Jesus is in your heart as the Savior and Lord, you can still go to heaven because you have already received God’s forgiveness as Jesus. Heaven is reserved for those who have never sinned or whose sins are completely forgiven. If God wants to forgive and save “sinners” as He wishes, who are you that you complain about God’s mercy? Why are you jealous by thinking you are better than “sinners”?

hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 5:00pm
1) What if Mother Teresa had one day said she was God?
2) Your answer is a cop out.  I just want to know: will I go to hell if I commit adultery?  Straight yes/no.

freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by hamayoun

1) What if Mother Teresa had one day said she was God?
2) Your answer is a cop out.  I just want to know: will I go to hell if I commit adultery?  Straight yes/no.

Hi hamayoun

Thanks for more interesting questions.

(1) As I said, I know for sure that she is not God by knowing what she says and more importantly what she does. She does not have authority to forgive our sins. She does not have ability to give us eternal life.

(2) I answered this question in another thread. The following is my answer. Some Muslims have asked me this question. If people do many awful things for their whole life, and repent of their wrongdoings and accept Jesus as the Savior at the end of their life, do they still go to heaven? The answer is yes, if they sincerely repented and received Jesus as God’s forgiveness. This is what Jesus demonstrated to one of the “sinners” on the cross. But here is the point. They missed experiencing and enjoying God’s love which other people have enjoyed for lifetime. Do not be jealous by thinking you deserve better reward than “sinners”.

hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2010 at 6:29pm
And if I accepted Jesus as my savior and continued to commit adultery without repenting, even when I die? Will I go to hell, even for a short while?  Why can't I get a straight answer to this? 

And what's with the jeaoulsy you keep talking about?  I'm not jealous of the horrible person I used to be.

<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version