Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Why can't I make a decision? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 4:42am
Originally posted by freedom-lover

This is because she shed her own blood with great pain when delivering a new life. In fact it is simply a reflection of God' love for human beings through Jesus Christ, who shed His own blood with great pain in order to create a new life.

Huh?

It wasn't because Eve made Adam ate that apple and therefore women will have to bear the pain of childbirth as a collective punishment?

In life, be like a traveller. Take only what you need
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 6:22am
I thought that in Islam, Eve isn't really blamed. I thought they both were. And then I thought God just forgave them when they later repented. I didn't think that in Islam this is the explanation for the monthly period.
Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Squeegie

Then it sounds to me like you need to change your screen name from searching to found in that you seem to have found what you were looking for.

I agree
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by searching

I thought that in Islam, Eve isn't really blamed. I thought they both were. And then I thought God just forgave them when they later repented. I didn't think that in Islam this is the explanation for the monthly period.

Yes, you are correct. I was jesting with freedom-lover.
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 7:50pm
Dear searching,

If you can't make up your mind, then that is your decision ... for now. 

Why rush a momentous decision like choice of religion?  Or why make that decision at all?
Squeegie  

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Squeegie Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Nura

Originally posted by Squeegie

Then it sounds to me like you need to change your screen name from searching to found in that you seem to have found what you were looking for.

I agree

Nura and I agree on something. "O frabjous day, caloo callay" (Lewis Carrol, Jabberwocky)
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2010 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Grotham

Dear searching,

If you can't make up your mind, then that is your decision ... for now. 

Why rush a momentous decision like choice of religion?  Or why make that decision at all?

Not being able to make up my mind does mean that I'm not converting for now.  But I will make a decision.  I need to have religion in my life.  I need to get closer to God.  And I'd like to belong to a religious community, too.
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Traveller

This is because she shed her own blood with great pain when delivering a new life. In fact it is simply a reflection of God' love for human beings through Jesus Christ, who shed His own blood with great pain in order to create a new life.

Huh?

It wasn't because Eve made Adam ate that apple and therefore women will have to bear the pain of childbirth as a collective punishment?

Hi Traveller

Everybody knows what you have in mind about woman by reading your reply to me. You were not jesting with me, but said just what you think about woman as a Muslim man. Woman is as precious as man. Woman is as worth as man, not only one half. In a sense the existence of human beings is the result of their precious blood and great pain of women. Please do not belittle woman, Traveller.

Slave of God  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Slave of God Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 4:45am

Assalamo alikom

Sister searching,

I've just joined this forum today and by sudden I read one of your posts talking about Islam like Muslims which attracted me to search about you and I found this topic, actually I read from the beginning to the end to understand why you are undecided.

I think I understood you, I see that you searched and learned about Islam and I see that you believe in Islam in the matter of  faith I see that you know that Islam is the right decision, but you feel that you won't be able to afford the duties of Islam and you may anger god, this is one, also you think that when you are Muslim you will be responsible about the duties which you didn't or about your sins but if you still non-Muslim you won't be responsible because you are not Muslim this is the second.

But I must remind you that you knew the right bath but you are afraid of going into that path.

Sister,

That life is like an exam, you should answer correctly but you don't have to get the full mark, just pass it, but you will never pass the exam if you answered math in the sheet of biology exam! What I mean is that choosing the religion (Islam) is the base which will guarantee the heaven if your sins are more than your good deeds then your sins will take you to the hell for a while then you will go to the heaven and may God forgive you and go to the heaven directly, but stilling non-Muslim and you know that Islam is the right religion will take you to the hell even if you did a lot of good deeds.

Sister,

No one is perfect indeed, but you have to work, to do your best, as God said in Qur'an "so fear God as much you can" (Al-taghabon;16) and like brother Amjad said "to have a PhD you must work hard, is the heaven less than the PhD" , you want the religion to be easy to be just a faith and this isn't right in any relegion.

Sister,

you think you can't effort the duties of Islam, so tell me how do Muslims effort them, they will be habits, you won't find them hard, just take the first step then God will help you and if you did a sin and asked his forgiveness he will forgive you.

Sister,

You said that you may take the decision in Ramadan, who guarantees that you will live to Ramadan. I don't want you to be hasty or precipitated, but I'm telling you if you found the right religion don't hesitate for a second, because fearing that you may not be able to make all the duties is not a justification because no one is perfect, but if you haven't found the right religion yet so take your time.

At last sister searching, I'm sorry being tough but that because I have compassion toward you.

May God guide you to the right path.

Asslamo alikom 

"All the praises and thanks be to Allah Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us!"
Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 6:56am

Originally posted by Traveller

Huh?

Hi Traveller

Everybody knows what you have in mind about woman by reading your reply to me. You were not jesting with me, but said just what you think about woman as a Muslim man. Woman is as precious as man. Woman is as worth as man, not only one half. In a sense the existence of human beings is the result of their precious blood and great pain of women. Please do not belittle woman, Traveller.

Lol!

Maybe you need to understand the islamic position on the issue of Adam and Eve, which you obviously don't. What I wrote there is a christian perspective, blaming Eve for the 'original sins'.

Woman (mother) is 3 times as precious as man (father), going by the teachings of prophet Muhammad.

freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:46am

Hi Traveller

Apparently you forgot a more well known verse from your scripture. You should have quoted it as a right balance.

A woman is worth one-half a man. (2:282)

Traveller  
Graduate
Graduate

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Traveller Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 12:03pm

Hi Traveller

Apparently you forgot a more well known verse from your scripture. You should have quoted it as a right balance.

Why don't you stick to your 'love' preaching and leave the exegesis of the Noble Quran to the scholars.

Slave of God  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Slave of God Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 12:38pm

Hi Traveller

Hey freedom lovers,

I see that you are cheating in that quote or some one cheated you, here is the verse you are talking about:

"O you who believe! When you contract a debt for a fixed period, write it down. Let a scribe write it down in justice between you. Let not the scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so let him write. Let him (the debtor) who incurs the liability dictate, and he must fear Allah his Lord, and diminish not anything of what he owes. But if the debtor is of poor understanding, or weak, or is unable himself to dictate, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women, such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her. And the witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (for evidence). You should not become weary to write it (your contract), whether it be small or big, for its fixed term, that is more just with Allah more solid as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves, save when it is a present trade which you carry out on the spot among yourselves, then there is no sin on you if you do not write it down. But take witnesses whenever you make a commercial contract. Let neither scribe nor witness suffer any harm, but if you do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So be afraid of Allah and Allah teaches you. And Allah is the All-Knower of each and everything" (2:282)

Can you tell me where your words are "a woman is worth one half-man"

The (real) verse is talking about witness for debts and God said that two men are required at least for witness if there aren't two men so a man and two women are required, and this doesn't mean that a woman is worth one half-man.

Also you should understand two things: (shahada) and (ishhad) which both are translated witness but the difference between them that (shahada) is when someone go to the court claiming for something and have a witness who was present upon the problem (remind that he was present suddenly), and (ishhad) is when some one making a deal or some thing like that so he say who witnesses for that deal (and that is upon the deal not in the court).

And what is mentioned here in the verse is (ishhad), but why God said two men or man and two women? That's because a man may forget that deal so the other man will remind him, and why God said two women with one man? Because women are more able to forget, and that's true.

But is this also applied in (shahada)? The answer is not in all the cases, because the messenger of God Mohamed peace be upon him accepted a witness (shahada) of one man in the court in the case of what related of money, but that man should be trusted and even if they are ten men they should be trusted, also one woman can witness in the court (shahada) if she is trusted but not in all the cases according to its ability in the case, like the cases which are relative to women. so (shahada) has another rules differs from (ishhad). 

I hope you understood, and I hope you learned not take a quote without reading it yourself, and my advice to you read about islam and its issues from the view point of Muslims not from the enemies of Muslims.

And about this conversation I see it's not its place, this topic is not for this kind of conversations, so please talk in the subject of the topic please!

And peace be with you all

Edited by Slave of God - 20 September 2010 at 7:56am
"All the praises and thanks be to Allah Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us!"
freedom-lover
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote freedom-lover Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2010 at 5:07pm

Hi Slave of God

You made the following comment to searching.

That life is like an exam, you should answer correctly but you don't have to get the full mark, just pass it, but you will never pass the exam if you answered math in the sheet of biology exam! What I mean is that choosing the religion (Islam) is the base which will guarantee the heaven if your sins are more than your good deeds then your sins will take you to the hell for a while then you will go to the heaven and may God forgive you and go to the heaven directly, but stilling non-Muslim and you know that Islam is the right religion will take you to the hell even if you did a lot of good deeds.

But you did it out of ignorance of the nature of God. In particular you said which will guarantee the heaven if your sins are more than your good deeds. Part of the reason for this kind of comment comes from the fact that people often forget how perfect and holy God is and how sinful and immoral we are. Have you ever read the book of Exodus, part of Torah? And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name." Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen." (Exodus 33:17-23)

This is a very interesting description where God revealed Himself to Moses. No matter how great man Moses was, he could not stand with God because he was still a sinful man. Do you think Moses could not stand before God because there were more sins than good deeds in Moses? No. Before the almighty God it does not matter whether there are more good works than bad in our life. Any slightest blemish would destroy us before God as you read the above story. Unless the problem of sin is dealt with completely, we could never go before God, thus eternally separated from God. It does not matter how many good works you perform to compensate your past mistakes and sins. This infinite gap between the perfect God and the sinful human beings must be filled not by struggling for more good deeds, but by an intermediator, Jesus Christ. If you still believe you do not need the intermediator between God and you, it comes from your ignorance about the infinitely perfect and holy nature of God, and about the sinful and immoral nature of human beings. If you dare to approach God directly, actually you are inviting disaster on yourself. You would be immediately consumed to nothing by the glory of God because there are still some sins in you. This is why Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6).
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version