Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Muslim Woman and Dignity: is there any ga Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
Author Message
Meriam  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 149
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Meriam Replybullet Topic: Muslim Woman and Dignity: is there any ga
    Posted: 20 August 2010 at 8:24pm

Peace brothers andd sisters,

An event  commanly used by some non muslims as an argument to offend to the justice of Islam and its value in Honoring woman as a Human Being making her as a Queen wherever she is , whenever and whatever her social class or level of education.....
The woman in islam is a Queen at home or outside , in occident or in oriental world.......
So sisters and brothers , especially my sisters who embraced Islam , can you please show to the world and especially those above that they see the opposite, what kind of place you have win and taste as woman now between the corners of the islamic verdicts?
Is there any injustice?
Is there any difference between man and woman as muslims , a difference wich imply any ''supremacy''of one over the other?
 
Thank you in advance to any usefulness showing the truth which is becoming progressively distorted rather hidden by such many who want to cut the longue of this truth...
 
God bless you all sisters and brothers and helps us all to enlight that truth.
Salamouallaykom


Edited by Meriam - 20 August 2010 at 8:32pm
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
iafiaf
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Location: United States
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 280
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote iafiaf Replybullet Posted: 21 August 2010 at 2:40pm
Islam is perfect Alhamdulliah. It is freedom in such a caged world. I have never in my life felt so at peace and so equal to all the other brothers and sisters, Islam is a religon that does not put anyone in higher rank than anyone else for everybody is equal in the sight of Almighty God, but God only ranks people by their righteous deeds....What is more beautiful than that? What is more pure? 
Islam surely is peace for the whole of mankind! And nobody is opressed especially NOT women we women are free we are treated with so much respect unlike all those women in the western world today who show of their bodies etc, the ones whom do that who make themseleves that low in society (showing off their bodyparts etc) are truely the opressed....we muslimah are submitting to the will of God so therefore we are free!
What many people misinterpret about Islam is the status of men and women, their ignorance and arrogance assumes that men are superior to women which is TRUELY false, read the quran and you will surely see your stupidity-the ones whom assume the heirachy.... Islam states that men and women are equal but have different roles in life, which is clearly obvious, because men are stronger than women physically and emotionally....Before anyone judges Islam my advice to them is: DO YOUR RESEARCH AND STOP
MISINTERPRETING THE QURAN AND BEING SO ISLAMAPHOBIC AND SAYING THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE! 

Islam is beautiful. AllahhuAkbar- God surely is the Greatest.
May God guide us all and after God has guided us may he never misguide us.
May peace be with everyone.
May Allah grant us all jannah al firdaus. Amen.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Posts: 1065
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 10:18am
My new born god daughter was left on the streets of a small town in Pakistan to die by her maternal (Muslim) grandfather because she was a female and the mother had refused to move to the US with her husband. 

The American father's extended family heard what was happening to the baby and rescued her from the street.  They then notified the American father.  The father and his father were rushed through .gov channels to where the baby had been taken by their family members and brought her out.  She is 9 years old now, absolutely beautiful, intelligent and lives a wonderful life in the USA. 

The baby's (Muslim) mother was sold to an older man as wife #4 from whom she is now divorced with even more children she has a hard time caring for. 
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
jimdi3  
Mureed
Mureed
Avatar
Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Posts: 3427
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote jimdi3 Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 12:09pm
 IafIaf, your post reads and sounds like a lesson learned to be parroted without thought. You appear blind and deaf to the World's news and the treatment your Sisters (?) are experiencing. If you are not blind and are aware of their suffering ....... then what you have posted has no meaning.
 
Perfect, such purity and rank. It is so rank it rankels.


Edited by jimdi3 - 22 August 2010 at 12:17pm
hype the sensationalism by capitalizing on the propensity of a few. Grotham
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
The_Seeker  
Graduate
Graduate
Avatar
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 2742
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Seeker Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Grotham

My new born god daughter was left on the streets of a small town in Pakistan to die by her maternal (Muslim) grandfather because she was a female and the mother had refused to move to the US with her husband. 

The American father's extended family heard what was happening to the baby and rescued her from the street.  They then notified the American father.  The father and his father were rushed through .gov channels to where the baby had been taken by their family members and brought her out.  She is 9 years old now, absolutely beautiful, intelligent and lives a wonderful life in the USA. 

The baby's (Muslim) mother was sold to an older man as wife #4 from whom she is now divorced with even more children she has a hard time caring for. 


Where in Islam does it say this kind of behavior is acceptable? Please cite a specific source from the Qur'an and/or Hadith.

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) specifically forbade this. He loved his daughter Fatima as much as any dad could.

What happened to the girl you cite above is a tragedy and never should have happened. But it has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The strong person is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry."
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
Avatar
Location: United States
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 2144
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote searching Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 5:32pm
What happened to this poor little baby was the result of culture and not religion.  The Qur'an specifically prohibits harming baby girls since this was a practice at the time the Qur'an was revealed.

“O you who believe!  You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the bridal money you have given them. And live with them honourably.  If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and God brings a great deal of good through it.” (Quran 4:19)

And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief! He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth[]? Certainly, evil is their decision.  (Qur'an 16:58,59)
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
The_Seeker  
Graduate
Graduate
Avatar
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 2742
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Seeker Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 5:54pm
Thank you Searching for your references.

The verses 16:58-59 is referring to how God condemns this very behavior. One translation ends verse 59 with "Miserable indeed is their judgment."
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The strong person is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry."
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Posts: 1065
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by The_Seeker



Where in Islam does it say this kind of behavior is acceptable? Please cite a specific source from the Qur'an and/or Hadith.

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) specifically forbade this. He loved his daughter Fatima as much as any dad could.

What happened to the girl you cite above is a tragedy and never should have happened. But it has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.


The Qur'an didn't stop it from happening and neither did the Muslim community or Muslim law enforcement - but the Methodists sure did. 
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
mai moslemah  
Mureed
Mureed
Avatar
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 4037
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote mai moslemah Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Grotham

My new born god daughter was left on the streets of a small town in Pakistan to die by her maternal (Muslim) grandfather because she was a female and the mother had refused to move to the US with her husband. 

The American father's extended family heard what was happening to the baby and rescued her from the street.  They then notified the American father.  The father and his father were rushed through .gov channels to where the baby had been taken by their family members and brought her out.  She is 9 years old now, absolutely beautiful, intelligent and lives a wonderful life in the USA. 

The baby's (Muslim) mother was sold to an older man as wife #4 from whom she is now divorced with even more children she has a hard time caring for. 
You can mention many other situation which is the same even worse and more tragedy in your country from people who are Christian or Jew or athiest,....
But don`t you see?that i am truely free? this piece of scarf on me;i wear so proudly to preserve my dignity,modesty & integrity....why can`t i just be me??? "i am the one who is free!!!!

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Posts: 1065
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by searching

What happened to this poor little baby was the result of culture and not religion.  The Qur'an specifically prohibits harming baby girls since this was a practice at the time the Qur'an was revealed.

“O you who believe!  You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the bridal money you have given them. And live with them honourably.  If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and God brings a great deal of good through it.” (Quran 4:19)

And when the news of (the birth of) a female (child) is brought to any of them, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with inward grief! He hides himself from the people because of the evil of that whereof he has been informed. Shall he keep her with dishonour or bury her in the earth[]? Certainly, evil is their decision.  (Qur'an 16:58,59)


All those nice flowery words don't mean anything unless people heed them in the best positive way.   In this case a baby could have died.  It seems to me the Muslim community who knows the true meanings of their teachings need to help their co-religionists understand so they will be more accepted in the world.  Even tribal and cultural attributes have a right and wrong and that is one of the lamest excuses of all to use. 
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
stranger  
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 728
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote stranger Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Grotham


]The Qur'an didn't stop it from happening and neither did the Muslim community or Muslim law enforcement - but the Methodists sure did. 


The Qur'an is not going to physically stop anyone from doing anything. However if any of these people were truly muslim and actually followed the Qur'an then no such thing would have ever happened.
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “He who does not show mercy to people, Allah also does not show mercy to him.” [Bukhari]
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
The_Seeker  
Graduate
Graduate
Avatar
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Posts: 2742
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Seeker Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Grotham

Originally posted by The_Seeker



Where in Islam does it say this kind of behavior is acceptable? Please cite a specific source from the Qur'an and/or Hadith.

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) specifically forbade this. He loved his daughter Fatima as much as any dad could.

What happened to the girl you cite above is a tragedy and never should have happened. But it has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.


The Qur'an didn't stop it from happening and neither did the Muslim community or Muslim law enforcement - but the Methodists sure did. 


So everything Muslims do is Islamic? The entire Muslim community (1.5 billion worldwide) should be held accountable for what these people do?


The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The strong person is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry."
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Posts: 1065
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by mai moslemah

You can mention many other situation which is the same even worse and more tragedy in your country from people who are Christian or Jew or athiest,....


Why not just tell the truth, the people who did that and let it happen were wrong and need to learn the "real" Islam for a change.  Isn't that what people are saying in defense of Park51?  Why not go to the root of the problems, the places it is worst and work there amongst those ill informed people?  Then maybe the "real" Islam will have a better reputation.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Grotham  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Judaism(Liberal)
Posts: 1065
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Grotham Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by The_Seeker

Originally posted by Grotham

Originally posted by The_Seeker



Where in Islam does it say this kind of behavior is acceptable? Please cite a specific source from the Qur'an and/or Hadith.

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) specifically forbade this. He loved his daughter Fatima as much as any dad could.

What happened to the girl you cite above is a tragedy and never should have happened. But it has nothing to do with what Islam teaches.


The Qur'an didn't stop it from happening and neither did the Muslim community or Muslim law enforcement - but the Methodists sure did. 


So everything Muslims do is Islamic? The entire Muslim community (1.5 billion worldwide) should be held accountable for what these people do?




The "Muslim community" in that town .. the ones who knew, who helped and the ones who stood silently while that baby was left in an alleyway.   I doubt that is your 1.5 bil but if it is, shame on them.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.03
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide
Disclaimer
The opinions expressed by members of the Whyislam Forum do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the Whyislam Team, or any of its subsidiaries, or parent organizations.