Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Names of Allah Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2011 at 4:00am
The Forgiver & The Acceptor of Repentance

(Al-Ghaffour - Al-Tawab)

A brief talk by Dr. Imad explaining Allah's two names The Forgiver & The Acceptor of Repentance

http://www.youtube.com/user/masyouth#p/c/CB3D213F5945DC90/23/QXeE2JTdiP4

(9 minutes)

He is The Most Forgiving God and He forgives all sins when a believer sincerely repents

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2011 at 2:28pm
The Manifest, The Beyond

(Al-Zaher - Al-Batin)

A brief talk by Dr. Imad explaining Allah's two names The Manifest, The Beyond

http://www.youtube.com/user/masyouth#p/c/CB3D213F5945DC90/2/nDRh_guP2MA

(7 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 9:07am
Al-Fattāh – Allah is the Opener of the Way

The Remover of Hardships

Allah relieves our sorrows. He shows us the way out of our difficulties and distresses. He removes our afflictions and covers us with His mercy. He opens up the gates of His bounty. This is why the Prophet (peace be upon him) taught us to say when we enter the mosque: “O Allah! Open to me the gates of Your mercy.” [Sahīh Muslim (713)]

It is Allah’s mercy that He does not prolong the times of sorrow and hardship in our lives.

Whenever the future looks bleak in the face of seemingly never-ending hardships, we should know that Allah will provide a way out for us. Relief may seem far off, but the night is at its darkest in the last hours before dawn. When we are stricken with sorrows, we must remember that Allah is “the Opener of all affairs, the All-Knowing”, and that He is “the best to lay open all affairs.” We should call out to Him by His name al-Fattāh, since a believer never despairs and never loses hope in Allah.

The Giver of Religious Knowledge

Allah opens up to us the path of knowledge. Take the Qur’an for example. Pause on each of its verses. Consider the various meanings, nuances, and aspects of rhetorical beauty each verse contains. Then turn to the books of commentary. You will find great differences between the scholars in the variety of insights they have, as well as in the meanings they are able to derive from the verses. This is Allah’s grace that He bestows on whom He pleases. Allah is the Opener of all affairs, the All-Knowing who opens up the treasures of knowledge and understanding to whom He chooses from among His devotees.

The Discloser of All Affairs in the Hereafter

Allah will judge between all of His creatures in truth on the Day of Judgment. No matter how elusive the question of justice might have been on Earth, Allah will bring it to the surface in the Hereafter. Allah will open the way for the oppressed to finally find redress from their oppressors: “Our Lord! Lay open Your true judgment between us and our people; as You are the best to lay open all affairs.” [Sūrah al-A`rāf: 89]

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2011 at 7:50am

God’s Name Al-Wadoud (The All-Loving)

Allah’s divine love for man is manifested by His divine protection, help, victory, success, sending down mercy upon his heart, sending down peace and tranquility upon him, providing him with all the things he needs. This is Allah’s divine love for man. But man’s love for Allah is substantiated by inclination and attachment, because if Allah forsakes him, or deprives him of His divine light, he feels unbearable pain and sorrow.

Once man loves God he gets inclined to Him, seeks refuge in His divine shade, light, holy manifestations, peace and tranquility, and he feels that Allah is always protecting and helping him. But Allah’s divine love for man means protection, help, support...etc. And “Al-Woudd” is the practical substantiation of both kinds of love.

How Allah Is Wadoud (All-Loving)?

1- The first point concerns Allah’s name “Al-Wadoud” (The All-Loving) is that He endears Himself to His slaves by bestowing His innumerable divine favors upon them. Therefore, logic and good reason show that the entire universe is nothing but a manifestation and substantiation of Allah’s Divine “Woudd” (i.e. Love) for mankind.

Thus Allah favors you with His never-ending favors and graces: good health, fresh water, delicious food and drink, fruits, fishes, birds...etc. When your heart and all other parts of your body work properly, this is one of Allah’s uncountable Divine “Woudd” (i.e. Love) for mankind....

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/allah/450996-gods-name-al-wadoud-the-all-loving.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2011 at 12:56am

God’s Name Al-Hakeem (The All Wise)

“Al-Hikmah” (Wisdom) is to possess the best knowledge; and Allah’s divine knowledge is infinite ...

“Al-Hakeem” (The All Wise) is He Who is far above doing things that should not be done. Put it differently, He does the proper thing in the proper way in the proper place and the proper time. For human beings, a wise person is someone who does the proper thing in the proper way in the proper place and the proper time. Such is a “Hakeem” (a wise person). ...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/451212-gods-name-al-hakeem-the-all-wise.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 March 2011 at 12:46am

How God is Razzaq (All-Provider)?

1- God is “Ar-Razzaq” (the All-Provider) who provides all of His slaves with sustenance regardless of their number or quantity of provision. That is why it is rightly said: “If Allah gives, He astonishes.” In this context, Allah says: “And so many a moving (living) creature carries not its own provision! Allah provides for it and for you. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” (Al-Ankabut 29; 60)

2- “Ar-Razzaq” (The All-Provider) is He (God), who provides people’s bodies (with sustenance) by His grace, and adorns the hearts of the elite with true faith. One of the interpretations of the word “provision” therefore is material bodily sustenance, physical bodily needs.

3- Also, some scholars interpret the word “provision” as spiritual provision, that is, if you perform prayer with true solemnity and submissiveness, if you cry while performing prayer, if your heart is filled with humility and veneration while reading the Quran, you feel secure and tranquil for being near to Allah ...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/allah/451334-gods-name-ar-razzaq-the-all-provider.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:47pm
God’s Name Al-Qadeer (The Omnipotent)

How to Know God Being “Qadeer”?

1- Allah is Mighty, whereas the human being is weak. Therefore the natural situation for a human being is to express and show his need to Allah. And the situation for Allah is to strengthen the human being who expresses his need to Allah ...

2- A believer who strongly believes that his matter is within the Hands of his God, and that He doesn't bring but good, and that He is the only one who is able to exalt or lower his rank, the only one who is able to humiliate him, or to strengthen him. Moreover, He is the only one who could grant you, or deprive you. This faith within the believer’s heart protects him from despair, surrender, giving in. His spirit is lifted due to his strong faith that everything is under Allah's absolute control. ...

3- Moreover, as it is pointless to go to a poor person asking for money, you should go instead to someone you think might have it, as it is an illusion to think that someone has it whereas he really doesn’t. To that God says: "who is truly God to be worshiped in the heaven and the only God to be worshiped in Earth" [Az-Zukhruf 43; 84]

Thus, you should ask the one who listens, pray to the almighty who could solve your problems, the one who loves you and cares about you, the powerful who will have mercy on you. ...

4- Monotheism fills the heart with security and assurance ...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/allah/451430-gods-name-al-qadeer-the-omnipotent-the-powerful.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:41pm
Al-Jabbar:Mending the Broken Heart

In certain circumstances we just feel… broken.Yet this feeling of brokenness can be an invitation to be better acquainted with al-Jabbar.

Al-Jabbar is the One who is able to restore and mend what is broken. Some of the great scholars would supplicate “Ya Jaabir kul kaseer” when they were faced with overwhelming difficulty, meaning “Oh You who mends everything that is broken.” The Arabic word for a splint that is used to help an arm heal when it is broken is “jibeera” from the same root ja-ba-ra. Thus, when we feel broken, we need to go to the only One who can mend our state–al-Jabbar. Sometimes when we get this broken feeling, shaytan (satan) tells us not to go to Allah because we are being hypocritical by only going to Allah when we are down. Yet this is untrue– Allah has named Himself al-Jabbar and given Himself this attribute; you cannot go to the One whose attribute is mending what is broken, and not be healed by Him.

The example of the Prophet (pbuh) is a beautiful one. Imagine being 50 years old, having just lost both your wife of twenty-five years and your uncle who took care of you as a child. Imagine walking into a town in order to ask people for their protection, and instead have them throw stones at you until your feet bleed. How would you have felt? How exhausted, both spiritually and physically, would you have been? And yet, the Prophet (pbuh) calls out to Allah in one of the most beautiful and heartfelt du`a’ (supplication):

“O Allah! To you alone I complain my weakness, my scarcity of resources, and the humiliation I have been subjected to by people. O Most Merciful of those who have mercy! You are the Lord of the weak, and You are My Lord too.

To whom have you entrusted me? To a distant person who receives me with hostility? Or to an enemy to whom you have granted authority over my affair?

But as long as You are not angry with me, I do no care, except that Your favor is a more expansive relief to me. I seek refuge in the light of Your Face by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Your anger or Your displeasure descend upon me.

Yours is the right to reproach until You are pleased. There is no power and no might except by You.”

Read those words carefully. The du`a’ of  the Prophet ﷺ was not “O Allah, please give me x and y.” It was literally the call of someone broken– complaining to Allah of his situation and expressing to Allah how he felt. What did Allah give him? A young boy by the name of Addaas saw the Prophet (pbuh), came to him with some grapes and kissed his bleeding feet. That is al-Jabbar.

Therefore, we have to always remind ourselves of this blessed name al-Jabbar; Allah will mend your broken heart. It may be through a kind word from someone that brightens your day or it may be a talk that you attend. It may even be something greater. But call on Allah like the Prophet (pbuh) did, recognizing this attribute, and know that He will manifest this Name in your life.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2011 at 12:37pm

God’s Name Al-Quddous (The Holy)

“Al-Quddous” is He Who purifies the souls of His worshippers by keeping them away from sinful deeds or following lusty evil desires and caprices.

“Al-Quddous” is God Who purifies the hearts of true believers from love for the present world; Who purifies the hearts of those who know Him and are conscious of Him from everything except Him.

He purifies the hearts of worshippers, the hearts of true believers and the hearts of those who know Him and are conscious of Him. Those who are qualified by their being obedient to Allah, they turn to Him with faithful worship and sincere devotion. And true believers look forward to Allah’s good promise and generous recompense and shun all things that make them lose His love...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/allah/451531-gods-name-al-quddous-the-holy.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:40pm
Nothing is Ever Wasted

One of Allah’s Names is Ash-Shakoor: He is Appreciative of what you do, no matter how small, and He rewards it abundantly. Imagine: Allah (swt) is so appreciative, He even rewards our intention! Therefore, we know that those who intend to do well, but cannot do it, are still rewarded. This feeling of failure is actually a deception from shaytan to deter us from trying. He promotes neglect: “Don’t work on your relationship with your parents, they’ll never change,” and makes us doubt: “do you really think that your tiny effort is going to have an effect?” But Allah (swt) rewards you when you try because your trying is testament to the fact that even though you know you are a minor player, you are doing it for His sake.

Subhan’Allah. Sometimes we deal with Allah (swt) as though He is a human being Who doesn’t know about the worry we feel, the stress, the striving. When we fail to see the results of our effort, we think that we failed and that it was a waste of time. But Allah (swt) tells us:

“And never is your Lord forgetful…” (Qur’an, 19:64)

If you try to work on your relationship with your family members but to no avail, remember, Allah knows about your pain. He won’t forget it, and He will give you compensation for it accordingly. If you want to work into making your community better, but something happens whereby everything you invested in it is suddenly gone, Allah always knows. The point is that we are not just about dunya even though we’re in it. When we fall, we pick ourselves back up again because we are also about the akhirah – our ultimate hope is in Him.

Don’t think that your efforts have been wasted. They have not. They are recorded with Ash-Shakoor, and if you don’t see the fruits of your labor in this life, surely Allah (swt) is keeping something amazing for you in the next.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2011 at 4:18pm

God’s Name As-Sabour (The Most Patient)

Allah is “As-Sabour” (The Most Patient), who does not hasten His punishment to those who disobey Him; always gives respite, but He never neglects:

“And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving living creature on the surface of it (the earth); but He gives them respite to an appointed term; and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever All-Seer of His slaves.” (Fatir 35; 45)

God’s name As-Sabour is not literally mentioned in the Quran, but was actually mentioned in prophetic Hadith in which Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, speaks about Allah’s beautiful Divine names and attributes. However, there are a lot of indications and references to this name in the Quran.

In the peace-treaty of Al-Hudaybiyah, between Muslims and the disbelievers of Quraish, for instance, Allah knew that among the disbelievers of Quraish, there were some believers who had secretly converted to Islam, and who were, therefore, known neither to Muslims nor to the disbelievers of Quraish. Due His mercy upon those unknown Muslims, who secretly converted to Islam, and also upon disbelievers themselves, God caused delay of the conquest of Makkah by Muslims. This event manifests clearly Allah’s name “As-Sabour” (The Most Patient). ...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/belief/451781-gods-name-as-sabour-the-most-patient.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:23pm
Al-Samī` – Allah is All-Hearing

Allah hears all sounds. He hears everything we say, no matter how privately we speak. Allah says: “It is the same to Him whether one of you conceals his speech or declares it openly; whether he lies hidden by night or walks forth freely by day.” [Sūrah al-Ra`d: 10]

Our most secretive speech is an open declaration before Allah. Indeed, he hears even our innermost thoughts. Everything is evident to Him, since He is its Creator and He is the one who enables and sustains all that unfolds.

The One Who Answers Prayers

The idea that Allah hears every sound and every utterance is the most obvious connotation of His name “The All-Hearing”, but this noble name all also conveys the meaning that Allah hears and answers our prayers.

Allah answers the prayers of those who beseech Him humbly with firm faith and who perform righteous deeds. This is why Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah from “a prayer that goes unheard”. The Prophet did not mean that he feared Allah would not hear the prayer itself, but rather that the Allah would leave the prayer unanswered.

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-429-4039.htm

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2011 at 4:25pm
Reflections on The Divine Names-Al-Ghazali (ra)

al-Jami'
[The Uniter]

...is the one who combines similar things, dissimilar things, and opposites. So far as God's uniting similar things is concerned, one example would be His bringing many human beings together on the face of the earth; and another His gathering the distinguished among them on the plain of the resurrection. So far as dissimilar things are concerned, an example would be His uniting heavens, stars, air, earth, sea, animals, plants and diverse minerals. All of these have different shapes, colours, tastes, and properties, yet He has brought some of them together on earth, and has united all of them in the universe. In a similar way He has united bone, sinew, veins, muscles, brains, skin and blood, and the rest of the constituents of the humours in the body of animals. As for opposites, an example would be uniting heat with cold, and dry with wet in the physical constitution of animals, when these are incompatible with and resistant to each other. That is the most expressive aspect of uniting. One will only come to know the particulars of His uniting if one knows the particulars of the things He has united in this world and the next, and all that would take a long time to explain.

Counsel:

Among men the one who unites is one who integrates the external behaviour of his limbs with the inner realities of his heart. The one who unites is one in whom knowledge is perfect and behaviour admirable. So it is said: one is perfect when the light of his knowledge does not extinguish the light of his piety. For uniting steadfastness with insight is difficult, so you will see some steadfast in piety and asceticism yet lacking insight, or you will find some endowed with insight but lacking steadfastness. So whoever unites steadfastness with insight will be known as one who unites.

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 April 2011 at 11:50am

God’s Name Al-Mu'ti (The Giver)

Allah grants health, intelligence, power, beauty and money to many of His creatures, but He gives tranquility in considerable amounts to His true believers.

He grants you spiritual graces ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version