Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Names of Allah Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2017 at 4:26pm
Allah is the Most Forgiving, Oft-Forgiving

Al-Ghafur, Al-Ghaffar, Al-Ghafir. These three names refer to Allah’s forgiveness.

The name Al-Ghafir means the Forgiver, while the names Al-Ghafur and Al-Ghaffar are more emphatic, indicating that Allah is most forgiving, oft-forgiving.

Taken together, these three names occur in the Quran ninety-eight times...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/understanding-islam/how-allah-is-the-most-forgiving-oft-forgiving/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 September 2017 at 7:11am
Allah is Al-Quddous (The Holy)

Allah, Most Gracious, says :

“He is Allah: There is no god but Him, the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him." ...

Scholars said: He who knows Allah’s Name “Al-Quddous” never humbles himself to any creature because his soul has become sanctified by his knowledge of Allah, Most Gracious. Therefore, it is impossible that he humbles himself to anyone except Allah, All-Mighty, All-Majestic.

And he who knows Allah’s Divine Name “Al-Quddous” never magnifies any creature in his heart whereby he has known Him. His heart, which has magnified Allah, All-Mighty, All-Majestic, is impossible to magnify with Him anyone else! ...

http://nabulsi.com/en/art.php?art=5093&id=55&sid=600&ssid=601&sssid=603&w=

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 October 2017 at 5:49am
Allah is As-Salam (The Source off Peace, Safety and Perfection)

God says in the Qur'an:

Allah calls to the Home of Peace (i.e. Paradise) and guides whom He wills to the Straight Path.” (10:25)

This Divine Name of Allah means that He, All-Mighty, All-Majestic, is the Source of Peace and Safety, which also means that He, Glorified and Exalted, is Free from any kind of defect, His Attributes are free from any kind of imperfection, His Acts are free from any kind of evil...

http://nabulsi.com/en/art.php?art=5355&id=55&sid=600&ssid=601&sssid=603&w=

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 October 2017 at 5:36am
Al-Wahhab: The All-Giver

Man is made up of both a mind and a heart. With his mind, he gets to know Allah; and with his heart, he loves Him.

As scholars see it, this Divine Name is related to love, but before we set out to explain the meaning of the Arabic word “Al-Wahhab”, I would like to give an example from our daily life...

http://nabulsi.com/en/art.php?art=5033&id=55&sid=600&ssid=601&sssid=603&w=

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2018 at 5:27am
Seeking The Guide

God, exalted is He, has given Himself names and attributes so that we can know Him.

What is most amazing and beautiful about Allah’s Names is that through them, you can see how your Creator recognizes the needs of His creation.

We all need sustenance; and He is Ar-Razzaq, The All-Provider. We all need love; and He is Al-Wadud, The Most Loving. We all need protection; and Allah is Al-Hafidh, The Guardian. What we need the most is the very thing of which God has an unlimited supply.

Behind the Scene

And so sometimes we are put through things to know God. Sometimes it is to open your eyes to your own flaws so that you can change.

But whatever it is, if you realize that the answer to any problem is through Him, and that He suffices all your needs, then your relief is already at hand.

Recently, I found myself to be very lost. And this was alarming because I used to be a person who had direction. I thought I knew where I was going and what I was doing.

But things started to fall apart, internally. I wasn’t sure anymore. And then I realized I had three choices; to continue to do what I was doing without putting in any extra thought, to give up entirely, or to re-assess and re-orient.

And because this feeling persisted for a while, I realized something else. I came to know Allah’s attribute of Guidance...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/seeking-the-guide/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 June 2018 at 7:05am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 01 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

In this introductory lesson on the Beautiful Names of Allah, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani gives an introduction to this series and its purpose: strengthening faith through knowledge and action.

He introduces the subject, mention of the Names in the Quran and hadith, and the great works on the topic, before moving on to the biography of Imam Sanusi, whose succinct explanation of the 99 names is the text covered in this series.

(37 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 June 2018 at 6:28am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 02 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Shaykh Faraz Rabbani continues covering Imam Sanusi’s succinct explanation of the Divine Names.

In this session, he looks at the first three names of God, beginning from His personal name—Allah.

He explains that this name encompasses the meanings of all the other names, and that turning to Allah through this name is by continual attachment to Him and focusing on Him alone.

For the next two names, al-Rahman (the Encompassingly Merciful) and al-Rahim (the Particularly Merciful), Shaykh Faraz expounds on how we understand Divine attributes indicating human qualities through the consequent meaning—in this case, the bestowal of blessings, and also sheds light on some distinctions between the two names.

He shows how understanding Allah’s blessings would make one seek their ultimate manifestation in the Hereafter.

He closes by looking at five ways we can connect with these two names.

(59 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2018 at 5:51am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 03 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

In this session, he looks at the next seven names of Allah.

The first is (#4) the al-Malik (the King), for which he sheds light on six principal meanings, before looking at eight ways to connect to God through this name.

One connects to Him through His names (#5) al-Quddus (the Holy—the One beyond every imperfection) and (#6) al-Salam (the Peace) by being distant from shortcomings and seeking to be at peace.

Next, Shaykh Faraz looks at the names (#7) al-Mu’min (the Confirming—the One who confirms His prophets’ messages through proofs), (#8) al-Muhaymin (the Encompassing), (#9) al-ʿAziz (the Triumphant—the One with overwhelming sway over all contingent things, or the Unique beyond comparison), and (#10) al-Jabbar (the Restorer, or the Compeller).

He explains how one can connect to Allah, both outwardly and inwardly, through these names.

(55 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 June 2018 at 1:11am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 04 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Shaykh Faraz Rabbani continues looking at the Most Beautiful Names of Allah from Imam Sanusi’s succinct explanation of the Divine Names.

In this session, He looks at the next five names of Allah, beginning with (#11) al-Mutakabbir (the Truly Great)—the One who manifests His tremendous perfection through proofs. He explains how one connects with this Divine name—by realizing one’s humility and resisting the nafs’s efforts to do otherwise.

He next looks at the names (#12) al-Khaliq (the Creator) and (#13) al-Bari’ (the Subtle Originator), what they mean, and how one connects with them through leaving attachment to one’s pretences and means and attaching oneself to Him.

One connects with (#14) al-Musawwir (the Fashioner), he explains, by finding sufficiency in Him from created forms.

Shaykh Faraz closes by looking at the name (#15) al-Ghaffar (the All-Forgiving), the One Who covers over sins. He explains how Allah covers over for everyone, from sinners (the grave magnitude of sin) to saints, and how one connects with this name by covering over sins with virtuous deeds and repentance.

(44 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2018 at 4:47am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 05 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

In this session, He looks at the next three names of Allah, starting with (#16) al-Qahhar (the Overpowering).

He describes what it means and explains the relation between Allah’s Will and His Power, the link between cause and effect, and the Islamic perspective on the “problem of evil.”

He moves on to look at how to connect with this name—by overpowering one’s internal enemies by Him and seeing it from Him, not oneself.

Next Shaykh Faraz describes the meaning of the name (#17) al-Wahhab (the Bestower). He explains we should seek the perfect manifestation of His blessings in the Hereafter and connect to Him through gratitude, not disobeying Him with His blessings or being stingy with them.

Lastlly, he looks at the name (#18) al-Razzaq (the Provider), who grants both spiritual and physical provision, and describes how one connects with this name, through restraint in seeking provision and not having despair or distress when means prove difficult.

(59 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 July 2018 at 6:38am
The Most Beautiful Names of Allah - 06 - Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Shaykh Faraz Rabbani continues looking at the Most Beautiful Names of Allah from Imam Sanusi’s succinct explanation of the Divine Names.

In this session, He looks at two names of Allah. The first is (#19) al-Fattah (the Opener)—the One Who bestows favour by manifesting good and ease after constriction. One connects with Him through this name by not being stingy with what He has opened for one of knowledge or other matters and beholding His favour and being grateful for what He manifests at one’s hands.

Shaykh Faraz moves on to explain the next name, (#20) al-ʿAlīm (the Truly Knowing). He marvels at the limitless, all-encompassing nature of Allah’s knowledge, and explains how to connect with Him through this name through seeking and implementing knowledge and being watchful of Him, aware that He knows all things.

(31 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2018 at 4:25am
The Most Loving (Al-Wadud): How Allah Shows Us His Love

Some of God’s names are very familiar to us. We use them often in our prayers and supplications; names such as the Most Merciful, the Most Forgiving and the Most Generous.

In this article, we are going to look at a name that we often overlook, the Most Loving, Al Wadud.

Although not a day goes past that we do not experience manifestations of God’s love for us, we often fail to define the blessings and bounties as love.

One reason might be that the words Al Wadud, the Most Loving, are not found in the Quran as often as many of the other names of God.

Al Wadud is mentioned only twice; once in chapter eleven and once in chapter eighty five...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 September 2018 at 6:26am
Seeking The Guide: Understanding Allah's Name Al-Hadi

God, exalted is He, has given Himself names and attributes so that we can know Him.

What is most amazing and beautiful about Allah’s Names is that through them, you can see how your Creator recognizes the needs of His creation.

We all need sustenance; and He is Ar-Razzaq, The All-Provider. We all need love; and He is Al-Wadud, The Most Loving. We all need protection; and Allah is Al-Hafidh, The Guardian. What we need the most is the very thing of which God has an unlimited supply...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/seeking-the-guide/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 September 2018 at 3:15am
Al-Ahad & Al-Wahid – Know the One and Only True God

In the Arabic language God describes Himself as the One; however He uses two different Arabic words Ahad and Wahid. The word wahid is the Arabic word for the numeral one.

When used as God’s name, it refers to His being the One (God). It also refers to His being the First, before whom nothing existed, thus He is the One Who deserves to be worshiped.

God reminds us of this in Chapter 2, when he tells the believers that He (their God) is One and that nothing else has the right to be worshiped...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/al-ahad-al-wahid-know-the-one-and-only-true-god/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version