Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: What are the Root Causes of Islamophobia? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
franc  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote franc Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 1:47pm
Agreed. However, there are some cliches missing. Where is mention of the Jews, for example?
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:21pm
Hi Franc and welcome to the forum. Which post exactly are you agreeing to? And what do you mean by 'mention of the Jews, for example?'.
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
franc  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote franc Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 7:41pm
]
[QUOTE=whirlingEcstasy]......The west has got used to such lies being spread against islam and rejection of truth just because tbe christian holy warriors lost the crusades and the defeat of the army of Christ could not be explained by the charlatan capitalist clergy.

I meant this remark by Whirling.

Thanks for the welcome, Hamayoun, but you may withdraw it if you wish. It's Franchophile, back to ruin your day. I was somehow separated from this forum, and when I finally found an entrance, the forum would not believe I was who I am, so I have re-upped, as it were.
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 8:10pm
Welcome back franc!
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
Squeegie  

Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Squeegie Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 9:27pm
Root causes? Simple. Muslims behead people who don't agree with them. As one such person, I'll think twice before walking down a dimly lit street lined with young men with beards and kufi skullcaps brandishing scimitars.
The_Seeker  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Seeker Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Squeegie

Root causes? Simple. Muslims behead people who don't agree with them. As one such person, I'll think twice before walking down a dimly lit street lined with young men with beards and kufi skullcaps brandishing scimitars.

Does this mean you are also afraid of black people? There's a large population of blacks in Chicago (and many other large cities) that will shoot you for walking on the wrong side of the street. And it has nothing to do with religion.

We just had an incident where 8-10 black men stormed a city bus just to steal an iPod.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2206018&spid=

Your world must be pretty small.

Edited by The_Seeker - 09 June 2011 at 10:20pm
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The strong person is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry."
kavalec  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote kavalec Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2011 at 10:52pm

Islamophobe: someone with an irrational fear of being beheaded.

Internet Troll: someone with an irrational fear of actually communicating with other human beings.
The_Seeker  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Seeker Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2011 at 12:33pm

Are you also afraid of Hispanics? Because beheading is one of the favorite methods the Mexican drug cartels use to instill fear in the citizens and law enforcement, and other cartels.

I don't mean to take this thread off-topic, but if you really want to go down this route, then let's go.

And just out of curiosity, your logic suggests you fear Muslims, blacks and Hispanics. So I have to ask: Are you a member of the Tea Party?
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The strong person is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry."
franc  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote franc Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2011 at 3:10pm
I don't know about Squeegie, but I am certainly afraid of Blacks who don't want me on their streets, and I am also afraid of Mexican drug lords. Aren't you? I take care not to be in their venues.
kavalec  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote kavalec Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by franc

I don't know about Squeegie, but I am certainly afraid of Blacks who don't want me on their streets, and I am also afraid of Mexican drug lords. Aren't you? I take care not to be in their venues.

I am Caucasian, 3/4 of my extended family is black, with numerous Hispanic in-laws extending from there.

Equating all Hispanics with Mexican drug lords is just rehashed KKK racism, round two.

With God's help it will go down the same toilet the Klan did.
Nura  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Nura Replybullet Posted: 11 June 2011 at 8:50am
The Seeker: you don't need to justify what some Muslims do by comparing them with some blacks and some mexicans.
The greatest majority of blacks don't shoot anybody and the greatest majority of Mexicans are not drug lords.
And there are even less Muslims who behead people, and even those who do, don't do it because they "don't agree with them". Muslims in Iraq who kidnapped foreigners and killed them (in any way) didn't do it because they were "infidels" but because (in their thought) they cooperated with the invaders. I'm not justifying them, but we have to correct this kind of thouhgts, because not even the most extremists among Muslims pleads for beheading non-Muslims.
Spare me the political events and power struggles, as the whole earth is my homeland and all men are my fellow countrymen. K.Gibran
franc  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote franc Replybullet Posted: 11 June 2011 at 9:06am
As always, Nura injects common sense into the conversation.

"Equating all Hispanics with Mexican drug lords is just rehashed KKK racism, round two."

Couldn't agree more. That's why I narrowed the focus of the remark.

kavalec  
Freshman
Freshman
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote kavalec Replybullet Posted: 11 June 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by franc

"Equating all Hispanics with Mexican drug lords is just rehashed KKK racism, round two."

Couldn't agree more. That's why I narrowed the focus of the remark.

Franc, if you are afraid of Blacks, Mexicans, or even Muslims shooting you when you invade their land...

Try the old Vaudeville Doctor cure...

"Doctor! Doctor! It hurts whenever I do this."

"Well then, don't do that."

franc  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote franc Replybullet Posted: 11 June 2011 at 3:29pm
I don't do that. Is it too much to expect reciprocity.

(By the way, I also am from a mixed race family. )

Most of my fears have come from actual experiences, which have not prejudiced me me against anything but the people who have theatened to kill me, I do bemoan my lack of freedom to go where I wish and expect to be safe.

<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version