Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: What is the Islamic stance on Israel?(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Ali1  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Forum Rating: 0
bullet Topic: What is the Islamic stance on Israel?
    Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:35pm
Salaaam everyone,

I think we would all agree Israel has a right to be a state. I think the real battle is over Jerusalem. I admit Israel has done a lot of crimes against the Palestinian people, but at the same time so has Hamas.

This discussion always comes up in my poly sci class, and I'm the only Muslim there so any feedback would be appreaciated.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Francophile  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
bullet Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:11pm
I sincerely doubt that all would agree that Israel has a right to be a state. There are people who say it should be wiped off the earth, man, women and child.

This is a good topic. I hope people respond.
Perseveranze

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:23am
Pretty much what franc said, minus innnocents, since under Shariah, under   no circumstances can innocents be killed. Very disadvantageous for Muslims, since Kaafir won't hesitate to go for civilians. But, I just remember all Muslims greatest wars have been won by following the Shariah of war, even though the enemy would outnumber us/have better weapons.

Towards the end times we will be at war with Jews, but this may be just the jews in israel, not sure.

For now, we just want Palastine to have their land back. Next is probably to liberate Jerueselum.

Edited by Perseveranze - 14 September 2011 at 10:26am
Fast Growing Islamic Search

www.Searching-Islam.com
Kadaveri  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Francophile

There are people who say it should be wiped off the earth, man, women and child.

This is not the position of those who want Israel 'wiped off the map', getting rid of a criminal regime does not mean harming the population under its control. When the Soviet Union was extinguished that didn't mean wiping out the Russians.

The general Muslim (I won't claim to put out an 'official' Islamic position) position is that Israel is an illegitimate entity due to its creation and continued existence through ethnic cleansing, massacres and constant assitance to tyranny across the region. We will never achieve any kind of real freedom or progress until that terrorist state is vanquished.
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Kadaveri

Israel is an illegitimate entity due to its creation and continued existence through ethnic cleansing, massacres and constant assitance to tyranny across the region. We will never achieve any kind of real freedom or progress until that terrorist state is vanquished.

You do realize that none of the claims you make are true, don't you?  Why would an entire people/religion believe the lies of their leaders like this?  It is truly amazing.  Or do you have proof positive of the claims you make in the name of Muslims and Islam?  It would be interesting to see what you consider to be "illegitimate, massacres, ethnic cleansing and constant assistance to tyranny across the region".  Also, can you define racism?
M.A.R.VV.A.N
Undergraduate
Undergraduate
Religion: Other(Other)
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 2:07pm
Corrina: Why would an entire people/religion believe the lies of their leaders like this?

No one here mentioned anything leaders....which leaders are you referring to?

Something's up, it's like you misunderstand the topic. In the last thread, you confused the Egyptians for the Israelis.

Edited by M.A.R.VV.A.N - 14 September 2011 at 2:26pm
"I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands even if he's wrong; than the one who comes up like an angel & is nothing but a devil" ~Malcolm X agitating the conservatives, Oxford '64
Corinna  
Graduate
Graduate

Religion: Judaism(Orthodox)
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by M.A.R.VV.A.N

Corrina: Why would an entire people/religion believe the lies of their leaders like this?

No one here mentioned anything leaders....which leaders are you referring to?  Leaders in Muslim communities who frequently preach and propagate hate toward Israel, Jews, Zionism, etc.  Who would they be?

Something's up, it's like you misunderstand the topic. In the last thread, you confused the Egyptians for the IsraelisNo, I didn't confuse Egyptians for Israelis, I merely changed tactics.  Sheesh.

I am still waiting for a definition of 'racism' and an answer to my question.  Either you can discuss by contributing clarification or you can't.  Personal insults don't work. 
talib84  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 3:56pm
I say we get rid of all the Jews and Arabs and put a bunch of Koreans there, see what happens .

Just kidding...

And no, that's not racist .

Edited by talib84 - 14 September 2011 at 4:00pm
"To be sure, Jesus will come and will restore all things. But I tell you, Jesus has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished."
talib84  
Mureed
Mureed
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by M.A.R.VV.A.N

No one here mentioned anything leaders....which leaders are you referring to?

Something's up, it's like you misunderstand the topic. In the last thread, you confused the Egyptians for the Israelis.

A bit off topic, Marv, but I've been seeing people do this for such a long time and I never learned how to do it lol. How do you link to a person's actual post rather than link to the beginning of the page? So many times I wanted to do just that but I gave up because I felt it would add more confusion to my discussions.
"To be sure, Jesus will come and will restore all things. But I tell you, Jesus has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished."
searching  
Graduate
Graduate
bullet Posted: 14 September 2011 at 4:12pm
There is no official Islamic stance on Israel. But I would say most Muslims believe that Israel is committing horrible crimes against the Palestinians and that the Palestinians deserve their own state, including getting their land back. The land that Israel just took from them, kicking them out of their homes so that the apparently superior Jews (I the eyes of Israel) could build houses.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version