Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Growth of Islam can be threatened by this!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
Auzer  
Freshman
Freshman
Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Auzer Replybullet Topic: Growth of Islam can be threatened by this!!
    Posted: 12 December 2011 at 2:10am
Today I want to notify you guys about a SERIOUS phenomenon that can prove to be very FATAL !

--------- Start reading below------------

1.Internet is the strongest tool of information is this age.Internet has the greatest penetration power than any other medium.
■ As we know,there is an ongoing "war" of apologetics b/w Christians and Muslims.There are alot of propaganda sites against Islam on the internet. Average Muslims don't know about the field of apologetics.They don't know the "tricks and techniques" this field applies to get its job done.Sadly,many Muslims fall victim to their ignorance of apologetics.There are also many Islam-defending apologetic sites but here comes the problem

■ Two months ago,I decided to check the trends of apologetics on the internet. I followed the Christian apologetic sites and then I made a comparison with the Muslim apologetic sites.Results were not very pleasant !

■ The Christian apologetic sites (and anti-Islamic sites) such as Answering-Islam.org , faithfreedom.org , Carm.org etc get way,way more traffic than Muslim apologetic sites.

The largest and number one (by traffic) Muslim apologetic site is Answering-Christianity.com but Alexa shows that Answering-Christianity's traffic is falling day by day.

Here are the rankings : (Christian apologetic sites)

Answering-Islam.org ----- 85,911 (worldwide)
Faithfreedom.org ------- 34,400 (worldwide)
CARM.org ------------ 42,315 (worldwide)

*These sites are not only very popular in Western countries but they are penetrating in Muslim societies as well !
--> Indonesia (Larest Muslim country on planet) is one of the LARGEST audience of FFI . . . .

Here are the rankings : (Muslim apologetic sites)

Answering-Christianity.com ------- 157,893 (worldwide)

*Other than this site,no full-fledged Muslim apologetic site is in top 200,000 most visited sites of the world.

The situation is alarming ! Google search for "Islam" shows Answering-Islam on the first page , which is a VERY ALARMING situation.Most people use internet these days.Interest in Islam is on the rise in Western world but when Western folks use google and see sites like Answering-Islam, they start hating Islam and many of them even start working actively to "stop" Islam. This is not very good for the growth of Islam in the West. Also such sites make many gullible Muslims to leave Islam and become Atheists or Christians and then these ex-Muslims start working AGAINST Islam in order to "save" other Muslims from it..

S0,how should we deal with this situation? Any solutions? I guess we should visit Muslim apologetic sites often to raise their ratings and also SPREAD the basic knowledge of apologetics among Muslims.
For the truth of Islam and answers to the false allegations on Islam . . . . . Go to

www.letmeturnthetables.com

www.call-to-monotheism.com
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Perseveranze

Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Perseveranze Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 4:27am
The situation is alarming ! Google search for "Islam" shows Answering-Islam on the first page , which is a VERY ALARMING situation.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

That's why I made a custom google search (link is in signature). It searches google, but takes out the Islamaphobe websites like A-I. It also increases ranks of the Islamic-apologetic sites.

And just for your info, Indonesia has ALOT of Christians too (through toleration).  So I wouldn't be concerned tbh.

End of the day, if people are fooled that easily then there's not much you can do. I think its their own responsibility that if they come accross something their not sure about, that instead of taking info from these decietful sites, they should ask a proper imam or check a proper Islamic site for answers. And I think most people already do that ^.

Finally, don't forget that who is guided and who isn't, is not upto us, it's upto Allah(swt).

Edited by Perseveranze - 12 December 2011 at 4:40am
Fast Growing Islamic Search

www.Searching-Islam.com
talib84  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote talib84 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Perse

Finally, don't forget that who is guided and who isn't, is not upto us, it's upto Allah(swt).

Precisely!

I think that also the hits to the websites show something else that isn't in immediate view. People who go to the Christian apologetic sites are likely already pre-disposed to hate Islam. So the numbers may not be average people wanting to simply learn more about religion and Islam landing at those Christian sites versus the Muslim sites. They're likely the same people or new people who grew up with a hate for Islam in their hearts that are just finding ways of digging up more dirt on the religion.

Either way, don't worry about it...the Hereafter is all that matters, and for them, it's going to be pretty hot. lol.
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 3:36pm
Relax Auzer.
 Type two words into Youtube's search bar 'Christianity and Islam' and see how many pro Islamic uploads there are compared to pro Christian uploads.. which boast about 'revert' conversion stories, about how the 'Bible led them to Islam' etc etc etc. Certainly not all of them can be called balanced by a long way. Its one way traffic however by and large towards Islam.
 Youtube dwarfs any apologetics site by hits many times over. Maybe the case is that some 'Muslims' are getting tired of hearing the same old claims of grandeur of who is guided and who isn't and perhaps like to learn about other faiths rather than be told what to believe about them.

Edited by Damo808 - 12 December 2011 at 3:37pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 3:43pm
We muslims do NOT lie about conversions.
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 3:51pm
Hama... who said anyone is lying ? All i said was that i don't believe all the pro Islamic uploads are balanced when it comes to where Christianity is topical. However a few posts up the page and anyone could be forgiven for thinking that such is typical of Christians...
 But then again, who are you to speak for ALL Muslims.. ?
 God knows what would happen if as many ex Muslims declared their new found faith in Christianity publicly on Youyube with such vigour... It could well be dangerous hmm ?

Edited by Damo808 - 12 December 2011 at 3:56pm
out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel: and his going forth is from the beginning, from the days of eternity. Micah 5:5
Perseveranze

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Perseveranze Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 4:41pm
nevermind...

Edited by Perseveranze - 12 December 2011 at 5:04pm

www.Searching-Islam.com
Damo808  
Mureed
Mureed

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Damo808 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 5:11pm
As above....

Edited by Damo808 - 12 December 2011 at 5:15pm
talib84  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote talib84 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 8:05pm
 @ both of you guys, that was just classic
Seeking
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member

Religion: Unknown(Unknown)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Seeking Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Perseveranze

Can you explain who is and isn't guided by aAlah. I've read that before and it sounds like pre-destination, that Allah decides beforehand who will be guided and who won't.

Originally posted by talib84

People who go to the Christian apologetic sites are likely already pre-disposed to hate Islam.

True. Unfortunately, people who go to Islamic apologetic sites are more likely to be pre-disposed to hate Christians. Most people are going to believe what they want to believe.

Francophile  
Undergraduate
Undergraduate

Religion: Agnostic(Agnostic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Francophile Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 9:33pm
And just for your info, Indonesia has ALOT of Christians too (through toleration).  So I wouldn't be concerned tbh.

Persy, you are a million laughs. Toleration of Christians in Indonessia? How do you come up with this stuff?

hamayoun  
Super Mureed
Super Mureed
The Humble Muslim
Religion: Islam(Sunni)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote hamayoun Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 10:15pm
"True. Unfortunately, people who go to Islamic apologetic sites are more likely to be pre-disposed to hate Christians. Most people are going to believe what they want to believe"

I have never come across a single Islamic site which has the amount of hatred and distortion on it that a lot of Christian sites do. When we muslims talk about why we believe Christians are not on the straight path, we don't start lying about it. Big difference. There is a VERY systematic process to distort as much as possible, it is well organized and well financed. I just did a google for 'hadith hit miswak', and 99% of the sites that came up were anti Islamic.
May Allah give me patience, Ameen.

My blog: http://regularbaba.blogspot.com/
talib84  
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote talib84 Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2011 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Seeking

Originally posted by Perseveranze

Can you explain who is and isn't guided by aAlah. I've read that before and it sounds like pre-destination, that Allah decides beforehand who will be guided and who won't.

Originally posted by talib84

People who go to the Christian apologetic sites are likely already pre-disposed to hate Islam.

True. Unfortunately, people who go to Islamic apologetic sites are more likely to be pre-disposed to hate Christians. Most people are going to believe what they want to believe.

In my experience, Muslims don't do it out of hate. They do it to try to reinforce their beliefs that their religion is the correct one.
Perseveranze

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Perseveranze Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2011 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Seeking

Peace

Read this - http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2009/09/does-allah-misguide-people.html

Originally posted by Francophile

Persy, you are a million laughs. Toleration of Christians in Indonessia? How do you come up with this stuff?

Peace,

About 7% of the population of Indonesia are Protestants, 3% are Catholics, with around 86% Muslims.[1]

That 10% didn't arrive yesterday you know.

Edited by Perseveranze - 13 December 2011 at 7:05am

www.Searching-Islam.com
Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version