Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Dr. Tariq Ramadan Talks Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2012 at 7:53am

Dr. Tariq Ramadan - "Important Elements in Muslim Family"

2nd Annual United For Change Conference - Our Families: Our Foundations Conference - Montreal, Canada

(French with English Subtitles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVsxMThE1Hg

(About 13 mins)

La ilaha ill-Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 March 2012 at 11:12am
Dr. Tariq Ramadan - "Europe, Islam and Pluralism"

An excellent talk by Dr. Ramadan which he gave last March in the UK at the Liverpool John Moores University

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYINzykP-64

(57 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 March 2012 at 12:18am
Social Justice: A Means to Attain Inner Peace

A talk by Dr. Ramadan on how social justice leads to inner peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-VjjB815Ys

(Audio - 64 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2012 at 1:43am
Islamic Education in the UK: A View To The Future 2012

A talk by Dr. Ramadan at Jesus College, University of Oxford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0L3e4GwT8

(34 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2012 at 12:15am
Dr. Tariq Ramadan: Speaking Truth and Building Power

United For Change 3rd Annual Conference: "United We Stand: One Nation, One Destiny"

In this lecture, Tariq Ramadan, one of this generation's towering intellectuals, addresses these twin issues.

Why must we continue to speak truth to power, and what are the means by which we can build our own moral, spiritual and intellectual power?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoWh_v7Fy20&feature=related

(57 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 15 April 2012 at 7:20am

What would the Prophet (pbuh)do Part 1 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eK3cZFdN7A

(About 30 mins)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2012 at 11:48pm

I Have a Question, I Know the Answer, Iím at Peace

by definition human beings are in need, always in need of something. It could be physical and it could be intellectual or spiritual, we need answers to our questions ĎWhyí...

Purpose of Life

And this is why Sir Eliot while he was writing his book on the history of religions was saying: ďThe religious question and quest is part of the intellectual structure of human being.Ē You have it in yourself. You need to answer this question. There will be no peace if you donít get an answer.

And not to answer is to answer because if you are avoiding the question like Pascal is saying you are diverting, distracting your mind from your death because the scope is that one day you are going to die. This is the reality and you have to face the why questions. So you can avoid it by having this kind of intellectual distraction, but at the end of the day this question will come back...

The Last Day

Itís a very important question for us today: The very meaning of freedom. So there is this topic where we donít agree or we agree superficially: To be free is to do whatever you want...

Even contemporary psychologists, the bestseller, Emotional Intelligence, it is saying:  ďMaster your emotions. If not, you are going to be trapped by emotions.Ē So this is where you come with discipline and this is something which is important for all of us. All the philosophers and spiritual thinkers are telling us ďYou will never experience freedom if you donít get a sense of what discipline is.Ē...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/ethics-and-values/456617-tariq-ramadan-quest-for-meaning.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 April 2012 at 1:06am
Radical Reform: Dialogue with Dr. Ramadan in Boston

Imam Suhaib Webb invited Dr. Tariq Ramadan to talk about his book (Radical Reform) in Boston 2 weeks ago

After the introductions, Dr. Ramadan's talk starts at minute 9:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlDJ8h5HQE&feature=relmfu

(110 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 30 April 2012 at 4:34pm
LAUNCH OF THE RESEARCH CENTER "CILE"

The research Center on Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) was inaugurated January, 15th in Doha, Qatar. Several speakers gave the mainlines of the project, and Professor Tariq Ramadan, as the Director of CILE, explained how he wants to enforce the ideas of his book Radical Reform as far as purposes and applied ethics in the following fields : methodology, economy, environment, bioethics, arts, gender issue, education, politics, medias, food, psychology, etc.

captions in English

(About 11 mins)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:29pm

Toward a Better Future for Western Muslims

Tariq Ramadan on the Future of Islamic Education

And we are in the West surrounded by people who are working on education, coming with new theories, trying their best to come with better theories, and we are sometimes neglecting all this in the name of the fact that we have the right principles! But to have the right principles and not the right methodologies is wrong, because there is no way of understanding the principles if we donít know how to implement them in a specific context.

So, this is why to be a good Muslim is to have two types of knowledge: The principles and the context, the environment, where and with whom you are living, what you are to achieve here in the name of the principles, and knowing the context within which you are living...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/islam-day-to-day/society/456885-tariq-ramadan-islamic-education.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:14pm
Toward a Better Future for Western Muslims

Tariq Ramadan on the 21st. Century Muslim

what we need is really to think about how we transmit the spiritual message of our religion.

How in our societies we spread this peace and confidence and trust because as the starting point of everything is confidence and confidence is what?

Confidence is not only not to be scared by the people. First, of course for a spiritual mind, for a spiritual message, confidence is to trust Him, al-Tawakkul ala Allah, to know that if you canít do it, He can do it.

And at the end of the day you have to do whatever you can, then what you canít He can. This is confidence, this is Tawakul. Itís something which is I can do it but more than that...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/islam-day-to-day/society/456924-tariq-ramadan-modern-muslim.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:20pm

Women in Islam

Tariq Ramadan on Islamic Feminism (Watch)

And this is why on my side Iím pushing something I call Islamic feminism understood as:

Go back to the Islamic sources, understand the Islamic principles, and act with these principles against any kind of discrimination done in the name of very narrow minded reading of the sources or the cultural understanding. So I think that all this perception that for example you donít have to be in the same room with men all this is exaggeration and very superficial understanding of the deep meaning of what it means to be a Muslim woman.

Not only is this happening in Europe or in the United States, itís also happening in Morocco, Indonesia and Islamic-majority countries with something which is a very assertive presence based on two things: I want to remain a Muslim woman but I want to decide for myself. So this is what we have to push for...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/understanding-islam/women-in-islam/457013-ariq-ramadan-islamic-feminism.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:29pm
A Conversation with Dr. Tariq Ramadan at Zaytuna College in California

The Zaytuna Guest Lecture Series presents lectures on a variety of contemporary topics delivered by guests to Zaytuna College.

Last month, (April 2012) their guest speaker was Dr. Tariq Ramadan who spoke about his book Radical Reform and about his new book released this year on the Arab Awakening, ending with an open dialogue with Zaytuna students and professors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuE-RqzA6zg

(88 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

a well wisher  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote a well wisher Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:06am

What does it mean to be faithful?

Adaab seeks to inspire people who will engage with Islamic sources and their communities in the light of our realities. This video is from a course on Towards Faithfulness.

(About 46 mins)
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version