Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: Revert Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Religion: Sikh(Sikh)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Topic: Revert
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:55am
Would like to know anyone's opinion on what Islam says about those who do not follow the religion. What does the religion ACTUALLY say about non-muslims? Is it true that all those who do not follow Islam will go to hell?

Thanks
Raj
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:31am

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. (2:62)

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin. (4:48)

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (39:53)

But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment. (4:18)

And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammad), as it was to those (Allah's Messengers) before you: "If you join others in worship with Allah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers."

Rather, worship [only] Allah and be among the grateful.

They made not a just estimate of Allah such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him! (39:65-67)

Edited by ishammad - 02 May 2012 at 9:35am
Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:48am
Thank you for your reply.

So how about if I follow a religion which teaches nothing but righteousness and doing good for others, sharing my earnings with the poor, fighting against opressors and fighting for the weak. A religion which knows only truth, seeks only truth and fights for truth. Does that mean I would suffer 'a painful punishment' as I do not follow Islam?
Raj
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Raj Kaur

Thank you for your reply.

So how about if I follow a religion which teaches nothing but righteousness and doing good for others, sharing my earnings with the poor, fighting against opressors and fighting for the weak. A religion which knows only truth, seeks only truth and fights for truth. Does that mean I would suffer 'a painful punishment' as I do not follow Islam?
One need to give God's right upon him and give the right of other fellow humans (and other creatures)

God right upon His servants is that they worship Him and associate no partners with Him.
and their right upon Him is that He does not punish those who do so.

People right is to deal with them justly.

The things you mentioned are good things and are part of what God ordered, and God promised a great reward for those who believe in Him associating no partners, and do good deeds.

Islam (submitting your will to God) is the religion of all the messengers. and in essence they all came with the same messeage.
people diverted time after time.

The last and final messenger sent is Mohammad, and whoever seeks a religion (way of life) other than Islam, it will not be accepted from Him and in the hereafter he will be among the losers. this is what God said in His last revelation to all mankind.

God knows best, if what I said is right, then it is from Allah, and if I made mistake then it is from myself.

Edited by ishammad - 02 May 2012 at 10:30am
Exalted is your Lord, the Lord of might, above what they describe. And peace upon the messengers. And praise to Allah, Lord of the worlds. 37:180-182
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:50am
If what I have said is 'good' in terms of a religion, then how can this religion not be accepted by Him (God)? Sikhism teaches that there is only One God, One God only, no worshiping of idols, or statues or figures or pictures, there is One God, the Inifinite One...the Holy Scriptures of Sikhism summarise the whole religion in the very first few lines...

Ek Oankaar - God is only One
Satnaam - His Name is Truth
Karta Purakh - The Creator
Nirbhao - Without Fear
Nirvair - Without Hate
Akaal Moorat - Being Beyond Time
Ajoonee - Unborn Beyong Incarnation
Saibhan - Self - existent
Gur Prasaad - By the Guru's grace He is obtained
Jap - Embrace His meditation

aad sach jugaad sach - True in the prime, True in the beginning of ages
hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach - True He is even now and True verily, shall be, O' Nanak.

Out of the above, what does Islam not agree with? Why should leave a religion which declares the above and whose Holy Scriptures are centred around the above and convert to Islam simply because Islam believes I will go to hell. Surely Islam is only based around One God and truthful meditation upon Him and leading a good life? Sikhism is a way of life which teaches this very principle, how can it be said then that I would go to hell?

These questions are open to anyone. Thank you.
Raj
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:09am
Only God knows who will go to Paradise and to hell. but God told us what to do and what not to do.

much of what you wrote above agrees with what Islam says.

Howeverm people are required to follow the last messsenger sent to them, earlier messeages were meant for certain people and for certain period of time.

Mohammad is the most recent messenger and the final one plus he was sent for all mankind and the revelation revealed to him is for all mankind.

I cant say for instance that I will follow whatever I know or remains from the teaching of an earlier prophet, or follow whom i see as wise man.

Edited by ishammad - 02 May 2012 at 11:11am
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:20am

I compltely agree with your statement that only God knows what will happen to us once we perish.

However, I feel that your response is very safe, you are neither here nor there. I have been approached countless times as to why I have not converted to Islam, so here I am on a very Islamic based site to find out more and require questions with clear and direct answers.

Why should I convert to Islam and why would I go to hell if I didn't?
Raj
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:35pm
Not a question of neither here nor there .
God made it clear through his revelations/guidance and messengers, what leads to His forgiveness and Paradise and what leads to His punishement.
But I cant point to one in particular, nor i know what will be done to me.

In the Judgment Day, whoever finds good, let him thank God, and whoever find otherwise, let him blame no one but himself.

Moreover, one may do the work of the companions of the hell fire, but before dying he may do the work  of the companions of Paradise, forgiven and admitted their. and vice versa.

But the most important is that what God said is true and His Promise is true, and He made truth distinct from error. so its not according to anyone's desires or wishful thinking.

As for why we all are required to follow Islam, i gave you the answer in the previous post. simple.... follow the guidance that came to you and enter Paradise by God's Grace and Mercy, otherwise, blame no one but yourself in the Day of Regret.

Edited by ishammad - 02 May 2012 at 12:45pm
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:21pm
The guidance that came me to was from Sikhism which also says to enter Sachkhand (paradise and uniting with the One) would be through God's grace and Mercy, so I assume Islam permits this.

I apologise if I have offended anyone. But for a very long time all I have been told from fellow Muslims is that I would need to convert to Islam in order to obtain salvation, yet I have not received a good enough reason as to why Sikhism can not get me to the abode of the One. Islam and Sikhism are two completely different religions and will never be the same
Raj
Aviatrix  
Admin Group
Admin Group
WhyIslam Forum Moderator
Forum Rating: 123
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Aviatrix Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:23pm
We don't decide what is 'good' and expect for God to accept our 'religion.' Rather, God tells us what is good and what He expects us to do, and we can accept that or refuse it. Islam is what God wants from us, and if we refuse Islam, then we're refusing God.
Perseveranze

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Perseveranze Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:34pm

The guidance that came me to was from Sikhism which also says to enter Sachkhand (paradise and uniting with the One) would be through God's grace and Mercy, so I assume Islam permits this.

I apologise if I have offended anyone. But for a very long time all I have been told from fellow Muslims is that I would need to convert to Islam in order to obtain salvation, yet I have not received a good enough reason as to why Sikhism can not get me to the abode of the One. Islam and Sikhism are two completely different religions and will never be the same

I would recommend reading this to understand Islam; http://searching-islam.com/islam/

Although we don't say who will and who won't go into Paradise, we have somewhat of an indication atleast, based on textual evidences on the likelihood of who goes to paradise and hell.

Firstly, it is indicated that people who hear of the message of Islam and then reject it (you may get many chances and you may reject it again and again), will go to hell.

If you havn't heard of Islam, if you're insane, if you have some kind of disability or anything that makes it impossible for you to understand the message of Islam or you are a child (basically people who cannot be accountable for their actions), then you are tested again in the afterlife.

If you are Muslim, you may go to hell for any bad deeds that you have done (that you have not repented from), and eventually, by the mercy of God, be allowed into heaven eventually.

Finally, there are different levels of hell. There's the very shallow end and then there's the very deep end. Obviously people who do really bad sins would go into the deep end, whereas those that do less sins, would be in the shallow end. This is in respects also to disbelievers who do bad in life and good in life.

Allah says in the Qur'an;

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. [Q 3:85]

It is extremely important to become a Muslim in order to gain salvation.

This fact is stressed when the Prophet(pbuh) did everything in his power to convince his uncle to revert to Islam. However, his uncle due to stubbornness was fixed on following the idol religion of his forefathers.

When his uncle passed away, the Prophet(pbuh) sad as he was attempted to pray for his uncle, hoping to intercede for him. That is when this verse was revealed in the Qur'an -

"It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allhs forgiveness for the Mushrikn (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allh) even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)." [Al-Qur'an 9:113]

And it was said to the Messenger of Allh [pbuh]:

"Verily! You (O Muhammad [pbuh]) guide not whom you like." [Al-Qur'an 28:56]
The news was hard to take, but it was a reality - Islam is not a religion based on desires, it's based on pure truth. His uncle, due to his kindness to the Prophet and the protection he gave him, would go into the shallow depths of hell - his salvation was always there but he completely rejected it due to his stubbornness.

This is why I would ask you to learn about Islam, ask questions and God willing, become a Muslim, a believer in God and his messengers.

You should also watch this, it's quiet emotional; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287388vONrs

Edited by Perseveranze - 02 May 2012 at 6:44pm
Fast Growing Islamic Search

www.Searching-Islam.com
Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:48am

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the Quran says that those who do not follow Islam are doomed to hell, however, perhaps I would need to speak to a Scholar to interpret those extracts that you have kindly cited since, I still have not received an answer to my question. If Sikhism is a religion of truth, why are we not supposed to follow this? Is Sikhism preaches only to worship Gods name day and night and with every breath, why is it that Islam prohibits this? If the Sikh principles are based around the first 5 Sikhs who were baptised; Daya meaning compassion and merciful,  Dharam meaning righteous living, Himmat meaning courageous spirit, Muhkam meaning strong leader and Sahib meaning Lordly, then why is that Islam is against this?  Consider when Sikhism was in its early stages, it rose to help Muslim and Hindu women and men who were being supressed by the Emperors of those times, the women who were being raped and tortured because they would not convert to Islam, the men who were being murdered and had all their belongings looted. Consider when the Khalsa army led by Guru Gobind Singh Ji rose against hundreds of thousands of mughals during those times to help these fellow Muslims and Hindus when no one else had the courage to. Then why is it that this very religion, is prohibited by Islam? How can this be?  

The Sikh Gurus taught the basic values of freedom, brotherhood, charity, obedience, understanding, sympathy, patience, humility, simplicity, and piety, and outlined the path to spirituality in life. The Gurus themselves said that they were human and were not to be worshipped as God. They considered themselves to be mere servants of God. Guru Gobind Singh said:

"See me only as the slave of God.

Let this be known beyond the shadow of doubt."

In my opinion, Sikhism teaches to only love One God, to thank Him day and night for everything we have, to feel no difference between happiness and sorrow (to remain neutral). It is a religion which teaches to continually praise Akal Purakh, Waheguru, God, Allah, Ram, whatever name we use for One God.

In terms of being a female I ask that fellow Muslims consider the following;

I do not understand how a religion can permiss a husband to beat his wife, Sikhism teaches equality, this was shown when Sikhism first began, when the Guru Jis gave the highest standing to women, to join them in the war against tyranny, to fight amongst the men against the oppressors. I do not understand how a religion can permiss a man to have many wives. What happens to equality then? What exactly does this teach our children? I do not understand how in some Muslim countries girls are not allowed to be educated, why would I not want my daughter to be educated just as much as my son? Is it so wrong of me to want more for my daughter than to be a housewife? I guess if I teach her the right path to the best of my ability, then maybe I would not be afraid of her veering off?

"We are born of woman, we are conceived in the womb of woman, we are engaged and married to woman. We make friendship with woman and the lineage continued because of woman. Why should we talk ill of her, who gives birth to kings? The woman is born from woman; there is none without her. Only the One True Lord is without woman" (Guru Nanak, Var Asa, pg. 473)

Marriage is an equal partnership of love and sharing between husband and wife.

"They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together. Rather they alone are called husband and wife, who have one soul in two bodies." (Guru Amar Das, Pauri, pg. 788)

Women have an equal right to participate in the congregation.

"Come my sisters and dear comrades! Clasp me in thine embrace. Meeting together, let us tell the tales of our Omnipotent Spouse (God). In the True Lord are all merits, in us all demerits." (Guru Nanak, Sri Rag, pg. 17)

God is the husband and we are all his brides.

"The spouse is but One and all others are His brides. The false bride assumes many religious garbs. When the Lord stops her going into another's home, then is she summoned into her Lord's mansion without any let and hindrance. She is adorned with the Name and is dear to her True Lord. She alone is the true bride and the Lord lends her His support." (Guru Nanak, Ramkali, pg. 933)

God is our Mother as well as our Father.

"Thou O Lord, art my Father and Thou my Mother. Thou art the Giver of peace to my soul and very life." (Guru Arjan, Bhairo, pg. 1144)

Faithfulness to ones spouse is stressed.

"The blind-man abandons the wife of his home, and has an affair with another's woman. He is like the parrot, who is pleased to see the simbal tree, but at last dies clinging to it." (Bhagat Nam Dev, Bhairo, pg. 1165)

The rape and brutalities committed against women by the Mughal invader Babar condemned.

"Modesty and righteousness both have vanished and falsehood moves about as the leader, O Lalo. The function of the Qazis and the Brahmins is over and the Satan now reads the marriage rites (rape). The Muslim women read the Quran and in suffering call upon God, O Lalo. The Hindu women of high cast and others of low caste, may also be put in the same account, O Lalo." (Guru Nanak, Tilang, pg. 722)

The practice of women burning themselves on their husband's funeral pyre (sati) condemned.

"They cannot be called satis, who burn themselves with their dead husbands. They can only be called satis, if they bear the shock of separation. They may also be known as satis, who live with character and contentment and always show veneration to their husbands by remembering them." (Guru Amar Das, Var Suhi, pg. 787)

The ritual of dowry so prevalent in Indian society condemned.

"Any other dowry, which the perverse place for show, that is false pride and worthless gilding. O' my Father! give me the Name of Lord God as a gift and dowry." (Guru Ram Das, Sri Rag, pg. 79)

Sikhism does not believe that any Holy Book takes precedence over all others or any religions prophet is the final messenger of God.

"Say not that the Vedas and Muslim books are false. False is he, who reflects not on them." (Bhagat Kabir, Parbhati, pg. 1350)

"The followers of the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran, standing at Your Door, meditate on You. Uncounted are those who fall at Your Door." (Guru Arjan, pg. 518)

Purpose of the Holy Book

"Upon this Plate, three things have been placed: Truth, Contentment and Contemplation. The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of our Lord and Master, has been placed upon it as well; it is the Support of all. One who eats it and enjoys it shall be saved. This thing can never be forsaken; keep this always and forever in your mind. The dark world-ocean is crossed over, by grasping the Feet of the Lord; O Nanak, it is all the extension of God." (Guru Arjan, Mundavanee, pg. 1429)

"There is a garden, in which so many plants have grown. They bear the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam as their fruit. Consider this, O wise one, by which you may attain the state of Nirvaanaa. All around this garden are pools of poison, but within it is the Ambrosial Nectar, O Siblings of Destiny. There is only one gardener who tends it. He takes care of every leaf and branch. He brings all sorts of plants and plants them there. They all bear fruit - none is without fruit." (Guru Arjan, Asa, pg. 385)

"The temple or the mosque are the same, the Hindu worship or the Musalman prayer are the same; all men are the same; it is through error they appear different. Deities, demons, Yakshas, heavenly singers, Musalmans and Hindus adopt the customary dress of their different countries. All men have the same eyes, the same ears, the same body, the same build, a compound of earth, air, fire, and water. Allah and Abhekh are the same, the Purans and the Quran are the same; they are all alike; it is the one God who created all. The Hindu God and the Muhammadan God are the same; let no man even by mistake suppose there is a difference." (Guru Gobind Singh, Akal Ustat, pg. 275)

I have written this post not to offend anyone or to create any hatred, but to educate those who say that following Islam is the way to enlightenment. Sikhism? Here we have a religion which has given me equal rights to that of a man, which teaches nothing for Love for One God and to contemplate, every second of my life, on Him and nothing else, not my husband, not my family and not my friends, because the day which the Angel of Death comes, I will be judged on my deeds alone and my destiny will be based on this. I have written this post because I have been asked to convert or asked why I do not follow Islam. My reasons have been given above. Sure, it is safe to reply to this post and say everyone has their own destiny and choice as if implying I will be going to hell because I have rejected Islam. I have rejected this religion but I have not rejected God. I pray to the One God that I may always stay remain in His contemplation and Love. I pray that I never forsake him. I pray and always have in my thoughts to unite with the One once I have left this world. I pray that I never cause hurt to anyone. I pray that I share my earnings with the needy, no matter what their background or religion. I pray that I have enough courage to fight against tyranny and oppressors. If this makes me a bad person than I will not apologise or be afraid.

I am not a baptised Sikh, I do not have much knowledge, in fact I know nothing. Everything that I have stated in this post is my opinion and in no way depicts the whole Sikh community. If I have made any mistakes then I ask with all humility that you forgive me. My choice is Sikhism and I ask Muslims and Islam to respect this and not to imbed the thought in me and my fellow Sikh sisters that without Islam, there is no other way. This is not true and this is simply your opinion and your interpretation of your religion.

Let us all pray to One God to obtain salvation.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru. May we all be blessed with the love of God.

Edited by Raj Kaur - 03 May 2012 at 5:49am
Raj
ishammad  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:34am

Thank you for your reply. I understand that the Quran says that those who do not follow Islam are doomed to hell, however, perhaps I would need to speak to a Scholar to interpret those extracts that you have kindly cited since, I still have not received an answer to my question. If Sikhism is a religion of truth, why are we not supposed to follow this? Is Sikhism preaches only to worship Gods name day and night and with every breath, why is it that Islam prohibits this? If the Sikh principles are based around the first 5 Sikhs who were baptised; Daya meaning compassion and merciful,  Dharam meaning righteous living, Himmat meaning courageous spirit, Muhkam meaning strong leader and Sahib meaning Lordly, then why is that Islam is against this?

Thank you too for your decent manners you show here.

My friend, if a meesenger came even to your father or grandfather, then a second messenger come to your generation and he says thay he is sent to you, then you are supposed to follow the guidance he came with.

One cant choose to follow what he found his fathers on, wth due respect.

God does not send messengers for the sake of it, He send them for good reasons, whether to correct people who diverted from the message of earlier messengers and other good reasons. he does not punish before sending messengers.

The similarities are good thing as they bring one nearer to the correct and true understanding and belief.

But even in regard to the attributes of God and His Divine qualities, if you we study further we may see the differences.

Moreover, this is a complete way of life, what is lawful and what is not. not only about having something in common about God's attributes. as many religions usually do. some are nearer as I can see from some of what you wrote and i read.

One cant believe in some messengers and reject others, or believe in part of the scripture and not the other.

Mohammad said he is sent to you as well, you may choose to believe or refuse this. but you owe yourself to read the Qur'an first

1.7 billion people believe its the last and final revelation from God, and was preserved and remained intact. and meant for all mankind not specific people.

seek guidance and you shall be guided God willing. read with an open mind,

God is talking to the reader directly in the Qur'an.

Raj Kaur  
Freshman
Freshman

Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Raj Kaur Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:36am
STATEMENT: My friend, if a meesenger came even to your father or grandfather, then a second messenger come to your generation and he says thay he is sent to you, then you are supposed to follow the guidance he came with.

MY RESPONSE: Are you implying that Sikhism is prohibited by Islam then, since, it is one of the earliest religions?

Statement:One cant choose to follow what he found his fathers on, wth due respect.

My Response: What do you mean?

Statement: God does not send messengers for the sake of it, He send them for good reasons, whether to correct people who diverted from the message of earlier messengers and other good reasons. he does not punish before sending messengers.

My Response: So do you mean that Sikhism was sent to us to correct people who had diverted from the message of Islam?

Statement:The similarities are good thing as they bring one nearer to the correct and true understanding and belief.

But even in regard to the attributes of God and His Divine qualities, if you we study further we may see the differences.

My Resposne: Please do not take my earlier message to mean that Sikhism and Islam are in any way identical, they are not. I simply did not list the differences because it may bring offence to readers. One of the main differences is that Sikhism gives the most utmost respect to women, I am afraid that Islam does not share this view.

Statement:
One cant believe in some messengers and reject others, or believe in part of the scripture and not the other.

My response: I completely agree, within the particluar religion in question

Statement:
Mohammad said he is sent to you as well, you may choose to believe or refuse this. but you owe yourself to read the Qur'an first

My response: I believe the ten Guru's were sent to me, not Mohammad. I am currently studying the Quran actually but disagree with many aspects of it, one of them being that those who feel and believe a different path or religion is better for them...they are condemned to hell by Islam, bit harsh don't you think? Especially if they choose to follow a path that teaches nothing but worshipping God and being a good person?

Statement: 1.7 billion people believe its the last and final revelation from God, and was preserved and remained intact. and meant for all mankind not specific people.

My response: The whole world can be in the grip of falsehood does not mean you will follow it. Strength is not in numbers, it is in TRUTH. I think that is where a lot of Muslims who try to convert others are going wrong. Why not try to follow Islam from the bottom of your hearts before trying to convert someone? By attempting to convert someone it is almost like saying you are perfect yourself? This is a big statement to make as who is more perfect than our Saints and messengers. No one, is the answer. How can you attempt to convert someone when you have not mastered your own religion and you have not become a true devotee of the One

Statement: seek guidance and you shall be guided God willing. read with an open mind,

My response: I do seek guidance thankyou, from Sikhism, it gives me a lot of peace and helps to be a better person.

Statement:God is talking to the reader directly in the Qur'an.

My response: I think it is safe to say that this is true of all religions especially of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

My Conclusion:

My aim? Not to offend, but to get those very people who have attempted to convert others to justify to me, a non-believer, why I am condemned to hell and punishment if I choose to reject a religion which sees me as inferior to a man and not worthy of the same status and to beat me if I have done something wrong? How can Islam be a religion of peace? (Quran 4.11). A religion which states that garments of fire will be made for me because I do not agree with it and boiling fluid will be poured on my head (Quran 22.19) (the description of what will happen to non-believers is shocking and full of violence). Where is the compassion in this religion for those who have sinned and are begging for mercy and repent their sins? Consider  

March 624: Uqba bin Abu Muayt

Uqba mocked Muhammad in Mecca and wrote derogatory verses about him. He was captured during the Battle of Badr, and Muhammad ordered him to be executed. "But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?" Uqba cried with anguish. "Hell," retorted the prophet coldly. Then the sword of one of his followers cut through Uqbas neck.

Does that mean if our dear children wrong, we should treat them with the same sort of punishment. Other messengers in other religions taught right from wrong through wisdom, not through such vicious violence. Children learn by example, they are not afraid of consequences, if we are depicting this sort of violence, how would the world be in 100 years time? Consider the following;

After the Battle of the Trench in March 627 (named after a trench that the Muslims dug around parts of Medina) against a large coalition of Meccans and their allies, Muhammad imposed the ultimate penalty on the men in the Jewish clan, Qurayzah, his third and final Jewish rivals (he banished the Qaynuqa tribe in April 624 and the Nadir tribe in August 625). The Qurayzah tribe was supposed to remain neutral in the Battle, but they seem to have intrigued with the Meccans and to have been on the verge of attacking Muhammad from the rear. They were judged guilty by one of their Medinan Muslim allies, though Muhammad could have shown mercy, exiled them (as indeed they requested), or executed only a few.

The sentence: Death by decapitation for around 600 men (some Islamic sources say 900), and enslavement for the women and children (he took a beautiful Jewess as his own prize). Muhammad was wise enough to have six clans execute two Jews each in order to stop any blood-feuds. The rest of the executions were probably carried out by his fellow Emigrants from Mecca and lasted the whole night.

What am I supposed to defer from reading a story like this? I do not believe in a religion which permits killing Christians, Jews or any other sect of society. I believe in unity and peace and love for all, forgiveness and compassion and righteousness and above all , Truth and contemplation on the One. I thankyou for your comments and the time you have taken out to reply. I am quite suprised that only a few people have replied to this post, since there is such a conversion culture where I live but those that try to convert...do not actually know their own religion. A bit of advice? Learn it before you spread it, no one can be that perfect to say that they know their religion inside out and are that perfect as a human being in order to demand and ask someone to convert, unless of course you are a Saint or the messenger yourself.

I will now end this post, I did not receive an answer as to why other religions are not true, simply because no one does not know, no one present has studied enough to know the reason as to why their very religion that they live for, condemns others.

God willing we will all find Truth, no matter what path you are on. I have the utmost respect for everyone who I live amongst and everyone I share the air, water and land with....I think that is the best way to live life as opposed to inciting hatred and forcing conversion.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
(The Khalsa belong to God, Victory belongs to God)
Raj
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version