Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam  
Message Icon Topic: Improving the Quality of Our Prayer Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2017 at 5:05pm
Q&A: Maintain Focus: Can I Keep My Eyes Closed During Prayer?

Islam gives much attention to a Muslim’s relation with His Creator.

For this purpose, Allah ordained five daily prayers to help Muslims remain connected with Him throughout the day.

Prayer is the real connection between us and Allah. Prayer is the main factor in forgiving our sins...

As for closing your eyes during prayer, scholars view that it is disliked to close the eyes during prayer EXCEPT if is done to maintain focus and avoid distraction.

Imam al-`Izz ibn `Abd al-Salam said that it is permissible to close the eyes when necessary, if that helps the worshipper to focus more fully on his prayer.

Ibn al-Qayyim said in his Zad al-Ma`ad (1:283) (Provisions for the Hereafter) that if a man can focus more fully on his prayer by opening his eyes, then it is better to do so....

http://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/focus-eyes-closed-prayer/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 August 2017 at 4:17am
Praying Is Another World

A brief video by Sheikh Hamza on praying and feeling to be in God's presence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUI7jbaFKuk

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2017 at 5:14am
4 Tips To Improve Our Prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD1psGcH-wo

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 September 2017 at 2:35am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2017 at 1:31am
4 Tips to Increase Your Love for Prayer

How can one increase their love for prayer?

Unfortunately, a lot of us take prayer as a weight on our shoulders. Therefore, we always want to get it out of way or we are always delaying it.

So, how can one build that love to Salah?

http://www.aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/tips-and-steps/4-tips-increase-love-for-prayer/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 26 November 2017 at 4:25am
This Hadith Will Help You Maintain Focus in Prayer

How do I focus in Prayer?

We all want to be focused in our Salah. Are there any specific things I can be doing to help myself concentrate more while I pray?

Does one strategy work for everyone?

Watch this short video for the answer

http://aboutislam.net/shariah/refine-your-heart/advice/hadith-will-help-maintain-focus-prayer/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2017 at 10:13am
12 Amazing Tips to Love Your Prayer Like Never Before!

Below are productivity tips based on a summary of the beautiful How to taste the true beauty of salah series by Mishari Al Kharraz:

1. Say Allahu akbar and throw the world behind you

Did you ever think: why do we start our prayer with Allahu Akbar not with subhan Allah? Realize that when you say Allahu Akbar you affirm that the one before whom you are about to stand is greater than anything occupying you at that moment— greater than your sleep, your families, your bills, and your worries. Just imagine that when you say Allahu akbar while raising your hands you are throwing all of that behind you!

2. Visualize the veil

When you stand to pray, Allah commands: Raise the veils from between Me and my servant! As soon as you say Allahu Akbar and start your prayer, Allah sets His beautiful face to yours and doesn’t turn away from you, unless you do...

3. Salute the King...

4. Feel Each Ayah of Surah Al-Fatihah is Answered...

5. Utter His Name with Pure Love...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/12-amazing-tips-to-love-your-prayer-like-never-before/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 December 2017 at 6:53am
How to Find Peace through Prayer? 3 Powerful Triggers

... To bring about the desired state of peace and tranquility through prayer other emotions must exist first.

The prayer is embedded with triggers that enable these other emotions to come about which in return causes the worshiper to enter into a state of peace.

Three important triggers in the prayer will do the job. These three triggers are not just fundamental for salah, but for any act of worship. It may sound complicated, but it really isn’t.

Love

Experiencing love brings about the feeling of happiness. Happiness, in turn, makes one feel secure and peaceful.

The trigger for love exists very early on in prayer.

When the worshiper says in prayer, Al-Hamdu lilahi rabil’Alamin” (All perfection and praises are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds), this trigger activates the feeling of love.

Allah who is perfect in His sayings, actions, and judgments never wrongs a soul. There’s no fear on the part of the worshiper of harm or loss that could come from Allah. Add to that the countless bounties of Allah upon humans, here are some macro ones...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/finding-peace/inner-peace/find-peace-prayer-3-powerful-triggers/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2018 at 12:50pm
How to Find Peace in Prayer

You may have heard that prayer (salah) brings about peace and tranquility in a person.

The notion actually comes from the Quran:

Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts find rest (Quran 13:28). How can we experience it?

There are three triggers: Love of Allah, Hope in His Mercy and Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is7QfxcN_Fg

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2018 at 4:36am
The Wisdom Behind the Postures and Phrases of Prayer

Prayer establishes and reinforces our connection to God; from it we gather numerous blessings and benefits.

Any study of Islamic prayer will explain that there are two forms of prayer.

One is ritualistic with formal requirements and manners; certain postures and phrases. This is what Muslims refer to as prayer and our discussion about benefits of the postures, movements and positions began in part 1.

The other form is supplication and in its more general sense it represents an open-ended conversation with God. He listens to our entreaties and requests through dua (supplication) at any time, in any language.  In ritual prayer the postures we make and the words we say are for a specific purpose. They are a means to a specific end...

http://aboutislam.net/spirituality/whats-the-wisdom-behind-the-postures-and-phrases-of-prayer/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2018 at 4:44am
Developing Khushu’ is Learning a Life Skill

Anytime that mean-girl chatter in your mind tells you that you will never be able to be consistent in prayer so why try, tell her to get lost because if Allah (SWT) has made it obligatory that means you are capable.

When you are standing in prayer and the thoughts of the day creep in even if they aren’t negative, it’s the same voice trying to distract you from the life-affirming action you are doing. Replace it. Think of what you are saying instead. Think of standing before God. Think of your connection with Him.

I still struggle with this internal distraction during prayer and beyond. But with practice, it has become easier. I have allowed myself to grow in confidence and khushu’. But I also know it is a lifelong struggle...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2018 at 5:51am
One Thing Helps You Focus in Prayer

Don’t just be satisfied with just making your prayer valid, you know…

But try, when you make your prayer, to feel something for Allah Almighty.

Try not to be thinking about other things...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2018 at 5:24am
Prayer and Positive Psychology – 7 Keys to Happiness

In her book, she lists, with proof, some of the most effective happiness boosters. It’s mind-boggling that you’ll find that 100% of these joy-enhancing activities are actually sunnahs (such as “learning to forgive” and “practicing acts of kindness”) and thus acts of worship.

Muslim scholars and psychologists have a great opportunity in this field, to merge Sunnah and psychological research and transport the lives of many dejected human beings.

For the time being, let’s have a look at just one commonly performed (and most important) act of worship – the daily prayer— and see how many happiness boosters are packed in it.

1- Expressing Gratitude

“It may sound corny,” says Sonja, “but the research clearly demonstrates that you would be happier if you cultivated an ‘attitude of gratitude.’”

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Win-Win  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Win-Win Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2019 at 3:15pm
12 AMAZING Tips To Love The Prayer Like Never Before!

This is the ultimate prayer booster!

Here are a set of amazing tips to enhance the prayer and to love it like never before!

(3 minutes)

<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version