Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: I and my Father are one-Ahmed Deedat Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Topic: I and my Father are one-Ahmed Deedat
    Posted: 13 December 2012 at 12:55pm
Ahmed Deedat on the text "I and my father are one". Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7EfiBFWE
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Burninglight  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Burninglight Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2012 at 9:56pm
[QUOTE=waheed1]Ahmed Deedat on the text "I and my father are one". Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7EfiBFWE[/QUOTE] Deedat says "Show me where Jesus said I am God worship me" Show me where he says He is not the Son of God, and don't worship me. Jesus said and meant, he was one in essence with God, because when the Jews understood his claim to be equal with God, Jesus didn't correct them by clarifying. A prophet would not leave an error uncorrected as such. Besides, you can't take one verse to get the true context. Jesus told Philip after he said show us the father (God) "You still don't know me; He that has seen me has seen the father..."
Jesus is the son of God and those that except that and follow Christ have eternal life.  Those that don't don't have life but God's wrath only. If Jesus didn't mean what he said about being one, why didn't He say what He meant? The truth is Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said and the satan is a liar

Edited by Burninglight - 13 December 2012 at 10:01pm
"Christ is not valued at all unless He is valued above all."
Augustine
ishammad7  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad7 Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 12:55am
Jesus corrected the man who called him "good master! what shall i do to enter the kingdom of heaven?"

and Jesus answered "why do you call me good?!", right?

at least now i know from you, why Jesus objected

Edited by ishammad7 - 14 December 2012 at 1:04am
ishammad7  
Sophmore Member
Sophmore Member
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote ishammad7 Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 1:35am
deleted, double post

Edited by ishammad7 - 14 December 2012 at 1:37am
Burninglight  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Burninglight Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 2:24am
Originally posted by ishammad7

Jesus corrected the man who called him "good master! what shall i do to enter the kingdom of heaven?"

and Jesus answered "why do you call me good?!", right?

at least now i know from you, why Jesus objected

You missed the context and the connotation of Jesus speaking rhetorically. Jesus wasn't saying He wasn't good. He wanted the person to understand he was calling Jesus God. If he said, "But you are good, you are the son of the living God." Jesus would have said. "My father in heaven showed you that; you are blessed." You don't know Jesus!
"Christ is not valued at all unless He is valued above all."
Augustine
CINDY  
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by waheed1

Ahmed Deedat on the text "I and my father are one". Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7EfiBFWE

I watched this video twice, it seems there is a selah on purpose, but I know there is not when it was spoken or written

Not pleased with the presentation of this work
cunning!!!!!
disappointed to say the least, do not create a fire among brothers and sisters of all faith like this
play the whole thing or not at all
I AM PRAYING
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:31am
The whole video can be found online. It was Just the speaker's response to the question about the Biblical text "I I and my father are one " that I wanted to share.
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:54am

The whole video can be found online. It was Just the speaker's response to the question about the Biblical text "I I and my father are one " that I wanted to share.
Waheed1, I would like to give an example here if I may please, I have come to have a greater understanding of the Quran of which other than Alcordoby and well wisher.. I have found to be of great disappointment mostly though I do not speak of all. I started a topic thread on the word vouchsafe which is readily used in the Quran and yet no one has responded to me on that and if you check my history here, many times this has been done of lack, when I wished for engaged discussion of things in the Quran, may I say that dispute goes no where usually but to war but when a person is asking and wanting a deeper understanding of the words, you would be wrong to not come together to reason and discuss these things, perhaps you and others of the muslim faith can consider these, this is not unreasonable to ask... you see after a while a person will walk away, tire of continueing wanting to learn and no one responded with the same words that they believe to a greater understanding.  In this same regard I have been also very appreciative to Corinna on the jewish faith and her kindness as well, also in late pass I recall a very kind Hindu man who answered me many times so kind about questions regarding hindu faith.
Thank you for your patience, this is all I have to say
I AM PRAYING
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 9:37am
Most of the time when you post threads asking questions, I honestly don't understand them.

Also, the Qur'an does not go into the same sorts of details about events as the Bible does. It's a different style. Qur'an focuses on lessons and not narrative! Many characters mentioned in the Bible are not mentioned in the Qur'an, and vice versa!

I hope that explains the issue.
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 9:44am
As for The Deedat video, the issue is not of confrontation! Deedat himself speaks highly of Christian sincerity, much to the chagrin of Muslim isolationists!

We can talk about our beliefs, even differences, without losing respect or giving up humanity towards one another.    
This particular thread was introduced because some people quote I and my father are one all the time, trying to prove Jesus divinity! Deedat explores context, and d
shows there is actually a different meaning being given.

Yet, if a listener isn't convinced, okay! No problem. At least the listener can understand why the speaker asserts what he asserts.
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 10:42am

Most of the time when you post threads asking questions, I honestly don't understand them.

Also, the Qur'an does not go into the same sorts of details about events as the Bible does. It's a different style. Qur'an focuses on lessons and not narrative! Many characters mentioned in the Bible are not mentioned in the Qur'an, and vice versa!

I hope that explains the issue.
ok, I can understand that you are saying you do not understand my questions. each word in the Quran has significant meaning, none is without meaning or a story about it, I for instance put the word "VOUCHSAFE" as a topic because it is readily used in the Quran, certainly you are aware of this.  What does the word mean,who ..what..why..where..when..... tell me what you know about "vouchsafe"
I AM PRAYING
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 10:44am

As for The Deedat video, the issue is not of confrontation! Deedat himself speaks highly of Christian sincerity, much to the chagrin of Muslim isolationists!

We can talk about our beliefs, even differences, without losing respect or giving up humanity towards one another.    
This particular thread was introduced because some people quote I and my father are one all the time, trying to prove Jesus divinity! Deedat explores context, and d
shows there is actually a different meaning being given.

Yet, if a listener isn't convinced, okay! No problem. At least the listener can understand why the speaker asserts what he asserts.
I have said what I have said and I again have nothing more to say on this matter.. again my precious post
I AM PRAYING
The_Rock
Mureed
Mureed

Religion: Christian(Catholic)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote The_Rock Replybullet Posted: 14 December 2012 at 7:55pm
I finally listened to the video.

deedats entire argument is that the Jews were intent on Looking for trouble.

But there is absolutely nothing in the text that leads one to that idea.

Since deedats entire argument is based on this false pretext his explanation is invalid.
Magister
Mureed
Mureed
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Magister Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2012 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Burninglight

[QUOTE=waheed1]Ahmed Deedat on the text "I and my father are one". Video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7EfiBFWE[/QUOTE] Deedat says "Show me where Jesus said I am God worship me" Show me where he says He is not the Son of God, and don't worship me. Jesus said and meant, he was one in essence with God, because when the Jews understood his claim to be equal with God, Jesus didn't correct them by clarifying. A prophet would not leave an error uncorrected as such. Besides, you can't take one verse to get the true context. Jesus told Philip after he said show us the father (God) "You still don't know me; He that has seen me has seen the father..."
Jesus is the son of God and those that except that and follow Christ have eternal life.  Those that don't don't have life but God's wrath only. If Jesus didn't mean what he said about being one, why didn't He say what He meant? The truth is Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said and the satan is a liar

Show me one spot where Adam said don't worship me lol.
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version