Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
InterReligious Dialogue
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : InterReligious Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: I and my Father are one-Ahmed Deedat Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:20pm
@Cindy!

Please. Share where in the Qur'an is the word vouchsafe.even one example, so I can tell you about the original Arabic word.
No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
CINDY  
Religion: Other(Other)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by waheed1

@Cindy!

Please. Share where in the Qur'an is the word vouchsafe.even one example, so I can tell you about the original Arabic word.

thank you for responded by to my question, I read the quran on islami.com and alot when I am reading it has the word "vouchsafe" , please search this out for me.  I talks about moses I believe, david, Jesus in regard to these things, anyway you can just put the word in the word search area and it will bring all the scriptures on this word, I would really appreciate it. thank you
I AM PRAYING
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2012 at 2:01pm
I generally respond on whyislam on mobile phone, it's a bit hard to do searches. Besides, to answer the question I need to know the Arabic word. Look up a verse, tell me where it is in Quran and I can answer. Make sense?
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 15 December 2012 at 2:50pm

I generally respond on whyislam on mobile phone, it's a bit hard to do searches. Besides, to answer the question I need to know the Arabic word. Look up a verse, tell me where it is in Quran and I can answer. Make sense?
yes, I typed it in and the first time it is there is 2:53 And (remember the time) when we vouchsafed unto Moses the divine writ and thus a standard by which to discern the true from the false so that you might be guided right.  

This is the first and it continues through the Quran.
I AM PRAYING
Burninglight  
Graduate
Graduate
Religion: Christian(Non-Denom.)
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Burninglight Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Magister

Originally posted by Burninglight

[QUOTE=waheed1]Ahmed Deedat on the text "I and my father are one". Video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7EfiBFWE[/QUOTE] Deedat says "Show me where Jesus said I am God worship me" Show me where he says He is not the Son of God, and don't worship me. Jesus said and meant, he was one in essence with God, because when the Jews understood his claim to be equal with God, Jesus didn't correct them by clarifying. A prophet would not leave an error uncorrected as such. Besides, you can't take one verse to get the true context. Jesus told Philip after he said show us the father (God) "You still don't know me; He that has seen me has seen the father..."
Jesus is the son of God and those that except that and follow Christ have eternal life.  Those that don't don't have life but God's wrath only. If Jesus didn't mean what he said about being one, why didn't He say what He meant? The truth is Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said and the satan is a liar
Show me one spot where Adam said don't worship me lol.
No one tried to worship him; besides the subject was about Jesus not Adam. If someone tried to worship Adam he would have said don't worship me like the disciples and anglels said to people who attempted to worship them, but Jesus never stop anyone from worshipping Him. So, what is so funny?

Edited by Burninglight - 16 December 2012 at 1:51am
"Christ is not valued at all unless He is valued above all."
Augustine
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2012 at 5:13pm
@Cindy,

The word your asking about is, in modern english. Meaning that God gave or delivered! The original Arabic is "atayna " (we gave ).
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2012 at 8:06pm

@Cindy,

The word your asking about is, in modern english. Meaning that God gave or delivered! The original Arabic is "atayna " (we gave ).

thank you Waheed1, I was thinking it has a stronger fullness to that as in not just we gave but also keeping safe and secure, is there any more regard in this manner when it is being said?
I AM PRAYING
waheed1  
Admin Group
Admin Group

Whyislam Shura
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote waheed1 Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2012 at 9:06pm
The translation you read on internet probably used old, classical poetic English. That's why I didn't get it at first.

But the original Arabic can be translated as I explained before.
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2012 at 7:45am
they Followed Jesus Christ
They followed the Word of God
because they heard the Word of God
which is the a part of the proof of their faith,
the other part is to DO LIKEWISE
Example.. LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF,
Author
they worshipped God because they heard what he told them and at least some did and continued
I AM PRAYING
Burninglight  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Burninglight Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2012 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by CINDY

Author
they worshipped God because they heard what he told them and at least some did and continued
Cindy,
What does love you neighbor look like?

Edited by Burninglight - 17 December 2012 at 8:18pm
Augustine
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:14pm

Author
Cindy,

according to Christ, any other man irrespective of nation,race, or religion which whom we live or whom we chance to meet,

Luke 10:21-42  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
And he turned him unto the disciples, and said privately "Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see.
For I tell you, that many prophets and Kings have desired to see those things which you see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and not heard them.
And behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal Life?
He said unto him, What is written in the Law? How readest thou?
And he answering said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?
And Jesus answering said, a certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
And by chance there came down a certain priest that way; and when he saw him, he passed on the other side.
And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him,
And on the morrow, when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him: and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among thieves?
And he said, He that shewed mercy on him.  Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do likewise.

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman, named Martha, received him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus feet, and heard his word.
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? Bid her therefore that she help me.
And Jesus answered, and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful, and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful; and Mary hath chosen that good part, which sall not be taken away from her.
I AM PRAYING
Burninglight  
Graduate
Graduate
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Burninglight Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2012 at 9:43pm

Author
Cindy,

according to Christ, any other man irrespective of nation,race, or religion which whom we live or whom we chance to meet,

Luke 10:21-42  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
And he turned him unto the disciples, and said privately "Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see.
For I tell you, that many prophets and Kings have desired to see those things which you see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and not heard them.
And behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal Life?
And he answering said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
And Jesus answering said, a certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
And by chance there came down a certain priest that way; and when he saw him, he passed on the other side.
And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him,
And on the morrow, when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him: and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among thieves?
And he said, He that shewed mercy on him.  Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do likewise.

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman, named Martha, received him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus feet, and heard his word.
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? Bid her therefore that she help me.
And Jesus answered, and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful, and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful; and Mary hath chosen that good part, which sall not be taken away from her.
I agree with those verses, but in you own words, what does it look like?
Augustine
CINDY  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote CINDY Replybullet Posted: 17 December 2012 at 10:11pm

Author
Cindy,

I agree with those verses, but in you own words, what does it look like?
I will first ask you, how do you read (understand what He said
I AM PRAYING
iec786  
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:21am
where does Jesus say i am God or where does Jesus say worship me.One un-equivocal statement from any version of the Bible.Just one,anyone????
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version