Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to Live a Happy Marriage in Islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:37am
10 Tips for a Thriving Marriage

3. Commitment

Sometimes we believe that marriage should come equipped with autopilot. And that everything should automatically function and take us along the scenic path we all anticipate.

But marriage requires commitment, in the form of your time, your focus, and both your mental and emotional priorities.

The reality of it is that marriage takes time and requires work, and the fruit of it will only be as sweet as the time we take to harvest and nurture it.

Tip: Take 10 minutes of every Sunday to plan out your week. No, I don’t mean your work and errands schedule. Instead, to work on a plan on how you’ll dedicate a portion of each day to your spouse, and what you will do for them, towards them, and with them.

4. Lower Your Expectations

When we expect so much from others in life, they are bound to fall short of such.

Many of us are taught and lead to believe that getting married will solve everything in life, that it will fill every void present in our hearts, and that it will suffice for everything we need in life.

Many studies have shown that such high expectations increase the likelihood of an unfulfilled marriage. Instead lower your expectations and increase your happiness.

Tip: Start your marriage with a small cup, as it’ll be a lot easier to fill...

http://duniashuaib.com/10-tips-for-a-thriving-marriage/

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2017 at 5:42pm
Improving Marriage through Communication - Ustadha Suzy Ismail

An evening in Boston with Suzy Ismail on this important topic, introduced by the Imam, Sheikh Yasir Fahmy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GW1LQfpkdo

(74 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2017 at 9:24am
4 Tips for Stronger Family Ties

For busy families that are often apart for long hours of the day, making an extra effort to spend quality time together is important.

Ideally, this should be done daily, especially if children are still young and live with and depend on their parents for recognition, praise and a sense of belonging.

Enjoying dinner together is a simple way to spend quality family time, bearing in mind that parents should get rid of their stress and worries and other negative emotions before the dining session while communicating to their children. This also shows that they appreciate the presence of their children after a hectic day at work.

Sharing positive stories is a good way to strengthen family relations. If a member of the family is facing a problem, whether at school or at work, then it can also be shared.

A golden rule is that everyone positively pitches in with constructive solutions to help resolve the challenge. This makes family time a “safe” time, providing a secure venue for family members to voice their concerns, knowing that they are within a circle of support...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/tips-stronger-family-ties/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 October 2017 at 5:28am
How to Treat Our Wives - Hadiths

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was the best husband. MaShaa'Allah!

Here are a few things he said about marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svXUmamE-rs

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2017 at 4:22am
7 Things Every Muslim Girl Needs To Know Before Getting Married

Marriage changes your whole life.

There are things what every Muslim girl needs to know before taking that step!

Sister Nafisa discusses 7 of them!

http://www.aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/7-things-every-muslim-girl-needs-know-getting-married/

(10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 December 2017 at 2:48pm
Is Happiness in Marriage a Matter of Luck?

How can a couple ensure happiness in their marriage?

Rida Beshir and Ekram Beshir, the renowned marriage counselors and best-selling authors of “Blissful Marriage: A Practical Islamic Guide” wrote:

“There are tried and proven recipes for a successful marriage.” Very appropriately, they call them the “Seven Essential C’s” and the “Seven Magical S’s”.

The Seven Essential C’s are:

Commitment, courtesy, communication, care, contentment, contribution, and compromise.

And the Seven Magical S’s are:

Sensitivity, sincerity, security, support, satisfaction, sharing, and sexual gratification.

According to the Beshirs, this list is not exhaustive, for there are “Five Wonderful A’s” which, if applied, can make a marriage more fulfilling...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/is-happiness-in-marriage-a-matter-of-luck/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 February 2018 at 3:31am
Cherish Your Wife the Prophet’s Way (Video & 10+ Hadiths)

In Islam, the relationship between husband and wife is a strong bond to be nurtured with kindness, love and mercy.

It is so significant that Allah Almighty mentions it in the Qur’an as one of His great signs in the world:

{And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought} (Ar-Rum 30:21)

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the role model for every Muslim in all aspects of life.

When you read about the Prophet’s treatment of his wives, you will be amazed by the great level of care, gentleness, love and compassion he showed them.

The following collection of hadiths highlight glimpses of his guidance in this regard...

http://www.aboutislam.net/shariah/hadith/cherish-your-wife-the-prophets-way-10-hadiths/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2018 at 4:40am
Top 10 Secrets For a Happy Marriage (Folder)

Finding your soul mate can be a difficult challenge, and also trying to learn more about them can become an even more challenging task.

However, after tying the knot, a new challenge emerges, which can be the hardest of them all – to develop and maintain a happily married life.

In this folder, Reading Islam compiled the best articles that may reveal some secrets of a happy marriage...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/in-focus/top-10-secrets-for-a-happy-marriage-folder/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:05am
The 3 Main Ingredients in a Loving Marriage (Watch)

Allah gives us the recipe for a happy marriage in Surat ar-Rum and Sister Haleh Banani breaks down the 3 essential components that are required.

http://www.aboutislam.net/family-society/husbands-wives/3-main-ingredients-loving-marriage-watch/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2018 at 6:22am
6 Secrets to a Happy Marriage

Stay Positive

Trust me there will be times when you feel like giving up.

During times of anger you might even threaten divorce.

Firstly, try to control your anger. Anger comes from Shaytan.

Secondly, when you make mistakes – just like you repent to Allah – try to make it up to your partner.

Mercy, mercy, mercy.

Mercy is so much more important than love. Love is a feeling, mercy is a choice. Mercy others if you expect Allah to mercy you.

How grateful I am for our paths to cross. How blessed I am to have you in my life. How honored I am, to be yours and spend this journey with you...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/6-secrets-to-a-happy-marriage/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 July 2018 at 4:53am
Getting Married? Here’s Top 5 Muslim Honeymoon Destinations

As newly-weds, choosing a place to celebrate the start of your new life together can be both exciting and overwhelming.

As Muslims we have a variety of travel needs, and Alhamdulillah, there are plenty of Muslim-friendly vacation spots to choose from.

It was tough narrowing the possibilities down, but remember it’s not where you go to but more about having the time to get to know your spouse, making memories that will be cherished for the rest of your lives.

Whether you’re a couple that loves adventure, food, or lounging on the beach, we hope the list below inspires you! Not a newlywed? Not a problem — these halal-friendly destinations are great for Muslim couples of all ages!

Here is our list of top 5 Muslim honeymoon destinations to consider, aside from Makkah and Madinah:

1. Malaysia ...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 30 August 2018 at 10:01am
2 Important Rules For a Blissful Marriage

The mercy between spouses as they age and mature morphs into a more tender kind of love that entails caring for the other when they are ill, fulfilling each other’s emotional needs, craving and enjoying each other’s company, listening to the other’s problems, granting counsel, pertinent advice and moral support, and covering each other’s shortcomings and mistakes from the rest of the world like a protective armor...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2018 at 6:45am
Cherish Your Wife the Prophet’s Way

In Islam, the relationship between husband and wife is a strong bond to be nurtured with kindness, love and mercy. It is so significant that Allah Almighty mentions it in the Qur’an as one of His great signs in the world:

{And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought} (Ar-Rum 30:21)

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the role model for every Muslim in all aspects of life. When you read about the Prophet’s treatment of his wives, you will be amazed by the great level of care, gentleness, love and compassion he showed them. The following collection of hadiths highlight glimpses of his guidance in this regard...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 10
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version