Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to Live a Happy Marriage in Islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2015 at 2:05am
Habits of Happy Productive Muslim Couples: They Make Time for One Another

Busy on your mobile phone all the time?

Too absorbed in your work/with your friends that you are not giving due attention to your spouse? If yes, then this must stop, insha'Allah!

Couples need to make time for each other to increase and deepen their bond. Letting oneself be absorbed in everyday life while neglecting one's spouse might be a major reason why many couples are growing apart this day and age.

Communicate, make time for one another, appreciate and support one another. You're there for him, and he's there for you. Never lose that, insha'Allah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgrnPhDn6DU

(2 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2016 at 12:22am

How to Get Married Ė 1: Know Your Self

Are you emotionally ready to get married?

Are you physically and mentally ready for marriage?

Are you financially ready to support and take care of someone else?

Islam encourages young people to get married when they are ready for marriage, and the above questions are important issues each young man or women considering marriage should have clear.

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

ďO young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry ÖĒ (Hadith in Al-Bukhari)

This is a first in a five part video series to help you find the right spouse, presented by brother Abdel Rahman Murphy...

http://aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/how-to-get-married-1-know-your-self/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 February 2016 at 2:46am

How to Get Married Ė 2: Parents in Marriage Decisions

How does one go about dealing with parents in marriage decisions?

In this second part of the series (How to Get Married), brother Abdel Rahman Murphy gives his insights on the second step in the process, after knowing yourself which he described in Part 1.

In this video, he talks about how to engage in a conversation with parents about the process of getting married.

He explains that on the level of fiqh, technically-speaking a man does not need permission from his parents, while a woman does need permission from her guardian, or wali.

He warns that the idea of a secret marriage is a terrible idea in his opinion, which he would never endorse.

Among the useful advice given here is please communicate early and often. Donít wait till the last minute and offer them a wedding invitation, as thatís not the best approach to introduce the idea you want to get married to them.

Talk to them early on, once you are considering getting married. Ask them for their advice, as they have a wealth of education, wisdom and experience they would want to share with you.

The second important advice is to listen, donít just talk.

Listening will allow you to properly process and understand their point of view. Through your body language and good listening attitude, you would be showing them your respect.

Thirdly, communicate your expectations to your parents, and get them engaged in the process even if you already have someone in mind as a potential future spouse...

http://aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/how-to-get-married-parents-in-marriage-decisions/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 February 2016 at 6:37am

How to Get Married Ė 3: Finding Someone

In this third video, the main topic is how do you meet somebody, and brother Abdel Rahman gives three main pieces of valuable advice:

1- Be balanced in your approach in finding somebody. To do that, donít discount people you already know just because you already know them.

At the same time, donít go to the other extreme of of constantly proposing to people who you donít know.

Be balanced, and donít go to either of the two extremes.

2- If you have a certain set of values which you want the other person to have, increase your chances in meeting somebody by participating in the types of activities they would probably engage in.

This would be a huge bonus in your compatibility test, as in this case both of you would have more common interests.

So be proactive and go out there to try to meet somebody, donít be a hermit.

3- Trust in Allah (SWT), as this process needs patience and can be very demanding on several fronts...

http://aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/how-to-get-married-finding-someone-part-3/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 March 2016 at 3:06pm

How to Get Married Ė 4: What to Look For in a Potential Spouse

In the Qurían, Allah (SWT) says:

ďAnd of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.Ē (30:21)

So these are the three main qualities a person should look for in a potential spouse: tranquility, affection and mercy.

Notice how this verse does not focus on money, looks and lineage.

These other matters are mentioned by Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, in a sound hadith where he says:

ďA woman may be married for four things: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Seek the one who is religiously-committed, may your hands be rubbed with dust (i.e., may you prosper).Ē (Hadith in Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

In this hadith, the Prophet, peace be upon him, is giving us guidelines. Itís OK to look for these other things, but donít forget the level of eman and taqwa of the potential spouse, and put it at the top level of priorities.

There is no magic solution for the priority ranking of the other three criteria, as this is very much a case by case scenario with preferences that differ from one person to another...

http://aboutislam.net/multimedia/videos/how-to-get-married-what-to-look-for-in-a-potential-spouse/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2016 at 2:24am

4 Things I Didnít Expect When I Got Married (Convert Reflects)

Looking back on my views of marriage before ďIĒ became a ďweĒ, I can honestly say I was clueless about what to expect.

I Didnít Realize how Hard Communication is for (some) Men

The basis of my marriage has always been to help each other please Allah (SWT). Some days we are better at this than others. But one thing we have really excel at, Alhamdulillah, is helping each other improve our character...

http://aboutislam.net/reading-islam/living-islam/4-things-didnt-expect-got-married/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 25 March 2016 at 10:56am

Honey, Please Stand in My Shoes

How Different Traits Work for a Perfect Marriage

Many marital problems and misunderstandings stem from the fact that men and women generally feel and react to the same situation in different ways. However, most spouses either donít know or deny this fact.

Presenting men and women as creatures from different planets in ďMen from Mars, Women from VenusĒ book was shocking to many people. Yet, it is an interesting approach to look at human differences as pieces of puzzle that if correctly placed, they will form the perfect picture.

How men and women differ in their emotions? And how can we make use of these differences for our quest of perfection?

Here are some facts that women should know about men...

http://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/america/master-chef-contestant-invites-people-dine-muslims/

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 25 March 2016 at 10:56am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 June 2016 at 7:52am

How Can Newly Weds Avoid the Pitfalls of Marriage?

Advice by sister Haleh Banani, M.A. Clinical Psychology

No matter what stage you are at in your marriage you can benefit from the information given by Haleh Banani who has her Masters in Clinical Psychology, with over 15 years experience giving marital and individual therapy.

She will give you the necessary tools to improve your marriage by answering some of the most frequently asked questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_LVAu3xxg

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 August 2016 at 6:19am

Marriage Makeover (1/5) - Self Development

Advice by sister Haleh Banani, M.A. Clinical Psychology

Improving your relationship with others begins with acknowledging and making the commitment to overcome personal shortcomings.

In this video, Sister Haleh Banani explains how critical self-development is to achieving a successful marriage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UXWLIHFIjE

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 August 2016 at 2:51am

Marriage Makeover (2/5) - The 3 Components

More useful advice by sister Haleh Banani, M.A. Clinical Psychology

Allah gives us the recipe for a happy marriage in Surat ar-Rum and Sister Haleh Banani breaks down the 3 essential components that are required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3atLlhRH0

(14 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2016 at 1:27am

Marriage Makeover (3/5) - Patience: The Master Key

Allah has promised that we will be tested in life but specifically that we will be tested in our marriages.

In this video, Sister Haleh Banani gives us the master key to overcoming difficulties in our relationships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5_BufE0_dA

(25 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2016 at 6:29am

Are You Ready For Marriage? - Lisa Killinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6PJ9oDTFHY

(4 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2016 at 3:11pm

Marriage Makeover (4/5) - Like a Garment

In the Quran, Allah compares spouses to being garments for one another. How do we put this analogy into practice?

Find out in this video by Sister Haleh Banani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIYnzgieJUE

(10 minutes)

Edited by Al-Cordoby - 20 August 2016 at 1:58am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2016 at 4:29pm

Marriage Makeover (5/5) - Forgiveness

In this final piece of our "Marriage Makeover" series by Haleh Banani, find out how forgiveness can help you achieve inner peace and happier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EP_lBJE_o

(21 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version