Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Learn about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : Learn About Islam : Learn about Islam
Message Icon Topic: MAS-ICNA Convention Talks Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2018 at 3:48am
Towards Effective and Contemporary Imams in the U.S. | Tariq Musleh #MASCON2017

There's an acute shortage of imams in America. This shortage is magnified by the multifunctionality of the American mosque serving as more than a place of worship.

It is a hub for social interaction, charitable support, counseling, interfaith dialogue, youth services, and more. Unfortunately, some young Muslims feel alienated from the mosque.

What can be done to ensure that more imams in America are trained in classical Islam while also being relevant with American culture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMl8QxpfmCg

(13 minutes)

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2018 at 2:43am
The Weight is Drowning Me | Imad Bayoun #MASCON2017

Help! I’m drowning in my sins. How do we fight the urge to stop breathing and fight to keep swimming?

We are human and we all sin, it is inevitable. However, we can ensure that we are protecting ourselves from falling into the same sins over and over again.

We often find ourselves too deep, feeling alone as if we’re drowning and there’s no escape. In Surat Zumar Aya 22 Allah (swt) tells us:

“So is one whose breast Allah has expanded to [accept] Islam and he is upon a light from his Lord [like one whose heart rejects it]? Then woe to those whose hearts are hardened against the remembrance of Allah. Those are in manifest error.”

Allah (swt) brings the light into our hearts by reminding us of our faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNt7OtijqQ

(10 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2018 at 2:18am
Does Islam need Saving, An Analysis of Human Rights | Nour Soubani

Islam is often presented as incompatible with a universal understanding of modern secular human rights.

This presentation, based on the research paper, “Does Islam Need Saving? An Analysis of Human Rights”, will explore the origin and function of human rights and their relationship with Islam, and discuss the need to move beyond a modern secular framework of rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuYZZEHOT4c

(41 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 February 2018 at 2:53pm
Repentance in Islam, Tawbah A Cornerstone of Faith | Rohi Tahir | 16th MAS-ICNA Convention

This presentation brings to the foreground the Islamic discourse on repentance with a look at the core beliefs regarding tawba from Islam’s primary sources, the Qur’an and the Sunnah, along with its distinct features; particularly when viewed in light of more conventional interpretations of the word, “repentance” typically used to identify the process of remorse and subsequent seeking of redemption for one’s sins in the sight of God – and more notably associated with the Judeo -Christian traditions which share some common beliefs with Islam while fundamentally differ with respect to others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_QWA1V-SU

(47 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2018 at 2:27am
Resist Misogyny

A talk by Dr. Jaser Auda

Tired of hearing where a Muslim woman’s place is in our faith spaces and our community is?

Muslim women are the most visible representatives of the community to the world but somehow it always comes back to how she is dressed or her “hijab”.

Let’s elevate the conversation and give Muslim women their rights at home, in the masjid, in the community and in society at large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYVV4qg19CQ

(18 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 March 2018 at 4:15am
Activism Not Victimism

The victim mentality makes one bitter, angry, depressed, and unable to do anything productive.

But Allah teaches to be both active and proactive.

Therefore, shift your mentality from that of victim to survivor.

What are some to be productive ways Muslims can use to overcome the challenges and makes the change?

Speaker: Mohammed Faris

(20 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2018 at 6:05am
Tarbiya: The Prophetic Way for Personal Development by Imam Suhaib Webb & Dr. Imad Bayoun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rxDAgUDFHk

(72 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version