Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to be a Productive Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Topic: How to be a Productive Muslim?
    Posted: 27 March 2014 at 2:16am
Salam

This is a thread to compile useful answers on how to be a productive Muslim

Starting with Gratitude.

What is the Effect of Gratitude on Productivity?

Research has shown that through our thoughts and emotions, we emit powerful signals; these signals have the ability to attract signals of the same frequency.

In other words, our positive signals will attract all other positive signals and same goes true for negative signals.

Whenever we are being ungrateful, we are in the negative state of mind and allowing the self-defeating thoughts to emit all sorts of negative energy from us. These can include thoughts such as “I never seem to have enough of money”, “I can never be healthy”, or “I can never find a practicing husband”. This will lead us to attract more negative energy.

Ultimately, we will end up becoming a black hole of despair and getting what we do not want. All the worries, arguments and frustration lead to more of the same.

Considering all this, if we want to attract more signals of what we desire to experience, for example, peace, joy, harmony, ease, prosperity, etc., then why not choose our thoughts consciously and carefully?

The more you focus on what you have in life, the more you will attract it. In other words, the more grateful you become, the more Allah  will bless you...

Are you grateful most of the time?

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2014 at 12:45am

Do You Think Productively?

Why is Productive Thinking Important?

Thinking is a way of being. It’s a habit. Most people who struggle with productivity focus on the doing.

Of course, doing – action – is very important. However, if one doesn’t start with being, the right way of thinking and operating from the right mindset, it doesn’t matter what latest cutting-edge technologies and tools one has, he or she will not be able to effectively apply the tools to be productive.

The head and heart need to be dealt with before the hands. Head for thinking and mindset, heart for the right intention, passion and desire and hands to carry out what the heart desires according to the way thought out by the mind.

A Productive Muslim has all three operating effectively, starting with the right mindset.

A powerful analogy here is that of a fruit-bearing tree. If you want to change what is visible – the fruits, you have to start with the invisible, which is the root. We don’t just live in one world, one dimension. We live in four dimensions: the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical. The physical world is just a result of how we live in the other three. And vice versa...

http://productivemuslim.com/productive-thinking-series-part-1/#utm_source=ProM-Website&utm_medium=ProM-Website&utm_campaign=Website-Interlinking

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2014 at 3:42am

Three Levels of Thinking & Living

This article covers a model called ‘3 Levels of Living’ that can easily be used to gauge the level of your productivity and apply in your day-to-day living for maximum productivity – going from ‘no productivity’ to ‘full productivity’.

Management guru Peter Drucker says that we can’t manage what we can’t measure.

To be able to manage our productivity, we need a way of gauging where we’re at in terms of our pro-activity and productivity.

Understanding and being able to see our life through this model of 3 Levels of Living will help us do that.

Level 3 Living

People who live on this level have no productivity because they spend their time worrying about the things that they have no control over, focusing on the things that are not working and complaining, blaming, naming and shaming everything and everyone else around them for their ‘problems’...

Level 2 Living

People who live on this level have some productivity because they do take responsibility for their life, in most of the areas...

Level 1 Living

People at this level enjoy full productivity because they realise that they’re either part of the problem or part of the solution, so they spend their time and energy to be part of the solution. They focus on what they have control over and can influence...

http://productivemuslim.com/productive-thinking-series-part-2/#utm_source=ProM-Website&utm_medium=ProM-Website&utm_campaign=Website-Interlinking

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2014 at 2:52am
Think Productively (Part 2): Three Levels of Thinking & Living

Level 1 Living

People at this level enjoy full productivity because they realise that they’re either part of the problem or part of the solution, so they spend their time and energy to be part of the solution.

They focus on what they have control over and can influence. They hold themselves 100% responsible for the results that they get, regardless of what the result might be.

They realise that indulging in blame or justification equates to simply wasting the opportunity and power to affect change. They don’t take things personally and they acknowledge that everyone is doing the best they can.

They are very forgiving and always grateful for the situations that they find themselves in because they know that these are opportunities to learn and grow from...

The key is to strive to live at Level 1 as much as possible. So how do we do that?
  1. First, we need to be honest with ourselves about which level we are living at. I believe that everyone is a leader and his or her first job is to lead themselves to live a life that is productive and meaningful. The first job of a leader is to accurately assess and realise the reality of a situation and acknowledge it.
  2. The key to consistently live at Level 1 is by having very strong rituals. Not just the rituals of actions and behaviours but rituals of thinking, because quality action comes from quality thinking.
  3. Have big and strong goals that will pull you forward and help you overcome any obstacle. Henry Ford says that, ‘Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal’. So if you’re seeing obstacles, your goals aren’t big enough or you’ve taken your eyes off your goals.
  4. For things to change, we have to change. Remember that: “…Allah will not change the condition of those who don’t change what is within themselves”. [Quran, Chapter 13, Verse 11]
  5. Dump the story. The more time you invest in your stories of why things are the way they are, the less time you have to get busy making the changes you want. Your past does not equal your future. Forgive, forget, repent and start fresh.
  6. Consistently focus on your goals and where you want to go. We can’t move forward and get to where we want to go by constantly looking in the rear-view mirror.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2014 at 11:48am
Think Productively (Part 3): Critical Mindset on Learning and Productivity

This article covers a model called ‘Critical Mindset on Learning & Productivity’ that can easily be used to overcome any thinking problem that people have around learning and productivity.

Fixing the Fixed Mindset

It is important to understand the two different types of mindset that Stanford University psychologist, Carol Dweck, talks about in her book appropriately named ‘Mindset’ – the fixed mindset and the growth mindset.

People with the fixed mindset tend to think that their intelligence or capability is fixed...

http://productivemuslim.com/productive-thinking-series-part-3/#ixzz2ymIjGnDj

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 April 2014 at 1:36am
Think Productively (Part 4): Feel the Fear and Be Productive

A few of the main challenges when it comes to productivity are procrastination, being overwhelmed and self-sabotage.

Most people try to learn new systems, tools and techniques to overcome these challenges without fully understanding the challenges...

Why are we talking about fear?

It is because fear is the reason behind why we procrastinate and the underlying factor behind many things that we do to procrastinate. By understanding and having some awareness around what fear is and how fear gets to us, we’ll be more aware and better equipped to deal with any challenges.

Awareness is the key. With awareness, change is possible.

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2014 at 12:03am
Think Productively (Part 5): Four Levels of Behavior

Are You Being Effective?

This article will discuss the four levels of behavior or activities that can be used to measure our effectiveness. To be successful in this world and the next, we have to be ‘doing the right things’ — effectiveness — before ‘doing things right’ — efficiency.

You can say you have been busy, but have you been busy just for the sake of being busy; or have you been busy being productive and effective? By being aware of these four levels, you can easily gauge the level of your effectiveness and productivity, In sha Allah.

The Four Levels of Behavior: Pain, Pleasure, Benefit and Harm

We live in a world of dichotomy and opposites. It is only through opposites that we know the true nature of things.

As human beings, we are driven by pain and pleasure. We no doubt like to do things that are pleasing, easy, as well as make us feel good, regardless of their actual benefit...

http://productivemuslim.com/productive-thinking-series-part-5/#utm_source=ProM-Website&utm_medium=ProM-Website&utm_campaign=Website-Interlinking

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 April 2014 at 3:30am
Think Productively (Part 6): Understanding Self-Sabotage 

Self-sabotage is any thought, feeling, action and/or behavior that holds you back from achieving your goals.

There is usually a conflict between your conscious desires and your unconscious patterns of thinking, feeling and behavior.

Sometimes, it seems like there is something holding you back from reaching your goals and succeeding. Sometimes, people might even think they are being affected by magic or that someone is sabotaging their success.

Manifestations of Self-Sabotage In Your Life

Self-sabotage can occur in your work or profession, i.e. you do not go for that promotion or position you know is going to make a difference in your life.

It could also affect your studies or business, when you do not put yourself out there or market your products and services that you know people need and can benefit from. It could be in your health where you keep starting and stopping, again and again, that exercise schedule or meal plan, thus preventing yourself from gaining muscle or shedding those last few kilos...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 April 2014 at 2:56am
Think Productively (Part 7): Sabotage Your Self-Sabotage 

Behaviour profile mainly shows your unconscious thinking style, behaviour and communication styles. It shows how you behave under certain situations and shows your strengths and weaknesses (areas of improvement).

Behaviour can be changed, but if you say this is my personality and this is who I am, then your behaviour becomes your identity and it becomes a challenge to change.

The purpose of this section is to highlight the aspect of productivity that people rarely talk about and are unaware of: The four major behaviour styles and how each style affects productivity. It is often what we are not aware of that trips us up.

Imam Sakhawi said: “Whoever knows themselves knows their Lord”. It is only through knowing ourselves that we learn to appreciate the wisdom of our Creator. It is even more than that. It is through knowing ourselves that we can maximise our strengths, mitigate our weaknesses and reach our full potential.

By knowing the different behaviour profiles, you will get insight into why some people have challenges seeing a vision or setting goals for themselves and why some people have challenges following through...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

quranreading  
Freshman
Freshman
Forum Rating: 0
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote quranreading Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:14am
I think, when we start realizing the essence of our exisitence, we start living our life in the best possible way. And to me, this is the point from where the party starts. We start being more concered about us and everything and person around us. This makes the person productive. In short, i mean, the self accountability is the key. When you start accounting your deeds to eradicate the bad things, and prosper the good actions, you are actually becoming more productive not only for yourself but also for the society.

Besides this, we must take into account the basics that are required to develop our personality as a Good Human being and Muslim. For that knowing the content inside this post could give a basic framework:

www.qurantutor.com/blog/how-to-become-a-good-muslim/

Jaza k Allah :)
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2014 at 5:25am
Think Productively (Part 8): Strategies for Amazing Self-Esteem 

This article covers one of the most crucial aspects in leading a productive life.

It ties in with your fears and affects your relationship with your Creator.

It also affects your health, relationships and success in this life and in the hereafter.

Aspects of Self-esteem

Understanding self-esteem requires an understanding two of its constituent parts: Being enough and being worthy...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2014 at 4:47am
Qualities of a Productive Manager 

A manager who is productive leads his team to realize the vision of the organization that they all are a part of...

Productive Team, Productive Manager

For a manager to be productive, he should have a productive team. However, that is not always possible since, in most cases, teams are composed of individuals with varied levels of qualifications and experience.

It becomes imperative for a manager to groom his team members so they can fulfill their fullest potential.

You are a manager because you are considered to be most qualified and experienced among your team members. Below are some of the qualities a manager should possess to make himself and his team more productive.

Lead by Example

Your team works under your guidance. At times when they are stuck, you need to roll up your sleeves and get involved to solve critical issues. While doing so, you should not be boasting your contribution or belittling theirs...

http://productivemuslim.com/productive-professionals-qualities-of-a-productive-manager/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2014 at 4:42am

Dealing with Tribulations Productively: A Change in Perspective

What we need to realize is that Allah will in fact show us His signs in the universe and within ourselves. This is part of our life experience that helps us grow and develop as human beings. He will have us live and experience the notion that with hardship, there will be ease, In sha Allah.

If you think about it, many of us are going through some sort of hardship or another. It could be a manifested struggle or a hidden one. It could be an abusive parent or spouse who does not allow you to practice your faith, it could be an illness, a financial hardship, or even an emotional burden.

Some people react to hardships destructively, but others really explore the beauty and mercy that arise from those experiences.

I remember reading a book in which a wise man says: “Never give up hope when you face a difficulty because it might in fact be your road to Allah and your window to His Mercy.”

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2014 at 12:04pm
10 Mental Habits for Success

From reading the biographies of successful people from the past and present, I have found that they all share the qualities of patience and perseverance. Success requires fortitude.

Successful people are relentless and they keep trying. The good thing is that fortitude is a quality that can be learned and strengthened through practice...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/growing-in-faith/473583-10-mental-habits-for-success.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version