Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to be a Productive Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 June 2014 at 2:29am

‘The Muslim PRAISE Model’: Boost Your Productivity

I use this model in coaching as a ‘productivity reality check’; this helps people renew their commitment to productivity and progress forward, and move away from any state that is holding them back from the ‘Real Deal’.
  1. Prioritize

Plan your day around the most beloved things to Allah. Such things are the path to eternal success.

The rest of your activities must have a good intention (i.e. work, study, projects, house chores, etc) but should all fall between your top priorities (prayers) and compulsory acts as a Muslim.

1. Rest

Taking a rest is to re-set you!

A productive Muslim must have timely breaks in the day where rest is in making Du’a (supplication), Dhikr (remembrance of Allah (swt)), and Tafakkur (reflecting).

The idea of a good rest to many people is to stretch out on the couch and do nothing (while simultaneously idly think/worry about stuff!). It’s OK to recline on your couch, but why not do dhikr or tafakkur during that time? Nothing is as simple, beneficial, relaxing and energizing as resting while doing the above mentioned beautiful acts of worship.

1. Achieve
Some goals need to be maintained (i.e. reciting a chapter of the Qur’an everyday, for life!) other goals must be finished (i.e. submitting an assignment).

Either way, if your goals are not being achieved in the standard and time you set yourself, then you must investigate…

1. Inquire

Be curious. This is where you ask yourself powerful questions. Why are you not achieving your goals?

How can you change your results? What is not working? The key is to acknowledge that you make your choices – consciously or unconsciously.

1. Support

Getting support from family and friends is valuable, but having a mentor can be very beneficial too.

A mentor is the person that helps you become aware of your blind spots, holds you accountable for your commitments, and supports you in times of challenges.

1. Enjoy

As Muslims we must aim for ‘Ihsan’ (excellence) in what we do. I believe it is easier to achieve ‘Ihsan’ when a person truly loves, understands and enjoys what they are doing...

http://www.onislam.net/english/family/your-society/self-development/456304-the-muslim-praise-model-boost-your-productivity.html

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2014 at 12:33am

New Muslims: How to Be Productive

We need to keep a fair balance in our life, especially as new Muslims. I know how it is being thirsty for knowledge when you enter Islam, and how bad you may feel that you do not know enough, therefore you are not a "good enough Muslim".

No one expects you to become a scholar in one month. Yes, you must do your best, but just as the Quran was revealed gradually to strengthen the faith of the believers and give them the rules moderately, approaching Islam step by step is actually the best way a new Muslim can do, simply because you must understand and believe that what you are reading is the divine truth and is something for you, not against you. So don't be in a hurry!

Did you know that the Prophet used to read the verses of the Quran and not move on to the next one until he has implemented it in his life? So let's go for quality and not quantity as Allah appreciates much more those deeds which might be small, but done continuously than those which might be bigger, but done rarely.

Time Management

As new Muslims, how can we be productive in our life after converting to Islam and keep a balance in our life?

The answer is very simple, but can cause some difficulties from time to time, and this is time management...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/growing-in-faith/470765-new-muslims-how-to-be-productive.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 June 2014 at 2:49am

Be Productive, Even with Summer Heat! (Folder)

Tips for Muslim Youth

This folder presents practical tips and inspiring models for Muslim youths to help them maintain their productivity while enjoying summer

http://www.onislam.net/english/family/your-society/self-development/473459-be-productive-even-in-summer-heat.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 June 2014 at 12:04am
How to Live a Productive Life

Being on this path means not to look back too often.

It means not to let yourself get distracted or preoccupied by what other people are doing and saying.

You might make a mistake in your efforts, but when you do, you do not let it stop you. Instead, you remedy your mistake by engaging in even more work and renewing your efforts.

You do not let discussion and debate get so excessive that you let it stop you in your tracks.

It is related about one of our pious predecessors that an idle man with nothing to do wanted to stop him from the work he was doing to talk with him. He said to the idle man: “Go for the Sun.” ...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/456194-tips-to-live-a-productive-life.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 June 2014 at 4:58am
Self Actualization in Islam

Interestingly, some of the common behaviors of self-actualizers are built into the Islamic code of conduct.

1. Living with mindfulness, concentration, and being fully-absorbed: When Muslims offer the daily prayers, we are required to strive towards a state of khushoo’, which can be loosely translated as focus and mindfulness in the prayer...

2. Honesty and avoiding false appearances: Ikhlas (sincerity) is one of the pre-requisites for any action to be accepted...

3. Accepting criticism and opposition with ease: Self-actualizers often take the least trodden routes or carve out their own routes in the mission to attain their fulfillment...

4. Commitment to hard work and sense of responsibility: Self-actualizers are people who go the extra mile and who persevere when others have already given up...

5. Honest self-assessment and improvement: In Islam, we call this tazkiyah. Man is in constant labor over his soul...

http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/growing-in-faith/470555-self-actualization-the-muslim-norm.html

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 June 2014 at 12:52am

The Healing Power of Prayer

Dr Andrew Newsberg of the University of Pennsylvania attempts to enlighten us with this hidden wisdom. He studied brain wave activity during prayer and found a direct impact on several brain locations.

The benefits of prayer are incredible! Regular daily prayers halt the frontal lobe from shrinking with age, which is the part of the brain that regulates our speaking, reading and memory; therefore, this helps prevent memory loss in old age.

High activity was found in the anterior cingulate, the location that regulates our connectivity to others. A high activity in this part of the brain means a healthier and happier person.

Our self-awareness is found in the parietal lobe, the overuse of which causes feelings of isolation and loneliness, and the limbic system is where negative emotions are stimulated. Prayer deactivates both of these areas of the brain, removing the negative emotions and allowing us to benefit from the frontal lobe and anterior cingulate.

The result is a healthier, happier and longer life, In sha Allah...

http://productivemuslim.com/the-healing-power-of-prayer/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 June 2014 at 9:34am

Spark, Construct & Inspire

In this TEDx talk, brother Muhammad Fares covers the practical tips you need to spark, construct and inspire productivity and ideas in your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR4c9Ew3pH8

(8 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 July 2014 at 1:51am
How to Spend a Productive Ramadan

Tips by productive Muslims to help you become more productive this Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCFqjcHfP8

(4 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 02 July 2014 at 2:36am
Energy Management for a Productive Ramadan

Making the most of Ramadan is about understanding & managing your energy levels.

Understanding your energy levels would require you to track your energy levels for a couple of days to figure out when you’re most energetic and least energetic...

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 July 2014 at 3:54am
Focus Management: Spiritual Focus

Mohammed Faris, founder of Productive Muslim.com shares with you daily tips to help you become productive during Ramadan.

In this episode you’ll learn:

• The importance of staying spiritually focused during Ramadan
  • Understanding that the main purpose of Ramadan is to achieve Taqwa, and
  • That Ramadan requires you to be hyper-spiritually focused and not be distracted by work, family and day-to-day life

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 08 July 2014 at 5:08am
Focus Management: Mind Focus

It’s challenging for your mind to focus during Ramadan especially when you’re hungry from fasting or tired from lack of sleep.

However, sometimes we make our mind focus even more difficult by constantly bombarding it with distractions.

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 July 2014 at 2:33am
Social Energy in Ramadan - Episode 11

How to tap into social energy in Ramadan by:
  1. Involving your family & friends in productive pursuits
  2. Maintaining ties of kinship
  3. Dedicating part of your day/week to connecting socially

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 July 2014 at 2:14am
Social Focus in Ramadan - Episode 12

How to become socially active in Ramadan by:
  1. Involving your Muslim & non-Muslim colleagues in your Ramadan activities
  2. Sponsoring a poor family in your area
  3. Getting involved in your local masjid or community

Remember, don’t have a “selfish Ramadan”, have a “self-less Ramadan”.

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 10 July 2014 at 11:52pm
Social Time in Ramadan - Episode 13

How to prioritize your tasks/responsibilities across all your roles during Ramadan.
  1. Ask yourself how you’re doing in every area/role of your life
  2. Ask yourself, “What’s the minimum I’m supposed to be doing in each role and am I doing the minimum?”

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version