Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Discussions about Islam
 Whyislam.org Forums : WhyIslam : Questions and Discussions about Islam
Message Icon Topic: How to be a Productive Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2014 at 8:08am
Mid-Ramadan Slump - Episode 16

In this episode you’ll learn:

What to do when you’re experiencing the mid-Ramadan slump:
  1. Slow down a bit
  2. Do not beat yourself up
  3. Tap into your social energy

Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2014 at 6:54am
Productivity Tips from Badr - Episode 17

1. Success comes from Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala)
  2. Use all means to prepare yourself for life’s battles
  3. Seek Allah’s help and have trust in Him

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 18 July 2014 at 1:56am
Productivity Tips from the Conquest of Makkah - Episode 20

Productivity lessons from the Conquest of Makkah:

1. Be patient with your productivity
  2. Pick your battles (goals) wisely
  3. Be merciful and forgiving; be humble when you’re successful

(3 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2014 at 8:09am
Productivity Last Ten Nights of Ramadan for the Busy Person - Episode 21

How busy people can be productive in the last 10 nights:

1. Focus on the odd nights
  2. Inform your family and colleagues about your plans for these nights
  3. If it’s possible, take some time off from work

(2 minutes)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2014 at 4:14pm
Ramadan as a Catalyst for Change

But what happens after the marathon?

What happens once you’ve completed the race?

If you’re like most of us, you find yourself slowing right down. Some of us come to a complete standstill. And, just like that, the “Ramadan Effect” is over.

But what if we did things differently this year?

What if we made a conscious decision not to crash and burn?

To pace ourselves. To see the month of Ramadan itself as the training ground, and the rest of the year as the marathon. To use this month for growth, for transformation in the long term.

What I am suggesting isn’t new. It isn’t radical. We all hope for positive change during Ramadan. But what I am trying to do this year is take a less short-term approach to my ‘ibadah in Ramadan...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 4:17pm

Overcome Soft Addictions: Habits That Keep Us From Our Goals

The term addiction is most commonly understood with respect to a chemical association — the compulsive use and dependence on drugs, alcohol and nicotine.

While this does unfortunately exist in the Ummah and is something we most definitely should aim to cease, I want to speak more about those forgotten but most definitely dangerous addictions that we shall refer to as soft addictions.

Soft addictions are those seemingly harmless habits such as over-shopping, overeating, watching too much TV, endlessly surfing the Internet, procrastinating etc. that keep us from having the life we want.

❝ They cost us money, rob us of time, numb us from our feelings, mute our consciousness, and drain our energy. And we all have them. ❞ —Judith Wright, author of The Soft Addiction Solution

As Judith Wright described, soft addictions are those habits that keep us from the life we want...

http://productivemuslim.com/overcome-soft-addictions

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2014 at 3:03am
Productive Relationships: Reconnect with People You Care About

Following routines is very important for a productive Muslim. We want to make the most of every moment we have, yet when our plates become too full, these routines can become a blur of activities disrupting the fine equilibrium of relationships.

To maintain a healthy balance, we need to include a variety of activities which will allow us to slow down and reconnect with the loved ones in our lives. Doing so doesn’t require large investments or dramatic changes; it’s actually the little things that can go a long way when done together with people you care about.

As parents, it is important for us to model family unity. After all, we are raising future adults who will take the lessons learned at this tender age and implement them in their own families and in turn help enrich their future relationships, In sha Allah.

There are simple things we can do starting today which can have a positive impact on their lives tomorrow. Not only will these simple activities help form family unity, but will also help each individual develop sympathy and compassion for others...

http://productivemuslim.com/relationships-reconnect-with-people

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 22 October 2014 at 8:55am

10 Key Elements of a Successful Project

So you have a bright and wonderful idea; you’re going to change the world, or perhaps start a bit smaller. But how do you see your idea through to success, as opposed to letting it dwindle away as an ephemeral vision in your mind, or giving up altogether half way through?

We have all been there. We have been inspired to, say, learn the Arabic language, start a fundraiser, write a book, start a business, complete a dissertation or even plan and execute a huge family dinner! And we’re all looking for the best way to go about it.

So if you’ve been meaning to get started on a new project, below are 10 fundamental elements that you can implement to see any of your projects through to positive results and success, In sha Allah:

1. Trust in Allah...

2- Purify Your Intentions...

3- Do Your Research...

4- Embark on Passionate Pursuits...

5- Set Achievable Goals...

6- Be Different and Stick to It...

7- Constantly Seek Assistance from Allah...

8- Build Personal Relationships...

9- Ask for Help...

10- Take Breaks...

http://productivemuslim.com/10-key-elements-of-a-successful-project

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 28 October 2014 at 4:33am
A Guide to Being a Happier Muslim

First off, happiness could be defined as “contentment, inner peace, and inner strength.”

From my personal experience as well as my education as a counselor, I believe that the real source of our happiness is having a positive relationship with Allah.

I also believe that a secondary source of happiness is our ability to use coping skills to cope with life’s difficulties...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2014 at 4:51am
Forgiving Yourself: The Key for Moving On

Have you committed a sin that you are unbelievably ashamed of?

Have you made a horrible mistake or let your loved ones down?

“Everybody makes mistakes. Forgive yourself, you are only human.”

There, I said it! So? Do you feel better?

Yeah, I didn’t think so!

As much as people will try to help us move forward, and as much as we try to let go of the past, truly, it’s easier said than done.

More often than not, you’ll find yourself blocking the guilt out and submitting to numbing denial, pretending like nothing ever happened.

Or worse, you’ll dwell on the mistakes you have made, magnifying them in a way that makes you believe you do not even deserve forgiveness. Am I close? ...

http://productivemuslim.com/forgiving-yourself/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 04 December 2014 at 1:32am

Better Habit Making – Purifying the Heart

Have you thought about how the dead weight of sins and bad habits we carry in our heart can seriously affect our productivity? 

Purifying the Heart.

Doodle by: Aneesah Satriya

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:45am
How to Be Happy at Work

Four Parts:

Starting Your Day Off on the Right Foot

Making Your Work Easier

Interacting with Your Coworkers

Maintaining a Positive Attitude

Get to work at least ten minutes early. A rushed and bad start will minimise your chances of having a good day and feeling happy at work. If you get to work late, you'll feel like you're behind all day, and like you never have time to catch up. Instead, leave the house at least 15 minutes earlier than you have been, or even earlier, depending on when you normally get to work...

Take breaks. If you want to be happier in your workplace, then you have to take breaks from your work from time to time. You don't want to feel repressed or like you can't leave your desk or go outside until you're done with your work day. Studies show that it's important to take a break at least every 90 minutes; step away from your computer or whatever task your doing and take 10 minutes to rest your eyes, stretch, take a short walk, make a brief phone call, or even read a little bit. If you have the luxury of taking a break from your work, then you should make a habit of it if you want to feel happier...

Avoid negative people at all costs. Colleagues who moan and whine about personal or work issues, will drag you down and prevent the workplace from being a happy one. Instead, focus on people who are positive, upbeat, and who have an optimistic attitude about their work...

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Happy-at-Work

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2014 at 2:20am

LEGO Illustration: Productivity Lessons from Prophet Nuh

5 Productivity Lessons From The Life of Nuh

1. Keep It Simple

Nuh clarified his message by being simple and to the point, making the Oneness of Allah easy to understand. He told his people exactly what they were doing wrong (idol worship) and he told them what to do to fix the problem: worship Allah alone.

He then expanded by telling them the benefits of turning to Allah (paradise, good rewards in this world such as increased progeny and sustenance etc.) as well as the consequences of turning away from Allah (eternal damnation, Hellfire etc.).

2. Diversity of Approach

Nuh diversified his approaches for maximum success, as he couldn’t know which method would bring more success (so he tried them all).

He preached in public gatherings, and in private meetings. He preached in gatherings and festivals, and individually in the homes of people. He preached during the day and during the night tirelessly.

3. Approaching the Leaders

It is a fact of life that people follow their leaders and the notable amongst them. In our world we follow trends set by our leaders and celebrities.

Nuh preached to the leaders amongst his people, rationalizing that if the people in power convert, they can then influence others to be more receptive to his message as well. This approach was also adopted by Prophet Muhammad , who tasted success with this approach in Madinah, but not in Makkah.

4. Focus

He preached for a long time, and did not let distractions or failures discourage him. His goal was preaching the Tawheed (Oneness of The Almighty), and he remained dedicated and focused on that one goal. He understood that guidance comes from Allah , and that his job was only to preach and spread the message.

5. Knowing When to Let Go

When at one point Allah enlightened Nuh about the fact that no one else would believe in his message, the Prophet of Allah stopped preaching as that would now be wasted effort. He immediately refocused, and turned his attention to the next goal and commandment of Allah : building the Ark, and preparing for the Great Flood...

http://productivemuslim.com/productivity-lessons-prophet-nuh

Check the nice Lego slide show (18 slides)

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2015 at 4:42am

9 Ways to Lower Your Daily Stress

Stress has unfortunately become a normal part of our lives. In modern society, it is one of the silent culprits that affects anyone. A little might not be too bad for anyone, but continuous stress can cause negative effects on your mind, body and overall life.

A stress statistic data showed that 77% of people in the U.S. regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress.  Long-term stress can cause headache, acne, chest pain, high blood pressure, fatigue, teeth grinding, depression, anxiety etc.

Making use of stress management methods is essential to take charge of one’s own health and mind. Although it is not an easy job, managing stress is a prerequisite to living a healthy and happy life. I have suffered from stress for a long time without realizing it, so to help manage your own stress, here are 9 practical tips that helped me keep stress at bay:

1. Exercise regularly

2. Do breathing exercises

3. Eat right

4. Sleep well

5. Laugh

They say laughter is the best medicine and not only is it good for the body, but also for the mind as it can reduce stress hormones.

6. Enjoy the company of family and friends

7. Take advantage of your free time

In our busy life, we need some time to enjoy ourselves. You can use your free time in a productive way by doing something to serve your community, or simply relaxing...

8. Manage your time well

9. Be content with what you have

http://productivemuslim.com/lower-your-stress/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version