Hall of FameHall of Fame  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  chatChat
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Current Events
 Whyislam.org Forums : General : Current Events  
Message Icon Topic: Uplifting News From Around the World Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Religion: Islam(Muslim)
Forum Rating: 159
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 23 April 2018 at 8:00am
God saved his life, he says.

Now he is giving back, one pot of soup at a time

http://www.kansas.com/living/religion/article207958349.html

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/living/religion/article207958349.html#storylink=cpy
Think Win-Win for a better world for all...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

No Guest-Voting   IP IP Logged
Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:33am
Boy Saved Money for Video Games But Donates All $450 to Local Food Pantry

AVON, Ind. (WTHR) — Most kids can't wait to spend their allowance on a new toy or video game.

But one Avon Middle School North student decided to give $450 to a local food pantry.

Brecken Hayes, the soon-to-be eighth grader got a little help from a friend to present that check to the Mary Lee Maier Food Pantry this morning.

We first told you about the food pantry last fall when the shelves were bare.

But the community came through and helped fill it back up.

And now Brecken hopes giving his money to the food pantry will help more people...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:29am

Hailed as Hero ‘Spiderman’, Muslim Climbs Building to Rescue Baby

PARIS – A Malian Muslim immigrant has been hailed a national hero in France after scaling a building to save a four-year-old baby; he has also been granted honorary citizenship and a job as a fireman.

“Congratulations to Mamoudou Gassama for his act of bravery that saved the life of a child,” Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo tweeted, The Telegraph reported on Monday.

“He explained to me that he had arrived from Mali a few months ago dreaming of building his life here.

“I replied that his heroic gesture was an example for all citizens and that the City of Paris will obviously be keen to support him in his efforts to settle in France.”

Hidalgo also lauded the 22-year-old’s heroism and said she had called him to thank him in person.

She hailed him as the “Spiderman of the 18th”, a reference to the Paris district where the rescue took place on Saturday evening on a street in the north of the French capital...

http://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/europe/france-grants-citizenship-muslim-hero-rescued-baby/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2018 at 7:38am
Woman tries to save drowning boy, winds up saving his pregnant mother, too

An Indianapolis woman reacted quickly to save a 3-year-old boy in danger of drowning in a pool, only to find that his pregnant mother also needed her help.

Apartment manager Jennifer Potter was riding by the pool in a golf cart on Wednesday, when she saw a small child in the deep end, local TV station WTHR reports.

She jumped in the pool to help. 

But when she reached the child she saw more: The boy's pregnant mother was submerged under him. The mother had jumped into the pool earlier to try and save her son, according to WXIN...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/08/woman-tries-save-drowning-boy-saves-his-pregnant-mother-too/683789002/

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 15 June 2018 at 4:14am
A Texas man felt sympathy for 54 immigrants discovered in a tractor-trailer. So he bought them all pizza

(CNN) Armando Colunga was watching the news in San Antonio when he saw a report Tuesday night about authorities discovering 54 undocumented immigrants in the back of an 18-wheeler truck.

The men were being detained, sitting in a group on the ground, while they waited for authorities to interview and transport them.
Colunga felt compelled to act. The tow truck driver hopped in his vehicle and drove across town to help...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 27 June 2018 at 1:24am
A man helped a woman stranded in a wheelchair: What he did next went viral

24-year-old Bilal Quintyne sees a woman stranded for 45 minutes because her wheelchair battery ran out of power and decides to push her all the way home.

It was a 30 minute journey...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 01 July 2018 at 6:55am
Mystery person buys $1M worth of remaining toys at Toys 'R' Us store to donate to kids

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - As Toys "R" Us stores across the country prepare to close for good Friday night, an employee at the Raleigh location said the store would not be open on the final day of business.

The staff member said that’s because an anonymous person purchased $1 million worth of the remaining toys at the Triangle Town Center location to donate to local children.

The staff will spend the last day boxing up the few toys left to put on a truck...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 06 July 2018 at 7:21am
How 4 teens from Southern California are helping kids with problems from homelessness to bullying

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 07 July 2018 at 4:00am

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2018 at 4:22am
Cave rescue: 'Hope became reality' says Navy Seal chief

The head of the Thai Navy Seals has said "hope became reality" with the successful rescue of 12 boys and their coach from the Tham Luang cave.

"We had a little bit of hope that they might still be alive but we had to do it, we just had to move forward," Rear Adm Arpakorn Yuukongkaew told the BBC.

"There was only a tiny bit of hope, but that's all we had to work with."

The group was trapped in the cave by rising water and rescued in a dramatic operation that captivated the world.

The complex, three-day rescue saw four boys emerge on Sunday, four on Monday, and the final four boys plus their coach on Tuesday...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44790376

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 14 July 2018 at 4:47am
Businessman's on-the-spot job offer to homeless man

This picture captures the moment a homeless man arrived for his first day of work, after being offered a permanent job by a businessman he had asked for "spare change" on a Newcastle street.

Posted on Facebook on Thursday, a photo of their first encounter has been shared more than 4,000 times and prompted 11,000 interactions...

Ryan Davidson, 25, has been looking for permanent housing for two years. He told BBC News he now had hope for the future.

"James was walking past me, so I asked him for spare change," he said.

"He stopped and seemed like a genuine, nice guy.

"We chatted for a while and then he said he had a company and could offer me a job - I couldn't believe it."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44794255

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2018 at 6:04am
France's Kylian Mbappe, 19-year-old phenom, will donate World Cup earnings to charity

Kylian Mbappe garnered global recognition for his performances in this year’s World Cup, but the proceeds he earned are not going to him.

Mbappe, who scored four goals this year as France claimed its second World Cup, decided to donate his earnings from the tournament to a charity that gives free sports instruction to hospitalized and disabled children in sports, Premiers de Cordee.

The organization also coordinates disability awareness campaigns for schools and businesses, according to the French news outlet L’Equipe...

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: 17 July 2018 at 3:19am
Birmingham college student walked 20 miles to 1st day of work so his boss gave him his car

When a young Birmingham college student's car broke down the night before he was supposed to start a new job, he didn't panic. At least not for long.

Instead, Walter Carr walked. From Homewood to Pelham. All night. In the dark. 20 miles or more.

A Carver High School graduate and U.S. Marine hopeful, Carr walked throughout the early morning hours Friday because he needed, and wanted, the job with Bellhops moving company. He made it to Hoover by 2 a.m. and then to Pelham at 4 a.m.

It was in Pelham that the trek took a surprising turn. Kindness and concern from four Pelham police officers coupled with publicly-posted words of amazement and admiration from the moving company's clients about Carr's work ethic and dedication, led to a massive pat on the back Monday from Bellhops CEO Luke Marklin.

Marklin drove in from Tennessee under the guise of meeting Carr for coffee to personally thank him. That meeting ended with Marklin surprising Carr by giving Carr his own barely-driven 2014 Ford Escape...

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/07/former_marine_walked_20_miles.html?utm_source=reddit.com

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

Al-Cordoby  
Admin Group
Admin Group
Rating: 0 of 0 votes Quote Al-Cordoby Replybullet Posted: Today at 5:16am
Black Teen reported for selling hotdogs... so city health department helped get him licensed

My Blog
Muslim Heritage

<< Prev Page  of 23
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version